[FM24][SKIN] Statman24 - Updated 28/02/24

_Ben_

Il y a 4 heures, _Ben_ a dit :

You can choose. Change value="attribute_bar" to value="attribute_label" for each attribute in person properties.xml (use Find and Replace in Notepad), reload the game and you've got it. My reasoning was that the colour scheme that I've created across the skin, doesn't look great on a darker background and I was unable to get boxes (like I have on the attribute panel) to look decent across these panels. That being said, I'm not entirely sure about it, myself and, as I also create data from it, find it a bit awkward to export so I may fully move back for a future release, anyway.

Thanks for the tip!

It's true that it's not easy with a dark background. The colour palette you've chosen for your skin is really nice and you don't want to stray from it. So I thought about it a bit myself and finally opted for this colour palette : Color Designer

This site is great for this sort of thing.

image.png.4c09c3a4aec6c991a8eb9571d0299f96.png

It could certainly be better but it doesn't look too bad in squad panel. I'll be interested to see how it works in your "attributes HUB".

image.png.8e474d54274ddd61f065281e7c958b1b.png

Once again, thank you for your work. You've made me want to dive right back into a new part!

See you soon in The Nothman adventure

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. 

Is there anyways to change the score and home team background colour for the scoreboard. I have added an image below which shows my problem.IMG_0095.jpeg.7b20158edbf6eed379fc14274128dffc.jpeg

this only happens with the statman skin, which is a shame as I really enjoy using it. Is there any fixes which you could help me with ?

sorry if this has been asked before

So I’ve managed to replicate the graphical bug with the attributes I had earlier by switching to another regular skin (SAS in this instance) and then switching back to Statman again. Weirdly enough I did reset the cache and restart the game before switching.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? 

19 hours ago, Socerer 01 said:

So I’ve managed to replicate the graphical bug with the attributes I had earlier by switching to another regular skin (SAS in this instance) and then switching back to Statman again. Weirdly enough I did reset the cache and restart the game before switching.

when you're editing properties files, swapping back and forth between skins can break things. Just an issue with the game unfortunately . The game loads the properties on launch, so just restart your game and all will be sorted

4 minutes ago, CRN711 said:

Thanks for the skin!

My laptop screen res is 2240*1400 but the skin isn't right.. Is there any way I can edit it so it works on this res ?

What do you mean ‘isn’t right?’ Please can you share some screenshots? I made the skin for the resolution I play at and am unable to offer support for a screen size I do not own. 

21 hours ago, TCSSkin said:

when you're editing properties files, swapping back and forth between skins can break things. Just an issue with the game unfortunately . The game loads the properties on launch, so just restart your game and all will be sorted

It hasn't worked unfortunately, even after deleting the other skin before switching to Statman. Somehow a full reinstall is the only thing that resets it.

On 08/02/2024 at 17:15, Socerer 01 said:

Yes, in FM23. 

I found if you have a bunch of skins in the skins folder, even if you delete/remove/move one out, it can still cause Issues.  The reason I am sure of this is I found a skin from a user in Korea that I liked last year, but a lot of the added text was in Hangul, and after deleting it and moving to a new skin, I think it was Tato, therte was Hangul showing up in that skin.  Likewise, when I would switch to a skin, I would get an error saying 'font XYZ123 not found' or something similar, and that font wasn't part of the skin.

I finally started deleting C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024 and that seemed to fix the problems.  Not sure if that would work for FM24 as I have not encountered that yet, but after last year I only keep one skin in the skins folder.

1 hour ago, Jellico73 said:

Yes, in FM23. 

I found if you have a bunch of skins in the skins folder, even if you delete/remove/move one out, it can still cause Issues.  The reason I am sure of this is I found a skin from a user in Korea that I liked last year, but a lot of the added text was in Hangul, and after deleting it and moving to a new skin, I think it was Tato, therte was Hangul showing up in that skin.  Likewise, when I would switch to a skin, I would get an error saying 'font XYZ123 not found' or something similar, and that font wasn't part of the skin.

I finally started deleting C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024 and that seemed to fix the problems.  Not sure if that would work for FM24 as I have not encountered that yet, but after last year I only keep one skin in the skins folder.

Thank you but unfortunately even this hasn't seem to have fixed it for me. :(

Il y a 22 heures, _Ben_ a dit :

What do you mean ‘isn’t right?’ Please can you share some screenshots? I made the skin for the resolution I play at and am unable to offer support for a screen size I do not own. 

Sorry, the screenshot was supposed to be in my post... See below

image.thumb.png.1cc6f0470f9992531d39ef5ed1e03b24.png

image.thumb.png.11be0f3f3c119664ee9ee043b77dd028.png

3 minutes ago, CRN711 said:

Sorry, the screenshot was supposed to be in my post... See below

image.thumb.png.1cc6f0470f9992531d39ef5ed1e03b24.png

image.thumb.png.11be0f3f3c119664ee9ee043b77dd028.png

Recommendations would be to change to sidebar icons, zoom to 85/95% and also check your Windows zoom settings - moving from 125% (default in most cases) to 100%. After that, I don’t really know because it’s not a resolution I use, sorry. 

12 hours ago, Slipky said:

Is there any way I can give the skin a darker color scheme? Is that a possibility?

Yeah, of course.

315fe24a2f21907d7c4ad4f6c06ff7ba.png

In 'Settings - Gold.xml' if you replace the Statman colours section with this:

<!--STATMAN COLOURS-->
	<colour name="statman"								value="rgb(212,175,55)"/>
	<colour name="bg"								value="rgb(28,32,48)"/>
	<colour name="bg darker"							value="black"/>
	<colour name="bg lighter"							value="rgb(28,32,32)"/>

You can start with a darker background. Here, I've labelled bg darker just so you can still see the 'bar' in those places above. Because the background user 'client object browser' to essentially cover everything, I'd focus your playing on the bg lighter colour, which, in the code above, is significantly darker than what I started with.

is there a way to colour code the positions? ie defenders having a different colour icon to midfielders?

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

I also took this little bit of skinning time to finally ditch my idea for staff and return to attributes:

46186332d65013eb790a4b51c35e7fa1.png

6986548d611f88ed6a65d08d6875130f.png

12 horas atrás, _Ben_ disse:

I also took this little bit of skinning time to finally ditch my idea for staff and return to attributes:

46186332d65013eb790a4b51c35e7fa1.png

6986548d611f88ed6a65d08d6875130f.png

Yes, please!

Will this be released in the next skin update?

I really appreciate your work, but I need attributes on the staff screen 😅

Thank you!

11 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

There is one? Unless you mean for staff?

image.png.955daf6e0bfed993ecf95b2af90778b5.png

I was referring to the kind of attribute analyzer that was present in Statman 1.3. Traditional attribute analysis which is based on defensives, offensives, etc.
Because now you can see this analyzer in the player comparison but not in the player profile itself anymore. 

Edited by Alex212121

10 hours ago, Alex212121 said:

I was referring to the kind of attribute analyzer that was present in Statman 1.3. Traditional attribute analysis which is based on defensives, offensives, etc.
Because now you can see this analyzer in the player comparison but not in the player profile itself anymore. 

It's not there because I don't think it needs to be. You don't need to hijack an unrelated post with your request when you've already asked once for the change.

However, to do this, you need to open player profile.xml and delete lines 406 to 446 and 526 to 566.

Replace them with this:

<!-- Outfield player -->
      <container class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player/attributes/player attribute analyser outfield" >
        <record id="object_property" get_property="Pigo" set_property="hidn"/>
      </container>

<!-- Goalkeeper -->
      <container class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" file="player/attributes/player attribute analyser goalkeeper" id="gkap">
        <record id="object_property" get_property="Pigo" set_property="Shwn"/>
      </container>

And you'll get this:

b6789b9342c973d5e917cff6c3ac0896.png

It won't stay in my skin as I dislike it but it is what you asked for.

7 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

It's not there because I don't think it needs to be. You don't need to hijack an unrelated post with your request when you've already asked once for the change.

However, to do this, you need to open player profile.xml and delete lines 406 to 446 and 526 to 566.

Replace them with this:

<!-- Outfield player -->
      <container class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player/attributes/player attribute analyser outfield" >
        <record id="object_property" get_property="Pigo" set_property="hidn"/>
      </container>

<!-- Goalkeeper -->
      <container class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" file="player/attributes/player attribute analyser goalkeeper" id="gkap">
        <record id="object_property" get_property="Pigo" set_property="Shwn"/>
      </container>

And you'll get this:

b6789b9342c973d5e917cff6c3ac0896.png

It won't stay in my skin as I dislike it but it is what you asked for.

Unfortunately nothing changes, it is possible that I am doing something wrong :(
Is it possible for you to send me the file to swap? It would be really great. :)

14 minutes ago, Alex212121 said:

Unfortunately nothing changes, it is possible that I am doing something wrong :(
Is it possible for you to send me the file to swap? It would be really great. :)

It does change. I proved it myself. Please find the attached file and a reminder that it's not my job to modify my skin for the liking of others.

player profile.xml

This afternoon, I spent a bit of time playing with the buttons on my player popup and now I have this:

image.png.985ee5f779c2721678d29119ba3db4cf.png

image.png.7c5ba88337576fd888bcb675535b1ec8.png

image.png.baf6a81fa6da5338e68c5b4d20739bd0.png

The purpose is to have quick snapshots of things that I'd be interested in and - particularly for me - would want to share in my career update. For unattached players, you only see their career history and for non-owned players, you can't see the progress tab, for obvious reasons. What is missing?!

On 08/02/2024 at 05:36, dlig said:

Hi. 

Is there anyways to change the score and home team background colour for the scoreboard. I have added an image below which shows my problem.IMG_0095.jpeg.7b20158edbf6eed379fc14274128dffc.jpeg

this only happens with the statman skin, which is a shame as I really enjoy using it. Is there any fixes which you could help me with ?

sorry if this has been asked before

Hi, loving the skin so far also!

I too am having this problem though and was hoping somebody knew of a way to fix this please?

14 minutes ago, Will_13 said:

Hi, loving the skin so far also!

I too am having this problem though and was hoping somebody knew of a way to fix this please?

I'd imagine that deleting match score area panel.xml from the match folder will revert you to the original and, as such, remove this issue for you. I can't say for certain but that's because I've never actually managed in the EFL with this skin!

42 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I'd imagine that deleting match score area panel.xml from the match folder will revert you to the original and, as such, remove this issue for you. I can't say for certain but that's because I've never actually managed in the EFL with this skin!

Just tried this and no luck unfortunately, do you have any other ideas for things I could change? I wouldn't have the slightest clue what to try, thanks anyway though!

A few days ago my FM started crashing during a game. After clicking on tactics.

image.png.f2cfa3b9d502a47a8bad6ab2948411ce.png

Anyone have a similar problem? Could it be related to the skin change? I didn't have this problem in the first version of this skin.

It happens mostly in the second half, during the second/third substitution of players. 

1 hour ago, mr_palo said:

A few days ago my FM started crashing during a game. After clicking on tactics.

image.png.f2cfa3b9d502a47a8bad6ab2948411ce.png

Anyone have a similar problem? Could it be related to the skin change? I didn't have this problem in the first version of this skin.

It happens mostly in the second half, during the second/third substitution of players. 

It's a skin issue, it's trying to pull from panels/menu and isn't finding what it thinks it supposed to find.  Couple of reasons for this, I ran into a lot on 22 and not so much in 23, what fixed it for me was:

Exit the game.

Delete every skin you are not using out of the skins folder.  Going forward only keep the ski you are suing in the skins folder.

Go to AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024 and delete all the folders inside.

Restart the game.  You may have to re enter a few things.

That *should* fix it.

Jellico

56 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

It's a skin issue, it's trying to pull from panels/menu and isn't finding what it thinks it supposed to find.  Couple of reasons for this, I ran into a lot on 22 and not so much in 23, what fixed it for me was:

Exit the game.

Delete every skin you are not using out of the skins folder.  Going forward only keep the ski you are suing in the skins folder.

Go to AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024 and delete all the folders inside.

Restart the game.  You may have to re enter a few things.

That *should* fix it.

Jellico

Thank you very much, unfortunately don´t work ...

5 minutes ago, mr_palo said:

Thank you very much, unfortunately don´t work ...

If you play in the base skin does it still error out.  If so may need to do an integrity check.  If not Check the other forums, I don't remember which one though.  There have been others who have had this issue. 

On 20/02/2024 at 11:29, Gary_Parker said:

Is it a known issue that the create new tactic option in the tactics screen doesn't do anything? Load/copy both work. 

Yes. I had to skin over it with that secondary container. One of the things I left as it was because the latter is more impactful in my eyes. 

On 16/02/2024 at 02:20, _Ben_ said:

This afternoon, I spent a bit of time playing with the buttons on my player popup and now I have this:

image.png.985ee5f779c2721678d29119ba3db4cf.png

image.png.7c5ba88337576fd888bcb675535b1ec8.png

image.png.baf6a81fa6da5338e68c5b4d20739bd0.png

The purpose is to have quick snapshots of things that I'd be interested in and - particularly for me - would want to share in my career update. For unattached players, you only see their career history and for non-owned players, you can't see the progress tab, for obvious reasons. What is missing?!

Hi Ben can these player popups be given extra width?

I've been working on a way to add more detail to the rows and columns within the game and have been able to create the images below. For those that didn't see this in the 'Show your Skin' thread, the premise has been to add a second layer of info to various areas - personality and media handling group as do games and goals across a career. But, the biggest change is adding the metric dots to this area. The hint, here, is built into the skin but allows me to really easily see, at a team level, where the strengths and weaknesses lie.

df664f30aecd5f0909d63a22c3858150.png

3e172965e2f865123f3b5a01bbbff0b3.png

To get that to occupy as much space as possible, I've removed the bits of analysis from the right hand side and added the button, below, to the top panel to pop out when clicked:

32f4392189df736eebe0c49a6c4d03b8.png

This also drips down onto the player search areas, where I can now see this - for example:

fb6337967ca257a4678f8454938d1032.png

I'm able to save a click, essentially, to easily compare the outputs for these players. Because of this - in my game (and not on any release) - the player search area will be hidden so that I can only see this data from those who I have scouted. However, that is a personal choice and I won't push that on others.

---

This and the staff attributes will be in the next version, hopefully to be released this week!

28 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I've been working on a way to add more detail to the rows and columns within the game and have been able to create the images below. For those that didn't see this in the 'Show your Skin' thread, the premise has been to add a second layer of info to various areas - personality and media handling group as do games and goals across a career. But, the biggest change is adding the metric dots to this area. The hint, here, is built into the skin but allows me to really easily see, at a team level, where the strengths and weaknesses lie.

To get that to occupy as much space as possible, I've removed the bits of analysis from the right hand side and added the button, below, to the top panel to pop out when clicked:

This also drips down onto the player search areas, where I can now see this - for example:

I'm able to save a click, essentially, to easily compare the outputs for these players. Because of this - in my game (and not on any release) - the player search area will be hidden so that I can only see this data from those who I have scouted. However, that is a personal choice and I won't push that on others.

---

This and the staff attributes will be in the next version, hopefully to be released this week!

this looks great you have changed the way i play fm and have kept me engaged throughout the release of the game which has been a hard thing in the past so thank you!

14 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

---

absolutely incredible work! 

i really need to get into editing the properties stuff, i never got round to it 

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM24][SKIN] Statman24 - Updated 28/02/24

Statman24 v1.6 OUT NOW: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vlv6214e0156du5/Statman24+v1.6.rar/file

Changelist:

• Staff attributes re-added to the game
  • Properties added and amended to show data visualisations where possible for per/90 stats - KNOWN ISSUE: you cannot sort on your home screen but can on the player search screen.
  • Amendment to Team Squad panel to allow more space for statistics.
  • Amendments to player popup panel
  • Re-added graphical attribute tracking into player progress
  • Many other QoL tweaks.

Enjoy. Please be honest and open about the skin - I know it's not for everyone but I hope it brings people as much joy to play with as it does me!

On 26/02/2024 at 11:01, Slipky said:

Hey Ben, is there any way I can remove the attribute background and return to colored attributes without harming the skin's functionality?

This code:

<record id="widget_info" class="attribute_label" alignment="centre_y,centre_x"  multiline="false"  colour="bg lighter"  style="bold" size="10"  use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true" appearance="profile/paper4"/>

controls that and is in lots of places across the player areas. A risky way is to delete the graphic (paper4) but I can't remember where else I've used it. Otherwise, you can replace all existence of that with this:

<record id="widget_info" class="attribute_label" alignment="right,centre_y" style="semi_bold" multiline="false"/>

And it should work!