FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to sell Silvestre to Spurs for £4m, but he wants me to pay him £5.25k a week compo, first time I've seen this on FM08.

Sold Evra to Roma for £18m, so looking to completely revamp my LB side. Brought in Leo Schwechlen for £2.7m as a future LB and signed Leighton Baines for £8m to be my new main LB.

End of Transfer Window Update (Aug 07)

Transfers In.

Thiago - FREE

Zeefuik -£750k

John Fleck - FREE

Henri Saivet - FREE

Boshtock - FREE

Sakho - FREE

Georginio Wijnaldum - FREE

Banega - £3.5M

Rhys Murphy - FREE

Michael Johnson - £7.75M

Transfers Out

Dong - £2.5M

Heaton - £85K

Silvestre - £4.5M

Gray - £80K

Sean Evans - £90K

Fletcher - £5.5M

Barnes - £100K

Carrick - £9M

CL Group

Man Utd

Roma

CSKA Moscow

Marseille

icon_eek.gif What a tough group!

So far in the league ive played 4, won 2, draw 1 and lost 1 which i think is quite good considering i had Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in the these games

Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

Trying to sell Silvestre to Spurs for £4m, but he wants me to pay him £5.25k a week compo, first time I've seen this on FM08.

Sold Evra to Roma for £18m, so looking to completely revamp my LB side. Brought in Leo Schwechlen for £2.7m as a future LB and signed Leighton Baines for £8m to be my new main LB.

You sold Evra??? icon_eek.gif He's the best defender in the team! He's brilliant at attacking and defending. None of the others are like him in that respect.

wizkid-You could have got much more for your players and who's Fleck?

Hmm i cant adjust my transfer/wage budget. Has anyone had this "bug" before ?. I have to much money in my wage budget, and i would like to move them to my transfer budget. But when i press the adjust button im only allowed to move "0" :/ wtf ?

Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kugle:

What do you guys change during a season/match in your tactics. The AI somehow counter my tactics atm, i cant score and my possession is dropping. Before i had 60% in most games, now i have like 40-45%. Which is embarrsing

It's probably more to do with the AI playing more defensive against you. More width, CF and getting the full backs more involved should help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When i put on more width, should i use a more direct passing style or keep it mixed/short.

And how do i invlove my fbs more ? they have forward runs on often etc. what more can i do :p?. My possesion is still kinda poor.

Originally posted by crazy gra:

Oh yes icon_cool.gif

Think I'll do well to get a better result in FM than this for some time:

12172007230314yy9.th.jpg

Matty \o/

Nice result away from home mate. I told you Matty iffffb whilst you were in the process of buying him icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Kugle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kugle:

What do you guys change during a season/match in your tactics. The AI somehow counter my tactics atm, i cant score and my possession is dropping. Before i had 60% in most games, now i have like 40-45%. Which is embarrsing

It's probably more to do with the AI playing more defensive against you. More width, CF and getting the full backs more involved should help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When i put on more width, should i use a more direct passing style or keep it mixed/short.

And how do i invlove my fbs more ? they have forward runs on often etc. what more can i do :p?. My possesion is still kinda poor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Against more defensive AI, you probably want to have shorter passing. I don't have it too high anyway as I have quality players so I can trust them to make short passes, but it's better for keeping the ball. I use around 6 and use it globally. You probably don't want your tempo too high either. 6-8 is a good value for that.

For full backs, give them a bit more CF and one or two notches more mentality.

Cheers Sheps icon14.gif Howcome you haven't got him on 08 yet, then? (Or Gago?)

Right I'm going to start as Man Utd and try to build a young squad that will rule for years to come I'm planning

GK.Foster

DL.Sakho

DC.Evans

DC.Cathcart

DR. ???

ML.Fleck

MC.Banega

MR.Ronaldo

AMC.Anderson

FC.Brandy

FC.Rooney

SB1. ??? (GK) Bounzanis ?

SB2. Lee

SB3. Gibson

SB4. Tevez

SB5. ???

who else should I sign/premote ? And i don't want Lulinha, I'm a Lulinha hater

Originally posted by jonahno6:

Right I'm going to start as Man Utd and try to build a young squad that will rule for years to come I'm planning

GK.Foster

DL.Sakho

DC.Evans

DC.Cathcart

DR. ???

ML.Fleck

MC.Banega

MR.Ronaldo

AMC.Anderson

FC.Brandy

FC.Rooney

SB2. Lee

SB3. Gibson

SB4. Tevez

SB5. Nani

Forgot Nani icon_rolleyes.gif

GK.Foster

DL.Sakho

DC.Evans

DC.Cathcart

DR. ???

ML.Fleck

MC.Banega

MR.Ronaldo

AMC.Anderson

FC.Brandy

FC.Rooney

SB2. Lee

SB3. Gibson

SB4. Tevez

SB5. ???

you left Tevez on the bench icon_mad.gif

he's doing realy great for me .. scored 4 hattricks .. in general he scored 15 in 8 games; realy amazing..

and you can bring Richards as a DR he's realy great ..

Originally posted by Evon:

Try sell him but that offer is way too low.

Kugle-Report it in the Bugs Forum. Never seen it before.

After buying aguero, and by that reducing my transfer budget to 0. I could raise it again through budget adjustment around 20 million :p so np

GK.Foster

DL.Sakho

DC.Evans

DC.Cathcart

DR. ???

ML.Fleck

MC.Banega

MR.Ronaldo

AMC.Anderson

FC.Brandy

FC.Rooney

SB2. Lee

SB3. Gibson

SB4. Tevez

SB5. ???

Promote Campbell and Welbeck, scoring for fun early in season four for me anyway. Also for RB take a look at Danny Simpson and whatever you do, keep hold of Lee, he's the new O'shea.

I would say Danny Simpson is a definate keep. He is my first team right back in season 3, and was a big part in season 2 as well. I would say defence is where we are strongest from the offset and does not require any purchases due to the youngsters available. With Vidic, Evra, Evans, Pique, Simpson and possibly Cathcart you got a defence that is strong for quite awhile.

And seems Foster should be good enough for first team place as well, he the main keeper in season 3 for me as VDS dropping fast and didnt want to spend big money on a keeper at start so the young incomer still isnt quite as good as foster but soon will be.

Midfield, well I personally kept Nani and Ronaldo as the main wingers but you got alot of choices for young people in midfield. But you got the likes of Kroos, Anderson can be retrained for all of midfield, Pique strong in CM/DM. Gibson and Eagles are quite strong. Can get Fleck, Saviet, lulinha, Baxter as well. All strong. Diego Buonanotte looks solid in my game as well (will screenshot later tonight possibly).

Forgot keeper, Eros Corradini could be a decent cheap youngster for future as well. As for up front you got Rooney and Tevez, bring through campbell possibly plus alot of amc's can be retrained there. Also I enjoying fact I got Rossi back in the squad.

Right decided to do it now,for a two fold reason. The below screenshot is of Buonanotte, however im at the point where I cant decide where I want to blood him into due to his all round ability. It his physical stats that giving me a problem.

Diego Buonanotte

As you can see he is technically very strong, and good mentally, but physically he just is not that great. Now, I cant work out where to fit him in to my formation. Which is:

GK: Foster/VDS/Corrandini

DR: Simpson/Bardsley/Neville

DL: Evra/Fabio

DC: Ferdinand/Evans/Pique

DC: Vidic/Evans/Pique

MC (Barrow to DMC): Hargreaves/Benega/Carrick/Gibson

MR/ML (they switch constantly): Ronaldo/Nani/Dos Santos/Kroos/Saviet and many more

AMC (2 amc with farrow) Rossi/Rooney/Tevez + (santos/kroos/ronaldo)

FC: Rooney/Rossi/Tevez

The AMC's and FC got player swap so the 3 keep rotating who is up top, which is where my problem is with playing Buonanotte, i dont hink he be able to cope up top and dont want to change tactic for him, however he isnt looking strong enough to play the MC position either currently icon_frown.gif

What you folks think?

Hmm i cant adjust my transfer/wage budget. Has anyone had this "bug" before ?. I have to much money in my wage budget, and i would like to move them to my transfer budget. But when i press the adjust button im only allowed to move "0" :/ wtf ?

I've got that too. It's a bug and I think it's been fixed in one of the patches - but I haven't got any of the patches yet.

Originally posted by xx11:

Right decided to do it now,for a two fold reason. The below screenshot is of Buonanotte, however im at the point where I cant decide where I want to blood him into due to his all round ability. It his physical stats that giving me a problem.

Diego Buonanotte

As you can see he is technically very strong, and good mentally, but physically he just is not that great. Now, I cant work out where to fit him in to my formation. Which is:

MR/ML (they switch constantly): Ronaldo/Nani/Dos Santos/Kroos/Saviet and many more

The AMC's and FC got player swap so the 3 keep rotating who is up top, which is where my problem is with playing Buonanotte, i dont hink he be able to cope up top and dont want to change tactic for him, however he isnt looking strong enough to play the MC position either currently icon_frown.gif

What you folks think?

His physical stats have improved brilliantly from the start where they were 2's and even 1's. Play him at AMC in cup games. And get another left back. I doubt Fabio is that great.

Didnt need him after Anderson became beast. Also Gago would be too expensive imo and Hargreaves/Carrick are very good

And Banega is better anyway.

Originally posted by xx11:

Diego Buonanotte

What you folks think?

Don't use him. He's not good enough in my opinion.

Originally posted by NozEE:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx11:

Diego Buonanotte

What you folks think?

Don't use him. He's not good enough in my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Probably best at AMC. Just get the other AMC and the FC to swap. I like to have my AMC and FC swapping when two of Rooney, Tevez, Fernandez or Andy play there, but don't bother if Scholes is at AMC or Saha at FC for example. And I swap my wingers if possible, but only if both can play either side well.

And you should have saved yourself the bother and just bought Fernandez instead of Buonanotte. I think he might become this season's Jo!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

Try sell him but that offer is way too low.

Kugle-Report it in the Bugs Forum. Never seen it before.

After buying aguero, and by that reducing my transfer budget to 0. I could raise it again through budget adjustment around 20 million :p so np </div></BLOCKQUOTE>How much was Aguero?

There's no real need to buy Fernandez unless you don't trust Nani. Anderson is just as good and there are quite a few fffb youngsters in the reserves so the only vacancy may be on the left. People should really be looking to the reserves and at the youth talent because it's some of the best talent we've had in years.

My team

I'm unfortunatle like Benitez because I constantly rotate my first 11. I play a 4-5-1 formation, and like to catch teams out using fast flowing counter attacks.

The only regan in my first team squad is Barry Jenkins he came through my youth system and has the potential to be a leading premiership goalkeeper.

I recently demoted the likes of Giggs, Scholes and Neville to my reserves I would sell but they're good for tutoring my youngsters plus I want them to stay on as coaches.

As for finances I have £125m to spend.

Any advice?

Originally posted by sniell:

My team

I'm unfortunatle like Benitez because I constantly rotate my first 11. I play a 4-5-1 formation, and like to catch teams out using fast flowing counter attacks.

The only regan in my first team squad is Barry Jenkins he came through my youth system and has the potential to be a leading premiership goalkeeper.

I recently demoted the likes of Giggs, Scholes and Neville to my reserves I would sell but they're good for tutoring my youngsters plus I want them to stay on as coaches.

As for finances I have £125m to spend.

Any advice?

Get a better keeper than Kuscrap. He's done OK backing up VDS for me so far, but that was in easish cup games and I don't think he's good enough. Have you sold Foster?

And sell Park too. Lee Martin is better than him.

There's no real need to buy Fernandez unless you don't trust Nani. Anderson is just as good and there are quite a few fffb youngsters in the reserves so the only vacancy may be on the left. People should really be looking to the reserves and at the youth talent because it's some of the best talent we've had in years.
There is a need when you need another ST and he is great upfront. I've been using Nani quite a bit as well as Martin anyway.

Get a better keeper than Kuscrap. He's done OK backing up VDS for me so far, but that was in easish cup games and I don't think he's good enough. Have you sold Foster?

And sell Park too. Lee Martin is better than him.

Foster requested a transfer a couple of seasons ago and went to the Arses for 6 million. (It was either that or he'd leave under the bosman ruling.)

I've already sold Martin and Parkie's been setting up tons of goals.

I probably could do with a better keeper, might look into it in the january transfer window.

Here's something everyone could benefit from - 7 star coaches to buy:

Joao Aroso - Fitness

Thomas Wolter - Attacking

Mark Dempsey (promote from youth coach) - Ball Control

Robert Duverne - fitness

6 stars:

Eric Harrison (promote) - Set pieces

Paul McGuiness (promote) - Ball control

I also bought a regen (I think) coach who is a 7 star tactics coach. Have a look for these as they do the job without costing lots of compensation, but they're random I think.

Originally posted by sniell:

My team

Not with 7 aerial ability. And 11 communication. Maybe if he was perfect at everything else, but he's not. Get 2 new GK's, a RB, a LB, a CB-or promote Evans or Cathcart-, a winger or two and a striker. I can see why you've got so much money because the squad's barely improved.

You've got alot of dead weight too. Sell a defender or two, Fletcher, Woods-why buy him when there is better in the reserves?-, PJS-why even play him?-and Saha. Why rotate with players like Woods and PJS around?

Not with 7 aerial ability. And 11 communication. Maybe if he was perfect at everything else, but he's not. Get 2 new GK's, a RB, a LB, a CB-or promote Evans or Cathcart-, a winger or two and a striker.

Evans and Cathcart are both on loan at Antwerp, I'm hoping they'll play together regually and develop an understanding. For left back and right back I might give the brazilian twins a go, but they're on loan at Maccabi Haifa. As for the wingers I have Gailbraith and Devonshire, a regan, both on loan at Antwerp and they're both looking promising. I've still got hold of Brandy so I'll give him a game or two.

Thanks for the help.

Keep us posted on how he does. I'm gonna go for him, but got to keep him unsettled (did that straight away). Not sure how much he'll cost, but has a min. fee clause of £32m icon_smile.gif Was your 40m in £ or another currency?

And so what about 4 in 2? Saha got a hattrick away at Stuttgart and currently has 1 in my on going game at home to Reading in the LC icon_razz.gif

How often do you lot get confidence updates? I just got one randomly on the 2nd of December and the board say, "I should be performing slightly better. The biggest disappointment is the poor performance in the Premier Division".

I'm 1st in the league ffs. Wtf?

I do like the much improved confidence section with the spokespersons, though.

The confidence section isn't good enough. I scored twice against Tottenham as Bristol City but lost 5-2 after getting someone sent off while it was at 2-1 to them and only 20 minutes in yet my supporters were disgusted? **** them. I also beat West Ham 3-2 yet they were disappointed that we didn't convert more chances. Wtf?

At least with Man Utd they have it spot on. Micheal Owen is an inspired signing. Well he is top scorer in practically everything and on the FIFA World Player of the Year shortlist. I still haven't got into 2008 yet though icon_frown.gif

Archived