How to force players to build up on central area?

Your central attackers are cut off from the deeper midfielders. There is something wrong with your setup. Nobody is using the space in front of the dm unless the am shifts left - I can't say since I have not played the new game yet with its improved positional play.

But I would switch the dm to support and Ws to W (atk).

43 minutes ago, desmond91 said:

I would like my players to go through the center (purple lines) but they constantly go wide (green line).
Any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.08401ea34ce6094f054a6db210b6d42f.png

image.thumb.png.0da21efb4c8886ac30ea0a768e29fb36.png

Don't play with a Mezzala and wingers? 

You don't really have any central players geared to build up play. The DM is going to hold the IWB is going to hold and the AM(a) is going to stay high. Get some supporting roles in there, the only players capable of transitioning the ball are wide players atm. 

High Tempo, Mid block w/ counter attack isn't really focused around build up play, but quick/direct transitions.

Edited by Cloud9

16 minuti fa, stopazricky ha scritto:

Your number 8 is clearly marked tight by your opponent's number 17. Thank goodness your centre-back doesn't pass the ball to him!

I don't mean I want the CB to pass to 8 at the same moment of the screenshot :D but in general 

12 minuti fa, Cloud9 ha scritto:

Don't play with a Mezzala and wingers? 

You don't really have any central players geared to build up play. The DM is going to hold the IWB is going to hold and the AM(a) is going to stay high. Get some supporting roles in there, the only players capable of transitioning the ball are wide players atm. 

High Tempo, Mid block w/ counter attack isn't really focused around build up play, but quick/direct transitions.

Without Mezzala and Wingers than I will not attack as I want. 
I want the the very spreaded in creation phase.
I made some adjustments, but im not sure how tempo could influences the direction of the progression :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Il 6/12/2023 in 20:07 , desmond91 ha scritto:

I would like my players to go through the center (purple lines) but they constantly go wide (green line).
Any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.08401ea34ce6094f054a6db210b6d42f.png

image.thumb.png.0da21efb4c8886ac30ea0a768e29fb36.png

Narrow width(wide will make the players watch for players ar the flanks, narrow at the center) and regista roles(they are more likely to receive the balls based on how the games is coded)

On 06/12/2023 at 19:51, desmond91 said:

I don't mean I want the CB to pass to 8 at the same moment of the screenshot :D but in general 

But that's the screenshot you chose to post, and it clearly shows that player isn't the best position. Do you have other (more appropriate) screenshots where you would expect the pass to happen ?  

Just to echo what has being said - the tactic really isn't set up to play through the middle. Look at your roles, your DM is staying back and your cm is moving out wide, whilst your wide options look too hug the touchline. You wouldn't expect there to be build up through the centre here. You roles don't suggest your looking for that. The 'play through the middle' team instruction isn't going to suddenly counter-act that. 

I'm sure you've already done this since posting, but if central build up is what you want you need to go start again with your role selections. 

I had a similar problem. If your players are constantly passing to the wings, where they either try to dribble forward or just lose it, then that means your midfield isn't open for passes. You need to change roles/duties in midfield (and maybe wingers) so they are available to receive passes. I'd first check to make sure you have support and attacking duties spread evenly.

• 3 weeks later...

I made these adjustments:

- double pivot composed by Regista & Segundo Volante
- Advanced playmaker in the AM position
- IWB in support 
- very narrow width
- focus play through the middle

The build up seems to be much better, passes direction is now central. The only problem is that Wingers are too narrow now, whilst as I said I would like them very wide to stretch the play.
What if I remove the focus play? As far as I know the focus play through the middle increase the passes into the center (good) but also attract players to the centre of the pitch (bad)

What do you think?

Il 6/1/2024 in 01:02 , desmond91 ha scritto:

I made these adjustments:

- double pivot composed by Regista & Segundo Volante
- Advanced playmaker in the AM position
- IWB in support 
- very narrow width
- focus play through the middle

The build up seems to be much better, passes direction is now central. The only problem is that Wingers are too narrow now, whilst as I said I would like them very wide to stretch the play.
What if I remove the focus play? As far as I know the focus play through the middle increase the passes into the center (good) but also attract players to the centre of the pitch (bad)

What do you think?

It's more of the second one.

I wouldn't use it in your case