The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

This thread is gone manic! 4 complete pages in 24 hours! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Manchester United Thread > Arsenal Thread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <STRIKE>Crimewatch UK</STRIKE> Liverpool Thread

icon14.gif

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

traore, kewell... your just listing european champions wicom. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah Rooney and Ronaldo call themselves stars and not a Champions League win between em. I wish we had the Liverpool All-Stars like Djimi to warm our reserve team bench icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf we have got Miller/Bellion icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

Actually I think we're all having quite a good laugh together... so I think we should thank you! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its good that you can laugh at players that have won the CL. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5th

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

traore, kewell... your just listing european champions wicom. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shame they're utter crud in the premiership eh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

secondary competition tbh.

and anyway, did arsenal win the premiership this year? 1st is 1st, second is nowhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your just begging him to come back and say "and 5th is..." aren't you? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

no the hardcore won't change their minds, ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well the hardcore obviously won't change their mind, but there seems to be quite a few people floating about undecided.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

yeah Rooney and Ronaldo call themselves stars and not a Champions League win between em. I wish we had the Liverpool All-Stars like Djimi to warm our reserve team bench icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf we have got Miller/Bellion icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf Bellion scored more goals than Kewell last season. icon_smile.gif

second is nowhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wheres 5th? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nowhere. wheres your european cups?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That bit was pretty good wasn't it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<STRIKE>Manchester United </STRIKE>The club where they need 100 police to protect the owners Thread > Arsenal Thread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <STRIKE>Crimewatch UK</STRIKE> Liverpool Thread

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky:

<STRIKE>Manchester United </STRIKE>The club where they need 100 police to protect the owners Thread > Arsenal Thread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <STRIKE>Crimewatch UK</STRIKE> Liverpool Thread

So you admit it's still the best icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Charlton lifted by Glazers

by Adam Marshall - created on 30 Jun 2005

Sir Bobby Charlton claims Malcolm Glazer's sons have reassured him about the future of Manchester United.

The Old Trafford director, who was rumoured to be fired by the new regime in newspaper reports, met with Joel, Avi and Bryan Glazer during the Americans' trip to the club's home.

There were ugly scenes as supporters angrily voiced their opposition to the takeover on Wednesday night with the Theatre of Dreams, the label given to the ground by Charlton himself, never looking more inappropriate.

However, England's record goalscorer has warmed to the new owners as they showed some recognition for the club's illustrious history.

"They're not just names I know them and I've met them personally and I've spoken to them very personally," he told Sky Sports News.

"I spoke to them as forthright as I could be and they gave me all the answers that I wanted really.

"Absolutely [do they have the best interests of the club at heart]. They are very proud of what's happened and proud they've been able to acquire Manchester United. They are business people when all is said and done and there is no way you can stop it. The deal was done and you have to learn to live with that.

"I think the well-being of Manchester United is paramount in their thinking.

"I apologised if there was anything wrong last night. The fans, with all the best will in the world, we want them to behave themselves and act in a grown-up and civilised manner; some of the lads said it was the police but there's no place for it. I apologised for them and hope I don't have to apologise again.

"They are very happy with what they've got," he continued. "They see that it's going to be very successful.

"All the things I tried to put across and they might not know because they might not be football people, they were very receptive to." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nowhere. wheres your european cups? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you've once again missed the basic point that the mark of a good team is judged better in league position than performance in a cup competition.

Dunno why I'm bothering though

So you admit it's still the best icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its funnier in here, for sure. icon14.gif

where's all your big name signings that were being promised?

even all your transfer targets realise how lucky you were ffs, no one wants to touch you with a barge pole icon_biggrin.gif

Its funnier in here, for sure. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true - you've seen to that! Cheered my afternoon up anyway. icon14.gif

I think you've once again missed the basic point that the mark of a good team is judged better in league position than performance in a cup competition.

Dunno why I'm bothering though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you have to stop their giros and then tell them. they listen then.

so youd rather finish second than win club footballs greatest competition? im not saying liverpool are better than arsenal or utd, its clearly not the case- were sh*t. but still, were the champions of europe.

Already posted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry i hadn't seen it before.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

you have to stop their giros and then tell them. they listen then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

awesome icon14.gif

Baronsmongboy, have you been writing to Sky Sports?

Glazer is a breath of fresh air in the Premiership. He will improve Man Utd's financial position and will bring top players to the club. He'll establish a fresh era of National and European domination. Glazer's arrival will rejuvenate Man Utd.

Guillaume, London

where's all your big name signings that were being promised?

even all your transfer targets realise how lucky you were ffs, no one wants to touch you with a barge pole icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for every crouch and zenden weve been linked with has been a figo and raul.

noone knows who were going to buy, so passing comment before we do is pretty futile.

so youd rather finish second than win club footballs greatest competition? im not saying liverpool are better than arsenal or utd, its clearly not the case- were sh*t. but still, were the champions of europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No - but we'd rather win the league than win the CL. Or at least I'd rather we did.

I'd frankly be embarassed if we finished 5th regardless of what we did in the CL.

im not saying liverpool are better than arsenal or utd, its clearly not the case- were sh*t. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got there in the end icon14.gif

And yes funnily enough we know you're champions of Europe.. but going into club threads of teams you admit are better, gloating relentlessly about it, is a bit stupid see?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

so youd rather finish second than win club footballs greatest competition? im not saying liverpool are better than arsenal or utd, its clearly not the case- were sh*t. but still, were the champions of europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No - but we'd rather win the league than win the CL. Or at least I'd rather we did.

I'd frankly be embarassed if we finished 5th regardless of what we did in the CL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah well you didnt win either so i guess its irrelevant.

figo - a has been

raul - scared of playing outside of madrid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my point is everyone were linked with is pure specualtion as the club are keeping everything under wraps, so mocking players we're 'signing' is probably the least productive way of winding up a liverpool fan you could ever imagine.

How's Diao doing these days? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

crap. hes crap. weve got loads of crap players. whats your point?

Figo?!

My bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Console yourselves after signing a 34+ yr old Gk. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who has been fb for Fulham and has experience in this division? Something which could be crucial when it comes to Figo settling in or not?

We were linked with Figo and most of us were'nt happy with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wouldnt be happy with us signing him. your missing my point completely.

Figo?!

My bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Console yourselves after signing a 34+ yr old Gk. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At his peak.

ah well you didnt win either so i guess its irrelevant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not going into other teams' threads and gloating. If spawning your way to a trophy is all you're interested in then that's good for you. I love the actual game... so I can derive benefit from merely watching my team play probably the most entertaining football in europe.

figo - a has been

raul - scared of playing outside of madrid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my point is everyone were linked with is pure specualtion as the club are keeping everything under wraps, so mocking players we're 'signing' is probably the least productive way of winding up a liverpool fan you could ever imagine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the point is that for European Cha,mpions the quality of targets for the summer has been of such a p*ss poor standard that even if I were a Sperz fan i'd be unhappy about it.

You may not sign the useless triumverate but the very fact that you're linked with them is hilarious.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Liverpool transfer dealings under Gerard Houllier (appointed sole manager 12.11.98):

IN: Ferri (£1.5m), Kippe (£700,000), Song (£2.7m), Traore (£550,000), Camara (£2.8m), Hyypia (£2.6m), Meijer (free), Henchoz (£3.5m), Westerveld (£4m), Hamann (£8m), Smicer (£4m), Heskey (£11m), Diomede (£3m), Babbel (free), Arphexad (free), McAllister (free), Barmby (£6m), Ziege (£5.5m), Vignal (£500,000), Sjolund (£1m), Biscan (£5.5m), Litmanen (free), Riise (£4m), Baros (£3.4m), Dudek (£4.85m), Kirkland (£6m), Anelka (loan), Xavier (£800,000), Le Tallec and Simana-Pongolet (£6m for both), Diarra (free), Cheyrou (£4m), Diao (£4m), Diouf (£10m), Luzi (loan), Finnan (£3.5m), Kewell (£7m). TOTAL: £116m.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

ah well you didnt win either so i guess its irrelevant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not going into other teams' threads and gloating. If spawning your way to a trophy is all you're interested in then that's good for you. I love the actual game... so I can derive benefit from merely watching my team play probably the most entertaining football in europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd tip my hat to Barcelona tbh. If you're talking about EUROPE.

I'd tip my hat to Barcelona tbh. If you're talking about EUROPE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I did say probably... and that's your opinion, but well done for missing the point.

Archived