FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

This is going to sound really dumb but can people who finish their 1st season top of the Premiership post their tactics please and instruction if they use patch 8.02 because I find it quite impossible to win the league everytime. Would like to see what tactics people use.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Navie:

This is going to sound really dumb but can people who finish their 1st season top of the Premiership post their tactics please and instruction if they use patch 8.02 because I find it quite impossible to win the league everytime. Would like to see what tactics people use.

I use Kimz tactic on 8.0.2:

Kimz Tactic

I have won the premiership twice in a row, 2 Champions League's and a few FA Cups and League Cups.

Hope this help you mate icon_smile.gif.

Originally posted by Harryseaess:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

I use Kimz tactic on 8.0.2:

Kimz Tactic

I have won the premiership twice in a row, 2 Champions League's and a few FA Cups and League Cups.

Hope this help you mate icon_smile.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do go anywhere, I need to talk to you icon_biggrin.gif

Right...I want to badly use that tactic BUT...Ronaldo, Flether, Nani do fit in anywhere in that Tactic.

That not a problem. Just play the player out of Ronaldo and Nani/Guardado in the AML position and then the other in the AMR position.

You could play Fletcher either in one of the MC positions or even the AMC position but if you are in the first season the I reccomend playing Scholes in the AMC position.

You maybe could do with a strong MC/DM for the other MC position?

Hope i'm helping and I will stick around for a bit if you need to talk icon_smile.gif.

That not a problem. Just play the player out of Ronaldo and Nani/Guardado with the best finishing in the AML position and then the other in the AMR position.

You could play Fletcher either in one of the MC positions or even the AMC position but if you are in the first season the I reccomend playing Scholes in the AMC position.

Hope i'm helping and I will stick around for a bit if you need to talk icon_smile.gif.

That not a problem. Just play the player out of Ronaldo and Nani/Guardado in the AML position and then the other in the AMR position.

Kimz tactic has no players in the AMR and AML position, there is a FC, 3 AM, 2 DM, 2 DC, a DL and a DR position

If I use Kimz tactics then I want to play Nani so after 1st season Inter and Arsenal bid for him like they always do and his stats go up pretty good. Also Nani and Ronaldo may play badly out of their normal positions.

I meant AML and AMR as the ones on the left and right of the three AMC's. So play Ronaldo on the left of the 3 AMC's and Nani on the right of the AMC's. I got ronaldo to score alot of goals by playing him on the left of the three, you should give it a go for a few games.

I meant AML and AMR as the ones on the left and right of the three AMC's. So play Ronaldo on the left of the 3 AMC's and Nani on the right of the AMC's. I got ronaldo to score alot of goals by playing him on the left of the three, you should give it a go for a few games.

Ok cool thats good, I will give that a go. Btw..since I have been playing patch 8.02 I have started again like over 20 times completely because its really difficult to win the league as Chelsea & Arsenal only drop like 10-15 points every season so I have to win like virtually every match, hopefully this is much more fun than irritating.

You should win most of your games with the right players. All I think you need to sign is maybe a new attacking DR, De Silvestri is awesome, have a look at him.

You can play Carrick and Hargreaves at MC positions and roatate Tevez and Rooney.

Hope I helped mate.

You should win most of your games with the right players. All I think you need to sign is maybe a new attacking DR, De Silvestri is awesome, have a look at him.

You can play Carrick and Hargreaves at MC positions and roatate Tevez and Rooney.

Hope I helped mate.

You have helped alot, thanks, I will use O'shea as backup, Brown will play DR because of his Pace and Acceleration until I get a better DR, i'll be buying Steven Defour and he will play AMC, seen how good his offensive stats are?...unreal, he only costs 3.1 million. Other 1st season signings will be Sakho, Saviet, Sankhare and Bojan on loan.

After 1st season i'll try get Veloso because he is an excellent DM. This Kimz tactic is good because it does not have any MC because I find it really impossible to find someone who is like Essien/Patrick Viera/Denilson...someone who is offensive and can tackle at same time.

Can anyone advise me on Wellbeck plz...Is he actually not far from being better than Rooney as my coach report says?

How about Baxter-my report says he would b a decent player.

And lastly, Aquino...is he quality enough for Manchester United?

Welbeck will become pretty awesome if you continue to train him right and give him some games. My advice - Let him rip the U18's League up in the 1st season. Then second season, move him into the reserves, which he wont 'rip' up as much, but he should still do quite good. Then play him in smaller games for the first team e.g. the Mickey Mouse cup (League Cup) and give him some game time at the end of a match when your ahead by a few goals. By the time of the 3rd season, he should be good to use as proper backup to Rooney/Tevez and should be hitting a fair few goals. By the time of the 4th season rolls around, he should be challenging Rooney/Tevez/whoever else you got, for their places in the first team. No need to buy a real quality striker imo, when you have Welbeck coming through the ranks. That's why I've restrained myself from buying Aguero etc.. on this save (Although, if he's available cheap this summer, I might just go in for him icon_biggrin.gif).

About Baxter, he looks good on my current game (Halfway through 2nd Season) and definitely looks like he could be a great backup, not too sure about him making the first team squad though, ahead of these two regens and Welbeck that I've got coming through. icon14.gificon_smile.gif

Originally posted by kornfan001:

whom should i sll to get money to buy sergio aguero? only got 2.2 million, i'm in first season

Don't stick with what you have got in the first season. Rooney Tevez Ronaldo Nani all brilliant attackers.

hey, im in my first season with united, wnt to find a tactic that incorporates rooney and tevez, and get ronaldo in on the action. tried one season bt ronaldo hafnt scored for like 20 games and rooney and tevez wernt prolific. can anyone help?

kornfan001 - Like Jambo said, you already have great attackers in the squad. There isnt much need to bring in another Rooney/Tevez type anyway.

call1987 - Try playing a flat 4-4-2, with Tevez dropping, and Rooney playing the out and out forward role, with a bit of CF. The give Ronaldo quite a bit of CF, and a farrow to FL/FR (whichever side you play him on) from midfield. All of them should score the majority of the goals for you, however, don't expect Ronaldo to be the top goal scorer from their like irl, it just isnt possible on a game.

Originally posted by Sheps.:

And about Aquino, I've never had him. So I cant really say, although he does look quite damn good.

Thx Sheps. Wellbeck was sent out on loan last season. And I can't remember what I didt the previous one-he was probably in U18s though. He is now part of my 1st team, challenging for a spot along with Saivet. Reason y I sold Vaughan.

Baxter was sent out on loan last season, but he has really low acceleration and pace. Will give him this season as backup behind Rooney/Saivet/Wellbeck. We shall see how it goes from there.

I have already sold Aquino. Could have sent him on loan but I already have a lot of left sided guys, most of which are on loan.

Originally posted by kornfan001:

cheeuys, when should i strt bringing in replacements for giggs,neville,scholes and van der sar

Start of the second season in my opinion. Ben Foster is quite good but I went for Ustari. If I were you every couple of months i would take a look out for transfer listed players. I got a fair few bargains. Fazio being the best one for 3 million icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone got any tips for an away tactic, ive bin playing a 4-2-3-1 i made myself and im in 2nd season, at home im lethal drawing only 2 and winning the rest in the first season, but im loosing too many points away from home, anyone got any advice?

For those that use KIMZ tactics

Does anyone know if I should just stick to using ONLY version 2.0 or do I use version 2.1 and 2.2 aswell? I'm playing using patch 8.02

This are the OI I use:

OI

- DML/ML/AML : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15- (<= 17), show on foot right foot

- DMR/MR/AMR : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15-, show on foot left foot

- DM/MC/AMC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15-

- FL/FR/SC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 17-

- injured player : tackling hard

Also is there a way to stop conceeding too many opposition goals/shots?

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Squad Help

06022008132158me8.th.jpg

Just about 80M to spend, and yes i know the squad is huge but a few might be sent out on loan (Spence, Jonsson, Evans to name a few)

Ramon is a outstanding 18 year old brazilian who i have high hopes for

Pretty deep squad there. If you're still using that same formation, I'd recommend somebody like a Van der Vaart, or maybe Moutinho. Other than that, maybe bring in a physical-type striker, just for that extra dimension.

Originally posted by brc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Squad Help

06022008132158me8.th.jpg

Just about 80M to spend, and yes i know the squad is huge but a few might be sent out on loan (Spence, Jonsson, Evans to name a few)

Ramon is a outstanding 18 year old brazilian who i have high hopes for

Pretty deep squad there. If you're still using that same formation, I'd recommend somebody like a Van der Vaart, or maybe Moutinho. Other than that, maybe bring in a physical-type striker, just for that extra dimension. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am using the same formation, i have Anderson to come in as the MC to AMC position to replace the good Lansbury and have Moses as my target man striker (jumping 20 \o/)

am looking to buy a world class player though, tried Fabregas but 60M was rejected icon_frown.gif

might wait until Ramos is interested and activate his 34M release clause to complete my defence

Right here is my 2nd season update. I have finished this season and now well into my 3rd. I am also the Czech Republic manager now after a very good second season.

Transfers

transfersip8.jpg

transfersip8.cb71a3d3cb.jpg

Transfers Cont.

transfers2nx8.jpg

transfers2nx8.4c919a2551.jpg

League Table

newoy3.jpg

newoy3.69807754c6.jpg

Fa Cup

facupls5.jpg

facupls5.2529140805.jpg

European Cup

euromo8.jpg

euromo8.608efcf425.jpg

I also won the League Cup beating Arsenal 1-0 in the final.

More to follow...

Season 3

Transfers

transferslz9.jpg

transferslz9.6b795f1bf0.jpg

Transfers Cont

transfers2gy0.jpg

transfers2gy0.10ca10528e.jpg

Squad

squaddq9.jpg

squaddq9.faa42a38eb.jpg

So I have 16 million left for the January Transfer Window do you guys think I need to improve anywhere?

Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers

Start Of Season 2

After a pretty good 1st season in charge i have decided to make some rather big changes to the squad with loads of sales and 39 players signed in the transfer window. Won the CS 2-1 against a strong Arsenal side with Rooney getting a brace, and am 3 wins in 3 games in the league so far, also won the Euro super cup 1-0 against a cech inspired chelsea team. Been given a CL group of Man Utd, Porto, Monaco & Grasshopper (should be to much trouble)

Transfers In & Out (Main)

In

Lubos Kalouda - £1.5M

Giles Barnes - £3M

Marco Amelia - £6.5M

Sébastien Puygrenier - £4M

Javier Saviola - £4.1M

Andrea Pirlo - £7.5M

Younes Kaboul - £6M

Zdravko Kuzmanovic - £15.25M Total (Was co-owned)

Zaccardo, Barnetta, Pander, Motta - Free

And some youth

Out

Gerard Pique - £19.5M

Jimmy Briand - £16.5M

Carlos Tevez - £24.5M

Michael Carrick - £17.25M

Tomasz Kuszczak - £5M

Owen Hargreaves - £15M

Wes Brown - £5M

Most others are loans out

The New 1st Team Squad

06032008061636uu3.th.jpg

Kaboul to be starting DM unless i play Pirlo there and then a midfield duo of Kuz & Anderson, Moses is contesting Rooney for his starting place while Sakho just improves \o/

happy with the squad

Finished first season at Man Utd a few days ago. Won the Community shield, Premiership and European Cup, beating Barca 5-2 in the final & got manager of the year. So far, haven't brought in any new players, although promoted a few from the reserves like Frazier Campbell & Ben Foster. The board sold Pique for just over £8m but apart from that, it's the same Man U squad.

New season's started now and won the community shield again against Chelsea. Will probably bring in a few new players to get ready to replace Giggsy, Scholes & Van Der Sar in the near future. Was going to sign Lloris but he signed a new contract so need to find an established keeper for this season, although Tomasz Kuszczak has been doing well so might keep him as first choice keeper.

I now have a transfer budget of almost sixty million for this season, some I'm looking for quality players and to keep Ronaldo (won player of the year), Nani (won young player of the year & getting offers of over £20m for him), Anderson, Tevez & Rooney as the main players at the club.

Bought Daniel Alves first season, very expensive but more than worth the money. The fans love him, and me for signing him.

i watch every match and he always makes the most interceptions and hasnt missed a game for me so far. But is cup tied in Euro.

He is a very fiery young brazilian and picks up many yellow card and has been banned once for this. as of yet no red straigh reds have been issued to him.

Richards would be very expensive due to the rivalry, but Alves can be cheap if you strategicly unsettle him. he provides any team with an attacking ability. I use him on the right with marcelo on the left. both pushing foreward. with Vidic and Ferdinand sitting deep. Yet to loose a match and am in January.

Hope this helps

Originally posted by jakecullen:

wasnt going well for me in my last carrer so decided to start a new game with united

i always sign henri saivet for free within 3 seasons hes wort 35 mil !

any tips for players to replase neville scholes giggs vds

First of all good luck.

Henri Saivet is a class player and there are alot of youth players waiting to be snapped up on the cheap. (Iago, Thiago, Wijnaldum, sankhere etc..)

I usually occupy the Rb spot with Daniel alves and usually sell either Brown or O'Shea, depends on who you prefer. so you then have a Rb "selection" of Alves/Neville?Brown or O'Shea.

Sell Silvestre (I got 5 million but you must be patient) then activated the 5.5 mill release clause for Marcelo, a 50k per week untill 2010 usually does the trick with app and goal bonuses and an inticing signing on fee. hes a class player and is first choice ahead of Evra in my team.

I usually replace Scholes with Steven Defour.. well what a kid.. can get on the cheap.. very cheap 2.5 mill+ unsubstantial clauses.. the young belgian is lots better than Anderson.. Anderson usually goes on Load to Fc bayern untill Scholes Job is done.. so i then have 2 young Amc's in Anderson and defour.

Van Der Sar can still do a good job in the first season. But i sign Ochoa on the cheap in the first season, i loaned him on a season loan to Ajax, this is good experience for him and he improves alot. in a recent comparison n January fiorst season he is better with one on ones.

I usually find the club has a natural sucessor of Giggs in Nani. but Quaresma can be bought as a backup to both Ronaldo and Nani on both wings, as they are very simular players your tatcics shouldnt need to be altered too much

Again i hope ive helped icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by --Galaxy--:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jakecullen:

wasnt going well for me in my last carrer so decided to start a new game with united

i always sign henri saivet for free within 3 seasons hes wort 35 mil !

any tips for players to replase neville scholes giggs vds

Thank for the quick reply :p

i hae enough mo ney for defour or ochoa what one should i buy ?

what aboout Hugo Lloris icon_confused.gif

First of all good luck.

Henri Saivet is a class player and there are alot of youth players waiting to be snapped up on the cheap. (Iago, Thiago, Wijnaldum, sankhere etc..)

I usually occupy the Rb spot with Daniel alves and usually sell either Brown or O'Shea, depends on who you prefer. so you then have a Rb "selection" of Alves/Neville?Brown or O'Shea.

Sell Silvestre (I got 5 million but you must be patient) then activated the 5.5 mill release clause for Marcelo, a 50k per week untill 2010 usually does the trick with app and goal bonuses and an inticing signing on fee. hes a class player and is first choice ahead of Evra in my team.

I usually replace Scholes with Steven Defour.. well what a kid.. can get on the cheap.. very cheap 2.5 mill+ unsubstantial clauses.. the young belgian is lots better than Anderson.. Anderson usually goes on Load to Fc bayern untill Scholes Job is done.. so i then have 2 young Amc's in Anderson and defour.

Van Der Sar can still do a good job in the first season. But i sign Ochoa on the cheap in the first season, i loaned him on a season loan to Ajax, this is good experience for him and he improves alot. in a recent comparison n January fiorst season he is better with one on ones.

I usually find the club has a natural sucessor of Giggs in Nani. but Quaresma can be bought as a backup to both Ronaldo and Nani on both wings, as they are very simular players your tatcics shouldnt need to be altered too much

Again i hope ive helped icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by jakecullen:

first of al thanks icon14.gif

erm had a 9.25 million offer for defour rejected and my scout said ochoa would not be a worthwhile signing?

If you are looking for a decent GK - Enyema (sp) is quality and you can pick him up for £500k if he is still at his original club. He is African though (can't remember which country) so make sure you have someone decent as back up for when he goes off to the African Cup.

Lloris, Costil and a few of the brazilians are also good. Carlos for one.

Your scot may have said that Ochoa is not worth signing as you have good keepers there already - VDS, Foster and Kuszhazk (sp) are all quality anyway.

Preston Edwards is one for the future.

Ustari is also quality.

Does anyone think Matias Fernandez (the chilean player at villerial) is worth playing ahead of Giggs in the first season?

Manchester United 2nd season

Okay so i'm now 10 games into the second season and looking good. Still using that 4-1-2-2-1 with short passing.

I especially tried to move out some players that really disappointed me and bring in players that would improve the squad or give the depth needed for some positions.

Transfers

Tried to not overdo with my budget but still ended up spending €66M for 14 players. But i've also been selling and cashed in on some 1st team players like Carlos Tevez, Nani, Piatti and Samba. Collected a grand total of €72M

transfersis3.png

Let go of a lot of fringe players who were in the reserves and brought in some new regens that i think can make it (scout report had to be at least EPL standard)

Youth Setup

I had also decided to have a clear out with the youth squad. Went to all the coach reports and if the potential was not EPL standard they could leave on a free. Luckily enough most of them were at least going to become decent EPL players with some standing out to become leading prem players. Moved the best to the reserves as they'll face stiffer opponents there.

The most pleasing prospects are:

John Fleck (ex-rangers)

Mergim Hereqi (ex-Stromsgodset)

Joshua King (original player)

Adrian Bennet (Man Utd youth product -> Regen)

Antonio (ex-Barcelona regen)

Julien Thomas (ex-Lyon regen)

Terry Reid (Man Utd youth product -> Regen)

Most notable players out on loan are Kieran Lee (Barnsley), Possebon (Hibernian), Kirill Kombarov (Antwerp), Winston van Dijk (Regen on loan at Antwerp), Iago (Hibernian), Aquino (Hibernian) and Federico Macheda (Barnsley). Most of them are performing really well at the moment.

Current Season

We have suffered a real setback by being beaten 3-1 by Liverpool. We were totally dominated, but everyone has their off day. But we also went on to beat a lacklustre Tottenham 2-0, a very weak Newcastle 3-0 and drew 3-3 against a VERY lucky Chelsea.

English Premier League

We are in the Champions League group A of the group stages together with Milan, Zenit St. Petersburg and AEK. We've beaten both Zenit & Milan 2-1 to collect all 6points.

We've beaten Fulham 3-2 in the League Cup 3rd round. Wich reminds me of the Community shield where we beat them 3-1 to clinch our first prize of the season!

Summary

I've still got a feeling of "almost-being-there-but-still-not-there". I've got a good squad alltogether, maybe a bit weaker than last year in some compartments. Altough our RB and MC's have been strengthened a lot, our strike force seems to have lost it a bit. Altough Pozzi has proved to be a great asset in some games, Rooney has lost fire and Adriano is still adapting to our game. Vennegoor is more or less a tutor/minor games player atm.

Heitinga on the other hand is playing both Brown and Simpson out of the team, despite being injury prone!

teamda6.png

What's next?

I feel a bit weakened on the wings and am looking around for possible targets with Ashley Young top of the list and Gabriel Obertan being a foreign solution.

Modric would've been bliss, but Milan got him atm. Alex Teixeira might also be an interesting option with Giles Barnes being an English option. Ex-Chelsea player Salomon Kalou could even make my call if he keeps his performances like this at Zaragoza.

Other than that i'm looking for a 20-25 year old-ish Goalkeeper that might even replace Lobont until Bennett will start coming through!

Other than that i'll keep looking for those young talented players i love so much, especially English or Belgian!

Hints, tips, suggestions and praising are very welcome!

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

sold tevez fairly cheap imo icon_frown.gif

and whats JVoH doing there? icon_biggrin.gif isn't he fairly shat?

for keepers Amelia is amazing, starts rising quite a bit of me aswell (can provide screenie if ya wanticon_smile.gif)

I've got some clauses on Tevez too mate icon_wink.gif

JVoH has done pretty well for me last season, tbh he's a good player. Good player to hold up balls and is a fav of mine on this game as he killed Chelsea twice last year icon_smile.gif! Sheer class!

I'll have a look at Amelia, screenie would be great too!

Archived