[FM 24] Canada League 1 and Cup Comps

Hahah all good, I probably can't do anything until tonight (on PST) after work anyway. If there's overlap we should be able to just copy and paste whatever one or two entries or settings I change, I think I can just get away with putting a "qualify team" fate in the three L1s, will also show up in-game in the rules

1 hour ago, SaintsCanada said:

Quickly added L1O affiliations for Windsor, London, and Waterloo. Do your magic, TMC!

Canada 2.91 Affiliations.fmf 23.42 kB · 2 downloads

Also I'm not sure if Windsor City are doing the TFC affiliation at top level anymore? Just youth? So maybe "youth players training" etc might work, although I think the game treats that as the youth players training at the parent club's facility (is that a different setting)? Which makes no sense for a 4-hour drive. Maybe shared scouting knowledge

52 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Also I'm not sure if Windsor City are doing the TFC affiliation at top level anymore? Just youth? So maybe "youth players training" etc might work, although I think the game treats that as the youth players training at the parent club's facility (is that a different setting)? Which makes no sense for a 4-hour drive. Maybe shared scouting knowledge

As I understand it, the affiliation is now basically between TFC Academy and Windsor youth (the youth teams are still called Windsor TFC). I believe London is the same arrangement. So if we eventually add youth teams for the reserve division, I will tweak the affiliation. :)

@magicmastermind124 Having the results generated in the main stage and then sent to the relegation stage would work better for team's fixture lists in the first season wouldn't it? So their fixture list doesn't show "L1O Relegation Stage"? Or did say you got around that by having no stage name in the relegation stage and just calling the main stage "regular season"

19 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

@magicmastermind124 Having the results generated in the main stage and then sent to the relegation stage would work better for team's fixture lists in the first season wouldn't it? So their fixture list doesn't show "L1O Relegation Stage"? Or did say you got around that by having no stage name in the relegation stage and just calling the main stage "regular season"

in the brief time I had a look at the file, I was able to both move the fixtures back over to the main stage, and also I was able to rename the stages to fix that issue.  Moving the fixtures over caused issues with how the game treated the relegated clubs, which I did not have time to investigate further.

31 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yes that worked. It now lists in the schedule as simply "Match 1", "Match 2", etc. It will be working like this in the next release.

I'm still not able to get the Reserves Groups to have the correct division names. Right now I have it as just Groups A, B, C, and D.

1 hour ago, magicmastermind124 said:

in the brief time I had a look at the file, I was able to both move the fixtures back over to the main stage, and also I was able to rename the stages to fix that issue.  Moving the fixtures over caused issues with how the game treated the relegated clubs, which I did not have time to investigate further.

Ahhh yeah that's the issue I was having, was hoping your file had another way around it I just couldn't see. Blast it! Oh well, still works fine and only lasts a season.

@SaintsCanada Under the group stage you can add "individual group settings" - these can all be blank except for adding a "competition" or "stage name" which will affect the group names. Under "group settings" you should also have "no names" set (so they're overridden by your stage names) which I'm guessing is the case already based on them showing as blank.

And yeah that "league table" is the default for any un-named league stage that's part of a bigger tournament. Sometimes I'll change the stage name "league table" to be "standings" or something which looks cleaner. "Relegation stage" is the perfect name but as mastermind noted, having anything but this as the main stage seems to cause issues with relegation. I wonder if we could relegate teams in this stage and assign the fate back to the main stage somehow, but that's beyond me

EDIT: even simpler (yeah right)... ANOTHER hidden stage could generate the 20 fixtures that are then sent to the main stage and the relegation stage... then I think they would just show up as "match 1" etc. Not really a priority right now mind you

Edited by themodelcitizen

10 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Ahhh yeah that's the issue I was having, was hoping your file had another way around it I just couldn't see. Blast it! Oh well, still works fine and only lasts a season.

@SaintsCanada Under the group stage you can add "individual group settings" - these can all be blank except for adding a "competition" or "stage name" which will affect the group names. Under "group settings" you should also have "no names" set (so they're overridden by your stage names) which I'm guessing is the case already based on them showing as blank.

And yeah that "league table" is the default for any un-named league stage that's part of a bigger tournament. Sometimes I'll change the stage name "league table" to be "standings" or something which looks cleaner. "Relegation stage" is the perfect name but as mastermind noted, having anything but this as the main stage seems to cause issues with relegation. I wonder if we could relegate teams in this stage and assign the fate back to the main stage somehow, but that's beyond me

I wonder if reversing the stage order would work. So having stage 2 be the main league stage and 0 being the relegation stage. I haven't factored in the relevance (or potential importance) of the order of the stages, it might not work but could be worth a shot.

Also i am happy to help behind the scenes if need be, although my time is limited, I would still be more than happy to help!

I think I tried that at one point and had the same issue. It seems like the stage that's relegating teams does need to be the one generating fixtures, or at least have some other indication to the game that it's the main stage, and simply being stage 0 isn't enough IIRC... I also tried setting "relegated teams" to 0 in the other stage ("max" set to 9) but that just confused it more

I am pleased to announce that with the diligent help of both @themodelcitizen and @magicmastermind124, this file is basically complete. Please everyone go ahead and test it out. Please let me know how it goes.

This includes:
- League1 Ontario

- League1 Ontario Championship (2024 on)

- League1 Ontario U21 Reserves

- League1 Ontario U19 Reserves Summer and Fall Seasons

- League1 Ontario Cup (2024 on)

- Ligue1 Quebec

- Ligue1 Quebec Cup

- League1 British Columbia

- Inter-Provincial Championship (2024 on)

- Fixes to the Canadian Championship to include the correct League 1 teams

Other than error and superficial fixes, I believe this is as far as the file can go until we learn more real-life information about the 2024 season.

Canada 3.71 Ready Test.fmf

As expected, we found some stuff to fix.

This file makes the 2023 Ligue1 Quebec and L1Q Cup follow the original dates.

If you play with @themodelcitizen's USA expansion file, he made a tiny change in there that will be compatible with this Canada file correctly adding Toronto FC Academy to the League1 Ontario U19 fall season.

Canada 3.72 Minor Fixes.fmf

@themodelcitizen has made some scheduling improvements around international breaks and holidays. I believe this file is pretty much finished now, especially since @yellowsweatygorilla is working on the FM24 version of his legendary Canadian Mega Pack. I will update the OP here to reflect this.

Canada 3.72 minor fixes and scheduling updates.fmf

18 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Do you have any plans for League1 Alberta that is due to start next year? 

Perhaps. League1 Alberta says they are waiting to register a sixth team before launch. League1 Ontario Championship is hoping to add one more club, and League2 Ontario is also hoping to launch in 2024.

We can only add these clubs and the dependent competitions to our file when and if they exist!

The Canadian Megapatch is in production, so I am most likely to defer to @yellowsweatygorilla's file in terms of future updates.

Edited by SaintsCanada

Some of those "affiliations" are barely worth the link IMO, at least beyond good relations. Not sure about the specifics in this case - maybe they do send kids over to train? - but I swear half of these "Chelsea USA" or "AZ Arsenal" type things are little more than a licensing agreement and coaching manuals. Maybe send a couple of coaches over in the summer for a working holiday

On 01/12/2023 at 22:00, themodelcitizen said:

Some of those "affiliations" are barely worth the link IMO, at least beyond good relations. Not sure about the specifics in this case - maybe they do send kids over to train? - but I swear half of these "Chelsea USA" or "AZ Arsenal" type things are little more than a licensing agreement and coaching manuals. Maybe send a couple of coaches over in the summer for a working holiday

I think there is something involving players going to train. A lot of it, as you said, are barely worth the link. It will be interesting to see what happens as, I believe, Bayern Munich have also formed a link with the Toronto Blizzard youth team. 

• 1 month later...

Are there any plans to add League2 Ontario starting in 2024 once the teams have been announced? I think there are only 3 teams announced so far (with Toronto FC rejoining L1O after acquiring Pickering FC's Championship license).

• 2 months later...
On 24/04/2024 at 10:47, FTorres_18 said:

can you update for 24.3?

I tried and got this. I just opened it saved it and tried to rule the rules and it came up with that error

image.png.6279215f9fd4f86001bb59b127628e26.png

Edited by Fmfan00

• 2 weeks later...