Fine players and finance

Hi , I was wondering if fining players can be found on the financial page , to know how much exactly I have fined players over a season. And does fines affect the income of the club?  since the wage has been cut from the paid salary , the expenditures should appear to be lower than before the fine.

If anyone found anything about this issue , please tell me .

Thank you .

12 minutes ago, janrzm said:

Fines have been removed from the game. 

I think that it is only fines for poor performance that have been removed, Fines for absence and red and yellow cards that are set up in the code of conduct etc are still there

13 hours ago, janrzm said:

Fines have been removed from the game. 

I assumed this was a bug. Is there official confirmation from SI as to why they've been removed? Fining players for under performance etc was something I used to do fairly often. It also helped increase work rate and determination. 

19 minutes ago, TheMattB81 said:

I assumed this was a bug. Is there official confirmation from SI as to why they've been removed? Fining players for under performance etc was something I used to do fairly often. It also helped increase work rate and determination. 

Fines are in the game, but fines for poor performances has been removed as FIFA (and later CAS in one case) has deemed it illegal. I've earlier posted an article about it, but in summary it's because performance is not an objective metric, and thus you can't fine based on it.

And SI said the increased work rate and determination was essentially an exploit, so it was a good thing they removed it, in that regard.

11 minutes ago, XaW said:

Fines are in the game, but fines for poor performances has been removed as FIFA (and later CAS in one case) has deemed it illegal. I've earlier posted an article about it, but in summary it's because performance is not an objective metric, and thus you can't fine based on it.

And SI said the increased work rate and determination was essentially an exploit, so it was a good thing they removed it, in that regard.

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess when you talk about it like that, you have a point.

14 hours ago, XaW said:

It used to be an exploit, but it was already nerfed so much in FM23 that I don't see that as a reason to remove it totally.

3 hours ago, Meanonsunday said:

It used to be an exploit, but it was already nerfed so much in FM23 that I don't see that as a reason to remove it totally.

Well, the illegal part of it covers that, I think.

• 4 weeks later...

In England yes, because the players union negotiated that.  Do rules in one country now apply to the whole world?

When it's FIFA that banned performance-based fines for all football carried out under its purview (so all league and international football), yes.

In England yes, because the players union negotiated that.  Do rules in one country now apply to the whole world?

No, because it was a case with a Greek team that was taken to CAS (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/banishment-andor-fining-footballer-poor-performance). Got nothing to do with England, but everything to do with all countries that are part of FIFA. Not sure why this is a hill you are willing to die on?

On 22/11/2023 at 03:11, Meanonsunday said:

It was still pretty powerful. I think it should be moved to criticising poor performances but nerfed further.

On 14/12/2023 at 13:55, XaW said:

No, because it was a case with a Greek team that was taken to CAS (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/banishment-andor-fining-footballer-poor-performance). Got nothing to do with England, but everything to do with all countries that are part of FIFA. Not sure why this is a hill you are willing to die on?

SI specifically stated that it was removed based on a request from the PFA and because the PFA contract forbade it.  You can disagree without being a drama queen about it, talking about dying on hills and acting like it’s a personal insult if someone disagrees with you.

12 minutes ago, Meanonsunday said:

SI specifically stated that it was removed based on a request from the PFA and because the PFA contract forbade it.  You can disagree without being a drama queen about it, talking about dying on hills and acting like it’s a personal insult if someone disagrees with you.

It was an inevitable they would be removed due to legality . No request needed.

Also regarding OP fines to players. Most clubs don't profit from fines - they go into charity funds.

I'd imagine that the fines just reduce your wage expenditure and that's it. Probably not shown anywhere specifically but that's coming from someone who hasn't looked and still playing FM22 as I'm not done with a long term save before going to FM23 which was free. I've only just started fining players recently. I never realised it had much effect. I certainly haven't noticed all that much difference personally. Maybe doing it consistently over a few years I will notice it more with younger players. Even with fines I'm suffering the same slump in form I did last season at the exact same moment 😂. Oh well, looks like Bayern Munich will win the league again. 

Edited by mdaw1985