Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

9 minutes ago, janrzm said:

You should probs watch that again. It looks like a 4-3-3 DM to me. The player tracking back is the R/H Midfielder. On 9-10 seconds something weird happens, then he wakes up again before half heartedly carrying on. I don't know what attributes/traits etc could possibly explain that behaviour. 

Yeah i misread what you meant initially not realizing it was deeper into the clip than I realized. The CF starts tracking and gives up and passes him off to the midfield. That's what I thought you were referring to. After that then its 2v2 and the wide player cuts across the horizontal channels and it seems like the FB doesn't go with him immediately. The FB and RCM aren't sure who should take the runner inside so he seems to pause as a result of confusion. Lack of anticipation/decisions/concentration would be the first attributes that govern this sort of behavior. I don't see much wrong really here. Its just an uncommon play with a lot of little mistakes from the defensive team that culminates to a goal.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, chris72 said:

you deleted my post why dont u delete scripting from the game

the results are already decided before the game has even kicked off, its so obvious

How else should it work Mr.?They are not decided randomly, lots of factors matter just like IRL, quality (attributes), morale, fitness,form, home,away, etc, all these play a part and If you make your changes during the match(marking, exploiting slow players, exploiting shorter players on crosses etc etc etc)you can maybe tilt the results for or against you.

20 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Gotta admit there are some nice animations on the match engine, here in one of our first few league games of the season my ball playing defender goes off on a mad dribble starting from his own half, what is interesting is how some of the other players react. One of them clearly recognises the danger of the run and instructs others to attack the box.

That's some olé defense right there. How is it not one player even attempts to defend him?

22 minutes ago, Bahnzo said:

That's some olé defense right there. How is it not one player even attempts to defend him?

Ah there is a distinct difference when two sides of different quality face each other.

Anyone familiar with the Bundesliga knows that one of the first competitive matches for Bundesliga sides is a lower league match up in the DFB Pokal. So like some have noted,  there is a clear attribute mismatch. The opposition are slower and also confused by the run of the BPD. In real life I’ve seen defenders make that kind of run leaving opposing sides uncertain on whether to close them down or not.

4 hours ago, chris72 said:

the results are already decided before the game has even kicked off, its so obvious

So is your assertion then that you've never actually won a match on FM? You've never been able to achieve anything in the game? You've only ever won when the script determines you should win, every promotion you've ever had, every cup win or top flight trophy has been because someone at SI scripted it for that to happen to you?

I'd have to use the term playing in the loosest sense, but why are you playing something that you believe you're just an unwitting observer to? 

Just for the avoidance of doubt, your previous post was hidden for the way in which you wrote it. I would genuinely be interested in why you in turn play a game if you genuinely feel you have absolutely zero influence on what happens in it however. 

30 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

uncertain on whether to close them down or not.

Oh, they aren't uncertain on if they should close him down, they are wishing him a nice day as they watch him run by. I was sure the animations you were speaking of would be them waving at him. 

Edited by Bahnzo

3 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Ah there is a distinct difference when two sides of different quality face each other.

Anyone familiar with the Bundesliga knows that one of the first competitive matches for Bundesliga sides is a lower league match up in the DFB Pokal. So like some have noted,  there is a clear attribute mismatch. The opposition are slower and also confused by the run of the BPD. In real life I’ve seen defenders make that kind of run leaving opposing sides uncertain on whether to close them down or not.

come off it. this is clearly a ME issue.

This is not normal or something that should be swept under the rug by talking about attributes: 

image.thumb.png.6e0bb4690e3e944277d54431bc8e3e00.png

So just my opinion (right or wrong), it’s pleasing to see as the in-possession side.

but, I’d be flipping tables if i were the out of possession side :lol:. Some of the defensive movement/positioning and decisions I don’t find was unique to that highlight.

The point in this isn’t to pick the video apart. I’d just love to see some thing improve.

- I have a post already about the struggles of defending in a 442 because of wide players. As Hato is driving forward, we see the RM stuck to the LB. This created a huge gap/space for Hato to drive into. As Hato drives past, you see the RB doing the same thing and is so detached to his back line. We don’t possibly know the defensive instructions of the AI but it’s common for me (can check out the original post). IMO (right or wrong), first the RM should be doing better delaying Hato, forcing him to play a more simple pass to the LB.

- IF the AI was trying to force wide (my guess because of the strikers curved run to block the central pass) then it highlights the bad wide players positioning even more. IF was looking to force wide, the RM made no attempt to come inside and force Hato wide. IF being an important word.

- The CMs engagement. I know some have a point that Hato’s teammate running across caused a moment of uncertainty. If playing the clip slowly, the width between Hato and CM was already increasing. Whether Hato’s teammate ran across or doesn’t, Hato would still be able to travel that far simply because no engagement. CM further gives up towards the byline, in the very moment he should be closer to Hato. Then again, CMs attributes. We don’t know it but regardless, it doesn’t sit most comfortable. Hato travelling from one side to the other, naturally should be loosing some steam.

- the RB. Why he decides to run inside at an awkward time (not when the winger runs inside, but at around 00:10) rather than stay with his CM and double up on Hato, stopping that cross. Would be more typical defensive behaviour. By doubling up there, also potential of cutting out a pass back to edge of area. 

Off the ball, in possession, I think you see a lot of players taking incentive and making good decisions as play is developing. Making runs into channels - runs inside the box from wide etc etc. For me, defensively, the movement isn’t on the same level. Some off the ball runs are a lot more difficult to deal with and track. And so it should be. But you can easily be undone by a simple one dimensional run (example, RB so far from my RCB allows a CM to run and attack that channel. My defensive CM can struggle with an easy enough track).

But, as I said, that’s just me and what I see (agree or not) within my own games too and not purely based off the clip. There’s probably reasons to why the AI defended like how they did. Now ive gotten great results using a defensive minded system but it doesn’t necessarily result to me extremely happy with what I’m seeing in terms of shapes, defensive moments etc.

But importantly, we all have different eyes. Looking at and for different things. I can be a looking at things a lot more technical because of my nature and work. I’m looking at/for certain things when it comes to defending. 

36 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

So just my opinion (right or wrong), it’s pleasing to see as the in-possession side.

but, I’d be flipping tables if i were the out of possession side :lol:. Some of the defensive movement/positioning and decisions I don’t find was unique to that highlight.

The point in this isn’t to pick the video apart. I’d just love to see some thing improve.

- I have a post already about the struggles of defending in a 442 because of wide players. As Hato is driving forward, we see the RM stuck to the LB. This created a huge gap/space for Hato to drive into. As Hato drives past, you see the RB doing the same thing and is so detached to his back line. We don’t possibly know the defensive instructions of the AI but it’s common for me (can check out the original post). IMO (right or wrong), first the RM should be doing better delaying Hato, forcing him to play a more simple pass to the LB.

- IF the AI was trying to force wide (my guess because of the strikers curved run to block the central pass) then it highlights the bad wide players positioning even more. IF was looking to force wide, the RM made no attempt to come inside and force Hato wide. IF being an important word.

- The CMs engagement. I know some have a point that Hato’s teammate running across caused a moment of uncertainty. If playing the clip slowly, the width between Hato and CM was already increasing. Whether Hato’s teammate ran across or doesn’t, Hato would still be able to travel that far simply because no engagement. CM further gives up towards the byline, in the very moment he should be closer to Hato. Then again, CMs attributes. We don’t know it but regardless, it doesn’t sit most comfortable. Hato travelling from one side to the other, naturally should be loosing some steam.

- the RB. Why he decides to run inside at an awkward time (not when the winger runs inside, but at around 00:10) rather than stay with his CM and double up on Hato, stopping that cross. Would be more typical defensive behaviour. By doubling up there, also potential of cutting out a pass back to edge of area. 

Off the ball, in possession, I think you see a lot of players taking incentive and making good decisions as play is developing. Making runs into channels - runs inside the box from wide etc etc. For me, defensively, the movement isn’t on the same level. Some off the ball runs are a lot more difficult to deal with and track. And so it should be. But you can easily be undone by a simple one dimensional run (example, RB so far from my RCB allows a CM to run and attack that channel. My defensive CM can struggle with an easy enough track).

But, as I said, that’s just me and what I see (agree or not) within my own games too and not purely based off the clip. There’s probably reasons to why the AI defended like how they did. Now ive gotten great results using a defensive minded system but it doesn’t necessarily result to me extremely happy with what I’m seeing in terms of shapes, defensive moments etc.

But importantly, we all have different eyes. Looking at and for different things. I can be a looking at things a lot more technical because of my nature and work. I’m looking at/for certain things when it comes to defending. 

Forget parts of this as I just read the opposition is lower league.

Much of it still stands, just not relating to the clip.

Anyone who thinks that goal wouldn't happen IRL should watch all 5 of Lincolns goals against Barnsley at the weekend.

The fifth especially their bloke runs 70 yards with nobody even looking like they'll attempt a tackle.

6 hours ago, Bahnzo said:

Oh, they aren't uncertain on if they should close him down, they are wishing him a nice day as they watch him run by. I was sure the animations you were speaking of would be them waving at him. 

Have you seen Manchester United play football? This happens on average five times per game. 

10 hours ago, chris72 said:

Another poster who cba to look up how the match engine calculates results. It’s been explained a dozen times. Spoiler: it’s not scripted :brock:.

2 hours ago, Litmanen 10 said:

Even an amateur side would have played that situation way better

Can’t agree here, not all sides play well. People here make the assumption that even amateur sides will defend some situations well. That is one highlight from one game that shows a distinct difference in quality. The point behind that highlight was to showcase the player telling others to attack the box. Just like real life people read into things what they want to read.  I can also show you matches of brilliant defending where I get loads of clean sheets and matches where I tear teams apart. The reason is clear, ain’t the match engine.

Since it came in a few editions ago, the centre back dribbling possibilities and "brings ball out of defence" trait have clearly been absurdly overpowered. The player will just get it and rampage forward in a straight line, whilst you get the sense that there is some sort of exclusion zone forcefield in place around them that prevents the opposition engaging them and the path remains clear for them to keep going.

When these sorts of possibilities came into the game, I envisioned/hoped it would just be doing away with what FM'ers called the "invisible wall" for centre backs which stopped them doing anything once they hit a certain point on the pitch - and so just more aggressive positioning in possession (eg. pushing way up the field beyond the halfway line) or when carrying the ball just shuffling forward 10-15 yards situationally if space was available. That's more like real life happenings. Instead it's been over done in my opinion and you can link it back to the general problem with over aggressive wide play/dribbling/directness. The new era with FM25 needs to fundamentally rewrite how why and when players travel with the ball and not some arcade-y all or nothing roadrunner type stuff where every player with a role that encompasses dribbling tries to and can be Adama Traore.

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

Can’t agree here, not all sides play well. People here make the assumption that even amateur sides will defend some situations well. 

All sides that enter the German Cup should play the situation better. Even my free time football club consisting mainly of 30-40 year-old out-of-shape players would have defended that scenario better. 

43 minutes ago, Litmanen 10 said:

All sides that enter the German Cup should play the situation better. Even my free time football club consisting mainly of 30-40 year-old out-of-shape players would have defended that scenario better. 

You see schoolboy errors even at the highest level day to day Mr. Even lpool and City I'd say stones scoring at the near post poor defending 

1 hour ago, Davienene said:

You see schoolboy errors even at the highest level day to day Mr. Even lpool and City I'd say stones scoring at the near post poor defending 

That is no error. It's a big flaw in the system. Errors are fine in general but that kind of a goal has nothing to do with football.

And to another topic: I am the only one seeing extremely low transfer fees after the latest update? Just saw Sorloth moving to Bournemouth for 325 thousand euros. 

8 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

This is so boring. And what irritates the most is that this bug has been ignored by SI for years.

image.png.8897dd4ccea3e917665465195ddee580.png

What's the problem with this? He wants to start more games and he's only being used as a substitute. Unless there's something else the screenshot doesn't show?

1 minuto atrás, tezcatlipoca665 disse:

What's the problem with this? He wants to start more games and he's only being used as a substitute. Unless there's something else the screenshot doesn't show?

He was unhappy because I said that the position holder is better

4 minutos atrás, tezcatlipoca665 disse:

Is the bug that you feel like the players are too sensitive and overreact?

Yes. I think the complaints are very exaggerated considering the player's importance within the squad.

Just had a strange occurrence that hasn't happened to me before. 

I'm playing as Reading and my left back Clinton Mola received the ball and the game crashed. It froze and I had to restart my laptop.

I then went back on the game and after playing for an hour or so, I clicked on the same players profile and the game crashed again.

Not sure if this is a massive coincidence and my new laptop needs sending back, or if Clinton Mola is responsible :D

6 hours ago, mp_87 said:

Since it came in a few editions ago, the centre back dribbling possibilities and "brings ball out of defence" trait have clearly been absurdly overpowered. The player will just get it and rampage forward in a straight line, whilst you get the sense that there is some sort of exclusion zone forcefield in place around them that prevents the opposition engaging them and the path remains clear for them to keep going.

When these sorts of possibilities came into the game, I envisioned/hoped it would just be doing away with what FM'ers called the "invisible wall" for centre backs which stopped them doing anything once they hit a certain point on the pitch - and so just more aggressive positioning in possession (eg. pushing way up the field beyond the halfway line) or when carrying the ball just shuffling forward 10-15 yards situationally if space was available. That's more like real life happenings. Instead it's been over done in my opinion and you can link it back to the general problem with over aggressive wide play/dribbling/directness. The new era with FM25 needs to fundamentally rewrite how why and when players travel with the ball and not some arcade-y all or nothing roadrunner type stuff where every player with a role that encompasses dribbling tries to and can be Adama Traore.

This is why I retrain box2box midfielders to CBs. Onana at CB takes the ball from defense, runs the entire length of the pitch and puts in crosses and trough balls :lol:

2 hours ago, RHKC said:

Just had a strange occurrence that hasn't happened to me before. 

I'm playing as Reading and my left back Clinton Mola received the ball and the game crashed. It froze and I had to restart my laptop.

I then went back on the game and after playing for an hour or so, I clicked on the same players profile and the game crashed again.

Not sure if this is a massive coincidence and my new laptop needs sending back, or if Clinton Mola is responsible :D

Clinton Mola. Haha

You managed to get it sorted, or has it froze since?

3 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

Yes. I think the complaints are very exaggerated considering the player's importance within the squad.

Thing is with this one, I'm not sure the player is actually complaining.

Fabian Holland is letting you know something is affecting Klarer's mood. So giving you a heads-up before he does actually complain, There's no expectation for you to give him first-team football right away.

Playing time is an odd one. For me, if a player accepts impact sub then I still tend to give them a start here and there because I can't imagine them expecting to never start.

5 hours ago, -Jef- said:

Can someone explain this decision? :D

ck9vMds.gif

This **** pisses me off like just turn and shoot who the hell does this is in real life, absolutely nobody 

Don't know if it's new to FM24 or it was there in previous versions, but I have noticed that you can actually see the best youth academies via World > Club and rank them by stars. Contains Youth Facilities, Youth Recruitment and Junior Coaching. So, no need for Pre-Game Editor to rank them (or any third-party app). Nice!

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.9e41c82e781e92c1d3add05417f6c4d1.png

For me, it's not about how probable/possible that goal is or the difference in the quality of teams, certainly not if they are both of a professional standard. In fact I feel like the greater the gulf between the talent in those two teams the more likely it would be that someone just takes this player out...... :lol: It's more about unnatural actions and the way the game displays them. I can't think of an occasion where I've seen a player tracking back momentarily give up (short circuit) then reboot and go again. At worst there's something not right in the behaviours and at best it's an ugly visual representation of what's being calculated under the hood. But, either way I don't think we should be thinking its ok let alone celebrating it. 

1 hour ago, RDF Tactics said:

Clinton Mola. Haha

You managed to get it sorted, or has it froze since?

Scored 9 goals for me this season the little legend! I updated my drivers and haven't had a problem for the last couple of hours so fingers crossed! 

2 horas atrás, RDF Tactics disse:

Thing is with this one, I'm not sure the player is actually complaining.

Fabian Holland is letting you know something is affecting Klarer's mood. So giving you a heads-up before he does actually complain, There's no expectation for you to give him first-team football right away.

Playing time is an odd one. For me, if a player accepts impact sub then I still tend to give them a start here and there because I can't imagine them expecting to never start.

I know. But in the end, after a conversation, he ended up asking to be traded.

32 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

I know. But in the end, after a conversation, he ended up asking to be traded.

This all seems reasonable to me. 23-year old wants to be playing regular football. You can't give it to him so he asks to leave. What's the problem?

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Rashidi:

Can’t agree here, not all sides play well. People here make the assumption that even amateur sides will defend some situations well. That is one highlight from one game that shows a distinct difference in quality. The point behind that highlight was to showcase the player telling others to attack the box. Just like real life people read into things what they want to read.  I can also show you matches of brilliant defending where I get loads of clean sheets and matches where I tear teams apart. The reason is clear, ain’t the match engine.

tbf, the german lower division sides perform way worse in the cup in fm than in real life and most 4th and 5th division sides look way closer to pro level than you would expect. I don't expect them to necessarily deny this run, but they definetly should behave differently here. Especially Wingers are terrible out of possession as soon as the team has to drop deeper.

1 hora atrás, NineCloudNine disse:

This all seems reasonable to me. 23-year old wants to be playing regular football. You can't give it to him so he asks to leave. What's the problem?

In other words, you cannot have young reserves

22 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

Its interesting like I said what people read into the match egnine, my point of the video was to highlight the animation of the player calling others to attack the box.
This is the attributes of one of the players in the team that we were playing against. And he is their BEST player playing in defence

Player1.thumb.png.900de1219bf301cb898c05ff42748b88.png

And this is Hato

Hatp.thumb.png.557aadf76ed0ca64dc187fe9eba58000.png

The rb who gave up trying has determination of 4

RB.thumb.png.f4f1e58d64b6242d17c780041cf3a39d.png

The point of the video was to illicit a reaction, to show how people can react to what could purportedly look like a match engine flaw. If I were playing against a L2 Bundesliga side I would have filed that as a defending bug.  The animation of a player recognizing space to attack was what I was impressed with. The poor defending I expected. Naturally I don't expect to see it happen for EVERY wave of attack, which is the point. I expect to see some movement towards the ball carrier and some hesitation and confusion, after all the determination of the entire back 4 was 17 in TOTAL.  If I had scored 40 goals in that game yeah it would most definitely be an issue. 

I have been playing with a low block system this entire season, and I have seen some very good defending from top sides and from lower league sides.  We're talking low blocking for the whole game. There is definitely some decision making I would like to see improve in the match engine. The one I particularly hate, is when I tell the keeper to play it long and he decides to play it short and we concede or when I tell him to play it short and he plays it long and we concede. That happens to be my pet peeve. Lower block systems have been possible for the whole FM25 cycle.  AI systems need to recognise when I am playing a low block system that seeks to play it out of defence in and attempt to draw them higher up the pitch to hit through the lines. 

7 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

In other words, you cannot have young reserves

Of course you can. He was for a while. Now he wants to play more. So someone else moves up. I rarely have anyone over 23 on my benches. It is completely normal for a young player to want more game time as they get older/better. All squads are in a constant state of change of this sort. The balance is one of the core skills of managing a team.

What did you expect, that a 23 year old is going to spend his career being an impact sub for you? That role is designed for older players who can’t manage whole games. I still don’t know what you think the “bug” is.

The player interaction module as a whole needs a lot of work, but you’re complaining about an example of it working well.

11 hours ago, Itego said:

This **** pisses me off like just turn and shoot who the hell does this is in real life, absolutely nobody 

You are reading a whole lot into the movement of two small circles of pixels. I’m assuming he had his back to goal and was being tightly marked, plus another opponent is closing in. Turning and shooting isn’t as easy as you suggest. So he takes a low risk option. But it’s not really possible to tell for sure from that animation.

The graphics engine and the match engine both do weird stuff. It can be misleading to assume that what the GE shows you, especially in 2D, is a perfect reflection of what the ME is doing.

59 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

You are reading a whole lot into the movement of two small circles of pixels. I’m assuming he had his back to goal and was being tightly marked, plus another opponent is closing in. Turning and shooting isn’t as easy as you suggest. So he takes a low risk option. But it’s not really possible to tell for sure from that animation.

The graphics engine and the match engine both do weird stuff. It can be misleading to assume that what the GE shows you, especially in 2D, is a perfect reflection of what the ME is doing.

So he might have shot at goal ?

16 minutes ago, Mitja said:

So he might have shot at goal ?

Not if he has his back to goal, is being tightly marked by a player behind him and has another closing in. 

But who knows? We’re discussing a 3 second animation of an action by a small circle of pixels representing a player in a graphics interpretation of a match engine. Looking at that and going “thus would never happen in real life!” is absurd. We can’t even properly see what happened, let alone what match engine calculation it is supposed to represent.

16 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

Not if he has his back to goal, is being tightly marked by a player behind him and has another closing in. 

But who knows? We’re discussing a 3 second animation of an action by a small circle of pixels representing a player in a graphics interpretation of a match engine. Looking at that and going “thus would never happen in real life!” is absurd. We can’t even properly see what happened, let alone what match engine calculation it is supposed to represent.

And the player clearly has his back to goal. Two defenders behind him and no11 doesn't allow him to easily turn and shoot.

There is also no other passing option - to keep and retain possession, passing it back and resetting is really the only option.

And for people saying "this will never happen"...don't say that unless you are sure. Because I am 1000% sure similar has happened and will happen.

image.png.e2d07562d7ca796400aab46ae41a3633.png

3 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Its interesting like I said what people read into the match egnine, my point of the video was to highlight the animation of the player calling others to attack the box.
This is the attributes of one of the players in the team that we were playing against. And he is their BEST player playing in defence

Player1.thumb.png.900de1219bf301cb898c05ff42748b88.png

And this is Hato

Hatp.thumb.png.557aadf76ed0ca64dc187fe9eba58000.png

The rb who gave up trying has determination of 4

RB.thumb.png.f4f1e58d64b6242d17c780041cf3a39d.png

The point of the video was to illicit a reaction, to show how people can react to what could purportedly look like a match engine flaw. If I were playing against a L2 Bundesliga side I would have filed that as a defending bug.  The animation of a player recognizing space to attack was what I was impressed with. The poor defending I expected. Naturally I don't expect to see it happen for EVERY wave of attack, which is the point. I expect to see some movement towards the ball carrier and some hesitation and confusion, after all the determination of the entire back 4 was 17 in TOTAL.  If I had scored 40 goals in that game yeah it would most definitely be an issue. 

I have been playing with a low block system this entire season, and I have seen some very good defending from top sides and from lower league sides.  We're talking low blocking for the whole game. There is definitely some decision making I would like to see improve in the match engine. The one I particularly hate, is when I tell the keeper to play it long and he decides to play it short and we concede or when I tell him to play it short and he plays it long and we concede. That happens to be my pet peeve. Lower block systems have been possible for the whole FM25 cycle.  AI systems need to recognise when I am playing a low block system that seeks to play it out of defence in and attempt to draw them higher up the pitch to hit through the lines. 

God bless that RB :lol:

One thing I dislike and really affects my low block systems and I believe the team have also pointed this out (mentioning how your wingers look to man mark which already can mess up your shape), is the positioning of wide players. I do have a 442 post about it where the wingers, regardless of instruction set will look to mark their opposition FB or Wing back which does this. My RM Pipa is marking their wing-back for literally no reason here.

image.png.f92c762e168b32177dc944cb352c36d5.png

And this is what I pointed out from the video and said that regardless of opposition/level, I see this happening in the ME.

My RB and RM are marking Fiorentina's LM. Look at the gap firstly it creates between the central players and right-sided players. My channels are now wide open. This consttantly allows for players to freely dribble without engagement. Now I know the RB is very bad for the AI, but I see many FBs struggle with the same thing. Mostly because of the bad positioning.

image.thumb.jpeg.9d868e387d3e7361bfa5fb160198ae7d.jpeg

With things like this, I can never be truly happy with my low block shape as my whole intention is to be both narrow and compact. Due to no instruction that I can change, the ME forces players to do this.

For me, there's more improvements to be made other than decisions. Positioning is a major one for me. Players take up bad/unideal positions when in certain defensive situations. Can also ring true when high pressing - your initial prevent short GK distribution shape can be pretty bad with nothing for you to select to tweak players' positioning.

But these things are constant, which is why I was able to post what I did through previous experience rather than just based on that clip.

My number 20 and number 2 here marking their number 6. My RB shouldn't be far from his RCB and my RM shouldn't be far from the RCM but the spaces between here couldn't be bigger

Screenshot2024-02-19103529.png.0105c3a589cde9b4c18ee59d5f76519e.png

Just my opinion, I do think there's a little way to go with defending

Edited by RDF Tactics

23 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Anyone who thinks that goal wouldn't happen IRL should watch all 5 of Lincolns goals against Barnsley at the weekend.

The fifth especially their bloke runs 70 yards with nobody even looking like they'll attempt a tackle.

Still not anywhere near to the example that Rashidi posted. I could see that kind of goal scored maybe in little children's games but not in any level of senior football. 

In the Lincoln game you could see plenty of the chaos factory where teams win an lose possession multiple times within very short periods of time. Also some nice long and creative long balls, a delightful long shot from 25 yards out. 

Would have no complaints for any of those goals as they do make sense. 

25 minutes ago, Litmanen 10 said:

Still not anywhere near to the example that Rashidi posted. I could see that kind of goal scored maybe in little children's games but not in any level of senior football. 

In the Lincoln game you could see plenty of the chaos factory where teams win an lose possession multiple times within very short periods of time. Also some nice long and creative long balls, a delightful long shot from 25 yards out. 

Would have no complaints for any of those goals as they do make sense. 

Clearly not a Barnsley fan. Our defending was diabolical haha 

1 hour ago, RDF Tactics said:

do have a 442 post about it where the wingers, regardless of instruction set will look to mark their opposition FB or Wing back which does this

Totally agree, at the moment while low blocks can perform well, they can be even better if the game recognises that the choice of a low block means every player shouldn’t press the backline when they are playing out from the back. It’s also my pet peeve. I would much rather them drop back and close the passing lanes to the wingers instead. This allows teams to play out but then be forced with a dilemma whether to dribble or pass.  It seems to only happen when they are playing out from defence. The only low block games I have lost are those kind of games and it’s irksome cos it’s not what I had envisioned.

2 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Clearly not a Barnsley fan. Our defending was diabolical haha 

I'm totally fine with defenders making errors and defending being bad at times in the game. But like mentioned, scenarios like that have nothing to do with senior level football and should never happen in the game. 

Also a good example why I still never use the 3D match engine. :)