Sending the keeper up for corners

Is this no longer possible? Got to say, I will be very, VERY disappointed if this new set piece style has taken away the possibility of not only sending my keeper up for corners (I like to do saves where my keeper gets loads of goals), but also getting to choose where my players go for each corner.

Only had a quick look so far, but can't work it out. Hope I'm wrong?!

Don't think it's possible on this year's edition mate. There seems to be no option in the tactics or set piece section for it.

To be honest I didn't know you could do it in previous editions.

I was trying to do this yesterday and couldn't figure it out either. I'm 100% convinced that my keeper would have scored had I been able to send him up in the 96th minute of the FA Cup final, that I went on to lose :seagull:  :D

Edit: if this isn't possible any longer then it's laughable. Teams send keepers up every weekend.

Edited by RHKC

I don't want it approved for a future FM - I want them to bring back the option now! I like to have a goalkeeper taking all my freekicks and penalties, and going up for all corners, to try and get them as many goals as possible.

To not be able to do this now, especially when teams always send keepers up when losing late on, is ridiculous.

Why remove it?! SI???

Mine went up late on when I was losing and I’ve seen the AI do it. I was on very attacking mentality I think. I didn’t send him up he just did it. 

It does seem ridiculous you can’t “choose” to do it. 

But again, them doing it automatically isn't good enough. We had the option to send them up for years, and now haven't.

SI always do things like this, remove something good that works fine, then reintroduce it years later as a "new feature".

• SI Staff

If you are on Very Attacking mentality in added time then your goalkeeper will join attacking corners automatically.

We may in future add an option to disable this functionality, in case some managers don't want their keepers ever going up for them, but allowing a goalkeeper to attack every corner regardless of match context is not supported in the new system and there's not really a realistic use-case for it.

On 13/11/2023 at 01:21, Ellis_D said:

Is this no longer possible? Got to say, I will be very, VERY disappointed if this new set piece style has taken away the possibility of not only sending my keeper up for corners (I like to do saves where my keeper gets loads of goals), but also getting to choose where my players go for each corner.

Only had a quick look so far, but can't work it out. Hope I'm wrong?!

There should also be nothing prevent you from choosing where players go for each corner (other than the goalkeeper thing above).

I'll be honest I'd never even noticed this in any version before this one - it seems to be more prevalent with the AI this year, it's a nice touch - we've had a few funny end of game goals as a result of the opposition sending their keeper up. Very lifelike, I like it!