The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

will there really be anything of importance to add to the update from this page.

*knows this post will now get added. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Discussing Jessica Simpsons Hot pants isnt important?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

will there really be anything of importance to add to the update from this page.

*knows this post will now get added. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Discussing Jessica Simpsons Hot pants isnt important? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got me there!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waria Akhmed:

i hope im included in the roundup icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post something interesting in the next few hours. You might be in already, but it'll make certain icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waria Akhmed:

i hope im included in the roundup icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post something interesting in the next few hours. You might be in already, but it'll make certain icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taz is a knob icon14.gif

????

The 2005/06 United Thread Round-up, Part 1 (Pages 1-50) - 100% Not Stolen From The Sanctuary

I hate to start with an Arsenal fan, but...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

My bookmaker was laying odds on how insufferable Liverpool fans would be if they won the CL... despite clearly being **** all season. He would only give 1-100!! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess this means we'll be behind Newcastle as well icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SBA:

You're going down with the Gooners. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, 'lol'...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baronsamedi:

I liked the "son of god" title sudgestion better icon_biggrin.gif lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With that in mind, can we all publicly nail you to a wooden cross then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touché

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Can i just say i like the idea of Scott (Harwood) trying to play mind games. It's like Henman having to play on centre court without a racket icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SBA defeated in 'chant-off'. TBh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SBA:

BAAAAAAAAAAA The Clueless Herd Of Sheep

The Long Road Back Is Just Too Steep

The Glory Days Are In The Past

The Chelsea Rule Will Forever Last

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BAAAAAAAAAAA The winless Sky Blue c*nts

All they can do is punt punt punt

The Glory Days Are In The Past

Plus SBA is dying and likes it up the ass

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

---------------------------------------------------------

"Hello, you're through to the Samaritans, Gregg speaking"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Is there some secret offensive text in the italics or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

American saying dude icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you ever get so depressed that you're such a boring, monosyllabic moron that you want to hang yourself?

If so, please, do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe we can offer them as Buy One Get One Free? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

Quinton's not going anywhere either, f*ck off with this trying to take players that arent Liam Miller or David Bellion nonsence please icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ 29 years \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Citeh's trophy wins - 1977-2005

every time I try and download it says 'file not found' ? icon_confused.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Put the stone down BUD...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BUD THE WEISER:

Breaking news on the bbc Glazier has 98% of the shares time to go into debt boys \0/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that the sound of breaking glass? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shame icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baronsamong:

Well I guess I'm not prepaired to spend the time traveling, I have other things to do with my free time then sit on a motoway at weekends. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Permit me to rant

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Many other clubs have unpopular owners, so tell me why should United be any different? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, I vaguely remembered this post the other day. Not sure what made me do so, but I couldn't help thinking what an utterly absurd statement that is. We shouldn't complain about having new owners we don't want or need just because fans of other clubs have been/are in similar situations? What next - we shouldn't complain if a family member develops a terminal illness because other people have been in that same situation? After all, why should we be any different?

If we're unhappy with a situation, the fact that we're not the only ones facing that situation should have no impact on whether or not we complain or feel disgruntled, and to suggest otherwise is absolutely ridiculous.

We now return you to your regular programming...

The Glazer Bros visit to OT...

A lot of b*llocks was talked, this pretty much summed it up for me:

Where to start eh?

People feel ignored., shat upon. They've not got a voice. Impotent. What alternative is there other than some kind of direct action?

Only seen the pictures on the news but it seems the GMP were their typical selves. Crack heads 1st, think later.

'We' were in a no win situation. Nobody protests and the media say we're all hot air and move onto the next story. 'We' do protest and we're attention seeking violent morons. hey ho.

Chucking bottles at a police van achieves precisely f*ck all, but it's not fair or correct to tar everyone that was down at OT last night with the same brush. From what I've seen the initial media descriptions are laughable.

If the Glazers had made some kind of public statement (via MUTV?) prior to their visit then some of this might have been avoided. But the cloak and dagger nature plus the fact they seemed willing to talk to anyone other than the fans made it inevitable that there would be some kind of welcoming committee and that the whole thing would be surround in secrecy / tension that the police would struggle to handle.

all in all though, seems like a lot of fuss over very little.

If last night has done anything it's made the Glazer's aware that they've won over the City and they've charmed the footballing authorities but they've got a hell of a long way to go to placate the fans. By completely ignoring us so far they've made their 1st mistake.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touché Mk II icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baronsamong:

It's not rocket science </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good job. You'd struggle with a rocket salad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The baron's finest hour

Joel Glazer is at OT! Apparently he just strolled in! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean he just strolled in like he owned the place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

5 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think your keyboard is broke, you missed off the "th" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Retro's back to help again :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

(to benkeat/AndyPillock) You've won a f*cking cup competition ffs. Your league position puts you exactly where you truly belong... only the 5th best team in England. For a club Liverpool's size, that's pathetic by any standards. You finished just above Bolton ffs.

Porto won the CL last season - were they the best side in Europe? No. It's a lottery and you can bookmark me on that one if you like, in case by some miracle we win it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two out of three aint bad...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

Zenden icon_biggrin.gif Stelios icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the last striker Liverpool were being linked to was Peter Crouch wasn't it? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bwahahahahahahaha oh pleeeeeeeease the gods of football, make this happen icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Zenden, Stelios and Crouch icon_biggrin.gif Names to strike fear in the heart of Leicester City and Leeds defences icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Walked right into this one...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

1st is 1st. second is nowhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wheres 5th? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

----------------------------------------------------------

Figo and Raul eh?

nowhere. wheres your european cups? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where's all your big name signings that were being promised?

even all your transfer targets realise how lucky you were ffs, no one wants to touch you with a barge pole icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for every crouch and zenden weve been linked with has been a figo and raul.

noone knows who were going to buy, so passing comment before we do is pretty futile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

-----------------------------------------------------------

No comment required

if you think liverpool are gonna be spending their money soley on players like stelios and zenden, i think your kidding yourself. even if these players do come in, it'll be to fill the squad.

im sure therell be a few top players brought in.

not that we need them, were the european champions, its upto the rest of europe to catch us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------------------------------------------------

Fish-finger analogies ahoy

Look, if Captain Birdeyes is bought out by McDonalds but the quality of the fish fingers remains the same, you don't stop buying the fish fingers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're a huge fish finger fan and the McDonalds business plan loads the Captain with huge debts that put the future of fish finger production at risk would you be happy?

if McDonalds have never eaten a fish finger in their life, and don't have any experience of making fish fingers wouldn't you worry that the quality might go down? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're a huge fish finger fan and the McDonalds business plan loads the Captain with huge debts that put the future of fish finger production at risk would you be happy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look I'd be confident that the Captain would fall on his feet, he has too many friends and too many interests needing him to be successful for him to be left homeless on the street begging.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if McDonalds have never eaten a fish finger in their life, and don't have any experience of making fish fingers wouldn't you worry that the quality might go down? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd imagine McDonalds would employ experts in the field to make sure the fish finger experience reminded high quality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look I'd be confident that the Captain would fall on his feet, he has too many friends and too many interests needing him to be successful for him to be left homeless on the street begging. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But it's not about friends. It's about the mean nasty banks that don't care about the Captain. The Association of Fish Finger makers may talk the talk but they can't do anything to help if it does go t*ts up, and McDonalds know they can walk away pretty much free from damage.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd imagine McDonalds would employ experts in the field to make sure the fish finger experience reminded high quality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They may do that. But let's face it the Captain has traditionally been pretty good at picking up a large part of the cod based fish product market. There's only a limited number of people willing to switch to fish fingers.

It's also obvious that although the product is still much loved, other producers have been making dishes which are proving better. The head chef is approaching retirement and some of his ingredients are looking a little jaded...if the Captain is going to maintain his current level it needs major investment, not huge debts to service. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My head hurts icon_frown.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------

Reassuring words from Fergie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB (July 1st):

Some GOOD news

Ferguson rules out loan move for youngster

Alex Ferguson has dismissed rumours that 20 year old Southport-born midfielder, David Jones, will be allowed to leave the club on loan next season.

"I've always said we already have the long term-replacement for Roy (Keane) already within our ranks. I intend on giving him matches alongside Roy next year.

"Roy's season with Bryan (Robson) was crucial to his development and I'm sure young David would benefit from a season playing with a player like Roy Keane."

"He (David Jones) is an excellent talent - very exciting. He shows such maturity for someone so young. He's strong in the tackle, an excellent passer of the ball and he chips in with a good amount of goals too. His reading of the game is nothing short of amazing considering his relative lack of experience. The complete midfielder.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

angryfire.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------

Not much Fletch talk, so I'll take issue with Taz over something else

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Rio's wage demands dont take away from his skills or ability as a captain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but they deem him wholly unworthy of wearing the armband and following in the illustrious footsteps of those who have done so before. Rio Ferdinand doesn't warrant being mentioned in the same breath as Roy Keane, Eric Cantona, Steve Bruce, Bryan Robson, Bill Foulkes, Martin Buchan, Roger Byrne and many others.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Eh, you mean you're not? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB, in the midst of a discussion about work interfering with watching games:

I need better excuses, it sounds like I'm a walking, talking vomiting machine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alas, so true icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

COME ONE <STRIKE>GATUSSO/ESSIEN/BALLACK</STRIKE>*

Delete as applicable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's get Adriano, Ronaldinho, Nesta and Robben while we're at it icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Keane, Ballack and Scholes might be a midfield thats knocking on but it would be a good midfield. A great one if we managed to sign Gattuso. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A very good point tbf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

Everyone BEGGING for CQ to come back when Fergie had no number 2, now he's public enemy number one :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Liverpool thread in a nutshell

gerrard should go, what a c*nt

gerrard is staying \o/\o/\o/\\o/\o\/\o\o\z/\o

lol man shot in manc, what a suuprise rite??

in rafa i trust

rafalution is like revolution i just got that nice 1

guys should i braid my hair

etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Step aside Sir Elton... Martin's 'tribute' to Blaine

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Blaine was a top fella

he gave me a can of Stella

he might be a member of the M.E.C

but a Porto ticket he gave to me

he was a crusader for SU

and gave me an Everton ticket too

Blaine was a nice bloke

he saw united choke

he's travelled home and away

his favourite player is John O'Shea

he prefers his pre match snack to be meaty

he's having a fling with Mrs Beatty

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like to think this had an effect icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

And Rio's a goner methinks. He can just f*ck right off with this 'best defender in the world' ********. Sign for £100k (more than you deserve) or go play on the M62 you wobbly-gobbed ******. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone would think this was late or something - Part 1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

By the time the <STRIKE>end of season quiz</STRIKE> roundup is ready it'll be the World Cup /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"a tight arse with deeper pockets than a scotsman" - G. Carter 13/7/2005

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

BBB always seems to promise beers but doesn't come up with the goods. icon13.gificon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For ease of reference in case it needs bringing up at a later date...

you can all bookmark this.

To me Park will be another Poborsky.

more dong than cantona. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And again...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

I reckon we'll still finish higher than you icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Sanctuary Scandal - A Recap

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by seb foulkes:

yeah, thank you so much for going into a private paid-for forum, robbing their info and posting it here in front of anyone who wants it. and as you've just been on, you'll know we have been discussing the privacy of the sanctuary all morning, so you can't say you haven't been warned. you and and fellow blabber RedBlood are banned from all RedIssue sites and if anyone posts our copyrighted gear on here again, we'll take the necessary action. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh stick you

Your mama too

And your daddy

Ooh stick you

Your mama too

And your daddy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm furious, Like I said I never recieved a "warning" and haven't been on the Sanctuary last night, the information posted wasn't given with a warning either.

Stick your ****ing sanctuary up your ****ing arses, you bunch of nazi bastards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by seb foulkes:

BBB you posted your last stealing at half past 3 this afternoon; we've been discussing the issue all day, or didn't you see it?!?

it clearly states in the T&Cs on our site what the score is and, as is clear from the discussions today onsite, everyone ELSE seems to know the score bar you and RedBlood.

as you appear to think we are "Nazis", i'm surprised you would want to be a member anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you think it is right to subvert our site by spreading for free stuff that other people pay for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what's the problem with spreading the info anyway. Isn't the price to join the Sanctuary to be away from the ***** / ABUs etc etc that post on the main RI boards, rather than paying for the extra information you may get on the Sanctuary?

Or are people really paying a tenner to get some half baked sub backbeat rumours? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Why have i been banned from RIS? Whats happened </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

probably best to close this thread, and maybe the rest of the internet just in case - even by chance - we stumble on a line of debate that's similar to the Sanctuary. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtbion:

BBB, the score as I understood it was that you don't go about disseminating the odd bone we get thrown by way of "inside" info because it's traceable back to source and then whoever the lads got it from gets ****ed off and no more info. Ever heard the phrase killing the golden goose?

As for how they caught up with you, dunno your guess is as good as mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said on the previous page, I was never warned and didnt see the thread in the Sanctuary, previous info has had "dont show anywhere else" on it, I abided by that, however this information didn't so I didn't see any reason why I couldn't post it here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I can't believe people are so bothered to "grass up" others over these sorts of things :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't blame those who notice that rules have been broken, you should blame the rule breakers tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've been told to come back and answer the above. lads, you are all entitled to your opinion about how we run our site and it's obvious you don't approve; fair enough. but it's our site, with a private members-only bit that depends on its privacy for its effectiveness and popularity. the issue isn't about cash, really, but confidence: our members want to talk to people they know in secrecy. the site isn't part of the general internet and isn't open to the public. its posts are like emails: they're just for those 'on the list'. you can go on about us being precious, slag off the mag and conjecture about how much value we have etc etc all you want but that is how we've chosen to run it and we ask for the rules to be abided by.

anyway, apologies again for inflicting all this on your own forum. RedBlood has already been in touch with us and BBB is invited to do so on redissue@hotmail.com, so he can now stop whinging about it on here if he'd like to. and yes, pjburrabge and Acu, on the whole our members DO keep what we discuss on the forum to themselves, at least as regards repeating it on the open Net. sounds mad to you, clearly, and you all have a very different view of these things but that is how our lot are happy to do it. have some respect for people who wish to do things their own way, would you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris:

Ive removed that foulkes access rights.

Fair is fair after all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone would think this was late or something - Part 2

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

I can do the quiz any tike Matt apart from Saturday night, Monday Night (unless its after 9). Just post it when ever and give us a certain amount of time to answer and email it to you and BBB to count the results and see who won. I know how much BBB loves to count. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>As long as it isn't nick, we will be here all night and into the next day... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif being optimistic with the time there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NICK, ROUNDUP FFS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'let's all laugh at deluded Scousers' special

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jearngngngngng84:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foot in mouth:

Ferdinand >>> Gallas, Carra, Hyypia

but

Gallas, Carra, Hyypia >>>> any other Man Utd centre back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah more like

Carra, Hyypia >>>Ferdinand >>>Gallas >>>> any other Man Utd centre back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

(re: right-backs)

Toure also plays on the right for Arsenal.

I'd put us 3rd behind Chelsea and Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

LM - here we have Riise, Kewell, Bolo, Warnock, and Garcia all capable of playing on the left. Who else offers this much quality + depth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gamesrater:

I'd say Hamman is better than anything Chelsea can offer in back up either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

I forgot Gudjohnsen. He's not exactly prolific though tbh. Baros still > him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the coup de grace:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

Ok lads, so you all discussed our squad position by position, but there are 2 other factors that are important to a succesful club - the Manager and the supporters.

In my opinion we top the league in both areas icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben Foster's signing is greeted with unanimous approval...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

/o\ £1million for stokes 3rd chouice 'keeper icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I hope this isn't the 3rd signing Gill referred to. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see why we have bought him in all honesty as theres two really good keepers in the reserves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What an utter joke, 2.5mill ffs. We paid that for Edwin, what is the point really? Recommended by Fergies son was the reason, i cant believe it. What an utter joke. Im sure this feller will follow the Caroll route, being useless. Give heaton/steele a chance ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really really don't understand that one.. we have a good setup of 3/4 keepers already. WHY get another reserve?

And for 2.5m? f*ck off... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And my personal favourite:

What are the odds its more money wasted on another mediocre talent who will end up fighting for the Reserve #1 spot?

If he is so good and has so much potential how come he couldnt displace two old keepers on the slide? Not even the once. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although there is one lone voice backing Big Ben

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Red_Hector:

Fossie is a fantastic keeper. Two factors almost kept us up last season despite the 10 pojnt deduction and that was Juan Ugarte's goals and Ben Foster's influence on a shaky defence. He commands his area, not quite like Schmeichel but then that's a tough act to follow, but really instills confidence in his defence. He's a fantastic shot stopper and that translates to any level. I remember the LDV final well when he was called upon to make a double save to keep us in the game the like of which I have never seen. Complete reflexes and intuition. Comes for crosses with confidence and distributes the ball cleverly and he has a MASSIVE kick on him.

On top of that, he is very consistent in his performances and seems to be a `lucky` keeper. Can't see him ever pulling off an Enckelmann for instance. He's a big lad and seems to be strong both physically and mentally. We could all see he was way out of our league from quite early on in his loan. I really hope he shines at United because on top of being a good keeper, he's also a fantastic bloke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first goal of pre-season heralds a false dawn...

I really hope Kleberson gets some games next season, he's a good player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Baron gives a history lesson

7. how many players died in munich air crash?

easy one, twentythree died one that day icon_frown.gif

8. What time did the plane attempt its third take off?

another easy one, 3pm

don't think i did too well there, a few i did not know, everyone knows about the munich stuff though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think this has been posted yet?

for every crouch and zenden weve been linked with has been a figo and raul.

noone knows who were going to buy, so passing comment before we do is pretty futile.

nope, but benitez is famous for being tight lipped over transfers, and theres not a single quote coming from the club about crouch, zenden or stelios.

and i dont see any of them coming to fruition as of yet. so maybe it'd be wiser to wait till we sign these players before having a go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

awesome :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touchy touchy

What Taz? Yeah get rid of that **** tbh icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha ****ing ha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This actually happened icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Rossi is a god.

I might run on the pitch & dry hump him in Antwerp icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sick sick man, I might do too tbh icon_biggrin.gif

I :heart: him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the thought of two grown men arguing in the middle of the pitch over who huimps which leg icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A tantalising glimpse into the Taz psyche

"I love Fletcher the most"

"No i love Fletcher the most"

"No you dont"

"You dont"

"Do"

"Dont"

"Do"

"Dont"

"Okay we'll toss a coin. Loser has to wear the Fletcher shirt and wig tonight"

"Fair dos"

"What do you want?"

"Heads"

*tosses coin*

"Tails, get your arse in the gear and bend on over the bed and wait for the love train to enter the station. WOOT, WOOT, ALL ABOARD!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone would think this was late or something - Part 14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

Whens the round-up coming icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're due one for pages 1-50 of this thread now icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slacker tbh.

I suggest we give somebody else who can both be relied upon and also can post in a humorous style to take over the round up responsibilities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

I'm not in there.

Useless spag icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before anyone says it, yes, it clearly applies to me icon14.gif

Just going through the thread to see if I said anything remotely funny, and I found this posted on page 4, surely this must be in the update considering what happened.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

4 pages before I get on this icon_frown.gif

I need to stop drinking so much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blaine, you'll turn into D_S, although drinking in Antwerp is a must icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just going through the thread to see if I said anything remotely funny, and I found this posted on page 4, surely this must be in the update considering what happened.

4 pages before I get on this icon_frown.gif

I need to stop drinking so much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blaine, you'll turn into D_S, although drinking in Antwerp is a must icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did happen? Oh thats right, you lot thought I would be sick when it was the SU/FCUM Crusader.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now, I vaguely remembered this post the other day. Not sure what made me do so, but I couldn't help thinking what an utterly absurd statement that is. We shouldn't complain about having new owners we don't want or need just because fans of other clubs have been/are in similar situations? What next - we shouldn't complain if a family member develops a terminal illness because other people have been in that same situation? After all, why should we be any different?

If we're unhappy with a situation, the fact that we're not the only ones facing that situation should have no impact on whether or not we complain or feel disgruntled, and to suggest otherwise is absolutely ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The prevailing attitude at the time of the post was "OMG! United not for sale!!" as if people couldn't believe that such a thing could possibly ever happen to United. That attitude was arrogant. It infuriated me to a small degree because we WERE for sale and we WERE sold. It's got f*ck all to do with denying anyones right to protest, protest away, we all know (knew?) how it turned out.

Yet another example of the overly sensitive nature of some of the protesters.

The post was also designed to point out the fact that other clubs do have unpopular owners/massive debts and still function despite these things. But was then and again now, blown out of all proportion.

meh.

The second half of the roundup will probably be tomorrow, I'm off to cover myself in St George Crosses, throw a patio chair through my window, sing No Surrender to the IRA and cheer on that lovable left-back from the Arsenal icon_smile.gif

The second half of the roundup will probably be tomorrow, I'm off to cover myself in St George Crosses, throw a patio chair through my window, sing No Surrender to the IRA and cheer on that lovable left-back from the Arsenal icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dear god, why? icon_biggrin.gif

Obi Wan, he will single handedly win us the league this season and kick Dazzle Fletcher from the starting XI.

And RedBlood where do you get your coach from, i might change supporters group for the day if there is a ticket going. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hastings in east sussex, but we usually pick peopel up from datford near london.

They had 7 spares (i took one for EC7 so 6) two days ago.

Want the guys email? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So 6 spares lefT? no excuse for not getting me a ticket now icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I said i can't afford it or i would icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You cant do this to me tbh.

It's almost the same as saying you have a spare ticket but yo uwon't give it to me.

The second half of the roundup will probably be tomorrow, I'm off to cover myself in St George Crosses, throw a patio chair through my window, sing No Surrender to the IRA and cheer on that lovable left-back from the Arsenal icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dear god, why? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got nowt else to do and some mates are going to watch it down the pub. I give it until half-time before one of them wants to lamp me for cheering on NI icon_biggrin.gif

dear god, why? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got nowt else to do and some mates are going to watch it down the pub. I give it until half-time before one of them wants to lamp me for cheering on NI icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find myself watching it icon_frown.gif I just want it to be over, like the Ashes, then THE GOOD ACTION can return icon_cool.gif

But, as much as I hold International Football in contempt, I cannot bring myself to cheer on the opposition icon_biggrin.gif

The ashes are ace you stupid old ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but football quite clearly is better than cricket you Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall look-a-like.

Managed to change a skin yet? icon_biggrin.gif

The ashes are ace you stupid old ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but football quite clearly is better than cricket you Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall look-a-like.

Managed to change a skin yet? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did indeed, I now have the Stone skin, its awesome.

Archived