Problems with hitting the target (10-15 shots with about 3 on target on average)

That's my tactic below. The only thing I ask "extra" is for Baldanzi (AM-S) to hold up the play because he is the center of attention during build up and my most creative player with decent vision of what's going on around him.

What I did so far was to tick "work ball into box" (initally I had hopes it could stay off this year sfter seeing Koopmeiners banging some long distance screamers in) and slowed down the tempo to "standard" from maxing at "higher". 

I want to play from the keeper hence BDP. For as much as I love the new role in IFB, I still opted for wingbacks because I am a width kind of guy. DM(s) recycles position, VOL(s) joins the party a little late to offer passing options, cause threat for the defence and/or to provide some kind of cover in case we lose the ball (used to use VOL(a) but we got caught too many times on his side). Wingers are tasked to cut inside but I prefer wingers because they start wide to stretch the opposition. Not sure whether to use CF(a) or AF(a) because technically I'd like my forward to chill and score tap ins but if I use AF(a) he ends up isolated a lot and not contribute enough.

Perhaps someone more experienced can give me their thoughts on where to improve.

Zrzutekranu2023-11-12o19_33_56.thumb.png.3fc561f6a19a2dc7c73f9c37fe0fa4da.png

You need more players in the box. There looks to be nobody, except for Scamacca, who is in the box during attacks. I would change one winger to an inside forward on attack who is attacking the box with your striker.  Maybe moving your VOL to the MC slot and play a Mezzala on support or attack so he links up with your winger, but also attacking the box. 

12 hours ago, szymunk said:

why not?

Wingbacks overlap naturally. The instruction only makes the IF/IW wait for the overlap, which is not something you want.

Edit: so current tactic setup makes sense without the instruction.

Edited by diLLa88

Also a bit confused about using work ball into box when you have 4 players that want to pump crosses into the box and a striker who, if I'm not mistaken, is a solid aerial threat? In general I wouldn't use WBIB any more as the players inherently have gotten better at working proper chances and with the roles you're using I definitely wouldn't use it. On top of conflicting with the roles you chose it will also slow down things, which just makes it more likely that Scamacca will be marked by 2-3 defenders as nobody will support him in the box, at which point it's no surprise you're seeing a lot of blocked shots.