Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

So I’ve been sacked in my save despite having a manager performance of B- (and surpassing every expectation plus club vision ones except the FA Cup target) according to the board because I didn’t fulfil a promise of playing youth players. Now this is not something that’s part of the club vision or something that I promised when I took up the job, it’s something that happened when I wanted to move an ageing Varane on high wages who was unsettled anyways with a year left on his contract and the board refused a decent fee for him because they thought it was too low for some reason and so I ended up giving that promise.

In his place I wanted to play a Norway wonderkid who the club had bought before me but was on loan for the last two seasons and he ended up making thirty appearances in the season out of which twenty were starts. In addition I’ve also given decent minutes to Garnacho and Mainoo. Now my question is if these don’t count as youth players anymore because the latter two are 22 years old and if the former isn’t considered youth because he’s 21 years old and not club-grown? Because when I’ve made similar promises to players they’ve usually been satisfied with scenarios like above. 

Further the sacking was completely abrupt with the only reminder of it being hidden in the promises tab. There was no indication that I would be sacked if I failed it too. You usually tend to get an emergency board meeting if you’re failing to meet expectations or failed to meet a target, why was nothing triggered in this instance? Worst of all, the sacking was done the day after the final league match day, on the day when my summer signing won the PFA Young Player of the Year award (oh, the irony) and with the Europa League final in two days. A club that hadn’t played any form of European football for the two seasons prior to this one and had no expectations of Champions League qualification decided to sack their manager two days before their most important game of the season. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive started giving big contracts, long ones too to keep players happy.

I have won everything the last 3 years, I am the biggest team in the world and my inbox is filled with moaning. Half of my team now hate me....

Screenshot2024-03-12at13_25_28.png.9d72ce7baa2e9687fbfdb0f446115ac4.png

11 minutes ago, Kloppy said:

I have won everything the last 3 years, I am the biggest team in the world and my inbox is filled with moaning. Half of my team now hate me....

Report this in the bug tracker, please.

1 hour ago, Socerer 01 said:

In his place I wanted to play a Norway wonderkid who the club had bought before me but was on loan for the last two seasons and he ended up making thirty appearances in the season out of which twenty were starts. In addition I’ve also given decent minutes to Garnacho and Mainoo. Now my question is if these don’t count as youth players anymore because the latter two are 22 years old and if the former isn’t considered youth because he’s 21 years old and not club-grown? Because when I’ve made similar promises to players they’ve usually been satisfied with scenarios like above. 

Sacking you 2 days before a final is clearly silly and this module does seem rather too sensitive. On the other hand you made a promise to the Board which it doesn’t seem like you made much of an effort to keep. Established 22-year old first team regulars are not youth team players and your wonderkid just spent two years on loan so isn’t counted as coming from your youth team (and playing him alone wouldn’t be enough anyway).

Lesson learned eh? :brock:

7 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

Sacking you 2 days before a final is clearly silly and this module does seem rather too sensitive. On the other hand you made a promise to the Board which it doesn’t seem like you made much of an effort to keep. Established 22-year old first team regulars are not youth team players and your wonderkid just spent two years on loan so isn’t counted as coming from your youth team (and playing him alone wouldn’t be enough anyway).

Lesson learned eh? :brock:

Garnacho and Mainoo are not established first team regulars in this save though, they were both out on loan in the last two seasons with Mainoo being out on loan in the Championship. It’s the club grown aspect of it that I’m doubtful about since when I’ve made similar promises to players when they got upset over lack of replacements or continental football they tended to be fine when I played players who weren’t club grown in those positions. At worst you shouldn’t be sacked for it without any form of board meeting asking to explain yourself. 

The only lesson I’ve learnt is that promises as a whole are completely finicky. :lol: I don’t mind it though since they lost the final after that and I’ve now taken over at Liverpool who are in a better position. Can’t wait to make these fools regret their decision and can’t wait to see them slide into mid table mediocrity again. :D

2 hours ago, Litmanen 10 said:

I'm totally fine with defenders making errors and defending being bad at times in the game. But like mentioned, scenarios like that have nothing to do with senior level football and should never happen in the game. 

Also a good example why I still never use the 3D match engine. :)

Lincolns 5th goal their player literally runs 2/3rds of the pitch entirely unchallenged then the first Barnsley player to attempt a challenge literally just jumps out of the way of the ball!

Goals like the one Rashidi posted happen a surprising amount in senior professional football IMO.

46 minutes ago, Socerer 01 said:

Garnacho and Mainoo are not established first team regulars in this save though, they were both out on loan in the last two seasons with Mainoo being out on loan in the Championship. It’s the club grown aspect of it that I’m doubtful about since when I’ve made similar promises to players when they got upset over lack of replacements or continental football they tended to be fine when I played players who weren’t club grown in those positions. At worst you shouldn’t be sacked for it without any form of board meeting asking to explain yourself. 

The only lesson I’ve learnt is that promises as a whole are completely finicky. :lol: I don’t mind it though since they lost the final after that and I’ve now taken over at Liverpool who are in a better position. Can’t wait to make these fools regret their decision and can’t wait to see them slide into mid table mediocrity again. :D

Youth players only seem to count if you promote them from the U18's/U21's as being youths it doesn't seem to take their age into account.

This is just a guess From observations rather than actually knowing though.

2 hours ago, Kloppy said:

This is insane

4 minutes ago, Kloppy said:

I have reported plenty in the bug tracker and plenty of save files too.

They did not fix any of them.

I won't bother again.

Then why complain here? It takes the same amount of time to report it there as in here... This is a bug report, not feedback.

2 hours ago, Kloppy said:

Player interactions, squad happiness and interpersonal relationships within the squads need to be rethought or just mostly done away with imho. I just had a squad mutiny attempt because I warned Raheem Sterling about his form for the third time in a season and he refused to adhere to a performance-related promise after two attempts despite agreeing for the third time that he wasn't performing well and needed to do better (7.20 and 7.10 are apparently too high for a supposed quality player with an Important Player squad status). So I demoted him to Squad Player and he got upset - fine, I don't care how he feels about it because I'll be looking to offload him soon since he's useless, but 10 other players getting so upset that they want to call a team meeting a day after this to tell me he needs to be starting more games just because I demoted him? Seriously? He's started every single game he's been available for and we're almost through the whole season now in March. He doesn't contribute any assists or goals. Why are the other players even concerned with this? It doesn't make any sense and this stuff doesn't happen in reality. Don't even get me started on when this stuff occurs because some player didn't get their expensive contract despite not being good enough - and players asking for new contracts when they still have multiple years left on ones they recently signed is something else that should've been sorted by now.

1 hour ago, Kloppy said:

Stopped playing the save, probably my last.

Spent so much time on the save for it to be ruined like that.

Curtis Jones kicked up about game time after posting that which was the final straw.

For ludicrous meltdowns like that I just use the IGE to remove unhappiness. I know it grates to pay for something to address problems, but I just think of it as part of the price of the game.

What you see here happens because club reputations don’t change fast enough, and because the algorithm that determines when players kick off doesn’t have sufficient sense-checks built in.

3 hours ago, southside said:

The transfer prices seen to have went wild for me since the patch

Same here to an extent. I don’t know if it’s because the update has overruled the realism editor files or something but almost every good player at the top clubs in the Prem are valued in the triple figures when that wasn’t the case prior to the update. I wouldn’t mind it if my own players were valued similarly but they’re not. Trent has a valuation similar to Gibbs-White, Harwood-Bellis, Janelt, Rutter, Sangare, Ramsey and Brennan. Even worse is Pedri, arguably the best midfielder in the league having a max valuation of 76 million pounds while a similarly good midfielder in Ødegaard has a minimum valuation of over 200 million. 

3 minutes ago, Socerer 01 said:

Same here to an extent. I don’t know if it’s because the update has overruled the realism editor files or something but almost every good player at the top clubs in the Prem are valued in the triple figures when that wasn’t the case prior to the update. I wouldn’t mind it if my own players were valued similarly but they’re not. Trent has a valuation similar to Gibbs-White, Harwood-Bellis, Janelt, Rutter, Sangare, Ramsey and Brennan. Even worse is Pedri, arguably the best midfielder in the league having a max valuation of 76 million pounds while a similarly good midfielder in Ødegaard has a minimum valuation of over 200 million. 

Not just every good player. Every even average to half decent EPL, la liga, bundesliga, serie A player ranges fron 60-120m and good to very good players are lot more than that upto £250m plus. It wasnt as bad as this before and i never even had any mods

Just now, southside said:

Not just every good player. Every even average to half decent EPL, la liga, bundesliga, serie A player ranges fron 60-120m and good to very good players are lot more than that upto £250m plus. It wasnt as bad as this before and i never even had any mods

On the default database without the realism files I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case since it was the same for me in the past. 

Not to argue for and against about some attributes more important topic -I very much enjoy match engine this year; although central creativity and lack of inside dribbles from wings still very much lacking- This match engine bias about physical attributes will be adressed in here or FM'25? Or the problem is more recent(couple of versions) about a striker missing complaints from players, resulted every one can score even with 1 attribute about finishing and technique in recent engine(s).

Edited by baris28

8 horas atrás, XaW disse:

Then why complain here? It takes the same amount of time to report it there as in here... This is a bug report, not feedback.

It's a little complicated to want to dictate what should or shouldn't be feedback. This type of bug should not even be considered existing IN THE MOST COMPLETE VERSION OF ALL TIME.

8 hours ago, southside said:

It's odd because I am seeing an opposite thing. Many good La Liga players are now valued just a couple of millions and they are moving clubs for peanuts. Before the winter update these were more balanced and AI teams often even asked for the release fee clause prices. 

I used to receive sensible bids for players like Juan Miranda or Youssuf Sabaly but now the AI teams are offering 5 million for Miranda and 1 million for Sabaly. Why on earth would I sell good La Liga level players for that? 

5 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

It's a little complicated to want to dictate what should or shouldn't be feedback. This type of bug should not even be considered existing IN THE MOST COMPLETE VERSION OF ALL TIME.

When someone does not have a good day; it's not his house to speak like that.

2 hours ago, Litmanen 10 said:

It's odd because I am seeing an opposite thing. Many good La Liga players are now valued just a couple of millions and they are moving clubs for peanuts. Before the winter update these were more balanced and AI teams often even asked for the release fee clause prices. 

I used to receive sensible bids for players like Juan Miranda or Youssuf Sabaly but now the AI teams are offering 5 million for Miranda and 1 million for Sabaly. Why on earth would I sell good La Liga level players for that? 

Human manager players receiving lowball offers is nothing new.

I’m convinced that there’s some aspect of artificial difficulty introduced now in this update. :lol: Two different clubs and my players keep underperforming in xG for and against. I had an easier time with a lower rated club prior to the update. Feels oddly reminiscent of FM 23. 

14 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

For ludicrous meltdowns like that I just use the IGE to remove unhappiness. I know it grates to pay for something to address problems, but I just think of it as part of the price of the game.

Does the In Game Editor cost money or is that the other one? 

8 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

Not always, but a bug, which this clearly is, should go where bugs go. And bug reports aren't feedback, they are bug reports.

Feedback would be "I've reported it, but I would also like to point out that the happiness module does not seem to work as I would have expected it to in general. I think players are far too quick to anger in situations like this. etc etc etc)"

See the difference? One is a bug report, the other is feedback. If he had written something along the lines of what I wrote, then I wouldn't have done much other than perhaps suggest to report it as a potential bug, since SI treat bugs in hte bug tracker. This thread is more to gauge the overall feedback and not dive into each and every issue.

Way too easy 

I played with Juventus against Inter and won 4-1, Inter played like a whatsoever Salernitana

This edition is really very very bad, not challenging at all

Won't play anymore

49 minutes ago, Socerer 01 said:

Human manager players receiving lowball offers is nothing new.

I’m convinced that there’s some aspect of artificial difficulty introduced now in this update. :lol: Two different clubs and my players keep underperforming in xG for and against. I had an easier time with a lower rated club prior to the update. Feels oddly reminiscent of FM 23. 

Doesn't apply just to my team. The transfer values in general seem low now if we don't talk about players with high quality and reputation. For example Villarreal sold Juan Foyth to Inter for 10 million euros and this is a price for a really important player who is 27 years old and who was signed for 17 million, I think. Doesn't make any sense to me. 

I would also have been able to pick multiple good players from my rivals for 3-7 million euros. Players that are 'good' La Liga players and also used at least as rotation options and even regular starters. 

Before the update I received 8+ million bids for Sabaly and 20+ for Miranda and these have now changed to 800k-1.5m and 5-7m. 

Doesn't make any sense to me and it might even destroy the whole save game for me. 

1 hour ago, steve.bs69 said:

Way too easy 

I played with Juventus against Inter and won 4-1, Inter played like a whatsoever Salernitana

This edition is really very very bad, not challenging at all

Won't play anymore

But you are Juventus lool what's the complaint here?

I really don't understand these sort of moans.

You picked Juventus (a good team that beat Inter 2-0 last season) and beat Inter (a good team). But because Inter are doing exceptionally well IRL, that means you must not be able to beat them in your game?

Not being funny here but you put a challenge in the same complaint as saying you played with Juventus and possibly did little to make that individual save challenging. Likely, game winners such as Dušan Vlahović and Federico Chiesa helped you win the game as they have the ability to do so. Not to mention having a top CM in Locatelli and CB in Bremer.

The majority of these posts are and will be taken with a grain of salt because it's just a complaint with no substance. Even had you posted a screenshot of the win, it helps a little % more. But who knows, it could be a 4-1 win because your team was clinical and Inter missed chances. Maybe you've given yourself such attributes and reputation at the start of the game, you are practically on the same level or even better in the game than Inzaghi. These little things nobody knows so extremely difficult to really understand the complaint.

I get it. People have posted similar "game is too easy" complaints so others will continue without having to provide any sort of evidence to back that up.

Here are the major clubs in Serie A ranked. You selected the top. Juve. Albeit, Inter may have a better squad, you are still playing with the club that has the highest reputation in Italy. As mentioned before, mixed with a manager profile that has great playing-level experience and attributes, you too are a force to be reckoned with. For as long as I can remember, you'd always be able to pick a great team in a league and beat other great teams in FM.

image.thumb.png.e972500ff3bf1edf792c62dfd3f0b22c.png

Edited by RDF Tactics

1 hour ago, Litmanen 10 said:

Doesn't apply just to my team. The transfer values in general seem low now if we don't talk about players with high quality and reputation. For example Villarreal sold Juan Foyth to Inter for 10 million euros and this is a price for a really important player who is 27 years old and who was signed for 17 million, I think. Doesn't make any sense to me. 

I would also have been able to pick multiple good players from my rivals for 3-7 million euros. Players that are 'good' La Liga players and also used at least as rotation options and even regular starters. 

Before the update I received 8+ million bids for Sabaly and 20+ for Miranda and these have now changed to 800k-1.5m and 5-7m. 

Doesn't make any sense to me and it might even destroy the whole save game for me. 

I'm somewhat in agreement. The only thing is that I haven't done a normal save since near release so values/offers, I don't really notice (I just use reject all offers when doing tactic tests lol).

But I do have a couple save files and this one in particular, I understand where you're coming from. So, I'm Benfica and won the Portuguese League, all domestic cups but also reached the UCL Semi-Finals.

Antonio Silva = £17-£20mil value. He also just signed a new long-term deal. His value IMO should be a lot higher.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.464c47208970b74c17e8954b287689b6.png

But then Morato = £28-£36mil. Antonio Silva is a Portugal international player and has a higher reputation. 

David Neres is valued at £750k-£1.6mil. 11 goals, 17 assists and is valued below £1mil. That's the most surprising and falls in line with your randomly low values. 4 more years on his contract.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.da66c2112b251b8aaed3cb584f467b27.png

Edited by RDF Tactics

30 minutos atrás, RDF Tactics disse:

But you are Juventus lool what's the complaint here?

I really don't understand these sort of moans.

You picked Juventus (a good team that beat Inter 2-0 last season) and beat Inter (a good team). But because Inter are doing exceptionally well IRL, that means you must not be able to beat them in your game?

Not being funny here but you put a challenge in the same complaint as saying you played with Juventus and possibly did little to make that individual save challenging. Likely, game winners such as Dušan Vlahović and Federico Chiesa helped you win the game as they have the ability to do so. Not to mention having a top CM in Locatelli and CB in Bremer.

The majority of these posts are and will be taken with a grain of salt because it's just a complaint with no substance. Even had you posted a screenshot of the win, it helps a little % more. But who knows, it could be a 4-1 win because your team was clinical and Inter missed chances. Maybe you've given yourself such attributes and reputation at the start of the game, you are practically on the same level or even better in the game than Inzaghi. These little things nobody knows so extremely difficult to really understand the complaint.

I get it. People have posted similar "game is too easy" complaints so others will continue without having to provide any sort of evidence to back that up.

Here are the major clubs in Serie A ranked. You selected the top. Juve. Albeit, Inter may have a better squad, you are still playing with the club that has the highest reputation in Italy. As mentioned before, mixed with a manager profile that has great playing-level experience and attributes, you too are a force to be reckoned with. For as long as I can remember, you'd always be able to pick a great team in a league and beat other great teams in FM.

image.thumb.png.e972500ff3bf1edf792c62dfd3f0b22c.png

This top Juventus was relegated in my save playing as Sampdoria. So, the game is not only easy, the AI is stupid as well to accomplish a relegation as Juve. 

4 minutos atrás, RDF Tactics disse:

"yeah sure" to your comment.

I wouldn't be sitting 13th claiming the game is too easy. That seems very respectable.

Also, Juve relegated?

13th as Sampdoria that just got promoted. Easy. Juve relegated. 

An effort has been obviously made to make FM cater for a broader/more casual audience. It's simply a fact. Many features, you don't have to use most of them to win. Meanwhile, artificial obstacles like players complaining for nothing, players demanding ridiculous stuff, reputation not changing the way it should - which makes for stupid stuff like the guy who won everything with Liverpool and had his players wanting to "move for a bigger club"... 

I keep playing the game because I like to watch the matches, but the more you delve into FM, the more ridiculous stuff you will find. 

3 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

13th as Sampdoria that just got promoted. Easy. Juve relegated. 

An effort has been obviously made to make FM cater for a broader/more casual audience. It's simply a fact. Many features, you don't have to use most of them to win. Meanwhile, artificial obstacles like players complaining for nothing, players demanding ridiculous stuff, reputation not changing the way it should - which makes for stupid stuff like the guy who won everything with Liverpool and had his players wanting to "move for a bigger club"... 

I keep playing the game because I like to watch the matches, but the more you delve into FM, the more ridiculous stuff you will find. 

Too easy because it never happens. Girona didn't finish 10th then next season in a title race. Never happens.

Genoa promoted from Serie B, currently 10th in Serie A...Only one of the teams promoted from Serie B are in the bottom 3.

Clearly, it's a good game. FM has issues, nobody has ever denied that. But it's constant rants and even in subjects about one thing, it rants off to another just to show displeasure in the game. You're now saying 13th as Sampdoria is too easy when there are many many many examples of promoted sides staying up and finishing in good places. It's not completely uncommon for you to be 13th.

17 minutos atrás, RDF Tactics disse:

Too easy because it never happens. Girona didn't finish 10th then next season in a title race. Never happens.

Genoa promoted from Serie B, currently 10th in Serie A...Only one of the teams promoted from Serie B are in the bottom 3.

Clearly, it's a good game. FM has issues, nobody has ever denied that. But it's constant rants and even in subjects about one thing, it rants off to another just to show displeasure in the game. You're now saying 13th as Sampdoria is too easy when there are many many many examples of promoted sides staying up and finishing in good places. It's not completely uncommon for you to be 13th.

I'm not saying it never happens and I'm not even complaining about the game, just saying it is easy. The point was just to reply to your argument saying Juve is a top team in Italy to justify the guy winning 4-1, when this same top team that wins a derby 4-1 managed by a human, got relegated being managed by the AI. Of course, different saves, different outcomes, but there is a big gap between a good FM player and the AI. 

Like someone said earlier, FM is  hard to master but once you learn what works and what doesn't work, which buttons to click and which ones to avoid, game gets easy because the AI never progresses.

Edited by Rodrigogc

1 minute ago, Rodrigogc said:

I'm not saying it never happens and I'm not even complaining about the game, just saying it is easy. The point was just to reply to your argument saying Juve is a top team in Italy to justify the guy winning 4-1, when this same top team that wins a derby 4-1 managed by a human, got relegated being managed by the AI. Of course, different saves, different outcomes, but there is a big gap between a good FM player and the AI. 

But you are. By saying "13th as Sampdoria that just got promoted. Easy." That is suggesting you shouldn't be where you are. This is what I mean by people are just ranting off for the sake of it. That Sampodoria statement isn't constructive. This all leads back to my point of empty statements - people just saying things because it's easy rather than constructive.

I made points that COULD justify the win. But as I stated, he did not post the win so we can not conclude that result. Was it a lucky win? Did he have 30 shots to Inter's 4?... You don't possibly know if it was an "easy" win. We're just assuming that he picked Juve, did not use an aggressive tactic in order he wins, then complain he won. Because we can not see the win.

The AI not being good is something we all know. Everybody and their pet wants that to be improved. It doesn't then mean that everyone's "game is too easy" complaint carries the same weight. Some say it in moments where it's not entirely the case for them.

9 minutos atrás, RDF Tactics disse:

But you are. By saying "13th as Sampdoria that just got promoted. Easy." That is suggesting you shouldn't be where you are. Some say it in moments where it's not entirely the case for them.

I'm suggesting that playing as a team that just got promoted being a human manager sitting at 13th, while Juve (a top team) got relegated being managed by the AI just shows the big gap between Human managers and the AI. The game is not easy because things like that "never happen", it is easy because the AI is stupid and never progresses. 

Anyway, this discussion won't go anywhere. A constructive reply would be obvious: make the game harder, the AI more challenging. But this won't happen, and we all know the reason why. Different levels of AI would be the best way to satisfy everyone, but that won't happen as well, because of obvious reasons. 

Edited by Rodrigogc

21 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

Like someone said earlier, FM is  hard to master but once you learn what works and what doesn't work, which buttons to click and which ones to avoid, game gets easy because the AI never progresses.

This is true but it is never going to change and I hope it doesn’t because the commercial survival of the game depends on it appealing to a large casual base.

Where my sympathy wanes is players (not saying this is you) doing all the things they know will make them win and then complaining that the game makes it too easy to do those things. Gegenpress OP? Don’t use gegenpress then. Too easy to buy wonderkids? Don’t buy wonderkids then. And so on.

For all its faults FM gives us a huge sandbox to play in. For your Sampdoria save, what’s the story you created? Youth team players? Former legends back as coaches? Using links to one or two countries? Does your manager have a character you play? Do you scout by personality? What limits do you have on transfers? Maybe you’ve done all these, I don’t know. But you can!

Edited by NineCloudNine

I'm suggesting that playing as a team that just got promoted being a human manager sitting at 13th, while Juve (a top team) got relegated being managed by the AI just shows the big gap between Human managers and the AI. The game is not easy because things like that "never happen", it is easy because the AI is stupid and never progresses. 

What I'm getting at...

Example...."this game match engine is so bad, I can't get my striker to score"....now does this automatically mean the striker can't score because the ME is bad just because I said so? Or could there be something I'm doing that affects my striker? This is the sort of stuff I'm getting at. Winning 4-1 with Juve doesn't automatically mean it's because the game is too easy. That's one match, he can very well go on to lose your next 2.

But also, AI managers are above the Juve AI manager. So you are also showing us there's a level gap being AI manager and AI manager. Clearly, look at Milan vs the rest. It's not just you vs Juve AI manager, there are 18 other teams and managers.

I understand your point. People just aren't putting it forward in the best way.

1 minuto atrás, NineCloudNine disse:

This is true but it is never going to change and I hope it doesn’t because the commercial survival of the game depends on it appealing to a large casual base.

Where my sympathy wanes is players (not saying this is you) doing all the things they know will make them win and then complaining that the game makes it too easy to do those things. Gegenpress OP? Don’t use gegenpress then. Too easy to buy wonderkids? Don’t buy wonderkids then. And so on.

For all its faults FM gives us a huge sandbox to play in. For your Sampdoria save, what’s the story you created? Youth team players? Former legends back as coaches? Using links to one or two countries? Does your manager have a character you play? Do you scout by personality? What limits do you have on transfers? Maybe you’ve done all these, I don’t know. But you can!

Yes, we all know the reason why the game has to be easy. Being easy doesn't make the game bad, but it undermines long term saves, which only a few players really play. The best way to solve this problem would be making different leves of AI, like in chess. In chess there are many levels of engine, and the best one is way better than any human on earth. You can play against it, you will lose, but you have the option. 

In FM we have only one level of engine, because it is probably impracticable to make many levels of engine. 

3 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

This is what I was getting at as well regarding the Juve result. The poster didn't post the result. For all we know, he got a 4231 from you-know-where and beat Inter 4-1 at home.

People post with no background or explanation. It's hard at times not to challenge some of what people are posting lool

The best way to solve this problem would be making different leves of AI, like in chess. In chess there are many levels of engine, and the best one is way better than any human on earth. You can play against it, you will lose, but you have the option. 

This won’t happen, it’s too expensive. If difficulty levels were introduced then it would work the same way as every other numbers-based game, which would be to artificially boost AI numbers and/or nerf players’. Every calculation with a 10, 20 or 30% modifier etc. I can see the case for that, but I bet that for every person using such a system to make their game harder, 10 will use it to make their game easier :lol:.

The game can already be as hard as you choose to make it.

Is there going to be another update? I want to start a save with Manchester United and was gonna wait,  if there is going to be another update with Ratcliffe investment?

4 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

But you are. By saying "13th as Sampdoria that just got promoted. Easy." That is suggesting you shouldn't be where you are. This is what I mean by people are just ranting off for the sake of it. That Sampodoria statement isn't constructive. This all leads back to my point of empty statements - people just saying things because it's easy rather than constructive.

I made points that COULD justify the win. But as I stated, he did not post the win so we can not conclude that result. Was it a lucky win? Did he have 30 shots to Inter's 4?... You don't possibly know if it was an "easy" win. We're just assuming that he picked Juve, did not use an aggressive tactic in order he wins, then complain he won. Because we can not see the win.

The AI not being good is something we all know. Everybody and their pet wants that to be improved. It doesn't then mean that everyone's "game is too easy" complaint carries the same weight. Some say it in moments where it's not entirely the case for them.

If the results in FM would always be a one on one copy of irl, it would make the game a bit boring to me 😅 I love the storylines that unfold within the game. Small clubs overperforming and big clubs falling down the ladder. It creates your own world. 

Funny anecdote… I remember back on fm10 i saw ADO Den Haag (which is a very small club in dutch football) finish in 5th or 6th place in the dutch Eredivisie in my save. I was like come on how unrealistic is this?! 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Then one season later in real life, 2010/11, ADO ended up finishing in 7th place in the league qualifying for european playoffs 😂

Suddenly not so unrealistic anymore.. lool

Edited by Kevinho7

28 minutos atrás, Kevinho7 disse:

If the results in FM would always be a one on one copy of irl, it would make the game a bit boring to me 😅 I love the storylines that unfold within the game. Small clubs overperforming and big clubs falling down the ladder. It creates your own world. 

Funny anecdote… I remember back on fm10 i saw ADO Den Haag (which is a very small club in dutch football) finish in 5th or 6th place in the dutch Eredivisie in my save. I was like come on how unrealistic is this?! 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Then one season later in real life, 2010/11, ADO ended up finishing in 7th place in the league qualifying for european playoffs 😂

Suddenly not so unrealistic anymore.. lool

I don't want to be that guy, but ADO Den Haag is not that small. They have won 2 Eredvise titles in the past, but it is the same number of titles that AZ have won for instance. They were coached by Ernst Happen (one of the best coaches of the past century) and won the Dutch cup in the 60s as well. FC Twente won only one Eredvise title and it wouldn't surprise anyone if they finish 3rd in the league. 

The Dutch and the Portuguese leagues in FM are similar in this sense, they are hard to win as a small club but not hard to finish around 4th~7th in the league. 

Edited by Rodrigogc