FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by stegga:

How much do you guys rely on your scouts, because mine are tellin me Kroos will be good, not world class...

good is good enough for me

i don't think he's any good untill he's 20+

bargin if you get him cheep

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by stegga:

How else can I judge a player then?

In fairness, they were pretty hot picking up Saivet and Sakho for me.

well go by instinct unless a player looks crap. you know sakho saivet and kroos will become amazing! they are -10's so you dont even need to listen.

if you insist on using scouts then usually they think your players are a tiny bit worse than they turn out to be so if they say good then usually wil become great.

I always listen to my scouts, they can spot weeknesses, especially if they say a player is injury prone, was going to sign Messi before but scout said he was injury prone and was he right, checked Messi's injury history, he had like 25 injuries in the last 4 years.

Originally posted by pele10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stegga:

thanks for the tips.

what do you mean they are -10s?

he cheat's icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Checking a players potential ability in the editor is cheating but I never do that. Is starting a game all over considered cheating? Because I have done that many times because you then know which players are good.

its not exactly cheating knowing that the player is a -10 that doesnt mean anything if a player is a -9 then they could end up being crap but you wouldnt know that. i only use in game editors miniscouts when playing with big clubs because its boring you might aswell buy the best because your going to win the league whatever so why not use it.

Originally posted by Navie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

Ronaldo's form at the mo

played 12 games scored 12 and 6 assists icon_biggrin.gif

He'll never outshine the real life Ronaldo though, but I hope in FM 2009 he is the best player in the game by miles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he should be by far

Once Aguero has been bought, has anyone ever been able to buy him off his new team? I just lost him to Inter Milan even though I offfered 20k more a week and 5k more a game.

Also, what do people think about Soldado and Briand on 8.0.2? Soldado is 4* so looks good but not sure about Briand.

squadjp4.th.jpg

achievementsll9.th.jpg

starting my 4th season..

bank balance of 70m.

Tevez wants to leave.

im bringing in grohe after activating hes release claus, looking to streghthen. any suggestions?

probably looking at an out an out striker.

rossi/benzema? 50m onwards from what i see. would have plenty after the tevez deal is done.

cheers

I'm Man U just started second season on 8.0.2.

Ive got about 55m to spend and am 1.3m under my wage budget.

first season won Cl and Prem.

This is my squad

EVS

Ben Foster

W.Brown

G.Neville

D.Simpson

J.Oshea

P,Evra

J.Evans

R.Ferdinand

N.Vidic

G.Pique

O.Hargreves

M.Veloso

Ramires

M.Carrick

D.Gibson

Nani

P.J.Sung

C.Ronaldo

Anderson

S.Aguero

W.Rooney

J.Saviola

C.Tevez

W.Rooney

Last season i played 4-2-3-1

--GK--

DRDCDCDL

-DM-DM-

-----

AM-AM-AM(all central with wide player arrow to FR and FL)

--FC--

With EVS,Brown,rio,vidic,evra,carrick,veloso,ronaldo,rooney,anderson,tevez

but with aguero coming in i'm not sure how to play.

Any advice on who to sign?

Ive had 55m bids for casillas and buffon rejected and akinfeev and lionel messi both reject my 125k a week contracts.

Originally posted by EpiC2z:

sold tevez for 47.5m to real and got rossi for 40m. its about 10 more games to the end and hes bang in 30!

btw, i tried to bid for benzema and lyon came back with 105m. haha

Good deal for Tevez and nice to see Rossi back at Man United.. lets hope it happens irl icon_smile.gif

Benzema's really hard to get for a realistic price.

yea! hes back, and tbh with my squad.. i feel much more confidence in winning with rossi in it. likes of aguero and rooney miss easy chances too much.

just unsettle benzema, but im happy with rossi, bojan is coming on a free! woohoo. just need a first choice leftback to take over evra. in 2011

Originally posted by nyrfan818:

Hey guys,

I've just had offers accepted for Ustari and Akinfeev. Which one should I accept? I'm only in the second year and I'm also on 8.0.1.

Thanks.

Akinfeev in any game of fm imo

Originally posted by Sanityfm:

Here is my current squad, started out the season with major injuries, so i'm tryin to catch up wit arsenal who are 8 points away.and undefeated icon_frown.gif

manchesterunitedmanutdppn7.th.png

What skin is that mate?

Your squad looks very strong.

The only position you are lacking in is DM.

Originally posted by baz1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanityfm:

Here is my current squad, started out the season with major injuries, so i'm tryin to catch up wit arsenal who are 8 points away.and undefeated icon_frown.gif

manchesterunitedmanutdppn7.th.png

itz dds 2.0..ya might give banega a chance nxt season.

What skin is that mate?

Your squad looks very strong.

The only position you are lacking in is DM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived