Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

I dont know if anyone said this but this game could be almost perfected with the use of more advanced AI. Imagine if you talk to players praising their recent form, but you dont have just 3 options, you can turn on your microphone, or just write it in a box, and you can send a personalized message to the player, which they react to differently. Imagine if the touchline shouts would be like that too, you bring a player to the sideline and you tell him what to do without limitations. Even the dull and repetitive press conferences which barely anyone attends, could be incredible with more relevant questions, and you can give a completely personalized answer to it (and not the way when journalists contact you via email and you answer with add comment which puts your message at the end and makes no effect whatsoever). I am aware that all this cannot be put into a single yearly release, but I cannot list any game with more potential of advanced AI chats and personalities implemented in it.

Edited by tsar

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, tsar said:

I dont know if anyone said this but this game could be almost perfected with the use of more advanced AI. Imagine if you talk to players praising their recent form, but you dont have just 3 options, you can turn on your microphone, or just write it in a box, and you can send a personalized message to the player, which they react to differently. Imagine if the touchline shouts would be like that too, you bring a player to the sideline and you tell him what to do without limitations. Even the dull and repetitive press conferences which barely anyone attends, could be incredible with more relevant questions, and you can give a completely personalized answer to it (and not the way when journalists contact you via email and you answer with add comment which puts your message at the end and makes no effect whatsoever). I am aware that all this cannot be put into a single yearly release, but I cannot list any game with more potential of advanced AI chats and personalities implemented in it.

Like everyone else who've suggested this you're vastly overestimating the capability of LLM's. Even if it were implemented as a "feature" the game has to know how to take the free text in determine how the players/media would react. SI certainly do not have the resources to codify it into something that makes sense in the game. And then its not even just English they'd have to do this for but however many languages they support in the game. Considering its not really a key module of the game I'm very skeptical of the benefit this would even bring to game, especially if it pulled resources away from the match engine or the transfer market.

They'd be better off just hiring a writer to spruce up some of the questions/responses than dump a bunch of resources into technology that's not designed for what you're suggesting.

I've just seen that Football Manager posted on twitter and now I pretty much lost my hope that the final update will be out today :( I mean, I always thought that on the day when they release anything there are no other irrelevant tweets.

Hopefully I'm wrong though as I really want to start my save this weekend.

2 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

I've just seen that Football Manager posted on twitter and now I pretty much lost my hope that the final update will be out today :( I mean, I always thought that on the day when they release anything there are no other irrelevant tweets.

Hopefully I'm wrong though as I really want to start my save this weekend.

****, the weekend would be ruined if it doesn't come today. Next week is simply too far away.

3 minutes ago, holstein28 said:

****, the weekend would be ruined if it doesn't come today. Next week is simply too far away.

True.

Also Miles is off as he said on twitter that he started a US West Coast tour. This makes me even more pessimistic!

Edited by gggfunk

All over the world , there is a term of Cup Goalkeeper. Even in the game when we need a second goalkeeper we approach them by offering contract under the name of " cup goalkeeper ". They play 5-6 games per year and generally they are over 33 years old. But since the new update release we are unable to register players who over 33 years old in Turkish Cup.

I have been thinking about it for a while and finally ı found that how it came out.

Probably one of your turkey researcher says " hey guys , there are many things to fix it for new update  but what about pull something out of our ass? Hehehe" I am posting it while ı have been trying to convince my 37-years-old striker Edin Dzeko as he is too old to play in Turkish Cup. And still no update for it , thats just disrespect to us!

( Ps : I tried to fix this ******** via game editor but i've ruined the game) thanks

Edited by ceta96

3 hours ago, Itego said:

Am I the only one who as not seen a free kick goal in fm24, four seasons in and nothing is that normal 

I have seen a few 

On 2.04.2024 at 16:26, Nick_CB said:

ok!

image.png.e12fcaf244c706f1e51d1749bf2b0cf8.png

Dude , if the game wants we concede a goal there is no solution. Drink a beers and try to soothe yourself as how i do :-)

28 minutes ago, ceta96 said:

( Ps : I tried to fix this ******** via game editor but i've ruined the game) thanks

This should be easy to fix in the pre-game editor. Head over to the editor forum and ask for help. It’s quite likely someone has already done it.

Edited by NineCloudNine

4 dakika önce, NineCloudNine said:

This should be easy to fix in the pre-game editor. Head over to the editor forum and ask for help. It’s quite likely someone has already done it.

Thanks for your answer dude. But its not our job and we have been trying to play proper game in april :)

18 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

I guess one/two hours of hope and that's it for this week :(

theres no update today my guess it will be after the fm 33% off sale ends would be nice if there was a bit of communication on this but we can only hope 

1 hour ago, ceta96 said:

Thanks for your answer dude. But its not our job and we have been trying to play proper game in april :)

Oh I agree, not trying to downplay the error at all. Just that if that is what is stopping you playing, it can be fixed, even if that shouldn’t be necessary.

53 minutes ago, Mush1983 said:

theres no update today my guess it will be after the fm 33% off sale ends would be nice if there was a bit of communication on this but we can only hope 

Is there at least a deadline for this? :lol:

Hope is waning with every second. 20. min to go.

Edited by holstein28

5 hours ago, Itego said:

Am I the only one who as not seen a free kick goal in fm24, four seasons in and nothing is that normal 

If you are talking about direct free kicks, then count me in. 

18 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

Exactly my thought, how can the 2nd week of April be early?

Well if you divide a month into 3 10 day segments then early april could be from April 1 to April 10. Or if you bisect a month then early April will be April 1 to April 15.

8 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Well if you divide a month into 3 10 day segments then early april could be from April 1 to April 10. Or if you bisect a month then early April will be April 1 to April 15.

I guess if you deem 10th to the 15th as acceptable, then fair enough :) But early to me, would be significantly to the nearer part of the month, and the definition of late to the later.

I'm not sure how one can classify something as early being the 15th, or late being the 16th :lol:

1 minute ago, g1nh0 said:

I guess if you deem 10th to the 15th as acceptable, then fair enough :) But early to me, would be significantly to the nearer part of the month, and the definition of late to the later.

I'm not sure how one can classify something as early being the 15th, or late being the 16th :lol:

I'm not really fussed about when it specifically comes out unless they completely miss their target (i.e. its may 1 and there's been no communication as to why its delayed). But realistically I don't think we're going to see anything substantially different in this update barring a few player changes and whatever they just posted. So i don't understand the constant posting on here about "Where's my update." I guess everyone's got their own hopes.

20 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

personaly i wouldnt of mentioned end of march to early april …i would of just said early april and thats what i think is wrong this year lots of false promises and lack of communication 

12 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

I'm not really fussed about when it specifically comes out unless they completely miss their target (i.e. its may 1 and there's been no communication as to why its delayed). But realistically I don't think we're going to see anything substantially different in this update barring a few player changes and whatever they just posted. So i don't understand the constant posting on here about "Where's my update." I guess everyone's got their own hopes.

They do. I am one of those that hasn't at all enjoyed the game year, and believe in a number of areas the game has declined compared to last year.

I would like to give the game another crack - in the hope it has increased in difficulty, has less exploits in the ME, gegenpress being less powered, are able to scout properly, able to interact realistically, and have less bugs than in the current one.

And considering it's already late compared to previous years, I would have expected something to fall within the first week which is the impression I got stating "early April". They should have stated during the earlier "part of" April if they felt this was going to be delayed further (which based on previous times this particular update was released, it is).

1 minute ago, g1nh0 said:

I would like to give the game another crack - in the hope it has increased in difficulty, has less exploits in the ME, gegenpress being less powered, are able to scout properly, able to interact realistically, and have less bugs than in the current one.

I’ll bet you the cost of buying Jude Bellingham that absolutely none of this will happen. It will be a data update with - at most - a few small tweaks and perhaps an unannounced under- the-hood tinkering or two. And I’d not even bet on the tweaks and tinkering.

2 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

I’ll bet you the cost of buying Jude Bellingham that absolutely none of this will happen. It will be a data update with - at most - a few small tweaks and perhaps an unannounced under- the-hood tinkering or two. And I’d not even bet on the tweaks and tinkering.

Well, that's what the game needs from an ME perspective some small tweaks, to make it imo playable. So, that would potentially make a significant difference for me to determine if it's worth investing my time in a save in FM24 or not.

The fact that people are so yearning for an update says a lot about this version. Almost half a year to have the possibility of a final game that can be decently playable. I've given up already, been playing FM08 lately. 

5 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

Well, that's what the game needs from an ME perspective some small tweaks, to make it imo playable. So, that would potentially make a significant difference for me to determine if it's worth investing my time in a save in FM24 or not.

SI Community rep already posted: no ME changes in the update.

Edited by NineCloudNine

1 minute ago, NineCloudNine said:

SI Community rep already posted: no ME changes in the update.

I know :) They've said that in previous releases historically, but changes do occur without stating there have been changes because tactics that previously work suddenly stop working (like the set pieces last patch, I had to completely change to start scoring from them again).

So unless I give the new patch a quick try-out, I won't know.

why dosent everybody complaining inbox who ever we need to … to get in as part of the alpha testing phase as well as the community in raising bug reports only way i can see us making future fms as realistic as possible …imo fm24 is good if it wasnt for the false promises

14 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

They do. I am one of those that hasn't at all enjoyed the game year, and believe in a number of areas the game has declined compared to last year.

And considering it's already late compared to previous years, I would have expected something to fall within the first week which is the impression I got stating "early April". They should have stated during the earlier "part of" April if they felt this was going to be delayed further (which based on previous times this particular update was released, it is).

Have you tried playing as a small side to increase difficulty? With increased injuries? Gegenpressing isn't overpowered but you can overload the match engine by doing some crazy tactics (that's existed in every game since the beginning of time). I'll agree scouting is broken, I've never had an issue with interactions once I've established myself, not really encountered many bugs. I don't really think you're going to see much in terms of changes from a late stage patch.

Well its "late" compared to other years because they're incorporating more leagues and licenses than they ever have so who knows whats going on behind the scenes. Probably would have been pretty easy to shut up shop for this years version considering the impending change. Not saying we should be thankful we get an update but is there really much difference between April 5th and April 10th in the grand scheme of things? If you've already put the game down then 5 days or whatever it ends up being isn't really going to make or break anything.

10 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

The fact that people are so yearning for an update says a lot about this version. Almost half a year to have the possibility of a final game that can be decently playable. I've given up already, been playing FM08 lately. 

This happens every year I don't think its indicative of anything. Just fascinating that people think this last update is going to completely overhaul the game.

2 minutes ago, Mush1983 said:

why dosent everybody complaining inbox who ever we need to … to get in as part of the alpha testing phase as well as the community in raising bug reports only way i can see us making future fms as realistic as possible …imo fm24 is good if it wasnt for the false promises

Pointless, it's not about making the game as realistic as possible - it's about making the game as most profitable as possible. It's why this year's game went in a direction of being challenging last year to a doddle this year.

I've only played with non-big / smaller sides this year. Winning double with Utrecht first season, straight promotions with V.Setubal lowest tier in Portugal to a conference league, then Europa league and league title consecutively all within 7 seasons and with a far inferior team to all the competition I was facing.

Historically, I've always found the difficulty does tend to increase in the later patches. This year's game had a lot of potential and needed a few small tweaks that would be significant to be a good game. So figure there is no harm hoping that they haven't wasted their whole time since December...

Edited by g1nh0

30 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

I know :) They've said that in previous releases historically, but changes do occur without stating there have been changes because tactics that previously work suddenly stop working (like the set pieces last patch, I had to completely change to start scoring from them again).

So unless I give the new patch a quick try-out, I won't know.

This isnt true about changes not occurring when not stated. Any change to the match engine requires a new version release, which means the match engine number changes. So if the match engine number hasnt changed you can be definitively sure there has been no change to the match engine. 

11 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

This isnt true about changes not occurring when not stated. Any change to the match engine requires a new version release, which means the match engine number changes. So if the match engine number hasnt changed you can be definitively sure there has been no change to the match engine. 

I can only go from my own past experiences over several FM games where I have had to alter my tactics despite patch notes not indicating of any ME changes.

So from those, I'll always be a believer of it's not what you say, it's what you do. 

Edited by g1nh0

18 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

I can only go from my own past experiences over several FM games where I have had to alter my tactics despite patch notes not indicating of any ME changes.

So from those, I'll always be a believer of it's not what you say, it's what you do. 

What you are describing is confirmation bias, not facts. But you are allowed to believe whatever you want, but you will be called out when you claim it to be truth, when it isn't.

58 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

Belief isnt the same as fact though. What you're claiming in regards to ME changes is factually inaccurate. You cant have 2 different MEs with the same ME number, it quite literally breaks things (massive match divergence)

I'm not claiming to be accurate at all, because I'm no developer nor an expert on creating and updating computer games. All my statements come from my own experiences and observations.

And so that doesn't change the correlation "I personally" have experienced whenever a new patch has been released. And so from my own perspective, you can't tell me what I have and haven't experienced.

So I will always treat any new patch with a complete open mind as to what I may end up experiencing. And as a user, if I have to change anything when I didn't expect to, then that's what I will do.

17 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

I'm not claiming to be accurate at all, because I'm no developer nor an expert on creating and updating computer games. All my statements come from my own experiences and observations.

And so that doesn't change the correlation "I personally" have experienced whenever a new patch has been released. And so from my own perspective, you can't tell me what I have and haven't experienced.

So I will always treat any new patch with a complete open mind as to what I may end up experiencing. And as a user, if I have to change anything when I didn't expect to, then that's what I will do.

Wut?

1 hour ago, g1nh0 said:

If you approach the tactical side of the game like you would do in real football, you never have to worry about something not working after a patch. Sensible approaches always work, no matter what. I have never had to alter things just because of an update. 

9 minutes ago, El Payaso said:

If you approach the tactical side of the game like you would do in real football, you never have to worry about something not working after a patch. Sensible approaches always work, no matter what. I have never had to alter things just because of an update. 

Oh indeed, they will always work to a reasonable extent - and they jolly well should do. But still, it's a computer game at the end of the day and certain roles / settings will always perform better than others. You just need to look at how on tactic testing websites, how certain systems will either become more or less effective following a new patch, and how different formations may end up being stronger following an update.

This year, as long as you employ double DM-S' it's going to be hard to go wrong as a lot of the very successful tactics utilise them.

9 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

Oh indeed, they will always work to a reasonable extent - and they jolly well should do. But still, it's a computer game at the end of the day and certain roles / settings will always perform better than others. You just need to look at how on tactic testing websites, how certain systems will either become more or less effective following a new patch, and how different formations may end up being stronger following an update.

This year, as long as you employ double DM-S' it's going to be hard to go wrong as a lot of the very successful tactics utilise them.

I don't do that kind of 'research' as for me it doesn't matter if I do as well as possible in a computer game. Also when we talk about a football management game and simulation, most of the time you should be failing and struggling. 

I don’t believe the only options on the table should be radio silence or vague communication. The good thing is that we’re told what to expect in the upcoming update so that is something. 

Appreciate the heads up about the upcoming patch. I'm ok with them not touching the M.E even though I think goalkeepers could be tightened up and late goals could be less, but you can look at the chelsea united game to see that late comebacks do happen, it's still great and it's probably safer not to touch it in case it screws something else up. Happy with the M.E but player interaction should definitely be looked into a lot better

26 minutes ago, SHK-555 said:

Appreciate the heads up about the upcoming patch. I'm ok with them not touching the M.E even though I think goalkeepers could be tightened up and late goals could be less, but you can look at the chelsea united game to see that late comebacks do happen, it's still great and it's probably safer not to touch it in case it screws something else up. Happy with the M.E but player interaction should definitely be looked into a lot better

Agree. I hope the minor game play update they mention touch a little bit on player interactions