Creating chances away against "big" teams

Hi folks,

Looking for some tactical advice when playing away against the bigger teams, particularly around creating chances.  I usually dominate possession but do practically nothing with it.

Currently in 3rd season with Man Utd (which is a fun save in a sadomasochistic kinda way - name me a weirder squad among big teams...) and generally doing alright except away against my peers.  Just don't seem to create anything of note.

image.png.a7346bf37bfa0e9bf3bc17be42a547ff.png

This is my current formation.  Attacking because I find it the less passive than Positive and a mid-block with high press trigger because I don't want to chase opposition all over the pitch, but when they get towards half way then we go.

Open to any and all suggestions.

Cheers

Sometimes its good to get back to being very pragmatic.

My away form in season 2 is very good and i like to sit deep on a balanced mentality and "hit early crosses".

A target man or someone who can use a PI to hold up the ball can help you get up the field and win 1st and 2nd contacts.

Id suggest floating high balls into the box is an option and getting bodies around loose balls.

Yes, its ugly. But its effective

2 hours ago, MasterFolke said:

It is quite hard, the awaygames against the big fishes. I usually never do work into the box-thingy and i have counter on, sometimes lower the pressing. And i never have attackrole on my wingers, or i take em down to ml/r-position.

Yeah I get that at times I have to suffer, and I'm rarely getting spanked its just I'm offering so little in an attacking sense!  I'll try toning down the widemen see if I can get them more involved!

1 hour ago, Hoofenballen said:

Sometimes its good to get back to being very pragmatic.

My away form in season 2 is very good and i like to sit deep on a balanced mentality and "hit early crosses".

A target man or someone who can use a PI to hold up the ball can help you get up the field and win 1st and 2nd contacts.

Id suggest floating high balls into the box is an option and getting bodies around loose balls.

Yes, its ugly. But its effective

I'm not adverse to ugly, and I generally don't play a high line but can't seem to get any attacking play whether through build up or on the break.  Maybe I have to go back to go forward and be a little more pragmatic...I'll see where it takes me!  Cheers