The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

Article in one of the local papers today about James Nesbitt doing those executive box ads. He says that he'll be donating the money he got for the ad to a United supporters group (presumably whichever one replaced SU) and apologises for any offence he caused to United fans by "taking the Glazer dollar". Funniest thing was that the article has a quote from a fan on the Red Issue messageboard icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

The 2006 trip to Amsterdam

Confirmed

BBB

Coldberg

Bagpuss

Possibles

James07?

NickOGS20?

Vanester

pjburrage

JulesMUFC

Flights

15:20 Depart Birmingham (BHX)

17:35 Arrive Amsterdam (AMS)

09:50 Depart Amsterdam (AMS)

10:15 Arrive Birmingham (BHX)

£57.38 inc charges

Accomodation

here for some

£70 each for 4 nights </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bump

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmymc:

If we drop any points were bummed. Simple. But if weve won 8 on the bounce why not six? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because we've got to play Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs who are tougher than the likes of Birmingham, WBA and Wigan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

mika, we get the point, you're a pessimist. give it a rest ffs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was simply replying to his point icon_biggrin.gif

And imo it's realism, not pessimism.

Arsenal/Chelsea are a different proposition to Bolton, unbeaten at home or not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

City apparently getting overrun by Middlesbrough at home :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finished 0-1 \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

City apparently getting overrun by Middlesbrough at home :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finished 0-1 \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

We will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We will. Because I'm going to the game. I'm not f*cking going all that way and even entertain the notion that we will get beaten. We will win.

We probably won't win the league, but we WILL beat Arsenal.

BELIEVE

Arsenal lost to Bolton. Everything you throw at me I'll throw back at you.

We can do it, we've done it before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lightning never strikes twice

*catches and throws back* icon_biggrin.gif

Arsenal are playing infinitely better than then, they're on an even bigger roll than us with their Champions League exploits.

We've not done it like this before, it's too late in the day.

Lightning never strikes twice </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We did it with Newcastle and Arsenal.

Even fat man says we'll beat Arsenal.

i really don't care. just even being MENTIONED as part of a title race with six games to go is good enough for me at this moment in time. mourinho thought they'd have it wrapped up by early april and be able to concentrate fully on europe :***)

as far as we're concerned its been a pretty enjoyable season imo, a lot of highs and lows, and we are playing some f*cking sexy football again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Arsenal are playing infinitely better than then, they're on an even bigger roll than us with their Champions League exploits.

We've not done it like this before, it's too late in the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

49 unbeaten, we beat them.

fact.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i really don't care. just even being MENTIONED as part of a title race with six games to go is good enough for me at this moment in time. mourinho thought they'd have it wrapped up by early april and be able to concentrate fully on europe :***)

as far as we're concerned its been a pretty enjoyable season imo, a lot of highs and lows, and we are playing some f*cking sexy football again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and you met me :*)

as far as we're concerned its been a pretty enjoyable season imo, a lot of highs and lows, and we are playing some f*cking sexy football again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

I don't think we really NEED to get our hopes up for any more. Just be thankful we're not still 18pts behind top and struggling to get 2nd place

Pretty much what Gonch Gardener said. Although I disapprove of his relationship with Ziggy Greaves and to a lesser extent Robbie Wright.

We've not done it like this before, it's too late in the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Irrelevant, that was then, this is now. I'm not saying we can't beat them because we can, but anyone underestimating them is asking for disappointment.

we've done it twice already sunshine

icon14.gif

Even fat man says we'll beat Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And anyway this Chelsea team has more chance of grinding out results than either of those 2 we beat before.. it's just not very feasible that they'll utterly collapse

fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Irrelevant, that was then, this is now. I'm not saying we can't beat them because we can, but anyone underestimating them is asking for disappointment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it irrelevant? I'm not underestemating them, we have the advantage that we aren't playing midweek whereas they are.

we've done it twice already sunshine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pfft whatever. I can't believe I'm the one who's being pessimistic - usually there's plenty of others far more doom'n'gloomy than me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I'll ask again

What dates is this Amsterdam thing?

are you sure the Amsterdam Tournament is in Amsterdam this year Mart? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thurs 3rd-Mon 7th is when we're going

And anyway this Chelsea team has more chance of grinding out results than either of those 2 we beat before.. it's just not very feasible that they'll utterly collapse </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they don't need to utterly collapse though tbf. Matt was saying we were looking at them having a Sunderland-esque run of form, which isn't at all true. We have to beat them, and hope they drop points in two other games. Bolton/Blackburn away are undeniably tricky, Newcastle away could go either way, West Ham and Everton are two teams who could cause them slight problems at the Bridge.

It only needs their current form to continue, not a collapse.

How is it irrelevant? I'm not underestemating them, we have the advantage that we aren't playing midweek whereas they are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the unbeaten run and all that is irrevelant because things have changed since then, I don't think it'll be in their minds. If they beat Juve they'll be so full of confidence, and given how well they're playing then them getting a draw is far from unlikely.

If they collapse at Juve however...

And anyway this Chelsea team has more chance of grinding out results than either of those 2 we beat before.. it's just not very feasible that they'll utterly collapse </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't need to utterly collapse.

They need to draw two games and lose one.

If they lose to us, thats the loss taken care off, all they need to do is draw a couple of games, the teams they've drawn to so far are teams we didnt expect them to draw to so it's definitely on.

tbh though, ive watched chelsea quite a bit this season and i dont think they've ever been really good. sure they are very efficient, but they haven't played great stuff bar a few games here and there. in the last 5 or 6 weeks i think they've been pretty poor, just getting the odd moment of brilliance or a set piece goal to win games. that can't go on forever.

August </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you.

Glad we got their eventually.

Hmm, i might be able to come to that.

Will have to see what my finances are like a little closer to the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

they don't need to utterly collapse though tbf. Matt was saying we were looking at them having a Sunderland-esque run of form, which isn't at all true. We have to beat them, and hope they drop points in two other games. Bolton/Blackburn away are undeniably tricky, Newcastle away could go either way, West Ham and Everton are two teams who could cause them slight problems at the Bridge.

It only needs their current form to continue, not a collapse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I'd say it's unlikely that they'll remain this poor for the rest of the season..

But you've also made 2 big assumptions in there. Firstly that we beat them at Stamford Bridge. Secondly that we don't slip up once between now and the end of the season.

Archived