Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Tweaks to AI logic when evaluating whether to loan list young players

Can an SI member of staff clarify more regarding this change? My biggest gripe has been the lack of development in young players with enormous potential sitting in their club's reserves for season after season. Has this change been seen to rectify the problem and to what degree?

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

Same here, it's a huge let down and probably the most skill-less version of FM I can recall to date. I have no intention to invest in FM25, it's only the graphics changing so with all that being emphasised the ME will again be pretty stagnant without any progression, which going on this year's release it needs a complete overhaul for all the reasons that don't need repeating.

Somethimes less is more. They gave us 2 many tools in last 10 years, so even blind man can buy best players, use best tactic. I remember the times when you had just attributes, you had to use bit of your imagination to think what attributes suit what roles. 

Now with one click you can see everything and you cant make mistake.

All this things are not the problem. Problem is that they didnt invest time and money to make better AI. Now we have all the tools and AI is way behind us. And with every new version is getting worse and worse. 

I cant dominate Man city, Arsenal and clubs like them with my championship team. But i do. Never bigger gap between human player and AI. 

They must focus on AI and match engine. Just that. Who cares about Japaniese league, give us better ai. You have hundreds of pages with advices how to do that. 

1 hora atrás, -Jef- disse:

Didn't have to wait more than a week to get in progress players for North Macedonia, Bosnia, Serbia focus

Created a scouting focus in Germany at May 17th.

image.png.0714e17ae8fc02d5ecc7c1e66d0e39c0.png

Then, 10 days later:

image.png.e84aacf3f4805fc0af75c673f0846540.png

5 hours ago, D-Foxx said:

I have a great idea. Stop supporting the franchise and NOT BUY FM 25.

Honestly, please guys. It's the only way to get their attention.

Also rate or adjust your rating in steam accordingly :)

This ME seems very easy, therefore the AI cheats you with with ridiculous comebacks and opponents scoring in almost every single chance.
No changes on the ME means that this bad experience will go on.

To be honest, I will buy FM25 not only because I bought every single game for the last 20 years, but because I HOPE that real novelties will be implemented. If this random and pure RNG match engine remain I quit FM for good.

Roubo.png

27 minutes ago, zeza said:

Then, 10 days later:

Put PA to 0 as well and then try again

The game needs to reduce the absurd amount of penalties scored per game, it needs to be more balanced. I think one thing that is affecting everyone is the wingers not doing what is asked in the instructions such as low passes into the middle... few goals from direct free kicks.

Will we have a patch with transfer after closing the window like the previous FMS?

Has a major .3 patch ever been released so poorly, with so few changes? Even if SI is focusing their manpower on FM25, they shouldn't be compromising the user experience of FM24. 

Don't forget. The overwhelming majority of people who buy the FM series are existing users.

3 horas atrás, zeza disse:

Then, 10 days later:

One month later, 1 recommendation.. None in progress.

I've waited for 3 MONTHS for this to be fixed, heard almost nothing back from SI, only that it'd be some "tweaks" and the issue wasn't fixed. 

This is so disappointing.

6 hours ago, stevemc said:

Weird bug since the update, when you go tot make a sub in game, the whole team line up isn't in position order, and is mixed up... been fine prior to the update...

image.thumb.png.f2019fb7694a8631340904a7a612997a.png

This has actually been in the game for years.

2 hours ago, -Jef- said:

Put PA to 0 as well and then try again

We've all been through this. WHo are you playing as. I did some testing on 24.2.1 where I took Derby County, Newcastle and a Man Utd and simmed a month for recruiting results over the same time period. Derby County had bucket loads. Newcastle had a good amount. Man Utd had virtually nothing.

I'm trying it on 24.3 now that I've updated it. But I really hope this isn't some issue that the size of the team is pre-filtering results or the CA/PA buttons are broken.

Maybe I'm just not observant enough, but what's wrong with the ME? 😂😂

I play often enough, and have got through over ten seasons since the game was released playing with Extended Highlights, and I'm just not understanding all these complaints.

People saying they'll not play again and not buy the next interation...same hyperbolic nonsense every year.

Edited by tomtuck01
Spelling error.

Interesting. I don't have a strong opinion on whether the Match Engine should have updated (I've enjoyed my limited experience since upgrading from 22) but my feedback is that I am quite disappointed there's been no communication about it. Indications upon release were that they wanted to try and improve communication and transparency which is why I find it startling that for the first time they don't seem to have updated the ME in the post-Christmas patch and haven't said a single thing about it.

I suspect that they're probably happy with where it's at and have locked it down for the conversion to FM25 which is likely to be a huge undertaking but it'd be nice to hear something/anything when making such a big change to their standard post-release support.

Apologies if this is the wrong place but ever since the new update was released yesterday, my Steam account has been 'validating' and 'patching'.  It's been like this since yesterday afternoon.  It won't let me play the game again since.  This is the error message.  Can anybody advise what to do to get past this issue and carry on with my save?  If this should be elsewhere please point me in the right direction.... 

image.thumb.jpeg.bab76325bb9fe26db1e7181b5a9aada4.jpeg

I'm actually enjoying the match engine. My main gripe is the interaction element of the game. It's absolutely flawed and should have been fixed long ago.

Also, International management is still pointless and might as well be removed from the game.

On the whole I enjoy FM24, but I can see why lots of people have issues.

39 minutes ago, tomtuck01 said:

Maybe I'm just not observant enough, but what's wrong with the ME? 😂😂

Nothing that badly in my opinion. Throw-ins and set pieces in general are a bit of a mess but they have been like that for the last ten years. People should be used to it. 

I would enjoy if vision and intelligence would be easy to notice in the ME but on the other hand it's not totally non-existent as I got for example Cole Palmer performing magnificently well at Chelsea in Lampard-esque role. Players like Isco seem to be quite useless but this could also be down to my own tactics. 

I haven't seen a single goal from a direct free kick or a real long range goals from 30 yards out but this has also been the case in FM quite often. 

In general I like the match engine and the fact that for example wingers don't automatically perform well for me. 

Of course you need to sabotage your own gameplay somehow if you want to keep things close to realistic. This shouldn't be the case in my opinion but it's once again something that have had to do for years now. 

Avoid using gegenpressing, asymmetric formations, near post corner kick deliveries, short goal kicks etc. If you do these and don't use player and scout search, the game can actually be quite good even for long term saves. 

Edited by El Payaso

9 hours ago, Rodrigogc said:

The sad thing to me is that changes to ME is all I've been waiting for and cared about the most. I haven't played for 2 months and seeing the ME in the same state even with the new update kills my willingness to play this version. I think I could even endure the scouting issues and the bad interactions, but all I play FM for is the ME - and in its current state I find frustrating. I'm happy for those who actually like the ME, because if they fixed the scouting and other minor issues, the game will be very playable for them. To me, I'm done.

From FM20 to FM22 I haven't bought any version, bought FM23 and adored it, didn't like FM24 demo but fell for the promises and now I'll not be one buying FM25, unless there are massive changes. 

It's weird how many differences people see on each game. For me, 23 was an absolute shambles. The ME was a joke. 24 is light years ahead of it and I've clocked way more hours on 24 than I ever did on 23. 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, rlipscombe said:

Apologies if this is the wrong place but ever since the new update was released yesterday, my Steam account has been 'validating' and 'patching'.  It's been like this since yesterday afternoon.  It won't let me play the game again since.  This is the error message.  Can anybody advise what to do to get past this issue and carry on with my save?  If this should be elsewhere please point me in the right direction.... 

Hello, can you please create a support ticket with the link below.

https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

1 hour ago, Litmanen 10 said:

I haven't seen a single goal from a direct free kick or a real long range goals from 30 yards out but this has also been the case in FM quite often. 

I find that a bit surprising - I've seen plenty of direct free kick goals managing Sapporo, Kaiserslautern and now at Lazio (both for and against).  The most predictable and commonly scored one seems to be just outside the area on the right hand side taken by a right footer - you can tell when it's going to happen as the wall always looks slightly too far left. Ball is pinged into the top right corner and scored 60-70% of the time*.  Those really long range shots seem quite rare, but then they are IRL, too.  See plenty in the 20-25yd range.

* the other outcomes being hitting the corner of post and crossbar, or the GK flying like superman right into the very corner to turn it round the post.

EDIT:  Just remembered I was watching Loki Doki yesterday and he had a DFK scored against him with a low kick through the wall - now those really are rare!

Edited by rp1966

1 hour ago, rlipscombe said:

same thing happend to me (think its because of my custom files not 100%) i just verifed the game files in steam ( right click on fm24 in games libary click on  properties..click on installed files verify integrity of games files make sure all files validate ) worked for me 

44 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

I find that a bit surprising - I've seen plenty of direct free kick goals managing Sapporo, Kaiserslautern and now at Lazio (both for and against).  The most predictable and commonly scored one seems to be just outside the area on the right hand side taken by a right footer - you can tell when it's going to happen as the wall always looks slightly too far left. Ball is pinged into the top right corner and scored 60-70% of the time*.  Those really long range shots seem quite rare, but then they are IRL, too.  See plenty in the 20-25yd range.

* the other outcomes being hitting the corner of post and crossbar, or the GK flying like superman right into the very corner to turn it round the post.

EDIT:  Just remembered I was watching Loki Doki yesterday and he had a DFK scored against him with a low kick through the wall - now those really are rare!

Okay. I have clocked about three seasons in total and seen 0 for and against. The AI matches seem to produce some so it might just be bad luck. 

6 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

And some people in here also need to do/be better. If you think something is broken, don't just claim "OMG THIS IS BROKEN". Be constructive, post your findings and maybe that helps SI.

That is a negative about this place, imo. People find it easy to say things and not back it up. So people can just claim they're never playing it again etc etc, but that doesn't help anyone.

If people like the game as much as they say they do, taking 10 minutes away from your FM playing time and posting a constructive post here can be helpful.

This, really. Mods or SI will never remove negative comments as long as they don't are insulting. Actual good constructive negative feedback is very good, as it's something that helps the game improve.

Bugs should be reported in the bug tracker with examples of it. Here is the place for general how the game feels or if a feature is good or bad.

For anyone who want to post something, feel free to do so, but in additon to say what you dislike, also try to explain how it would be better. The more detail the better.

21 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

I've done my fair share of pointing out how the ME could improve so I'll only answer by speaking for myself. The ME is good. But, we've had a good ME for some time now and there's some frustration from me that it's not 'very good'. That sounds incredibly entitled and unappreciative given I have been playing since only commentary days.

I believe the ME can represent things a lot better. Given the introduction to positional play, they too clearly saw lots of room for improvement. For me, it's not all about the highlights we get shown - someone like me watching on extended, I observe and see a lot more.

- Many unforced underhit passes leading to unnecessary possession loss.

- Defenders opting to not head the ball back to the keeper when he clearly can, instead opting to head it in area that'll fall straight to their attacker. Again, unforced.

- Defenders/midfielders not tracking attacking runs through your channels.

- Attackers freely dribble between channels unchallenged.

- WCBs not defending wide areas in a 3 at the back.

- Wing-backs not attacking the box when playing a 3 at the back.

- Your GK ignoring your distribution instructions.

- Wide players lobbing the ball in the air to central midfield when cutting inside for no reason.

- Your players forcing lobbed through balls to your ST.

- Many long shots (wingers/fbs drive wide, instead of crossing, they cut back, pass to someone on the edge of the box and long shot).

- CB on cover, you don't see him actually dropping and sweeping up your defence line.

- Rarely, if ever, see your sweeper keeper coming out of his box to sweep up balls.

- They've removed the ability for your to press narrowly.

- Your defenders are too easily bamboozled by throw-ins.

- Not being able to press some defensive teams well enough to stop them just playing sideway passes and racking up high possession %

- Woodwork being hit so often.

- Final 60% of the pitch is chaos. Hence why every teams OPPDA is intense because it becomes a crazy game of football in that area. On average, only being able to string 5 passes in the opposition 60% half of the pitch (according to OPPDA data).

Now these are things I've gathered from observing (there's more). And these things have been an "issue" for a couple of years at least which is where, again speaking for myself, some of the frustration comes from. These things persist but then we get added stuff like positional play which is a welcome addition by the way, but I don't ignore the previous issues.

It doesn't make the game unplayable. But this is where maybe people's IRL football passion spills over. I love football and analyse it, so these things are easy to notice. Understood it's a game, but upon release, it's about "TRUER FOOTBALL MOTION, MATCH AUTHENTICITY" and when people don't feel they get that, that's adds fuel.

I get people hyperbole but just me speaking from my own personal opinion, SI add fuel to the fire (maybe not realising it). But making promises such as being more open and better communication, people aren't really getting that. Then down to the features, people don't feel they're getting what was put out by them. "MOST POLISHED VERSION" is such a huge statement to make - you have to back that up (or should back that up).

So, the ME is good. Deep down, we all know it's good. But I have this expectation that it should be better. That expectation is put on by SI 

Few days ago i wanted to say to you that you have really good posts, but i didnt had time.

Anyway, your posts are really good. Like i said the other day, i want to talk, write, read with people like you. To talk about tactics, formations.. but problem for me that game right now is really 2 easy, even when my team is underdog. Im giving maybe 30% of me and im winning.

Ill read your posts anyway, keep up.

Edited by Matej

15 minutes ago, Litmanen 10 said:

Okay. I have clocked about three seasons in total and seen 0 for and against. The AI matches seem to produce some so it might just be bad luck. 

I'm now in 2030, so a few more seasons of watching the ME for me.  Still would have expected at least a couple of DFKs (for or against) in your 3 seasons.  Maybe there's something about the way you play that doesn't create/concede that many freekicks.

20 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

- Your GK ignoring your distribution instructions.

This is a big frustration for me watching key highlights. I can see from the pass data that my keeper goes long much more often than he should but with key highlights if my keeper goes long then it's almost certain to lead to me conceding

7 hours ago, zeza said:

One month later, 1 recommendation.. None in progress.

I've waited for 3 MONTHS for this to be fixed, heard almost nothing back from SI, only that it'd be some "tweaks" and the issue wasn't fixed. 

This is so disappointing.

Did you put PA to 0 stars as well or are you just stubborn?

29 minutes ago, Iakovenko said:

This is a big frustration for me watching key highlights. I can see from the pass data that my keeper goes long much more often than he should but with key highlights if my keeper goes long then it's almost certain to lead to me conceding

It's a key highlight because it led to a goal.

3 hours ago, rlipscombe said:

Copy your C:Documents/Sports Interactive/FM24 folder to the desktop, then delete the one in C:Documents.  You do this to find out if there any corrupt files in your Documents subdirectory for FM24.  
Now start the game it should rebuild the Documents sub folder for FM24. If it runs smoothly then it could be one of the custom files that you have been using. 

3 hours ago, rlipscombe said:

I had this...i logged out of steam..logged out of the steam client itself but also i was logged in to steam on my web browser(chrome) so i logged off both of these.....restarted my pc and i followed what @Mush1983 said and bingo-Im running windows 11 also and have been having problems with certain issues....Not sure which method actually worked but it did work so hope this helps you...

It’s interesting how often people use what the graphics highlight shows as evidence of weaknesses in the match engine. They aren’t the same thing.

Player sprites do weird stuff and the selection of “highlights” can be eccentric, but then I go into the data centre and see that my players are doing pretty much what I asked of them.

I wonder also if the positive reaction to positional play is partly because we can see it happen right before our eyes, whereas pressing and defensive actions are poorly depicted by the graphics engine, even if they obviously are happening.

To be honest: I love the state of the game this year. Surely it isn’t perfect, but it so much more enjoyable than the previous years. And I actually played it more even though I had less time to play it. And I have been very vocal and critical of the game in the past. 

Of course it would have been nice if they did some fixed to the ME, but to me it shows they are full on working on FM 25. Which is a huge operation going to a new engine. 

Therefore, all things considered, I am totally fine with the update this year and while writing this I’m already excited to play again. And for the people less happy about it: that’s totally cool too. And its also totally fine to take a break. I have done in the past too! 

14 minutes ago, DoubleR said:

To be honest: I love the state of the game this year. Surely it isn’t perfect, but it so much more enjoyable than the previous years. And I actually played it more even though I had less time to play it. And I have been very vocal and critical of the game in the past. 

Of course it would have been nice if they did some fixed to the ME, but to me it shows they are full on working on FM 25. Which is a huge operation going to a new engine. 

Therefore, all things considered, I am totally fine with the update this year and while writing this I’m already excited to play again. And for the people less happy about it: that’s totally cool too. And its also totally fine to take a break. I have done in the past too! 

This sums up beautifully exactly how I feel. 

1 hour ago, Iakovenko said:

Has this ever worked in FM

1 minute ago, pw75 said:

Only comment I would make on this is that SI need to engage with the fanbase much better as well.

A lot of people post constructive information, report bugs, etc. then feel let down when SI either do nothing with them or at least that is the impression.  Communication has to be two ways otherwise it isn't communication.  I think if MJ has to apologise any more times it might be time for a change at the top.   

What do people really want or think is happening?  I think SI are quite open about wanting to be told what's wrong so they can go and fix it, but after that, what do people want?  Constant daily posts of "we're looking"?  With the best will in the world, reporting an issue is probably about 5% of getting it fixed, and in some cases that's generous. Complex-looking things might end up being easy, simple-looking things might end up being too costly or difficult to fix to be viable.  

I'm struggling to think of a way they could communicate without it descending into farce and being ruined by a small minority.  A full roadmap and insight into the nitty-gritty would hold value for me, but I expect that would be ammunition for certain people to chuck coal into the hype-train engine so they can complain later when it doesn't meet their completely made-up expectations.  Timelines would be an absolutely mental thing for them to communicate for obvious reasons.  As a developer myself, I'd far rather they spent their attentions actually working to fix things than feel they needed to coddle people who need them to throw out comments just to show they're not sitting twiddling their thumbs. And those people probably wouldn't be happy then anyway.

3 minutes ago, forameuss said:

What do people really want or think is happening?  I think SI are quite open about wanting to be told what's wrong so they can go and fix it, but after that, what do people want?  Constant daily posts of "we're looking"?  With the best will in the world, reporting an issue is probably about 5% of getting it fixed, and in some cases that's generous. Complex-looking things might end up being easy, simple-looking things might end up being too costly or difficult to fix to be viable.  

I'm struggling to think of a way they could communicate without it descending into farce and being ruined by a small minority.  A full roadmap and insight into the nitty-gritty would hold value for me, but I expect that would be ammunition for certain people to chuck coal into the hype-train engine so they can complain later when it doesn't meet their completely made-up expectations.  Timelines would be an absolutely mental thing for them to communicate for obvious reasons.  As a developer myself, I'd far rather they spent their attentions actually working to fix things than feel they needed to coddle people who need them to throw out comments just to show they're not sitting twiddling their thumbs. And those people probably wouldn't be happy then anyway.

Ive said this for a few years, id like to see them to a more detailed road map with greater communication but I'm not convinced that it wouldn't be ruined by a sizable minority on there. And we've seen it the few times they have tried to map it ahead, the womens football thread in particular. Communication goes both ways, its not about SI simply telling people what they would like to hear

Em 03/12/2023 em 20:52, akkm disse:

Absolutely there’s nuance to this whole thing. Creativity manifests itself in many ways besides the final pass/assist for goal. And it's this that's missing in FM and hence why they've needed that width/crossing for many years to provide that creativity. This has manifested itself in FM in other forms besides excessive crossing…with long shots/balls over the top and through the air being overpowered at times. Bar FM21 & FM22 that over reliance on these has been far too pronounced.

As you allude to...anyone who watches football should have noticed this.

One of the main differences between real world football and FM is how the middle of the pitch gets attacked.

In real world football the middle of the pitch is the most valuable real estate. This is how teams want to attack by default. There's a reason you see defensive teams stack the central areas and try to force opposition teams out wider. You don't see too many (if any) teams stack the wide areas by default and leave glaring holes down the middle of the pitch...for obvious reasons. 

So as said...by default a team should want to attack and create through the central areas. When that space is closed off and severely closed off then of course teams will move the ball wider. Of course though in the real world teams often move it wide to stretch teams whilst continuously recycling the ball to move opposition player/players out of position to slot one of their own players in on goal. Really that is to move it wide to move it back inside to thread a player in on goal...but that won’t always be doable. That of course then means play can be circulated for cut backs but the way the ball gets worked by a Man City, for example, is to get the ball into inside channels between full back and central defenders…so it’s as near to the goal as they can as it increases the quality of the chance they can create with these cut backs.

One thing to note is how the ball gets worked into that inside channel for the cut back. It’s often coming from moving the ball back inside and threading the ball into there for a cutback. It’s not really that the ball goes wide and stays there and gets worked down the line for a cross out wide. Obviously distance from the goal and requirement for a more accurate cross means this won’t consistently create high quality chances so this isn’t an optimal way of playing.

This is one of the main differences between real world football and FM.

FM doesn’t value the central areas as highly as it should and tends to move the ball too quickly out wide and it stays there before coming back in from wider areas to create that way either via a cross or inside for a long shot just too much at times. FM doesn’t work the ball into inside channels as well as it should either.

In FM the play in central areas, especially in the top third really, isn’t simulated at all well as to how the ball gets moved and should get moved through there to create openings and even link up play well. It’s like a repellent at times and players view it as a forbidden zone. It’s almost like the evaluation of space in there in 3 dimensions isn’t capturing real world human players ability to identify space, move into space and move the ball through space…ie that said space in FM is viewed as way tighter than human players in the real world view it. In the real world players will attempt to move the ball inside and up the middle more where in FM it’s more like “nope…middle isn’t on lets go wide” and view that space as being too tight to move themselves or the ball through/in…where the space isn’t as tight as they view it comparably to the real world. It seems to value passes to wide areas too highly in the hierarchy meaning the default attack can be out wide which is at odds/the opposite of real world fundamentals. This means the engine has great difficulty in producing creative passes in the form of threaded passes/through balls/progressive passes/'guiled' passes and all that good stuff.

That impacts how players in FM are then able to operate in central areas and tighter areas in general…they don't/can’t dribble, receive the ball or retain possession as well as they do in real world football. This has knock ons in the engine in terms of creativity and quality play overall..essentially in FM it’s too limited…and thus means the engine has to create goals/chances in less realistic ways. Last year, for example this caused central areas top third to be bypassed at times and a necessity to loft the ball to create chances and goals from too deep on the pitch or too many diagonals out wide…rather than work the ball better up top along the ground and into the box with the threaded passes in tighter spaces you see in the real world.

This ability to operate in tighter areas and the pass decision making hierarchy to value passes into central areas higher is required to bring the engine more in line with real world fundamentals of how players and teams operate. Even then within FM when the correct pass choice is made the weighting of the creative pass can be off all adding to the frustration (I mean disproportionately so…as obviously that can be off in the real world at times…this is the case currently in FM…it happens too much as sort of a protective mechanism).

For too many years in FM all this has been off. This of course always keeps the requirements for whackamole balancing year in year out where changes to one thing causes too disproportionate a knock on to something else and overall then. Things just keep moving from one thing to another too easily and too often.

This is reflective of core decision making being not simulated as well as it should be. The other thing is if attacking play is simulated to a high level then defending/pressing can be simulated to a higher standard to attempt to stop that and it will be much more accurate simulation requiring less effort to balance it. Currently as attacking creative play isn’t good enough…then improvements to defending/pressing impacts attacking too detrimentally meaning that gets too stifled meaning defensive/pressing changes have to be tempered meaning attacking can’t be enhanced too much and so on and on and on. One thing 'breaks' the other a little and vice versa. The consequence of this is the match engine gets developed in small incremental steps far far too slowly which is frustrating.

This hierarchy of passing to value central areas more (with more astute weighting of passes) and the ability of players to evaluate space and move themselves and the ball into and through said space is the crux of how to develop and enhance the engine to make it more realistic, easier to balance and to a higher level than we currently have.

Until that we really just see pieces getting moved around the board…only to be moved back again when something else gets moved then

For those asking for constructive posts, this one is the best I've seen in this thread and basically sums up everything that is/has been wrong with the ME and can be improved. But I doubt a post like that will be taken into consideration because there is no .pkms, screenshots, proofs, etc etc 

But anyone who watches football and would like better representation of the sport in the ME can clearly see what akkm says here. And it won't get better. RDF post above and this one says it all about what's missing in the ME and what could be better, and repeating it is worthless because SI probably is fine with wide players running down the pitch qnd dembeles and Adama traores owning top tier leagues. If you want your Isco to play better or your false 9 role to work, sorry that will not happen. 

The main issue is that what is wrong with the ME can't be called a bug, it's just perception from the eyes of those who watch football and see the massive gap between what goes on in a real match and FM match engine. People dissatisfied with the ME will not bug report that final third central play does not happen, simply because it is not a bug, therefore this will not change.

Thats basically the main frustration with the ME. I watch a lot of matches in full detail, to get the real manager experience, and seeing players making the same forced mistakes every version hurt my eyes. 

I honestly don't see much difference between an intelligent player and a dumb one on the pitch anymore, since physicals have taken over the ME for good.

Spoiler

Tested scouting with Barcelona

Hopped on a new save and tried finding a DM

CAvZRlb.png

After 2 weeks the focus was filled with in progress players. Are they good enough for Barca? No. Only Rodri could replace what Busquets was doing.

But is Rodri on the list? Also, no.

And that is the issue I find. I find that my scouts find good number of players but Rodri is well known enough that he should be first option scouts go to when they get an assignment for a DM at Barca.

Another question is, did Rodri not appear in focus because he is worth 250m and Barca has negative budget? Or did Rodri not appear because he has no interest in joining Barca?

Both questions are for the devs of the game to answer but Rodri indeed has no interest in joining Barca

lJZ9sC6.png

Miles mentioned that there will be another update in a month. I understand that it will only apply to squads and matters that do not affect the match engine? So there will be no more interference in ME in FM24? Can i finally start a long save without any worries?