FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

I am having a problem and wondering if anybody could help me?

Currently, things are going very well for me at Man Utd, I have won 2 Premierships in 3 seasons and am currently chasing my 3rd with 17 wins from 17 games but the problem is that I am in massive debt and every month I lose money so I was wondering if anybody could tell me which players I should sell so that I can cut down the wages?

Here is my squad and how much they are paid and worth:

wagesua8.jpg

I will appreciate any help, thanks.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Harryseaess:

I am having a problem and wondering if anybody could help me?

Currently, things are going very well for me at Man Utd, I have won 2 Premierships in 3 seasons and am currently chasing my 3rd with 17 wins from 17 games but the problem is that I am in massive debt and every month I lose money so I was wondering if anybody could tell me which players I should sell so that I can cut down the wages?

Here is my squad and how much they are paid and worth:

I will appreciate any help, thanks.

sell tevez for about 30-40mil

Hey Guys I'm Tom. Just loaded up a United game.

done some good transfers with the funds available i think.

On my old comp so havent got the tool i use for screenshots and cant be bothered with all that paint malarky! so....

Transfers In:

Georginio Wijnaldum - 275k

Alessandro Tuia - Free + 10%

Mamadou Sakho - Free + 10%

Henri Saivet - Free + 10%

Christopher Samba - 1.4m

Miguel Veloso - 8m

Alberto Zapater - 7m

Transfers Out:

James Chester - 575k (Plus Clauses)

Dong Fangzhuo - 675k (Plus Clauses)

Tom Cleverley - 80k (Plus Clauses)

Michael Lea - 250k (Plus Clauses)

Louis Saha - 3.5m

Mikael Silvestre - 2.1m

Darren Fletcher - 5.75m

John O'Shea - 5.25m

just need rid of Wes Brown then i feel I have sold all the players United should IRL. well Giggs, Scholes, Park ji-Sung and Neville

feel i need another Striker and a Right Back and a new GK. obviously i have a shortlist but i need the funds to do it

GK - Lloris

DR - Richards/De Silvestri

FC - Aguero/Benzema

anyone got any cheap options or any good loans for 1st season to cover those positions im trying Bojan on loan.

is Danny Simpson good enough for 1st team straight away?

thats annoying!!

just lost the community shield 2-0 up goals from Rooney and then Bojan on his debut!

last 5mins chelea got it back to 2-2 then i lost 5-4 on pens pique hitting the post! boo! i have just asked for more transfer funds and been given 15m

i got Joao Carlos for back up GK and Marcelo and Kalouda coming in too. not sure where to spend the rest of the money should have another 6/7m any ideas?

I think I need some advice here, I started all again with my Man Utd team a week ago and already my team are failing miserably, I was 4 point clear, now i'm 6 points behind, I lose to teams that I should win by a great margin. The problem is they have one shot at goal and score and I have over 20 shots and my strikers can't even score, my midfielders shoot long distance even though I tell them not to.

Originally posted by dexta200:

Prefered move mate. its annoying when they do. they just shoot all you can do is set long shots to little or something

I'm p***** off because I have to start all over again after all the hard work, do you strikers do that alot? My team haven't been scoring properly for the last 5-6 games

Originally posted by dexta200:

well technically i dont have any strikers lol

but in leaguem 5 wins out of 5 and scored 13 goals conceded 3

playing www2's tactic trying it out working well so far!

I don't like to use other people tactics to be honest because alot of them are too complicated.

i got to agree there if your team hasnt gelled yet you wont win! justno chance its annoying. usually about your 5th 6th 7th games you will find out whether they have they will all get 8s and play amazing from what i see. if not gelld they may win but only 1-0 etc.

and obviously tactic means alot! need a great one that suits your team

also from my above post...

is Danny Simpson ready to play all of 1st season?

ah well im trying to create my own dominate tactic and im using other peoples to get ideas. neeed it to work with Oxford lol so it needs to be good. alot of peoples tactics are only tested with one team which annoys me but they always look cool and worth a go!

but everyone to their own!

Ummmm, well. From coach reports you would say no.

But from what I've learnt playing FM recently is that you can usually trust youth players and they'll usually improve beyond what your coaches say they will when they have fairly regularly first team football

ah okay looks good then. what about with a league title and maybe a cup under your belt? 50m?

have you ever paid off your debt? does it really take 30 years? and does it affect your finances at all?

would yu sell Carrick at end of season? or hargreaves?

Never played that long really, although I have gone into administration on one game I played at the end of season 2 when I won the treble. If your lucky you may get 50million, I've heard it has happen.

Carrick or Hardgreaves... depends on your formation really. If you have a DM, obviously keep Hardgreaves but if you don't play with one Carrick is a superior option.

Originally posted by Navie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dexta200:

Prefered move mate. its annoying when they do. they just shoot all you can do is set long shots to little or something

I'm p***** off because I have to start all over again after all the hard work, do you strikers do that alot? My team haven't been scoring properly for the last 5-6 games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rooney has been doing that alot lately, got ****d so i tried 30 year old owen in first team and he scores for fun.

hmmm given me something to think about then. i play witha DM but i have veloso and i play with 3 CM but one with a farrow up to penalty box so usually anderson and zapater/carrick either side and tevez or rooney in middle. ill see at end of season who is playing better. might be hargreaves who gets sold though

Originally posted by Zordan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

it just to easy..

29885815lo2.jpg

By snes73 at 2008-04-19

Would you mind to upload your tactics, thanks in advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

formation mate

formationre0.jpg

By snes73 at 2008-04-12

Okay, start of season two and I'm annoyed greatly. Offered Rossi £120,000-a-week wages but he went with Juventus's £76,000-a-week wages. Offered Aguero £120,000-a-week wages but he chose Inter's £100,000-a-week wages. Both said they liked to come play for Man Utd so this just got me majorly annoyed.

I bought Soldado for £10.25m and Briand for £10.5m as I wanted them as back-ups if I didn't get Aguero or Briand.

My question is; Is there another World Class striker apart from Aguero or Rossi?

K.Benzema, will be 60m+ though and thats if he's interested.

Bojan will be almost impossible to sign.

A.Pato from Milan is a possiblity, again if he's intrested.

Adebayor, but he would cost you 100m i expect as he's at Arsenal.

D.Berbatov could be quality for a few years.

Originally posted by Scott08:

K.Benzema, will be 60m+ though and thats if he's interested.

Bojan will be almost impossible to sign.

A.Pato from Milan is a possiblity, again if he's intrested.

Adebayor, but he would cost you 100m i expect as he's at Arsenal.

D.Berbatov could be quality for a few years.

Well, thankfully Enyeama decided to stay when £20mil was accepted by board.

Benzema - Double Berbatov's expected price but I'll look at him next season.

Bojan - Waiting for next season to sign him.

Berbatov - Bit costly at about £30mil.

Adebayor - Never. I will never sign him. I dont like him IRL and dont like him in game.

Pato - Trying to get on Loan for 12 months. Get him interested.

How would you all rate Brind and Soldado on 8.0.2? Soldado looks a really good back-up but Briand I think I made a mistake on.

Originally posted by Navie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dexta200:

I'm p***** off because I have to start all over again after all the hard work, do you strikers do that alot? My team haven't been scoring properly for the last 5-6 games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Navie try team talks....

pre match if they havn't scored in there last match say you expect a performance

pre match if they have scored in the last match say you have faith

half time if they haven't scored say you have faith

half time and they have scored say you have faith

full time rating 8+ say fantastic

if a striker hasn't scored in his last 2 games drop him

if a striker got two 6 match ratings tell the press your upset at xxxxx form

hope this helps

Originally posted by Mooono:

How would you all rate Brind and Soldado on 8.0.2? Soldado looks a really good back-up but Briand I think I made a mistake on.

Briand is half-decent for 2 seasons then in his third or fourth season with the proper training he becomes as good as in 8.0.1

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Cheers Scott, shouldn't need to bring in anyone major then, youngsters should be fine.

Yep. All i did on my 8.02 save was bring in Bojan on loan to cover upfront. Saha's injury prone but did well when fit, so you could use an extra man upfront as Wellbeck is too young and Dong isn't good enough.

Apart from that your strong everywhere. Silvestre, Park and Dong can be sold if you want to get a bit of money. Park sometimes wont get intrest until January due to his injury.

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

I'm trying with Lansbury but Arsenal are ****ing about asking for a fair bit but will defo get him, Wilshere I wasn't sure on, some games is top calss and others no more than average, is he one with a random PA?

That should of been Wilshere that I'm bidding for.

Archived