The game is completely broken

ru9a

I have been playing this game for over twenty years, but have never been as disappointed as I am with this edition. I have understood that the game has become easier from previous editions (which is really boring), but this year takes all sorts of prizes. It really doesn't matter what tactics I play with, I still win 90% of the matches. And when I say any tactic, I really mean it (2-3-5, 5-5-0 and all kind of crazy tactics). And NO I don't use high pressure/high line.I know those settings and are completely destroyed in terms of winning every game.

I don't really know where to post this but my frustration and disappointment at not being able to enjoy this game anymore is huge. Can someone please give me some hope that the game will be harder after the next patch?

BR

Easy really depends. If you are a high reputation manager I guess its kind of easy. But if you start at a lower reputation you will have a player mutiny every other week. Player A thinks there is bad cover on centre back (even though you have 10). And 12 other players join in and everything goes to !£$€. Moral is so important in FM24 and unless you have Klopp / Guardiola like reputation one little misstep can derail the entire season.

13 minutes ago, Butters76 said:

Easy really depends. If you are a high reputation manager I guess its kind of easy. But if you start at a lower reputation you will have a player mutiny every other week. Player A thinks there is bad cover on centre back (even though you have 10). And 12 other players join in and everything goes to !£$€. Moral is so important in FM24 and unless you have Klopp / Guardiola like reputation one little misstep can derail the entire season.

I am always starting with a bad reputation and still manage to win almost every game. 

Honestly, the hyperbole without context is crazy. 

People's experiences seem to vary - spacer.png

Without knowing all of the details for your save's it's impossible to glean anything meaningful from it - maybe try a save starting as the lowest reputation team possible in the default database? If you win the Champions League (or equivalent) without missing a beat then I guess yes, we could say the game is completely broken. 

1 hour ago, mellman said:

Honestly, the hyperbole without context is crazy. 

People's experiences seem to vary - spacer.png

Without knowing all of the details for your save's it's impossible to glean anything meaningful from it - maybe try a save starting as the lowest reputation team possible in the default database? If you win the Champions League (or equivalent) without missing a beat then I guess yes, we could say the game is completely broken. 

There's no point trying to argue with me on this, I'm clearly not the only one who experiences this. That another person (who also seems to be the only person in the world) who started a thread has a problem with their team is just the exception that proves the rule.

How is it going for your teams? Let me know :-)

6 minutes ago, ru9a said:

There's no point trying to argue with me on this, I'm clearly not the only one who experiences this. That another person (who also seems to be the only person in the world) who started a thread has a problem with their team is just the exception that proves the rule.

Who are you playing as?

13 minutes ago, ru9a said:

Colchester, and was stacking up 10-12 victories in a row before I was tired of it.

I've no idea how good Colchester are these days. Using default tactics and just letting the game play itself should result in roughly them achieving their expected outcome. If you're significantly over-achieving without even trying to do anything, that is a big problem.

I'm not very good at the tactical side of the game at all and usually struggle first season, get frustrated and download a tactic and eventually the weight of improvement in the players overpowers the tactics and I end up being successful. You do have to self-impose realism on the transfers and squad building or it does get too easy.

Just now, busngabb said:

To make the game more realistic for experienced players, transfers should be made more realistic. I.e elite level transfers are almost impossible to complete without 6 months to a year of negotiations behind the scenes. A high number of signings should also not be permitted. The transfer strategy should be defined when the manager is hired and kept to, i.e 'The club feels it needs two signings to compete, a midfielder and a young striker with potential'. You should then not be allowed to go and sign 4 wonderkid fullbacks as it's just ridiculously unrealistic and easy to achieve. Alternatively, unless you've done very well at a club, most of the transfer strategy and actual targeting of players should be done by the club and imposed on you. No way the Chelsea manager is choosing his own signings for example. That would also ramp up the difficulty and realism several notches.

But in what way can't you do this already?  No one is making you sign 8 wonderkids and you can set your DOF to make the transfers (I believe).

1 hour ago, busngabb said:

You have limitless power to do whatever you want in the game. Sack the entire staff and hire 5* staff (Relative to the club's level) across the board? Okay. Abuse future payments to spread your £30m budget into a £120 million one? Fine. Write off the impact of that debt by just making sure your club is bought out? Fine.

Yes, but you can also limit yourself by not doing any of these things. You don't need a difficulty setting, just some common sense with a side portion of self control. 

I have found the game to be more difficult than previous versions this year. It took me 3 seasons to get out of Scottish League 1, and I'm currently in season 7 struggling at the bottom of the Premiership. 

Here's the thing. I could easily have shot up the leagues and been challenging Celtic and playing in Europe by this point. However, I don't use any exploits, I stick to the tactics that are available in the game, I don't abuse the finances, I don't use the player search screen, so rely solely on scouts and DoF recommendations. I dont horde 'wonderkids', I don't save scum, I don't use downloaded set piece routines, I don't use 4231 gegenpress (and will never until the fix it for being ridiculously OP). 

This all makes the game miles more realistic and challenging, and is a better experience for it. And guess what? Done it all without stupid, artificial, gamey difficulty levels. 

If there is no point in ague why do you make a post?

if you use all the cheat possible to make it easy and than complain it’s too easy the problem all lye within your brain 

it’s a single player game you play it to have fun if you ruin your own fun every way possible exploiting the defect in a very complex game in my book you are just another moron 

Edited by Ngoc

I would love to know what happened to the improved AI Mangers which was promised as a major feature for FM23 can notice little difference in anything the AI managers do you can still stick in same plug and play tactics and massively overachieve it’s not realistic 

2 hours ago, ru9a said:

My first season I was picked to finish 1st in spanish third division, I finished 3rd. 

my second season picked to finish 1st, and I did. 

both those seasons I played in a club IRL favored to win that division, this year. I didnt do it til year 2. 

currently in yr 3, I have changed clubs, I am now in La Liga 2, and was picked to finish 14th. I am currently 11th but only 3 pts seperate 7th place and 17th. So I could be anywhere from fighting in a promotion playoffs or a relegation battle. 

do I think the game is easy? No I dont. I micromanage every single thing and delegate nothing, and I still struggle vs any team as good as me or better. Is it gettin easier than say fm22 was? Yeah it does feel that way. But fm22 was my first ever fm, so its me whose gotten much better than the game has gotten easier. 

either way the game MAY be easier than other editions, maybe. To say the game is completely broken is 100% absurd.

If some of the recognized “bugs” like squad building and rotation are fixed, the difficulty would be greater as well I think. 

Honestly speaking this bug of squad building rotation feel weird I see them doing substitution al the time yeah they are awful at rotation-player but were they so good in FM22 or FM23 i don't recall them being master of rotation ever before either 

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Yes, but you can also limit yourself by not doing any of these things. You don't need a difficulty setting, just some common sense with a side portion of self control. 

I have found the game to be more difficult than previous versions this year. It took me 3 seasons to get out of Scottish League 1, and I'm currently in season 7 struggling at the bottom of the Premiership. 

Here's the thing. I could easily have shot up the leagues and been challenging Celtic and playing in Europe by this point. However, I don't use any exploits, I stick to the tactics that are available in the game, I don't abuse the finances, I don't use the player search screen, so rely solely on scouts and DoF recommendations. I dont horde 'wonderkids', I don't save scum, I don't use downloaded set piece routines, I don't use 4231 gegenpress (and will never until the fix it for being ridiculously OP). 

This all makes the game miles more realistic and challenging, and is a better experience for it. And guess what? Done it all without stupid, artificial, gamey difficulty levels. 

You're doing it wrong, don't you know the game is "broken and unplayable" (sarcasm).

5 hours ago, ru9a said:

I've recently started a new save to try out some things.  I've read here that high pressing, super attacking tactics will win you all games.  Also that in leagues outside of England, Italy, Spain and Germany, it's so easy that it's impossible not to win the league with any team.  It's early days but not really going all that well (I'm FC Utrecht):

3.PNG.7df2c2126a20505d9ff0b680ed9b05d6.PNG

Edited by priority76

19 minutes ago, Conardo said:

First game which is completly broken, but i have fun and i enjoy it. 

Maybe one reason is, that i play more the game than reading here.

:onmehead:

I have no idea how ive logged in 100+ hours of amazing fun time since the early access with everything I read on here. It makes me wonder if I have the wrong game. 😂 

To be fair even the steam forum has countless people complaining the game is to easy (not the opposite that the game is to hard) maybe there is some truth in that but the game is as easy as you want it be, i have always found success in these games but i usually always manage top teams.

Edited by iAlwaysWin

7 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

To be fair even the steam forum has countless people complaining the game is to easy (not the opposite that the game is to hard) maybe there is some truth in that but the game is as easy as you want it be, i have always found success in these games but i usually always manage top teams.

I have been playing for 3-4 yrs, over 600+ hours in each edition and have only ever won 3 titles. Lol

La Liga 2 - Ibiza on FM22

Primera rfef (spanish 3rd div) - Ibiza on FM24

copa del rey - betis on fm22

betis is the biggest club ive ever coached on FM

Edited by Dadecane

1 minute ago, Dadecane said:

I have been playing for 3-4 yrs, over 600+ hours in each edition and have only ever won 3 titles. Lol

La Liga 2 - Ibiza on FM22

Primera rfef (spanish 3rd div) - Ibiza on FM24

copa del rey - betis on fm22

betis is the biggest club ive ever coached on FM

Betis are actually a really good club, i won the champions league with them, Fekir was a beast.

6 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Betis are actually a really good club, i won the champions league with them, Fekir was a beast.

I would of won more w them yeah, but I joined them deep into my save in fm22, I always start in ibiza (my hometown) and stick around until I get bored. That year, just before fm23 came out, I joined betis and in my 2nd yr w them made Europa semis, won copa, finished 3rd in liga and clinched ucl. Think I abandoned that save shortly after. In all my seasons combined, most of them w ibiza in 3rd div and la liga 2, ive only won 2 titles, la liga 2 once and 3rd div just this week on fm24 (season 2). 

38 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

countless mean 5-10 people over a gamplay of 20.000-60.000 at any time of the day... yep countless oh wait i just counted them,

and let me tell you those 10 love to brag how easy it is over and over and usually the people that cheat to make it easy like to show off so you can be sure 10 is more or less the full amount of them since they love to show it.

Edited by Ngoc

4 minutes ago, Ngoc said:

countless mean 5-10 people over a gamplay of 20.000-60.000 at any time of the day... yep countless oh wait i just counted them,

What are you saying exactly? The game is to easy? Or the game is to hard? Which is your stance on the situation? or do you just enjoy disagreeing without a view or opinion on the matter yourself?

Oh wait the guy who said theres nothing up with the Ai making subs, a known problem Si have already acknowledged and my very own game also backs this up, i think ill just ignore your silly comments.

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (14).png

Edited by iAlwaysWin

The game is easy in general because is very complex and for a player that tries it for the first time or that hasn't spent 500+ hours is absolutely not easy

for people who play 500+ hours is definitely on the easy side BUT you can make it challenging for yourself and keep it hard if you want to without annoying the majority of people who struggle because they didn't put in the hours to learn it

I know is hard for you to understand that a thing can be easy for a small group of nerds and right for the majority of people as probably you think you are the center of the world and all should be measured by your standard

but things can be easy and not so easy at the same time depending on who is doing it and since it's a game and games are for free time and relaxation I think it's easy enough to be pleasant

And if you want to make it hard for yourself YOU CAN! You can decide to use a strange tactic not shop for the best player not check the stats and make it extremely hard so it's actually pretty decent in the way that allows you to challenge yourself.

As I said I would love SI to add the auto-save and stuff I mentioned 3 posts above but that would be only for a small percentage of us 5%?10% so I rather they focus on stuff that all players (even the new one that find it hard already) can enjoy as I am smart enough to make my game harder if I want.

But I know that name you are not part of the bright one in the forum so I doubt you will understand what exactly I am saying. So I won't bother to answer you directly anymore.

9 hours ago, ru9a said:

I have been playing this game for over twenty years, but have never been as disappointed as I am with this edition. I have understood that the game has become easier from previous editions (which is really boring), but this year takes all sorts of prizes. It really doesn't matter what tactics I play with, I still win 90% of the matches. And when I say any tactic, I really mean it (2-3-5, 5-5-0 and all kind of crazy tactics). And NO I don't use high pressure/high line.I know those settings and are completely destroyed in terms of winning every game.

I don't really know where to post this but my frustration and disappointment at not being able to enjoy this game anymore is huge. Can someone please give me some hope that the game will be harder after the next patch?

BR

Please pop round & break my game :)

1 minute ago, Ngoc said:

The game is easy in general because is very complex and for a player that tries it for the first time or that hasn't spent 500+ hours is absolutely not easy

for people who play 500+ hours is definitely on the easy side BUT you can make it challenging for yourself and keep it hard if you want to without annoying the majority of people who struggle because they didn't put in the hours to learn it

I know is hard for you to understand that a thing can be easy for a small group of nerds and right for the majority of people as probably you think you are the center of the world and all should be measured by your standard

but things can be easy and not so easy at the same time depending on who is doing it and since it's a game and games are for free time and relaxation I think it's easy enough to be pleasant

And if you want to make it hard for yourself YOU CAN! You can decide to use a strange tactic not shop for the best player not check the stats and make it extremely hard so it's actually pretty decent in the way that allows you to challenge yourself.

As I said I would love SI to add the auto-save and stuff I mentioned 3 posts above but that would be only for a small percentage of us 5%?10% so I rather they focus on stuff that all players (even the new one that find it hard already) can enjoy as I am smart enough to make my game harder if I want.

But I know that name you are not part of the bright one in the forum so I doubt you will understand what exactly I am saying. So I won't bother to answer you directly anymore.

Do you mean not smart by actually noticing the problems that excist in this game, unlike you the smart one that doesnt even acknowledge theres countless problems with the game....The modern setup of this game already makes it easy for all players New and Old, Everything is preset and theres walkthrough turorials on most aspects of the game, this ent no FM2005 where everything was left to the user to figure out themselfs.

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I play the same way as you but one big difference. I create my own tactic from scratch. I keep it real though using real formations and roles you would find in real life. Tactic building is my thing. Why would preset tactics make the game harder?

I can't see anything about the AI that is better in this version compared to the other versions, there's just no difference whatsoever, it's the same couple of tactics they use, and still no better in the squad building department. FM24 feels like its FM23 with some tweaks and nothing more 

Its true that the game can be as hard as u wanna make it. 

my favorite club is fc barcelona yet never ever in all my years of playing have I ever done a barcelona save. Not even when I was a newbie completely lost. I always look to bring up my small town club, or a historic club who now sucks, stuff like that. 

im sure if I ran to pick srsenal, city or barcelona every yr id think it was easier. But whats the fun in that. 

59 minutes ago, SPE3D said:

I play the same way as you but one big difference. I create my own tactic from scratch. I keep it real though using real formations and roles you would find in real life. Tactic building is my thing. Why would preset tactics make the game harder?

The AI can only use preset tactics, therefore it's more of an even playing field. If I create a completely new tactic, there's always the risk the AI can't keep up with it. Although I don't agree with difficulty levels, one thing SI could introduce as an option to tick at the start is whether to allow the user to be able to create their own tactic or have to stick to one of the presets. 

23 minutes ago, ru9a said:

btw is it normal to get £6m for season tickets?

If you think there is something not right going on then please report it as a bug.  It doesn't guarantee it will get fixed but there is more chance than if you don't.  Oh, and why not try to win the Champions league with Portsmouth using the preset park the bus tactic?  By the time you do FM25 might be out.

Edited by priority76

26 minutes ago, priority76 said:

If you think there is something not right going on then please report it as a bug.  It doesn't guarantee it will get fixed but there is more chance than if you don't.  Oh, and why not try to win the Champions league with Portsmouth using the preset park the bus tactic?  By the time you do FM25 might be out.

I am not sure it is a bug, that is why i asked here first.

Just now, ru9a said:

I am not sure it is a bug, that is why i asked here first.

Ah alright.  Well thinking about it further: say a Portsmouth season ticket is £500 (as a guess), that would mean 12,000 need to be sold to make £6,000,000.  It sounds plausible to me.

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The AI can only use preset tactics, therefore it's more of an even playing field. If I create a completely new tactic, there's always the risk the AI can't keep up with it. Although I don't agree with difficulty levels, one thing SI could introduce as an option to tick at the start is whether to allow the user to be able to create their own tactic or have to stick to one of the presets. 

That's false. They use default formations.  They use different player role and some team instructions based on their preferences.

3 hours ago, JamieTC13 said:

I can't see anything about the AI that is better in this version compared to the other versions, there's just no difference whatsoever, it's the same couple of tactics they use, and still no better in the squad building department. FM24 feels like its FM23 with some tweaks and nothing more 

I have done a few long-term test saves and no question for me the AI is defo better in some areas. They make better transfers and I have seen a few teams focus on snapping up younger players who they build the squad around. Defo an improvement on 23.

Now sadly there are some bugs and issues with the AI where they waste money on far too many players they can't fit into their team. So for now it is kinda one step forward two steps back. But if they fix those issues in future patches it will be the best AI yet. Its not to say its going to be perfect, but its defo moving in the right direction.

I would agree for long term saves, it’s broken, reasons already specified all over the forums. This is the first FM I haven’t played since it’s full release. Currently on holiday, where I thought I would spend my time playing the game whilst the missus was at work. How wrong was I! Guess I’ll have to await until Christmas (if they release the patch) for next opportunity to get a long term save going

7 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

I would agree for long term saves, it’s broken

I'm doing a long term save and thoroughly enjoying it, so it's clearly not 'broken'. Can it be improved? Of course, and hopefully updates will help with that. But it's certainly not 'broken' otherwise I, along with the record numbers happily playing the game wouldn't be able to. 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm doing a long term save and thoroughly enjoying it, so it's clearly not 'broken'. Can it be improved? Of course, and hopefully updates will help with that. But it's certainly not 'broken' otherwise I, along with the record numbers happily playing the game wouldn't be able to. 

Long term saves involves immersion for me. I’m MK Dons, 3rd season, sitting top of Championship. Being told after every promotion I’m relegation favourites, only to go on and win League 2 and League 1 and now sitting top of Championship. I would say, yeh, game breaking for immersion. 
Also if I was going to compare it to FM23, it’s pretty obvious it’s broken as it is not doing the same things it did as before.

6 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Long term saves involves immersion for me. I’m MK Dons, 3rd season, sitting top of Championship. Being told after every promotion I’m relegation favourites, only to go on and win League 2 and League 1 and now sitting top of Championship. I would say, yeh, game breaking for immersion. 

Right, gotcha, you're overachieving, so the game is broken. Great conclusion, will read again. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Right, gotcha, you're overachieving, so the game is broken. Great conclusion, will read again. 

I’m overachieving because the AI is not working as it should be. Subs not being used correctly for example! Seriously man, no need to back SI to the hilt, people can experience bugs you know!

Just now, greenz81 said:

I’m overachieving because the AI is not working as it should be. Subs not being used correctly for example! Seriously man, no need to back SI to the hilt, people can experience bugs you know!

The game is fine. Don't use subs yourself until the 85th-90th minute or not at all to match the AI...

There are tons of ways to not play the game like it was meant to be played to get a fun challenge.

/

I swear some of you guys sound like y'all are in a cult lol.