FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many strikers, too many youth players, no actual good buys, nobody getting sold and the squad is way too big. Transfer listing players doesn't do anything to the morale unless you shove everyone on the list or all the favourite players. Sell at least 20 players from your reserves and first team. And get some good senior players...that's basically the same squad but just with Guilherme who's completely pointless.

thanks evon!

i actually want to have a squad thats as close to irl as possible. sounds like a change is coming though.

ppl im looking to offload in the first team are saha and hargreaves mainly. but they hardly have any suitors!

Saha Hargreaves Brown and maybe Fletcher/Park!

FIFA Club World Cup Semi Final vs Cruz Azul

03252008111312ui7.th.jpg

FIFA Club World Final vs River Plate

03252008111505se2.th.jpg

PLaying has lone strikers Aguero has 15 goals in 12 games, Rooney 29 goals in 19 games. Don't you just love them!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Rooney's record under my management:

Season 1: Apps 48 Goals 61

Season 2: Apps 51 Goals 59

Season 3: Apps 19 Goals 29

Total: Apps 118 Goals 149

icon_eek.gif

I just signed zapata for free. i am on my 3rd season with Manchester United btw. he seems to be an excellent signing. i also signed Alexis from valencia and Lorenzo De Silvestri for a fee of €32million and €23.5million respectively. they seem to be an excellent signing. and my rooney has been banging in lots of goals ever since i make him my captain. and tevez has been my super-sub. scoring all the important goals. he reminds me of solksjaer (:

Originally posted by Rydo L:

Adonis

That is some record there mate.

What formation do you play?

I play with just the one tactic a 4-1-2-2-1, ST is semi targetman set to run onto ball. The main play is between my 2 AMC's who provide the through balls for the ST, my wingers don't get much of a look in.

Also I know how to inpire Rooney as well via teamtalks, makes a big difference.

Originally posted by pele10:

what do you tell Rooney?

Because he has a very determined character you can be harsh with him. At halftime in home games if he has a 6 rating tell him your dissappointed, if a 7 have faith in ability, 8 again faith in ability. Away games if he has 6 or 7 have faith. But against your rivals you can tell him your dissappointed even with a 7 rating and he will become motivated. Most games I tend to encourage him has usually gets 1 or 2 goals in the first 45 mins anyway.

Originally posted by adonis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rydo L:

Adonis

I play with just the one tactic a 4-1-2-2-1, ST is semi targetman set to run onto ball. The main play is between my 2 AMC's who provide the through balls for the ST, my wingers don't get much of a look in.

Also I know how to inpire Rooney as well via teamtalks, makes a big difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adonis any chance of uploading yr tactics? icon_smile.gif

Try telling rooney to have more long shots. use him as a target man. to feet. he is damn awesome. and if possible, ask ur wingers to pass the ball to him more often. tell me if it works for u.

hey adonis, how is akinfeev performing for ur team? my foster has been conceeding lots of goals lately.

O.K I was thinking of starting a new game with United as i hav'nt been them on the new patch yet. I'm thinking the team looks pretty solid and don't think i would need to sign anyone in the 1st season apart from a few youngsters for the future.

Also, i've been hearing that the clubs finances are pretty poor and usually goes into debt. Is this true, and how are the transfer budgets each season are they quite decent? thanks!

Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adonis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rydo L:

Adonis

Also I know how to inpire Rooney as well via teamtalks, makes a big difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adonis any chance of uploading yr tactics? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There not mine tactics but by a mate of mine, I have given the link to his thread a few pages back.

I have Rooney on long shots mixed and he doesn score his fair share of screamers, where gk's don't even see them coming.

Akinfeev is surprisingly a very good gk, much better than he was on fm07.

In my third season my balance is -£2m...and the board are happy, thats mainly due to my big buys but have also brought in alot of money through getting good prices and winning things.

With a 100,000 capacity stadium I am getting around £3m per game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adonis:

Adonis

Adonis any chance of uploading yr tactics? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There not mine tactics but by a mate of mine, I have given the link to his thread a few pages back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers pal icon_smile.gif

this is my first time posting SS so bear with me is they don't work first time.

Just thought i'd let you see how my man u career game is going.i'm now in my 5th season and this is my first team.

1stteamlh9.jpg

<A HREF=A>

As you can see i only have 4 surviving members of the original first team.

let me see if this worked first

Originally posted by pele10:

that worked mate icon14.gif

Woohoo, finally. now i know what to do.

yeah thats my team anyway. i use my own tactics set i created and finally i've started dominating. i haven't got the most gifted of squads but their are some real gems their.

won the league last season and the champs league the year before. i'm currently top of prem by 3 points. funniest thing ever is that liverpool are in 19th with only 1 win. LMAO!

Coming to the January transfer window 2009.

Pique has been attracting alot of clubs, he is worth £10m has 4 years left on his contract and is backup to Vidic and Richards. Also have Sergio Ramos and J Evans who can play there with Salkho out on loan.

Just had an enquiry from Inter who offered £16m but I negotiated it to £0 upfront, £20m after 24 months AND £40m after 1 international appearance. He only has 1 cap so far but none this season probably due to his lack of games. I am looking at Criscito to replace him but won't be able to get him til the summer has he has just signed a new contract.

Offer too good to refuse? He wants to go and ends up being upset whenever I rejected the earlier bids.

My last group game in ECL..got Real Mdrid in 1st knockout round.

03252008172155xc9.th.jpg

Yep thats how he has turned out for me. He is at that age of 22 where he wants 1st team football and Barcelona being his favourite club don't help by making bids every week.

My club balance is £7m with £2.4m left for transfers. I don't really need anyone but by selling Pique and getting Criscito it means I have a player who can play all sides of the defence.

Think I will sell he has been upset for the past 18months now on and off.

i sold pique half way through 3rd season to barcelona for 15 mil over 24 months,10 mil after 10 international apps (he's made 9 so far) and 50% of next sale.

his stats have improved a little since then but he was first team when i sold him so thats why i put 50% on his resale.

adonis,

add a buyback clause to that contract and posssibly sell on clause. I got both them into a deal which saw me get 15million up front, 40million after 1 international.

Season later I purchased him back for 11.25m. I had included a 22.5m buyback clause and got 50% of that back icon_smile.gif Thats after having received the 40million from the international \o/

Ok he was then on £83k a week wages, but to be honest he would have been up to about £50k by time I purchased him back (09/10) and the profit I made more then covers his wages for quite some time

Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

I finished 3rd in league last season with Manchester United and now have lost 3 matches by october in season 2 and have to win league this season to not face the sack.

Is it worth starting again to win league in the first season?

no, don't start again.

i've only won the league once and that was the 4th season. try and have a god run in other comps aswell and get some unbeaten runs in the league under your belt.

the board have let my contract run down twice now but always offered me a new one before it ended. during those times i have been linked with high profile jobs such as Real Madrid.

Yep thats how he has turned out for me. He is at that age of 22 where he wants 1st team football and Barcelona being his favourite club don't help by making bids every week.

My club balance is £7m with £2.4m left for transfers. I don't really need anyone but by selling Pique and getting Criscito it means I have a player who can play all sides of the defence.

Definitely sell him. He's not worth all that money. He takes way too long to develop into a good player and still doesn't match up to Vidic and hasn't got much pace either.

Originally posted by Evon:

Definitely sell him. He's not worth all that money. He takes way too long to develop into a good player and still doesn't match up to Vidic and hasn't got much pace either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep true looking at pele's screenie in 2015 shows that his pace never goes higher than 13, the deal has been done!! SPain have a game in Feb so hopefully don't have to wait too long for the £40m.

Was thinking of signing Huntelaar myself as well, so that my wingers have got a better target to aim for, Rooney + Tevez just can't get on the end of the crosses.

So what does everybody think of him? Good buy? or are there better strikers who are decent in the air?

Ive bought Huntelaar in a few of my United saves. He have been good on all of them, and as you pointed out he gives united a option in the air which we dont have at presence.

Ive found out though that in some saves he takes some games to settle in so you proberly shouldnt expect a immediate van nistelrooy clone but given time he can be the new RvN

Yeah think i'm going to sign him then, will probably need to sell a few players to get the cash, already spent a bit on youngsters.

Just signed Stancu as a back up striker for £1m, just bagged himself 4 goals in a friendly against Antwerp.

Has anyone used Marcelo before? is he better as ML than DL because hes not got very good tackling and positioning.

End of season 2007/08 update

Community Shield winners vs Chelsea 4-1

Carling Cup winners vs Arsenal 2-1

Champions League winners vs Barcelona 3-2

Premier League winners

Best players: WAYNE ROONEY 69 goals in 49 games fukin fab!!!

Mathias Fernandez 41 games 15 goals 49 assists

Nemanja Vidic 52 games 30 goals

Tevez managed 34 games 26 goals.

Paul Scholes also did well assist wise has did Anderson along with Ronaldo of course.

Transfer policy: Need 2 goalkeepers, already getting Marchisio for £4m currently have £7m left hopeful will be bumped up alot.

Hey Adonis Can U Upload Ur Formation Or Tell Me How U Play Rooney And Tevez Together ?

Originally posted by olliet94:

This is my first post on the Utd thread so hi,

I was debating whether to start either a liverpool or utd game and was wondering if anyone could help me out with tactics and signings, thanks.

icon14.gif

easy enough choice liverpoo are sh!ite.

First you don't really need anyone maybe get some of the well known youths, and get rid off dead wood like SIlvestre and Saha. But you will need a new gk by the 2nd season Foster and Kuzscak aren't upto it.

Originally posted by tradex:

End of season 2007/08 update

Community Shield winners vs Chelsea 4-1

Carling Cup winners vs Arsenal 2-1

Champions League winners vs Barcelona 3-2

Premier League winners

Best players: WAYNE ROONEY 69 goals in 49 games fukin fab!!!

Mathias Fernandez 41 games 15 goals 49 assists

Nemanja Vidic 52 games 30 goals

Tevez managed 34 games 26 goals.

Paul Scholes also did well assist wise has did Anderson along with Ronaldo of course.

Transfer policy: Need 2 goalkeepers, already getting Marchisio for £4m currently have £7m left hopeful will be bumped up alot.

Hey Adonis Can U Upload Ur Formation Or Tell Me How U Play Rooney And Tevez Together ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't play them together apart from the odd game has I play with a lone striker supported by 2 AMC's. Tevez was hit and miss for me so sold him end of 2nd season and got Aguero to replave him. Quite a few people are having problems getting Tevez to perform. Tevez played has a striker in cup games and against weak teams.

Originally posted by trebor1185:

Yeah think i'm going to sign him then, will probably need to sell a few players to get the cash, already spent a bit on youngsters.

Just signed Stancu as a back up striker for £1m, just bagged himself 4 goals in a friendly against Antwerp.

Has anyone used Marcelo before? is he better as ML than DL because hes not got very good tackling and positioning.

Ye i bought him, but that was a purely financial purchase since you can sell him for 25m+ after 1 season if you give him a fair amount of games. so often do this and earn 20 odd millions in profit from him. back to the question i used him as a very attacking full back but as you pointed out defending aint his strong side

Originally posted by Zordan:

Never really had the Tevez problem as quite a few post about. Tevez and rooney usually is a deadly partnership for me.

I usually play Tevez behind Rooney or using a barrow to amc from his striker posistion

zordan .. wad instructions u give tevez and rooney?

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Hi guys,

I'm playing as Everon on my game and was thinking about buying Rooney at the end of the season, do you know how much they might be willing to sell for?

Sory abit more info, itt's 8.0.2 patch and I'm near end of season 2, Rooneys got top goalscorer in EPL 2 years running

Archived