The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Silvestre </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Doesn't look anything like him icon_biggrin.gif

But i guess we have all forgot what saha looks like icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

aye, scatter - it was a general comment. You've got eyes and some common sense icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif When did that happen? icon_confused.gif

(Not the eyes bit, obviously, although i started to have my doubts with his reaction to some of the summers dismissals icon_wink.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi. icon_mad.gif

winners are grinners aren't they? icon_frown.gif

Just got an email from manutd.com re tickets

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Barnet - Wednesday 26 October, 8pm

Tickets are now on sale to the General Public. Please note, all junior tickets for this match are priced at only £8. For more details, please call the Ticket & Match Information Line </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure they weren't that cheap before.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

That's junior tickets Mart... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

really? oh silly me. I knew you daft sod icon_biggrin.gif

tbh i've never heard anyone mention Rossi outside this thread, a few little articles in the MEN maybe

oh and KK bringing youngsters through, I don't think so. Stephen Elliot the prime example, had a great scoring level with the reserves and was forced to join Sunderland to get his chance. Who poped up and scored for Ireland and against Utd last week? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

No, its Saha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not mate. At least i think i can safely assume it's not, there's no stretcher or ambulance in the pic icon_biggrin.gif

And thanks for helping me out, by the way icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

oi. icon_mad.gif

winners are grinners aren't they? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, mate. I thought you talked rot well before this summer icon_wink.gif

The Man Utd BOTU watch

Still in

Razor Eddie

ericcantona7

Gregg Carter

James M

James07?

Keyser

NickOGS20

pjburrage

Mika

BBB

Sadly out

Bagpuss

Coldberg

Redblood

Damonwattsok

Out

Rcjuk icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed

The Man Utd BOTU watch

Still in

Razor Eddie

ericcantona7

Gregg Carter

James M

James07?

Keyser

NickOGS20

pjburrage

Mika

BBB

Sadly out

Bagpuss

Coldberg

Redblood

Damonwattsok

Rcjuk

Scatter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Man Utd BOTU watch

Still in

Razor Eddie

ericcantona7

Gregg Carter

James M

James07?

Keyser

NickOGS20

pjburrage

Mika

BBB

Sadly out

Bagpuss

Coldberg

Redblood

Damonwattsok

Rcjuk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AM I F*CKING INVISIBLE OR SUMMIT icon_mad.gif

The Man Utd BOTU watch

Still in

Razor Eddie

ericcantona7

Gregg Carter

James M

James07?

Keyser

NickOGS20

pjburrage

Mika

BBB

sunkilmoon

Sadly out

Bagpuss

Coldberg

Redblood

Damonwattsok

Rcjuk

Scatter </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Man Utd BOTU watch

Still in

Razor Eddie

ericcantona7

Gregg Carter

James M

James07?

Keyser

NickOGS20

pjburrage

Mika

BBB

Sadly out

Bagpuss

Coldberg

Redblood

Damonwattsok

not even considered *sobs*

oh well, can anyone at the game on saturday please tell me what the united end were singing to mick mcc*nty?

The Man Utd BOTU watch

Still in

Razor Eddie

ericcantona7

Gregg Carter

James M

James07?

Keyser

NickOGS20

pjburrage

Mika

BBB

Hell Hath No Fury

Sadly out

Bagpuss

Coldberg

Redblood

Damonwattsok

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i heart bbb

did you go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, for reasons and they are threefold

1. I couldn't afford it

2. I was working (till 11)

3. I couldn't get a ticket

I didn't know/forgot that you both were reds.

I'll do it properly for the next round icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about me? icon_frown.gif

after all we went through with the hd5 icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i heart bbb

did you go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, for reasons and they are threefold

1. I couldn't afford it Credit Was Refused More Like icon_wink.gif

2. I was working (till 11)

3. I couldn't get a ticket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fixed icon_razz.gif

I didn't know/forgot that you both were reds.

I'll do it properly for the next round icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about me? icon_frown.gif

after all we went through with the hd5 icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You weren't in BOTU were you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

tbh i've never heard anyone mention Rossi outside this thread, a few little articles in the MEN maybe

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=297398&CPID=8&C...&channel=premiership

11/08/05: Has Rossi down as the one to watch with these words:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Simply too good for reserve team football, he has the intelligence and skill to make the grade at United.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good news:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [44] Wes Brown

Monday, October 17, 2005

pencilled in to start for the reserves on Thursday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

News, I know Taz would rather he wouldn't get fit to allow Rossi to shine but I don't know if that's a commonly held view?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [42] Fergie plans

Monday, October 17, 2005

Saha for Barnet, maybe as sub </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> United announce new reserve boss

Monday, October 17, 2005

from the official site

'Rene Meulensteen has been named United's new Reserve team coach, replacing Ricky Sbragia who left the club to join Bolton last week. The Dutchman was arrived at Old Trafford in 2001 to work with the Academy players as Skills Development Coach, a role he will continue in. Sir Alex Ferguson says it is ideal that United are appointing a coach who has been an integral part to the development of young players at the club in recent years.

"In most cases you like to promote from within and we are delighted to install Rene as Reserve team coach," Sir Alex told ManUtd.com.

"Rene has been technical coach for all the youth players for the last five years and he will continue the work he has been doing with the Academy."

"I strongly believe this appointment strengthens links between the players at Academy level and the professionals."

At the forefront of the decision to promote Meulensteen to the Reserves is the idea of creating a seamless progression through the ranks for young players.

"I'm delighted with the opportunity given to me by the club and Sir Alex," Rene told us.

"I strongly believe this appointment strengthens links between the players at Academy level and the professionals." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Saha for Barnet, maybe as sub </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wont be allowed to play against us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [16] Ruud delighted for Rossi

Monday, October 17, 2005

as were the team as everyone including Van der Sar raced on top of the former Parma player when he scored

"I am so happy for Guiseppe. I wanted to run on the pitch and celebrate with him but the fourth official told me I would get booked. He has impressed all of us with his performances for the reserves and in training. He asks me things and I try to help him because he wants to know and he wants to learn. He deserves the goal for all the hard work he has put in." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Man Utd BOTU watch

Still in

Razor Eddie

ericcantona7

Gregg Carter

James M

James07?

Keyser

NickOGS20

pjburrage

Mika

BBB

Sadly out

Bagpuss

Coldberg

Redblood

Damonwattsok

I can't believe you left me off of that list. :*(

Saha better be bench at best for Barnet because i'd rather Blake and Rossi play. I would sell him in January and use these two as back up for Ruud and Rooney.

If we sold Saha as well as having Blake & Rossi we would still have Scholes, Park, Ronaldo who could play in the hole and Smith if needed.

Saha started good but then just had injury after injury and when you have someone as talented as GR i'd rather he got the games Saha would be getting when fit.

Archived