Come on seriously. Half the squad spitting their dummies out

I've had similar crazy reactions. Player reactions and dynamics seem like more of a lottery this year. I had a team meeting when top of the Championship as Boro, playing pretty well, just before a rivalry match with Leeds. I told the players they were doing well and to keep up the good work and the entire dressing room turned against me. I've no idea how you're supposed to predict player reactions when even praising them for being in a good position can go so horribly wrong.

19 minutes ago, FrazT said:

This has been reported and acknowledged as a known issue

That’s good to hear. They should scrap players moaning to the manager about a lack of depth in a certain area because it just wouldn’t happen. Can you imagine Man City players going to pep with that or Liverpool players going to klopp. They’d be told to concentrate on their football, maybe allow us to say that. 😀

Edited by Wizard boy

5 hours ago, FrazT said:

This has been reported and acknowledged as a known issue

Seriously? 

I don't see much wrong with it to be honest, players and management will have meetings all the time to discuss things like this. I'm not sure the OP's 'all hell breaks loose' is particularly accurate. You just deal with it and move on, and your reputation and standing within the squad will determine what you can get away with. I think how it's presented could be worded better, however. 

The only thing that would be bugged about that is if the players continued to be in a strop for months afterwards. I has a similar thing after getting knocked out the Scottish Cup earlier. Spoke to the players, had a clear the air, and we all moved on. A couple of weeks later and there's no lingering unhappiness, and not even any promises to keep. 

I reckon a LOT worse goes on behind closed doors at football clubs than what you see in the game. Especially with the higher profile players. 

41 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Seriously? 

I don't see much wrong with it to be honest, players and management will have meetings all the time to discuss things like this. I'm not sure the OP's 'all hell breaks loose' is particularly accurate. You just deal with it and move on, and your reputation and standing within the squad will determine what you can get away with. I think how it's presented could be worded better, however. 

The only thing that would be bugged about that is if the players continued to be in a strop for months afterwards. I has a similar thing after getting knocked out the Scottish Cup earlier. Spoke to the players, had a clear the air, and we all moved on. A couple of weeks later and there's no lingering unhappiness, and not even any promises to keep. 

I reckon a LOT worse goes on behind closed doors at football clubs than what you see in the game. Especially with the higher profile players. 

I know what you’re saying and usually it’s ok to just manage through it, however there are certainly outliers which need review imo.

For example - I’m half way through my second season, no issues seen.  Out of the blue I get almost my entire senior squad come to me telling me they aren’t happy with the number of goalkeepers in the squad (why not during a transfer window?).  I’ve always had 3 in the senior squad (at the time, Areola #1; Rulli Backup and another homegrown younger player I’m bringing through - the same as the real life squad other than Rulli) with further younger players in the youth squads.  In real life that’s how many the first team squad has and at relative quality of player.  I’ve had no (major) injuries to my keepers and at the time none.  For context my manager is set up with max rep/badges, attributes maxed out in relevant categories during setup and - up until this point - no players against me in Dynamics, with around a third in full support of me.  We’re also doing well in the league.  There is no reason that I can see why I suddenly get almost the entire first team squad upset with the keeper situation.

I managed it - some weren’t happy, some were after the talk - but they shouldn’t have become upset in the first place.  For me this is where the issue lies - these type of unrealistic outliers. (I say “unrealistic” here because in game I have the same number and quality of keeper as the real team does, arguably a little better).

Perhaps they’d just heard about the keeper injury bug and wanted extra cover :D.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Seriously? 

I can understand if we lost to someone like Leyton Orient but not Liverpool. 

I don't see much wrong with that example really. You're at a big club, with ambitious players hoping (and maybe even wanting and expecting) to win trophies, you've not done that plus been eliminated by a team (Liverpool) who would be expected to be one of your main competitors when it comes to winning..... It could be worded much much better, but that is basically the players having a wobble and doubting whether you're the guy who can get the job done and the trophies won.

@herne79's example is a much better example of an underlying issue that needs looking at, along with the much publicised examples where users are getting hammered for eg. lack of options in defence when they have 6+ centre backs already on the books, the OP scenario in my opinion just needs SI to polish the interaction.

I am gonna give it more time but I also think this my be a flaw in the current game.

In every previous game I have ALWAYS a very good dressing room atmosphere, its quite easy to do, however in this one the squad morale is allegedly very poor - despite players individual happiness being good and responses to team meetings always being positive.

I am going to keep an eye on it but I have noticed it this time around and it interesting that the op has flagged it up.

On another note I do thin k the whole player interaction thing needs a complete overhaul as some as the interactions are utterly stupid  and unrealistic. Either fix it or remove it from the game completely.

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Seriously? 

I reported an extreme example of squad unhappiness after the first defeat of the season ( after 38 games) and that was what I was advised in the Bugs forum.   Nobody doubts that this goes on behind the scenes, but it is  clear that  current context is not being fully recognised before the squad over-reacts

7 hours ago, Stevo_99 said:

I am gonna give it more time but I also think this my be a flaw in the current game.

In every previous game I have ALWAYS a very good dressing room atmosphere, its quite easy to do, however in this one the squad morale is allegedly very poor - despite players individual happiness being good and responses to team meetings always being positive.

I am going to keep an eye on it but I have noticed it this time around and it interesting that the op has flagged it up.

On another note I do thin k the whole player interaction thing needs a complete overhaul as some as the interactions are utterly stupid  and unrealistic. Either fix it or remove it from the game completely.

It’s needed overhauling for years. Just ridiculous that you only really have criticise, threaten or give in to they’re demands. Found it hilarious that when I was just starting a match where players say what they think of the lineup and my goalie said he thought my other goalie should have started. 😂🤣

17 hours ago, Mike J said:

I've had similar crazy reactions. Player reactions and dynamics seem like more of a lottery this year. I had a team meeting when top of the Championship as Boro, playing pretty well, just before a rivalry match with Leeds. I told the players they were doing well and to keep up the good work and the entire dressing room turned against me. I've no idea how you're supposed to predict player reactions when even praising them for being in a good position can go so horribly wrong.

TBF to them, that's your fault. You cant expect professional players to react positively when made aware of expectations of them. That would be too realistic. Maybe in FM 2030, if they have time left over after the data hub's 10th minor update

56 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

A famous manager once said there will always be a third of your squad who will always be unhappy regardless of your performances.

That's probably true, but it's the reasons that are frustrating. In any squad there'll be 1 or 2 players who don't like your training, a couple who want more game time, maybe a few who want new contracts or want to leave, and that probably adds up to about a third overall. The problem is when really minor or random things torpedo your dynamics for ne logical reason. I can handle a player coming to me wanting more playing time when their contract says they should be a starter but I've signed a better player in their position. That's my fault and something I can understand and attempt to fix.

Having the whole squad threaten to attack you because you told them they were playing pretty well recently is just a bizarre reaction with no rhyme or reason to it. It feels like the problem is the game includes random elements in any interaction, to simulate real life, but they can sometimes lead to completely unrealistic outcomes. There should be a natural limit to how extreme certain reactions can be. If I tell a squad that's doing well that I'm happy with their form, maybe one or two don't care, a couple might think we could be doing a little better, but I wouldn't expect anything like the anger I got in my game. 

Lol I took a star player didn’t like his complaints around lack of playing time, dumped him into the B squad for half a season. He openly resents me, then when I bring him back play him in a couple of matches, he signs the contract I want him to sign, and he still resents me.

Player interactions can be fun, there are certainly bugs like asking for roles to be filled that are already filled as part of contractual terms, and that’s only a problem if you fall for the need to include them. I never do and I never care how my player interact. As long as the club meets its goals, I will rather shoot a player before I release him to another club if our goals are not met yet. The game has bigger issues than interactions. If players open the Pandora’s box that is player interactions, they better be prepared to deal with the fallout. If they don’t want to deal with it, ignorance is bliss.

Unhappy players are part and parcel of the game. Anyone remember the story of Dan James from Swansea?

No disrespect to the OP but it feels like some people want 0 roadblocks or challenges in the game. 

lets be real, locker rooms turn on coaches all the time, and you are not klopp or guardiola. 

this is part of the game, figuring out a way around it, im pretty sure if u just continue to do what u do, results will come and the locker room will cool down. 

It is looking like I'm about to have an issue with one of my players who is a team leader in the squad hierarchy. 'Feels time is running out to start playing in his preferred position and role' - so firstly I don't remember making any promises that committed to this. Secondly he is playing in his preferred position, centre-back, but his preferred role is wide centre back. Now my team plays with a back four so as I understand it the wide centre back role only works with a back 3 and I'm not about to change the whole formation to keep him happy. 

So whilst maybe not playing in his preferred role is a legitimate gripe, although I would question this in terms of something so specific as a wide centre back, my concern is when he finally complains about this and depending on what options I have to respond to him, to basically say get on with it, and then he kicks off and then I have a dressing room revolt over how I've treated such a respected member of the squad. 

Instances so far have tended to be either about playing time, which doesn't tend to escalate beyond the player himself, to wanting an improved contract usually to a ridiculous increase and these do then generally escalate quite quickly to the rest of the dressing room and a showdown with the more respected members of the squad pleading his case. Which again I don't think is very realistic but I could be wrong and fair enough, but what is frustrating is the responses offered - a simple 'he wants too much money' or 'I offered him a contract and he turned it down' aren't an option. It is either a complete backdown and you say OK I was wrong he can have what he wants or you basically are telling them to p*** off and upsetting everyone. Incidentally I imagine if this happened in real life they would be told to p*** off... There is one response which is wait until the end of the season and we will discuss then, which occasionally works, but also can leave the player insulted or offended and usually the response from the squad is we think he should get a new contract now. All well and good but again not very realistic in my opinion, particularly if we are near the end of the season anyway...

So if player unhappiness is going to be this volatile the options for responding need to be looked at and improved.

Incidentally on the wide centre back role there seems to be a lot of centre backs in the game with this has their best role, so if recruiting for a centre back to play in a back 4 should I avoid these in case 6 months down the line he starts moaning?

1 hour ago, gibson147 said:

Incidentally on the wide centre back role there seems to be a lot of centre backs in the game with this has their best role, so if recruiting for a centre back to play in a back 4 should I avoid these in case 6 months down the line he starts moaning?

I never let that be included in any contract negotiation. 

6 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

I never let that be included in any contract negotiation. 

Makes sense and would be something I will do when recruiting new players. The player I'm about to have an issue with was already at the club and whilst I did renew his contract I don't remember anything about having a preferred role, maybe I missed that...

People miss this all the time when it comes to contracts, loans, etc. It's something you need to keep a close eye on.  Everything in a contract negotiation is basically a promise - from the weekly wage down to the position and role a player expects to play. The promise about roles isn't on the main contract negotiation screen though, it's the screen before this, ie the one where you agree playing time and pathways. A lot of people get caught with this screen as there's a lot of important extras that can appear underneath, from role promises, to promises about loaning the player out, and the worst one of all - the promise to strengthen a particular area of the squad. I always try and remove this, as my interpretation of squad strengthening might not be the same as the player's! 

8 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

People miss this all the time when it comes to contracts, loans, etc. It's something you need to keep a close eye on.  Everything in a contract negotiation is basically a promise - from the weekly wage down to the position and role a player expects to play. The promise about roles isn't on the main contract negotiation screen though, it's the screen before this, ie the one where you agree playing time and pathways. A lot of people get caught with this screen as there's a lot of important extras that can appear underneath, from role promises, to promises about loaning the player out, and the worst one of all - the promise to strengthen a particular area of the squad. I always try and remove this, as my interpretation of squad strengthening might not be the same as the player's! 

Yes, I reckon this is what happened when I renewed the contract I must have missed his request to play in his preferred role - which is my own fault but at least I know now.

8 hours ago, Rashidi said:

A famous manager once said there will always be a third of your squad who will always be unhappy regardless of your performances.

Tbh that's where FM is pretty ludicrous in both directions. Dead easy to keep most of your squad on Perfect morale by being on course to hit your season target (which might be being relegated) and dishing out occasional praise, and rarely any hint of nerves or personal problems or desire to be more than a squad player, but then you praise their passing instead of their finishing or accidentally promise to play youth players and then buy better players like they originally asked for instead and they'll sulk about their "treatment" like you gave them a massive dressing down and threw their new contract in the bin

9 hours ago, Dadecane said:

No disrespect to the OP but it feels like some people want 0 roadblocks or challenges in the game. 

lets be real, locker rooms turn on coaches all the time, and you are not klopp or guardiola. 

this is part of the game, figuring out a way around it, im pretty sure if u just continue to do what u do, results will come and the locker room will cool down. 

If Spurs are top of the league in January but then lose a 4th round FA Cup tie to Liverpool they aren't kicking off. Quite a few would be seeing the benefit.

It's a completely flawed mechanic.

3 minutes ago, Divvy said:

If Spurs are top of the league in January but then lose a 4th round FA Cup tie to Liverpool they aren't kicking off. Quite a few would be seeing the benefit.

It's a completely flawed mechanic.

What's flawed is the language people on here use to describe what is actually happening. The squad aren't 'kicking off'. Contrary to what the OP says, 'hell' hasn't 'broken loose' - The players have just simply requested a meeting with the manager to discuss the objectives that were set at the start of the season in the wake of a cup defeat. You have the meeting, and you deal with it then move on. It's all part of the game. If players are sulking in the immediate aftermath, they'll get over it soon enough when you are successfully moving towards the next target. 

All player interaction becomes too much of a chore in long terms saves. And even if you just say No or DECLINE everyone it wont prevent you from winning. If they are on long terms deals you dont have to sell or give new contracts.

Morale and Dynamics are severally overrated by the FM community. Someone complains about losing, first response is always what your morale whats your dynamics. It is complete HOGWASH.

If you got the players and the tactics. Go test for yourself. Just holiday an entire season which makes every player request auto decline which gives them the negative morale arrow. You will still win the league and cups and Europe etc

Fm23 I played in Hungary into mid 2050s and interactions just become too much that and million emails plus the way they go through a day is ANNOYING. It should be 1 click for 1 day if there are no games or deadline days or registration stuff going on. Honestly they need another option besides holiday. It should be skip to day before match and then present me with all your problems and to do lists etc. Why are we forced to smash space bar a million times every single day. Like serious WTF. 

Well what was i Saying yes Hungary 2050s I completl stopped having any player interactions before the 2040s. It was just too much. Everything was No or DECLINE or I dont care. It didnt stop us from winning leagues or cupsd in nation and certainly didnt stop us from playing in Champions leagues finals and still got the league to #5 in Europe. My entire match day squad would either want new contracts or constantly transferred. Nope you got 5 years plus 3 yr extension eat crap.

We never had losing streaks. We had close games or loss matches against other elite top 5 world class talent teams just like we should have.

hence dynamics and morale is completely overrated. I am not saying it doesnt impact our game at all but i am betting it is extremely minimum impact.

10 hours ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

All player interaction becomes too much of a chore in long terms saves. And even if you just say No or DECLINE everyone it wont prevent you from winning. If they are on long terms deals you dont have to sell or give new contracts.

Morale and Dynamics are severally overrated by the FM community. Someone complains about losing, first response is always what your morale whats your dynamics. It is complete HOGWASH.

If you got the players and the tactics. Go test for yourself. Just holiday an entire season which makes every player request auto decline which gives them the negative morale arrow. You will still win the league and cups and Europe etc

Fm23 I played in Hungary into mid 2050s and interactions just become too much that and million emails plus the way they go through a day is ANNOYING. It should be 1 click for 1 day if there are no games or deadline days or registration stuff going on. Honestly they need another option besides holiday. It should be skip to day before match and then present me with all your problems and to do lists etc. Why are we forced to smash space bar a million times every single day. Like serious WTF. 

Well what was i Saying yes Hungary 2050s I completl stopped having any player interactions before the 2040s. It was just too much. Everything was No or DECLINE or I dont care. It didnt stop us from winning leagues or cupsd in nation and certainly didnt stop us from playing in Champions leagues finals and still got the league to #5 in Europe. My entire match day squad would either want new contracts or constantly transferred. Nope you got 5 years plus 3 yr extension eat crap.

We never had losing streaks. We had close games or loss matches against other elite top 5 world class talent teams just like we should have.

hence dynamics and morale is completely overrated. I am not saying it doesnt impact our game at all but i am betting it is extremely minimum impact.

To summarize; you can send your assistant to do all halftime or pregame talks and it wont change your experience whatsoever. So yeah, its more a feature for those who want that extra immersion/chore. Its not completely linked to success, or lack of, at all. 

17 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

To summarize; you can send your assistant to do all halftime or pregame talks and it wont change your experience whatsoever. So yeah, its more a feature for those who want that extra immersion/chore. Its not completely linked to success, or lack of, at all. 

However the media still sends you a ton of emails that you either answer or ignore but either way it is more clicks for the human. long term saves we are talking tens of thousands of clicks

fm has so many needless clicks its crazy

13 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

What's flawed is the language people on here use to describe what is actually happening. The squad aren't 'kicking off'. Contrary to what the OP says, 'hell' hasn't 'broken loose' - The players have just simply requested a meeting with the manager to discuss the objectives that were set at the start of the season in the wake of a cup defeat. You have the meeting, and you deal with it then move on. It's all part of the game. If players are sulking in the immediate aftermath, they'll get over it soon enough when you are successfully moving towards the next target. 

Think you'll find the only way out of this situation and I have tested this, is to make a promise. Even then you can make a promise and the problem still won't go away. Therefore I quite agree all hell has broken loose

Here's my example, I did a team meeting before pre season all morale was perfect I left my friendly games to my assistant and come back to this....

If that isn't all hell breaking loose about something I didn't even do I dunno what is

Untitled-2.png

Perhaps you are making a bit much of it bro. It just says they were confused by your team talk. Ok and? That goes away after a few results bro. Any concern from players about a certain team talk during ONE game goes away 2-3 weeks later. Its not a big deal, and its not all hell broken loose either. 

Just now, Dadecane said:

Perhaps you are making a bit much of it bro. It just says they were confused by your team talk. Ok and? That goes away after a few results bro. Any concern from players about a certain team talk during ONE game goes away 2-3 weeks later. Its not a big deal, and its not all hell broken loose either. 

I'm now in November and it hasn't gone away, I've had to sell Modest to get rid of it. Not to mention I wasn't even the one who gave the team talk I wasn't even in charge of the game?

4 minutes ago, SkipIJH said:

I'm now in November and it hasn't gone away, I've had to sell Modest to get rid of it. Not to mention I wasn't even the one who gave the team talk I wasn't even in charge of the game?

Gotcha. Well you should upload that in the bug tracker, a discomfort with a certain team talk shouldnt last very long. Usually even goes away with your next team talk. Even when I berate my players and they get pissed off and go to the media with it, I get them to drop their anger no more than 2-3 games later. Seems like an isolated incident youre having. 

1 minute ago, Dadecane said:

Gotcha. Well you should upload that in the bug tracker, a discomfort with a certain team talk shouldnt last very long. Usually even goes away with your next team talk. Even when I berate my players and they get pissed off and go to the media with it, I get them to drop their anger no more than 2-3 games later. Seems like an isolated incident youre having. 

Tbh I've only recently starting letting my assistant take the friendly games I usually do play them but since I stopped caring about winning Friendly's anymore I figured I may as well just leave them to him. Weird thing is though I've still been winning, were top of the league, in the FA Cup 3rd Qualifying round and unbeaten all season so yeah probably is a bug. Just frustrating that my morale won't go up which obviously causes an issue with my board targets as they don't see me as having a happy squad

27 minutes ago, SkipIJH said:

Why did you have to sell him? Just because a player is irked at a team talk doesn't mean you can't continue to play him. I've had that before and it has minimal, if any, impact on performance. Of course, if it's a serial moaner at your club, it can be a good idea to move him on. 

Whilst I agree that the unhappiness shouldn't last that long (that needs looked at), it's a bit of an overreaction on your part. His morale is even still listed as 'fair'!! 

Also, it's still nowhere in the vicinity of 'all hell breaking loose' - it's one player slightly miffed about a team talk. :lol:

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Why did you have to sell him? Just because a player is irked at a team talk doesn't mean you can't continue to play him. I've had that before and it has minimal, if any, impact on performance. Of course, if it's a serial moaner at your club, it can be a good idea to move him on. 

Whilst I agree that the unhappiness shouldn't last that long (that needs looked at), it's a bit of an overreaction on your part. His morale is even still listed as 'fair'!! 

Also, it's still nowhere in the vicinity of 'all hell breaking loose' - it's one player slightly miffed about a team talk. :lol:

The team morale wasn't going up at all, the board were starting to get a little miffed as time went by. As I said results have been fine luckily not sure if that's down to this in fact just being a bug and morale on paper is fine or I've just luckily built a good squad, be interesting to see if results were not going my way how this would effect my job security.

Depends how you look at it, in my eyes this is indeed a massive problem I have a player that's dragging majority of my squad down which as we've established shouldn't last this long but it is so for now it's something you have to deal with

57 minutes ago, SkipIJH said:

I left my friendly games to my assistant

48 minutes ago, SkipIJH said:

Not to mention I wasn't even the one who gave the team talk I wasn't even in charge of the game

I'm afraid there's your problem.  Managers don't leave friendlies up to their assistants.  If we do in game and our assistant makes a hash of things then we need to deal with the fallout.  I agree the issue shouldn't hang around for as long as it has but you can't just point the finger of blame at the game here.

19 minutes ago, SkipIJH said:

in my eyes this is indeed a massive problem

19 minutes ago, SkipIJH said:

results have been fine

It's not a massive problem if results have been fine :thup:.

13 minutes ago, herne79 said:

I'm afraid there's your problem.  Managers don't leave friendlies up to their assistants.  If we do in game and our assistant makes a hash of things then we need to deal with the fallout.  I agree the issue shouldn't hang around for as long as it has but you can't just point the finger of blame at the game here.

To play devils advocate ive never not once in my life in fm played a friendly myself. I give all of them, every single one of them, to my assistant. Just dont feel like wasting time in a game that wont count for anything. And ive never ever had this issue happen to me. 

to be fair, I always make sure my assistant has 15 or higher man management. That means he knows how to handle a group, and usually wont say something he shouldnt. 

ive never ever had any effect, positive or negative, from giving my assman the friendlies. 

1 hour ago, SkipIJH said:

The team morale wasn't going up at all, the board were starting to get a little miffed as time went by. As I said results have been fine

What were the board 'miffed' about if the results were fine? Sound like you're making a mountain out of a molehill to me. 

1 hour ago, Dadecane said:

To play devils advocate ive never not once in my life in fm played a friendly myself. I give all of them, every single one of them, to my assistant. Just dont feel like wasting time in a game that wont count for anything. And ive never ever had this issue happen to me. 

to be fair, I always make sure my assistant has 15 or higher man management. That means he knows how to handle a group, and usually wont say something he shouldnt. 

ive never ever had any effect, positive or negative, from giving my assman the friendlies. 

I agree.  I usually let my AM handle friendlies too, once I've ironed out any tactical issues anyway.  My point is that if we let the AM take over it's still our responsibility if the AM cocks it up :D.

7 hours ago, herne79 said:

I'm afraid there's your problem.  Managers don't leave friendlies up to their assistants.

In reality is Jose Mourinho travelling with the 2nd string side he's sending to Kidderminster Harriers for a pre season friendly? I've seen many times in real life managers not travelling for friendly games

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

What were the board 'miffed' about if the results were fine? Sound like you're making a mountain out of a molehill to me. 

Board were slightly annoyed at team morale and me not having the backing of the squad which is true I didn't

7 hours ago, Dadecane said:

I'm currently in the 8th tier I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to get an assistant that good sadly 

14 minutes ago, SkipIJH said:

In reality is Jose Mourinho travelling with the 2nd string side he's sending to Kidderminster Harriers for a pre season friendly? I've seen many times in real life managers not travelling for friendly games

In reality I’m pretty sure Roma didn’t play away at Kidderminster in a pre season friendly :D.

Joking aside, we all agree the length of time that players remained upset is too much but sending an AM in your place is your responsibility.

1 hour ago, SkipIJH said:

Board were slightly annoyed at team morale and me not having the backing of the squad which is true I didn't

But your team morale from the image you shared was absolutely fine, not a single player below a neutral level of morale, and most in the 'quite good' category. 

On 20/11/2023 at 10:14, Dadecane said:

But make the roadblocks realistic. Players going off at the manager in that way isn't realistic when everything else is performing positively.

Team and player conversations have been crap for sometime now. 

Not surprised this still exists in FM24, but will it come FM25?

On 20/11/2023 at 23:04, JimmysTheBestCop said:

Use "continue time-out" option. It's changed the way I play FM for the better ever since I've started using it a few years ago.

On 21/11/2023 at 10:29, herne79 said:

I don't use my AM for matches or media but I still think a mechanic where the players get angry at you for something the other guy did shouldn't be that way 

The negative consequences of the AM doing it should be that they're suboptimal motivators who don't make good tactical tweaks or sensible substitutions, not that they fall out with everyone on your behalf

I know it's been raised on the bug fix list and I know bugs aren't to be posted here, my post is more frustration and me just needing to vent.

This issue is so annoying, it's game breaking. I've had it 3 times so far where squad depth issue causes a mutiny in my team and it's getting to the point where I don't want to play until a fix is out.

SI make a great game year after year so it's really disappointing how much of an issue this is causing me. I've been trying to buy the in-game editor to resolve the problem as a last resort but Steam somehow keeps on rejecting my card now too. Seems like I'll be reducing my FM time until the patch is out in a few weeks.....