FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am currently about to start my 3rd season in charge of Man Utd (09/10) and I was wondering if anyone could suggest any improvements for my team? A screenshot is below:

manutdsquadstart0910vx8.jpg

I also have alot of good youth players in my reserves or out on loan so if you want just ask and I will tell you who I have.

Thanks in advance for any help icon_biggrin.gif.

uhm.. wy are you playing with 4 strictly center backs in the back four? And where is Evra and Simpson? Nakamura I know is crap by the third season, so why you have him on there is beyond me, same goes for Carew...

Your midfield looks good, but Van der vaart is strictly an amc, he's not half as good in the MC role, but I suppose that Farrow makes him play as an AMC =/

As for improvements... a new right back and a new left back. Criscito is an awesome centreback, but hardly a fullback, Samba is a decent centerback but hardly a right back, and hardly united quality...

Benzema instead of care and Nakamura, cause they both stink by the 4th season. Is Nakamura even performing for you?

Anyway, you have a good team, but you're missing some key postions in my opinion

Originally posted by Canabary:

uhm.. wy are you playing with 4 strictly center backs in the back four? And where is Evra and Simpson? Nakamura I know is crap by the third season, so why you have him on there is beyond me, same goes for Carew...

Your midfield looks good, but Van der vaart is strictly an amc, he's not half as good in the MC role, but I suppose that Farrow makes him play as an AMC =/

As for improvements... a new right back and a new left back. Criscito is an awesome centreback, but hardly a fullback, Samba is a decent centerback but hardly a right back, and hardly united quality...

Benzema instead of care and Nakamura, cause they both stink by the 4th season. Is Nakamura even performing for you?

Anyway, you have a good team, but you're missing some key postions in my opinion

A.C Milan bid £30mill for Evra and £40mill for Vidic in the first season and board accepted both so thats where they have gone. I am currently trying to sell Carew and Nakamura is there soley to tutor players, he only came at the start of the season and I don't plan on playing him.

As for a left back, Criscito is currently covering the LB role for Abarca who is injured atm. Any ideas on a new left-back?

Thanks for the help btw.

Originally posted by Harryseaess:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canabary:

A.C Milan bid £30mill for Evra and £40mill for Vidic in the first season and board accepted both so thats where they have gone. I am currently trying to sell Carew and Nakamura is there soley to tutor players, he only came at the start of the season and I don't plan on playing him.

As for a left back, Criscito is currently covering the LB role for Abarca who is injured atm. Any ideas on a new left-back?

Thanks for the help btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taye Taiwo always does superbly for me. Had him on my first game 8.0.0 then brough in Clichy for 20m. Taiwo easily kept Clichy on the bench, and that's saying something. Also look at Chielini (probably best rated on the game) Gareth Bale (for obvious reasons) and Leighon Baines.

Originally posted by Evon:

£6-7m?????? Are you nuts? Even if you were going to sell Brown which is a crazy idea, I'd demand at least £20m for him especially if O'Shea is going for £10m.

He is worth £3m and has 18 months left on his contract and also hit 30 yrs of age. I don't even play him with Pique, Sakho and J Evans infront of him. He is also upset and he aint has good has he was in the previous databases.

After despatching the Scousers in the Champions League quarters i have just seen of Chelski in the Semi's . Won 1-0 at Old Trafford and just beat them 3-1 at the bridge . League is gone unfortunately , 6 points behind Arsenal with 2 games to go . Only had 2 defeats as well to many bloody draws .

With Rooney and Saha out for a month Ronaldo has really stepped up his game after a unspectacular season . He has had 6 MOM awards in a row . Anyone else had this many in a row?

ok finally git a successful tactic,won league again.lost in cl semi final to arsenal fs!

badly need a gk,vds too old,foster and kuzczack are gone..who will i go for,lloris gone to villa.im on 8.02, july 2009...lots of money..thanks.

Drewzo

Originally posted by adonis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

£6-7m?????? Are you nuts? Even if you were going to sell Brown which is a crazy idea, I'd demand at least £20m for him especially if O'Shea is going for £10m.

He is worth £3m and has 18 months left on his contract and also hit 30 yrs of age. I don't even play him with Pique, Sakho and J Evans infront of him. He is also upset and he aint has good has he was in the previous databases. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, it's sad really. He's one of my favorite defenders, but he's hardly good enough in this game.. He doesa decent job on the right though, in the first season, then danny woke up and became awesome, now Brown is lucky if he gets a sub in =/

Originally posted by Calvin08:

i don't know why baz1's tactic didn't work well for me.. Rooney and Tevez don't want to score.. Now i want to try adonis's tactic.. And i'll give my feedback later..

=]

Wanna try my tactic? I am doing pretty well, winning 90% of my games.

I play a 4-1-1-2-1

GK

DR DC DC DL

DM

CM

AMR AML

FC FC

I play counter-attacking. The CM has a farrow to the same line as AML and AMR. Works pretty well.

Hey guys was just wondering if you could let me know how good Anderson is? Ive been offered him in a swap deal for one of my players, he isnt playing week in week out on my game for Utd you see. Im nearing the end of my third season. And im using the first beta patch. Thanks in advance for any help! icon14.gif

I just got offered 33.5 million for Nani... I don't want him to go since I don't have a backup winger but i have no choice since the board accepted the transfer. Can someone recommend a good left winger to replace him?? Preferably left footed too?

Originally posted by phantom1998:

I just got offered 33.5 million for Nani... I don't want him to go since I don't have a backup winger but i have no choice since the board accepted the transfer. Can someone recommend a good left winger to replace him?? Preferably left footed too?

Offer Nani a decent contract and he sign it and stay instead of leaving. I always do that as no way am I letting him go icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Canabary:

vbmnu - Van der Sar can do the job perfectly in the first season, if you manage to win something in the season your budget will sky-rocket. Use the selling trick on fletcher and watch tottenham and newcastle offer 15m for him.

I bought Ochoa and Lloris in the start of the second season, Ochoa will be away a lot on international matches, but becomes very valueable halfway into the season (at which point he's better than Lloris) Lloris becomes a real beast in the third season. 5 matches and 3 cleansheets so far. Felipe isn't woth it...

My advice is to not spend ANYTHING in the first season, as your team is more than capeable of winning the prem. Then when you've managed to win something, be it league cup, fa cup, ECC or the prem. You'll have more money to shop for and can sell off the dead weight.

Sorry if it's a stupid question but what is the selling trick?

Originally posted by jance:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canabary:

vbmnu - Van der Sar can do the job perfectly in the first season, if you manage to win something in the season your budget will sky-rocket. Use the selling trick on fletcher and watch tottenham and newcastle offer 15m for him.

I bought Ochoa and Lloris in the start of the second season, Ochoa will be away a lot on international matches, but becomes very valueable halfway into the season (at which point he's better than Lloris) Lloris becomes a real beast in the third season. 5 matches and 3 cleansheets so far. Felipe isn't woth it...

My advice is to not spend ANYTHING in the first season, as your team is more than capeable of winning the prem. Then when you've managed to win something, be it league cup, fa cup, ECC or the prem. You'll have more money to shop for and can sell off the dead weight.

Sorry if it's a stupid question but what is the selling trick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Offer around for £0 and put them on the transfer list, once teams are interested and have made their bids, reject them all and then offer around for £0 up front and whatever price you think is fair-aim high-over 24 months. That's how I do it and I sold Fletcher for £15m too as well as a load of others for ridiculously high prices.

FIFA World Footballer of the Year 2008

03142008192219gc0.th.jpg

FIFA World Player of the Year Award 2008

03142008192305ox8.th.jpg

Just knocked Arsenal out of the FA Cup 3rd Round at the Emirates with 2 goals from Rooney!!!

Having a look at my u18's squad got 3 kids touted has the next John Barnes, Paul Ince and David Beckham.

Talk about bad losers . Just hammered Arsenal 4-1 in the FA Cup Final but in the process have lost Rooney, Ronaldo and Evra for the Champions League Final due to they thugs icon_mad.gif

Rooney only came back for that game after being out for a month as well

Season 3 going splendid so far. Won the community shield,won the league cup, I am on a winning streak of 22 games now, with 15 games on a row won in the league.

I'm facing Chelsea in the FA cup final and Poor opposition in the UEFA cup semi final (After beating Newcastle 7-0 on aggregate to get there)

I'm on track to win all competitions I've entered ^_^ The board are still disasitisfied with the fact that I failed to qualify for ECC last year ó_o

i have just started my second season, bought in daniel alves to replace neville, and giovinco as backup to nani (for now) tried aguero but went to real, couldnt afford what they paid. im very happy with my squad, got the young'uns, saivet etc pushing up, but i think i need a midfield partner for anderson

i have carrick and hargreaves, but dont think either is up to the task, and after looking at their PA, doesnt look like things are going to get better. who should i get?

should be able to do a defensive job, not as attacking as anderson.

is it possible to get fabregas?

Originally posted by lee_kendrick:

i have just started my second season, bought in daniel alves to replace neville, and giovinco as backup to nani (for now) tried aguero but went to real, couldnt afford what they paid. im very happy with my squad, got the young'uns, saivet etc pushing up, but i think i need a midfield partner for anderson

i have carrick and hargreaves, but dont think either is up to the task, and after looking at their PA, doesnt look like things are going to get better. who should i get?

should be able to do a defensive job, not as attacking as anderson.

is it possible to get fabregas?

Fabregas will cost you loads and you will be wasting his talent playing him has a defensive minded midfielder.

Get Veloso best DMC in the game. No more than £10m and sell Carrick, (I got £30m for him).

For Fabregas i managed to sign him at the end of the fourth season for 60m. Tried a lot before then and the price was closer to 90m so probably a no go in the second season.

Id suggest maybe M.Johnson from Man City if you want to stay English, otherwise M.Veloso, Toulalan, Bodmer or J.Martinez

I'm Man Utd at the beginning of Season 3. Neville is too old obviously and I've sold Brown and Simpson for £10mil a piece. Got arund £50mil to spend but want to spend at most about £30mil. Dani Alves has only just moved to Roma so he's a no go. And Barragan I'm getting at end of season off Barcelona due to his Minimum Transfer Clause.

Any options I should look at?

Originally posted by Mooono:

I'm Man Utd at the beginning of Season 3. Neville is too old obviously and I've sold Brown and Simpson for £10mil a piece. Got arund £50mil to spend but want to spend at most about £30mil. Dani Alves has only just moved to Roma so he's a no go. And Barragan I'm getting at end of season off Barcelona due to his Minimum Transfer Clause.

Any options I should look at?

Silvestri great young Italian or Sergio Ramos, otherwise Rafinha is a younger version of Alves.

Just decided to start a new game with Man Utd. but would like to get a few opinions 1st on a couple of things.

1) Should i play Hargreaves or Carrick in the middle with Anderson??

2) I've realised i prob need a new RB but have limited funds to start with so any ideas who to get???

3) Is Vidic any good???

Any advice would be great thanks

oh soz where might i find this off topic thread. which forum?

Originally posted by joeyt:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenalandaa4life:

man utd are crap. did u see how they played against derby today. flukemasters

Comments like this belong in the OTF forum icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by arsenalandaa4life:

oh soz where might i find this off topic thread. which forum?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeyt:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenalandaa4life:

man utd are crap. did u see how they played against derby today. flukemasters

Comments like this belong in the OTF forum icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OTF forum- not thread

You'll find a Man U, Arsenal and many other interestin threads

Archived