MLS...Player Demotion/Promotion

I am in pre-season of my MLS save.  I brought a player from the B squad up to the first team to play in a match, but I have no intention of keeping him there.  I do not see an option to send him back down now however.  Am I missing a rule here?  Is it a rule that once you promote a player he must remain with the first team??  What about salary considerations?  AM I now paying him more?  In the MLS the parent team has a second team and an Academy team...this particular player came from the second team...not the academy.    

I am most thankful for any insight.

You should be able to send them back to the feeder team by clicking on the feeder team as the image shows below.  With regards to the salary, I'm not sure but I guess they would be paid more if they are on an MLS contract. 

Hope this helps.

Screenshot (5).png

On 17/11/2023 at 02:49, psucolonel said:

The idea here for me was to just let this player get a little first team experience in the pre-season and then shuttle him right back to the Philadelphia II squad.  

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 12.48.05 PM.png

I see what you mean. You could always try setting him to be available for the second team at the bottom of the that tab. Or if you can't just use him as a sub late in the games to gain some experience that way to build his stats.

6 hours ago, psucolonel said:

Could someone from SI confirm if this is a rule?  Otherwise it COULD be a bug.

Try having a read here. Roster Rules and Regulations | MLSsoccer.com 

If you think it's a bug you'd be better of posting it here Football Manager 2024 Bugs Tracker - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)