[FM24] Creating new league rules

Roeina68

Hi just created a new country with one division, it replaces lichtenstein. i have erased the existing cities and created new ones, but people in this new country keep getting born in the old cities as well as the new ones (its a problem becuase they are born with lichtensteins names). never happened to me in previous versions of FM.

Would love some help with that, thanks in advance!

49 minutes ago, nine_iron said:

I highly recommend replacing C.I.S or Pre-1922 Ireland.

I made some videos about how to do this. They are a bit old but I have been doing just this for a while

ok, but what if i have already put in the time for this country? do you suggest erasing the league rules i created and just change the stadiums, cities, clubs and so on to one of those countries?

im not quite sure what should i take from your video. basically i created a made up country.

52 minutes ago, Roeina68 said:

i'm not quite sure what should i take from your video. basically i created a made up country.

The community has established best practice for creating a new country that uses CIS or Pre-1922 Ireland. It was initially done to avoid issues around names. I have been part of a group doing it since 2006 but I will say I am probably the least knowledgeable of that group.

I put some of that best practice in the video but some of it was around making a nation out of another, rather than a totally new fantasy nation. There have been some really good examples of those over the years too.

I would personally say it is worth the effort BUT I am of course biased towards the methods I have been using for more than a decade.

3 minutes ago, nine_iron said:

The community has established best practice for creating a new country that uses CIS or Pre-1922 Ireland. It was initially done to avoid issues around names. I have been part of a group doing it since 2006 but I will say I am probably the least knowledgeable of that group.

I put some of that best practice in the video but some of it was around making a nation out of another, rather than a totally new fantasy nation. There have been some really good examples of those over the years too.

I would personally say it is worth the effort BUT I am of course biased towards the methods I have been using for more than a decade.

okay thank you, the initial intention was not to degrade or something like that, its just that English isn't my first language so I literally didn't get some of the video lol. do you have any idea about this specific problem? it seems weird that i erased all of the cities and they still "exist" when i create a save. maybe this is caused by some sort of collision between my DB and the football manager DB?

27 minutes ago, Roeina68 said:

it seems weird

Sums up the editor pretty well. 

I have had similar problems over the years, awards are my weakness and I never seem to learn! 

Deletions are always flaky and not perfect, this is why the community tends to prefer blank slates of the extinct nations. They do mean you need to move Kazakhstan back to Asia and Bhutan to be non-FIFA, this also means making "Continent" editable but that has many video guides on how to do it and is worth the extra effort with the Resource Archiver.

4 hours ago, nine_iron said:

I have had similar problems over the years, awards are my weakness and I never seem to learn! 

Deletions are always flaky and not perfect, this is why the community tends to prefer blank slates of the extinct nations. They do mean you need to move Kazakhstan back to Asia and Bhutan to be non-FIFA, this also means making "Continent" editable but that has many video guides on how to do it and is worth the extra effort with the Resource Archiver.

Not necessarily. Add an international rules file and you shouldn't have an issue.

Personally I use.. Ireland Pre 1922 .  United Kingdom or Great Britain.  Never had issues with those at all . I've nearly completed my Guernsey file which I'm happy with . Just adding a cup and a few kits .

19 hours ago, alian62 said:

Personally I use.. Ireland Pre 1922 .  United Kingdom or Great Britain.  Never had issues with those at all . I've nearly completed my Guernsey file which I'm happy with . Just adding a cup and a few kits .

UK or GB might mess with the hidden "British" second nationality or the rare instances when they get to field an Olympic team (although when England hosts they might default to England U-23s automatically becoming Team GB, not sure about that). Also the competition histories are cleaner to edit for Ireland pre-1922 because you can just set their records to Northern Ireland (same FA)

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/12/2023 at 22:26, nine_iron said:

hi tried your way, doesnt let me change the continent to europe (its greyd out). another thing is, when i create a new save it collapses. thank you in advance

On 16/12/2023 at 20:32, Roeina68 said:

hi tried your way, doesnt let me change the continent to europe (its greyd out). another thing is, when i create a new save it collapses. thank you in advance

Need to do a complex but necessary edit to the files that tell the editor what you can and cannot change. Once you have done it it doesn't seem so scary or complex!

Edited by nine_iron