FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Coming towards the end of January in the first season. Doing ok, 2nd in the Prem, through to the League Cup Final and through to the Champions League knockout stage.

Transfer wise though not having as much success as you. Signed Veloso and a handful of prospects but haven't managed to sell anyone. I get awful offers for my players that never exceed their listed values. My financial status is poor given that the club is paying off two loans.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JamboSteven:

Here's the situation -

Around 3 members of my squad dislike Tevez.

To be fair he has been nothing special but performed alright.

I have too many strikers (including Pandev, Rooney and Saivet)

Shall i sell Tevez, what are your views?

Sell and get Aguero.

Ive just started my second season and im currently top of the league with 4 wins out of 4.

In my first season i done the treble which included the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League.. and just won the Super Cup.

My team is:

Ochoa/VDS

Brown/Neville

Evra/Guilherme

Ferdinand/Cathcart

Garay/Pique

Banega/Hargreaves

Ronaldo/Nani

Aguero/Van Der Vaart

Giggs/Anderson/Torje

Rooney/Tevez

Huntelaar/Zeefuik/Saivet

Going to strengthen the right back area come January even thought Brown is playing brillant for me, also could do with another versatile midfielder!!

Originally posted by JamboSteven:

Here's the situation -

Around 3 members of my squad dislike Tevez.

To be fair he has been nothing special but performed alright.

I have too many strikers (including Pandev, Rooney and Saivet)

Shall i sell Tevez, what are your views?

Sell him and bring through a youth player. Campbell, Brandy, Welbeck. Take your pick.

Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glory utd:

I felt I just had to show all of you this... icon_biggrin.gif

Not good enough icon_razz.gif 27 shots and only 4 goals? I'm disappointed...though you did have Ronaldo up front...too many injuries? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, was just an experiment game trying to create a good tac so i didnt buy anyone and had tevez and saha out so had to play ronaldo there. The next week Ronaldo broke his leg which left me with nani upfront icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by deadmanwalking11:

Any one had any success with keeping queiroz

I kept CQ and actualy paid him £500 less, i.e £24500. (part of my money saving measures). I paid a small sign on fee as well-I try to keep it below £100k for everyone. CQ is tied up till 2012.

Try sackin the firness coach, Strudwick. His stats r crap! ATM the board won't let me as we will have to fork out too much for compensation.

Regarding players on free transfer:

Mascherano becomes a free agent at the end of season 1.(atleast on my game) I sent Banega on load and kept Mascherano.

Somebody asked about Kusczak, I sold him for around £10m to Villa. Everytime they put in a bid, I rejected it saying that it wasn't value for money. Then I would put up his price by a million and offer him to clubs.

Also, the majority of the £10m is to b paid over 24mths.

Just made the signing of the season for my squad. Fan of Rossi and think he should never have been sold, but anyways I managed to unsettle him and been working on his signing since the January Transfer window. Just approaching the end of the season and he was more then a little annoyed with with Villarreal, and is now finally going to be joining me for next season icon_cool.gif

Now I have to decide which of my fowards I am going to offload as I got more then enough. Most been performing very well at some point in the season so it will be a tough decision. Guess when the summer comes in I will make that decision.

Originally posted by xx11:

Just made the signing of the season for my squad. Fan of Rossi and think he should never have been sold, but anyways I managed to unsettle him and been working on his signing since the January Transfer window. Just approaching the end of the season and he was more then a little annoyed with with Villarreal, and is now finally going to be joining me for next season icon_cool.gif

Now I have to decide which of my fowards I am going to offload as I got more then enough. Most been performing very well at some point in the season so it will be a tough decision. Guess when the summer comes in I will make that decision.

Gah, cant edit post... the transfer fee for him is just 13million. Originally they were looking at about 25million but with him being unhappy and being placed into the B team just recently, though he not played a game for the B squad, I guess they were just happy to get just over his value.

Originally posted by TopChancer:

Coming towards the end of January in the first season. Doing ok, 2nd in the Prem, through to the League Cup Final and through to the Champions League knockout stage.

Transfer wise though not having as much success as you. Signed Veloso and a handful of prospects but haven't managed to sell anyone. I get awful offers for my players that never exceed their listed values. My financial status is poor given that the club is paying off two loans.

Clear up yr reserves if u havt done it yet. Those who you are unable to offload, simply offer them for £0 with sell on of 50% or something.

Send us a list of yr squad and we can try to help. If you want to get rid of a player to raise cash simply sell him to the highest bidder, regardless of his stated value.

That how I did it in first season. 2nd season I got a £60m transfer kitty.

Originally posted by nch:

Ok sorry but this post is similar to before, just that I made it better! icon_smile.gif

In the first season,

Transfers

my.php?image=manutransseason1vr8.jpg

I got Daniel Alves when he requested transfer and after I failed to get Micah Richards sign a cheap contract ... Rodriguez arrived on free.

I mainly sold Vidic and got Barzagli so I can get a new captain to replace Neville who gets worse and worse towards the end of the season.

In January I sold Tevez and got in Amauri so as to reduce wages as I play a one-striker formation. I reduced Brown's wages by a lot icon_razz.gif

I won everything except the Community Shield, whereby Rooney and Ronaldo made a large impact.

In the second season,

Transfers

my.php?image=manutransseason2cm6.jpg

I got a new contract of 60k per week for two years, and stadium will be expanded by 16000 seats.

icon_cool.gif

Which skin u using? icon_smile.gif

Cheers

Originally posted by xx11:

Keep us informed about Rossi. wondering whether to go for him or Aguero.

Tevez is so inconsistent. Put him on special training to improve his fitness. Have to wait and see if he gets better. or he will b out of the door.

Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx11:

Keep us informed about Rossi. wondering whether to go for him or Aguero.

Tevez is so inconsistent. Put him on special training to improve his fitness. Have to wait and see if he gets better. or he will b out of the door. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tevez was a problem, ended up the worst striker but I know he can be so much better. Have to work out how to get most from him again.

He scored 16 goals, 11 assists in 37(4)matches. Not really what I call a good performance for the season.

That said, top scorer was Rooney on 20, followed by Zarate on 19 and Saha on 18. So pretty even spread though saha/zarate had about a dozen matches less.

That said, trying to get Saha out the door now, got a 10million offer from Spurs so lets see if he accepts a contrat.

Originally posted by karllucas1991:

Teves is awful yet somehow, his my highest scorer, however im going to sell him and saha in jan. use rooney and a youngster

I got Pandev and Rooney. Killer partnership!

Will go for Roosi or Aguerro to line up alongside Saivet.

Originally posted by karllucas1991:

Yeah but im one of those..."pro-youth" + "pro-england" players who trys too bring players up and through icon_razz.gif so i might bring fraizer campbell up and see if he can hang with the big boys.

Am definitely a "pro-youth", mixed with some more established players icon_smile.gif

Trust me, I had Frazer Campbell for a whole season playing as the lone striker and 2 AMC behind him. He managed to score on occasions but this meant that my team was not properly balanced.

When combined with an FC alongside him, it just didn't work. And he missed so many chances!

But managed to get around £5m for him from Boro at the end of season 1.

I am now introducing Antonio Bryan. He was good in FM07. We'l c in this one how it goes.

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

am i the only Tevez lover here icon_frown.gif

has 9 goals in 16 games for me so far but also has an added 8 assists which is handy

coming up to january and need to sell a DC.. either Vidic or RIo.. which one to go?

Am surprised!

In my game he is injured half of the time. Kindda well p**sed abt it!

He will b out of the door come january!

And unfortunately, as in real life, seems like Aguerro will b taking his place. (well in real life in the national squad it seems)

Is it season 1? Have u bought other defenders?

I sold Vidic in season 1 and my defense struggled. Come season 2 Evans is doing great.

Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

am i the only Tevez lover here icon_frown.gif

has 9 goals in 16 games for me so far but also has an added 8 assists which is handy

coming up to january and need to sell a DC.. either Vidic or RIo.. which one to go?

Am surprised!

In my game he is injured half of the time. Kindda well p**sed abt it!

He will b out of the door come january!

And unfortunately, as in real life, seems like Aguerro will b taking his place. (well in real life in the national squad it seems)

Is it season 1? Have u bought other defenders?

I sold Vidic in season 1 and my defense struggled. Come season 2 Evans is doing great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah coming up to january in teh first season and have to get rid of one of them as Samba i plan to keep until his price rises/he gets a first team chance, Barzagli is my future captain and is just god, Evans will be cover, Brown i am quite fond of

so Vidic or Rio has to go icon_frown.gif

Loan destroyed me in my first season. Was in the red - £12mill to be exact- for the first time ever in my FM history. I only spent 3 mill as well in the first season. ****ing Glazers icon_mad.gif

Anyways, to cut a long story short, won the league and got to the semis of the CL and now im absolutely loaded icon_cool.gif

Sweet icon_cool.gif

12102007182454xt0.th.jpg

same 3 in the same order for the european footballer of the year aswel icon_biggrin.gif

with Rooney, Ronaldo & Barzagli all getting european striker, midfielder & defender respectively

also did they used to have nationality player of the year awards on FM07? as Gibson has somehow won irish young player of the year despite playing once

Just getting into season 4 on 8.0.1, and want to add another striker to my squad. Currently i have Rooney, Aguero and Sharp. Im thinking about either Benzema or Fred. Benzema because i keep reading peoples opinions of him, but Fred is unsettled at Inter, and would be available cheaper.

At the end of season 2, Arsenal matched Tevez's release clause, and for them he seems to have been great, for me he was quite average though, unlike my beta patch game where he was very good for me.

Sweet icon_cool.gif

12102007182454xt0.th.jpg

same 3 in the same order for the european footballer of the year aswel icon_biggrin.gif

with Rooney, Ronaldo & Barzagli all getting european striker, midfielder & defender respectively

also did they used to have nationality player of the year awards on FM07? as Gibson has somehow won irish young player of the year despite playing once

Where can i get that background of old trafford?Cheers!

Originally posted by Dazbo101:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Sweet icon_cool.gif

12102007182454xt0.th.jpg

Where can i get that background of old trafford?Cheers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that a picture of OT?

its just the background picture of the black-in 2 skin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonno Fields:

Barnetboyz what formation and tactics do you use with your team??

a 4-4-2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You use Ronaldo on the right wing. His goal tally and assist are very very good.

Could you discuss this formation in more detail? icon_smile.gif

Has anyone been keeping a sort of guide to starting with Utd like Trundle and myself did for FM07?

It basically had info on the better players and coaches to sign and for how much at the start of the game so that we could direct new players to it without having to reel off loads of info ourselves everytime someone asked.

Originally posted by Trigger_18uk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonno Fields:

Barnetboyz what formation and tactics do you use with your team??

a 4-4-2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You use Ronaldo on the right wing. His goal tally and assist are very very good.

Could you discuss this formation in more detail? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well he takes my corners, free kicks, pens so that kinda explains the goals & assists... he swaps positions with who ever is playing on the left all through the match while one of the MCs goes forward and the other MC drops back just infront of the back 4

Originally posted by crazy gra:

Has anyone been keeping a sort of guide to starting with Utd like Trundle and myself did for FM07?

It basically had info on the better players and coaches to sign and for how much at the start of the game so that we could direct new players to it without having to reel off loads of info ourselves everytime someone asked.

Don't think so, no.

Just finished my second season and the board decided not to renew my contract, quite ****ed realy as in season one i won the league, league cup and fa cup, season 2 i won the champions league...

From the beginning i was buying for the future and throughout both season the board were satisfied??? with my positions, building for the future, no controversial signings etc

Get to the end of season 2 and im unemployed as the board said i HADNT built the team for the future and i could have performed better... ****!

Ok! I'm just about to start my pre-season programme and a tour to South Africa! Just completed my first season and collected the Premier League and Champions League (beating Chelsea in the Final!).

I've got major thinking to do now! I have signed Gianluigi Buffon, Kaka, Sergio Aguero and Gareth Bale. those are my major signings. Bojan, Banega, Dos Santos, Lulinha, Alex, David, Zeefuik, Wijnaldum and Preston Edwards are other signings that I've made. The first 4 of the above mentioned will be involved in my first team. Alex and David will have to be loaned out due to the work permit problem.

My outgoing players have been, so far; van der Sar, Neville, Silvestre, Park, Scholes, Giggs, Fletcher and Pandev. I have sacked Quieroz and brought in (forgive me for forgetting his surname - Pako A??).

My squad is currently;

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Foster, Kuszczak

Defenders: D. Alves, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Bale, Pique, Breno, Evans, Brown, OShea, Simpson, David

Midfielders: C.Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Kaka, Anderson, Nani, Banega, Carrick, Dos Santos, Gibson, Lulinha, Alex, Iago

Strikers: Rooney, Tevez, Bojan, Kanoute, Aguero, Zeefuik, Wijnaldum, Mezenga

As you can see, my squad is far too big! Alex and David are to be loaned out like I've said above due to their work permit not being valid. Assessing my defence, with Breno, Evans and Pique looking to established themselves, surely it would make sense for me to offload a couple of the "experienced defenders ie Brown and O'Shea. I've always got Simpson t cover he right back slot.

I have 12 midfielders! Again, far too many. Banega will provide cover for Hargreaves, Dos Santos for Anderson, Nani for Ronaldo and Carrick for Kaka. Iago, who impressed whenever he played last season has been rewarded with a place in the first team this season, and will get game throughout it. Gibson, who suffered a broken leg last season is likely to spend the second half of the season out on loan.

With the system I plan to use this coming campaign being 4-1-2-2-1 (D.Alves, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra at the back with Hargreaves sat in front of them. Ronaldo will be out wide on the right woth Kaka tucked in next to him. Anderson will play in the attcking left midfield role with Aguero attacking centre behind Rooney), I will not be playing 2 up top (unless I have to). This means that a striker has to go. With Rooney as my number 1, Tevez able to play in Aguero's and Rooney's role, and with Bojan a fantastic prospect (he's taking the Number 9 shirt!), the only one left in Kanoute. Although he scored the two late, late goals that secured me the title (against...SPURS!), he'll find himself out of favour and with wages reaching £80k+ a week, I simply cannot afford top keep him. So he'll be out. With Wijnaldum, Mezenga and Zeefuik able to provide good cover if and when needed, i think my striker force is in very good shape.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dazbo101:

Sweet icon_cool.gif

12102007182454xt0.th.jpg

Where can i get that background of old trafford?Cheers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that a picture of OT?

its just the background picture of the black-in 2 skin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, looking at it closely its not OT, just seen it on the mini image and pressumed it was, looks smart though.

Just started my Man U game on the new patch. Just got to January transfer window, havent lost a game yet, only drawn three. Barcelona come in with a bid for Vidic, board accept it. He was doing brilliantly for me! First three games after Vidic goes, I draw all three, conceding 4 goals! The problem is, I can't seem to get an offer accepted for Barzagli or Richards, no matter how I structure it, is there any other DCs that are worth buying for cheaper? Or should I grin and bear it til the end of the season? Pique seems to be doing better as a DMC

Originally posted by glyndav:

Just started my Man U game on the new patch. Just got to January transfer window, havent lost a game yet, only drawn three. Barcelona come in with a bid for Vidic, board accept it. He was doing brilliantly for me! First three games after Vidic goes, I draw all three, conceding 4 goals! The problem is, I can't seem to get an offer accepted for Barzagli or Richards, no matter how I structure it, is there any other DCs that are worth buying for cheaper? Or should I grin and bear it til the end of the season? Pique seems to be doing better as a DMC

Try Veloso, he's pretty good, so's Breno he's ace.

btw how much did the vid go for?

Archived