gegenpress - overpowered

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, El Payaso said:

The only reason why I am so strong in my own views is the fact that there is only one gaming mod available and if this mod can successfully be played in a way that I don't appreciate much (as you moght have noticed already) then how is the game going to be for players like me who play slowly, pay lot of attention to features and details etc. The only gripe I have is the fact that players like me don't have that "hard-core mod". 

You can make your own hardcore mod, the editor is free and there’s an active modding community here.

You could even take Daveincid’s mod and tune it to be even harder. And there are skins available that hide a lot of the detail which makes the game easy.

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

As long as you two are behaving and not start name calling or that this thread turns into a "my dad is stronger than yours" playground argument, knock yourselves out.

But…what if my Dad actually is stronger than his Dad! :stop:

8 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

You can make your own hardcore mod, the editor is free and there’s an active modding community here.

You could even take Daveincid’s mod and tune it to be even harder. And there are skins available that hide a lot of the detail which makes the game easy.

I wish I had the knowledge to do this. And I already know that @Daveincid is doing a fantastic job with his mod that I am already using. I'm not able to do his job better than he already does.

If you have read my career updates, you would already know that I am doing my best to sabotage my own gameplay already as well as using attributeless skin. 

4 hours ago, El Payaso said:

Two questions to this. If you don't have time, which is fine as I don't have time either, why do you need to play more than 1-2 games a day? At least in my opinion that is the perfect pace to play the game. And secondly: why does the team have to be successful? 

@NineCloudNine has pretty much said it all. Also, he's not saying you can't have a view, he's simply explaining his. Of course you can have an opinion - we all can.

Regards your first question, the mates I have who play / played it simply didn't have the time to play 1-2 games a day, with work & family commitments etc. They managed a few hours in an evening once every two or three weeks if they were lucky.

Your second question pretty much ties in with my first answer. Because they were only able to play it occasionally, I think they wanted more of a quicker target e.g. winning a cup, qualifying for Europe etc, than slowly plodding away to build a team that's financially sound, with a squad that's building slowly, the youngsters coming through, improving the facilities, my chipping away at the coaching badges etc. I do this is lower league, where I have always played. That is success to me. To a lot of people, they would find this boring & want the success of trophies. A couple of my mates said if they had all the time in the world to play, they would never play the game as I do. No right or wrong, just comes down to how every individual enjoys the game. 

That's why after reading @NineCloudNine post, I took a different viewpoint. Rather than how i've thought for around the last three versions of FM, that Gegenpress was a nuisance, that it made the game much easier - in my opinion that is, I could  then understand the use of it for players with little time and / or wanted quicker glory.

Hope you're enjoying the game :thup:

20 hours ago, Brodie21 said:

Hope you're enjoying the game :thup:

Generally yes. Just tend to get bored when I start to overachieve. This also happened with my latest save with Palermo. 

7 minutes ago, El Payaso said:

Nope. Always either low or mid-block. 

It's not for everyone but I always start unemployed & wait for a team in the lowest league to sack a manager. I find that challenging. Lower League Management also offers a variety of rules you can introduce to your game e.g. attribute masking, only allowed to sign recommended players from scouts, playing a certain amount of youth players in your team etc. It's worth looking into if you want a challenge & it's something of interest to you. There are always ways to make the level of the game suitable for yourself :)

52 minutes ago, Brodie21 said:

It's not for everyone but I always start unemployed & wait for a team in the lowest league to sack a manager. I find that challenging. Lower League Management also offers a variety of rules you can introduce to your game e.g. attribute masking, only allowed to sign recommended players from scouts, playing a certain amount of youth players in your team etc. It's worth looking into if you want a challenge & it's something of interest to you. There are always ways to make the level of the game suitable for yourself :)

Thank you for your insight. Not my type of save that one but already found an interesting idea with Torino. Playing defensive style and utilising youth development both suit my own style of play quite nicely. 

In my opinion the issue has two different solutions strictly related to the causes of the issue:

- the playing style are "ready" for the player, IMHO the best way to implement different "difficult levels" could be to have the same game for everyone, but for advanced users willing to have it, the possibility to go deep with tactic design. Now you click on Gegenpress and you have your players pressing in a certain way, as default, if the triggers of pressing, attacking movements without ball etc should be closed by ourselves instead, the game would become immediately more deep and challenging. This is just an example.

- for the particular case, it could help also a fine tuning of the weight of physical attributes vs weight of mental and technical attributes. With a perfect balance, every playing style would have its pros and cons.

Edited by Proz