How are transfers in your game?

Luis is just one of 7 players in my game tied to relatively "small clubs", he has been wanted by M. City, M. Utd, PSG and Barca for 3 seasons now. But nobody ever seems to be put down that kind of money which means none of the 7 players are moving anywhere. I tried to bid 2 seasons ago but Rennes wanted 200 million, they are 12th in their league.

The same could be said for the 6 others all wanted by big clubs but with unpayable release clauses and tied for a pretty long time, seems upsetting them by bidding is impossible because the club can actually like I do promise that he would be sold if a 200 million bid comes in. Havn´t seen that happen.

All in all there aren´t a lot of big transfers, everyone seems to be clinging on to what they have which from an FM perspective makes sense, strengthening is hard since players cost the type of money no one has ( I think).

It´s what I have done since I really can´t strengthen my squad, havn´t sold or bought a player in 3 seasons now excluding youth deals. I just promise them that if a XXX bid comes in that I will take it, no one is bidding 100+ million outright.

Luis.jpg

Transfers are frustrating. But I like it this way.

What does bug the life out of me are LOANS. 

If I put one of my players on the loan list I get offers Zero monthly playing or none playing fee, 0% playing/unpaid wages, No offers of a bonus if club achieves 'promotion' or 'avoids relegation'. 

Yet when I have looked at loaning players in (my first 2-3 seasons) then despite the players I make an approach for being listed for loan their respective clubs ask for e.g £125k playing, £250k non playing, 100% wages paid plus a bonus for 'promotion/relegation' and won't budge in their negotiations, sometimes seeing that player then leave on loan to a club in a lower division than I am in for 0% wages, no fee's, no bonuses.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

From my experience nothing has ever been "broken" or the like (at least after 1st/2nd update of a game), but it has always been a question of individually balancing the game world.

It's a fact that only playable leagues produce active clubs when it comes to transfers. If you have just 1-3 playable first divisions loaded and a certain/huge amount of players, there will be no balanced market for players, obviously. It's a simple question of supply and demand: many players and few (active) clubs = no or little demand and low prices. The other way around: many clubs and few(er) players = high/decent demand and higher prices.

Having the first divisions of the top 5-7 nations in Europe playable and in addition neighbouring countries depending on the country you want to manage in will always result in a quite active transfermarket. If your computer can't cope with 10 playable leagues and/or the game speed becomes too slow (which is obviously a very subjective perception), one should reduce the amount of players.

For me personally, the above has always proven true, although there is no strict rule of how to setup a game (such as a scale or the like for the relation of active clubs and players in the game). It's a bit of testing and experience. I would say, definitely avoid the extremes (see above). However, I think that these basics about how the game world is working should be communicated more transparently by SI itself. But I also understand that they don't ;-)

By the way, having the top leagues loaded as playable will also result in stronger opponents in the European competitions ;-)

Edited by freshandy

Currently in Turkey and the big 3 Besiktas Fenerbache and Galatasaray are spending money like there's no tomorrow. Not checked any other leagues, although I did see Muller go from Bayern to Saudi for 225 million