Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

The point being, that nobody should be trying to convince others to change their opinion on their experience of the game.

Understand that everyone plays differently. What bothers one person, the other people may not even notice. Something so big to one, is so small to the other.

I think it's one reason why many play FM. They're not forced to play a certain way. Some people would still love the game to death if 3D got removed tomorrow. Me being one, but some won't be able to play without it. It's why you get some people so passionate about recruitment focus - made it hard for them to enjoy scouting. Some didn't even comment on the recruitment focus because they don't even touch it.

I don’t even play 3d 😂 Always have and still play with the 2d classic! Just GOAT 🙏🏻

2 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

Could somebody from SI confirm this is the very final update for FM 24 or there will be any more once other transfer windows are closed?

There is always a final update after the last transfer window (China) closes.

15 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

I've said before and it goes for both ways - I don't think it's fair to speak on others experience of the game. The ME being "fine" is a problem for some. Fine should be the bare minimum.

I play FM because of what it is. But, to say I enjoy watching most matches would be a stretch. Understood it's not the same for you, but seeing the amount of set play goals scored and conceded for example, becomes highly frustrating. For me.

Seeing positional play introduced made FM24 a playable game for me. Seeing the nice movements I've set up. So I tend to only do tactical tests rather than actual saves. That's my experience, don't expect yours or anyone else's to be the same, but should be able to vent that, right?

And there's game data. In the way I want to play the game, I rely heavily on data. I've done my bug reporting on it, but these things affect my enjoyment when it's not working as intended.

All views are valid as long as they are constructive and respectful, and they should bear in mind that other views might differ. I think there are too many on there who struggle with the latter, and smaller but still too many who struggle with the former

5 minutes ago, Brentford Alan said:

There is always a final update after the last transfer window (China) closes.

I know, but last year there was an information about this when the winter update arrived as at the bottom it was written something like "another update covering transfers from China is coming in the next weeks". And the today's post doesn't mention anything like that, hence I'm wondering if this is the very last update or not. SI please clarify.

3 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

I know, but last year there was an information about this when the winter update arrived as at the bottom it was written something like "another update covering transfers from China is coming in the next weeks". And the today's post doesn't mention anything like that, hence I'm wondering if this is the very last update or not. SI please clarify.

IMG_9475.jpeg

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

A further data update will follow in the coming weeks, covering transfers and player data changes from later closing transfer windows, including China & MLS. 

Just now, Zachary Whyte said:

A further data update will follow in the coming weeks, covering transfers and player data changes from later closing transfer windows, including China & MLS. 

Thank you!

Just updated and loaded the game. Carried on to the next game and pre-match, the assistant manager suggests putting Caicedo up front (even though Broja, Nkunku and Jackson are available and fit) and Enzo Fernandez - who is clearly on holiday - in midfield. What in this patch could have affected this???

image.png.8a3751bd7c4db2afed24cb50a87df2c1.png

12 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

We need better match engine! Do you read this forums in last few months? Match engine, the heart of the game, is bad. 

AI IS WEAK, highlights are full of corners and free kicks, its really really bad.

4 minutes ago, craiigman said:

oh so apparently not the final update..

Excellent way to communicate to your customers, on twitter, in a random reply

Ask him for engine update, for CS..

5 minutes ago, craiigman said:

There are way more customers on twitter than here. And hes quote tweeting the main tweet with extra context. Very much not random and has been the case for quite some time. 

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, craiigman said:

*A further data update will follow in the coming weeks, covering transfers and player data changes from later closing transfer windows, including MLS. 

This line is included in our main article link and our steam update post.

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2024-main-data-update-out-now

I've been loving the game ME included probably having one of my best long term saves I've had in years.

That being said there are a lot of little problems with everything that I think over time can just chip away at your will to continue.

For me it's the utter illogical way any and all interactions work (or don't as the case usually is).

Like being asked in the media when I as England manager drew New Zealand in the world cup "If I knew anything about NZ"...."erm yes I'm from there".

My nationalities as they are in real life are English/Kiwi in game something it just doesn't take into account when asking media questions!

2 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

I think it's one reason why many play FM. They're not forced to play a certain way. Some people would still love the game to death if 3D got removed tomorrow. Me being one, but some won't be able to play without it. It's why you get some people so passionate about recruitment focus - made it hard for them to enjoy scouting. Some didn't even comment on the recruitment focus because they don't even touch it.

The difference is that one is a legitimate bug and the other is a preference about if you should ever be allowed to score on a throw in or corner. There were definitely issues on release in November. Those have since been fixed. But I've yet to see a direct free kick go in, and no one seems to complain about that. It does get a bit annoying when the same group of people fill the boards with "ME sucks, games broken, only GGPress works" constantly despite being told there's other ways to play.

The whole scouting module is/was actually very broken - not just who got recommended. I went from having a pipeline of potential recruits and alternatives like most teams to there's only one left winger known to my scouts. I once needed a replacement goalkeeper after the December patch and my scouts found no one in a top priority focus. Not a soul. That's a huge deal. I had to sign someone who was already in the scouted players tab prior to the module being broken. Even my DOF couldn't recommend someone for a transfer.

I'm not crazy in the need to find and sign every single u18 wonderkid on the planet. I started a save with Chelsea a months ago and you wouldn't know that anyone on Man City or Arsenal existed let alone players from other leagues. Its crazy to think that a team like Chelsea doesn't have a pretty extensive network and at least aware of the vast majority of top level players or players who could potentially make it. In 3 months of scouting I only knew of 120 players in the whole of England and that was starting with 75 when I joined.

How do you play a save longer than a year or two unless you're doing a youth only or DOF signings only game?

The crazy part to me is that I don't recall scouting even being touched in any update. I don't know what they changed to cause it to break initially. If its still broken (haven't played yet) I'm hoping its not cover to stop you from signing players to give the AI more chances to be competitive or snap up wonder kids before you. I doubt that's the case but it's a thought in my head.

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

All views are valid as long as they are constructive and respectful, and they should bear in mind that other views might differ. I think there are too many on there who struggle with the latter, and smaller but still too many who struggle with the former

Well. SI. I take back EVERYTHING I've said.

You've managed to bring back my hero :applause::lol:

Am more than happy with ME. Is it perfect? Hell no, far from it. But it's extremely enjoyable to me. Some issues I had were fixed in this round of fixes. I mean, the numbers speak for themselves

FM24 (busiest year in my life), Feb 29th

image.png.aedda8ba43de4a0ec233911c96d9d5a1.png

FM20, covid year

xpBm9Bu.png

Regarding the match engine: it does have some even major issues but I've come quite used to it that about 80% of the highlights start from some kind of a set pieces situation. This is because that is how the game has been for about the last ten years. I find it surprising that for example throw-ins are getting criticised only in this version when I have raised this since 2014, I think.

Also if some issues drag on for ten years, for me it is quite clear signal that it is not even possible to fix them with the current limitations of the ME. 

As FM 2025 is going to be the next big thing for SI, I am not able to be surprised that the work was already done ages ago with this version's ME. 

But let's look at the bright side: it's still way better than many other versions such as FM 10, 12 and 17 that were horrible. 

My last hope of FM24 having replayability for the duration of the cycle has been well and truly dumped on. Extreme over achievement kills all saves before they really get going and it seems to be getting worse with every release.

I'll be very interested to see if the current player count drops in response to the decision to not update the ME.

Edited by rdbayly

1 hour ago, craiigman said:

Dont see an issue there. Many top companies do this. He’s reaching more people with that tweet than he ever would with a post here. 

hell, I just came on here cuz I saw there was an update to fm on social media. Lol

Edited by Dadecane

I set up some scout recruitments (mostly 1 star min, three star potential - so you would think each scout would find plenty of players) and went on holiday and am still getting next to no recommendations. 

Scouting has been broken all year. 

This doesn't make any sense, surely they would have spotted a few players that meet those requirements?

3 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

Dont see an issue there. Many top companies do this. He’s reaching more people with that tweet than he ever would with a post here. 

hell, I just came on here cuz I saw there was an update to fm on social media. Lol

Welcome here,we complain about everything..should be renamed FM24 whining thread 

1 hour ago, Matej said:

highlights are full of corners and free kicks, its really really bad.

They've said before that highlights usually begin that way because it's a natural way to start a highlight because there is a break in play. I watch on comprehensive and you see a lot more of what goes on 

On the subject of scouting, below is the issue I am having. If anything, it's worse than before. 

Here is my focus criteria:

Criteria.jpeg.3817a9a93cd55a57c9adba9bc2859287.jpeg

Then, on the scouting assignments page it shows this he has 9 reports:

Assignment.PNG.d3bbc0b9b74ae353e2f798a77a663400.PNG

Upon clicking the 9 reports it shows he has zero:

Assignment-noresults.PNG.d150d14fffa840a811f93f5f10d95ad1.PNG

Then when I go to recruitment focus it shows only 2 in progress:

RecFocus.PNG.4dc9cbe58f096af2b03fa39bcd59c06d.PNG

I started this assignment in July and it is now 1st November.

So my scout has seen only 2 players that are a minimum 2 star current ability and 3 star potential all season?

Scouting has been broken all season - and it is a huge part of the game. How am I supposed to squad build whilst not finding any players? the changelist said this was fixed, it has not been fixed.

Edited by Gilberto Silva

4 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Weird bug since the update, when you go tot make a sub in game, the whole team line up isn't in position order, and is mixed up... been fine prior to the update...

image.thumb.png.f2019fb7694a8631340904a7a612997a.png

This has been a problem for me before the update. 

8 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Weird bug since the update, when you go tot make a sub in game, the whole team line up isn't in position order, and is mixed up... been fine prior to the update...

Click the 'i' next to stoppages and it will fix itself. also found that restarting my computer works too.

2 minutes ago, Gilberto Silva said:

Click the 'i' next to stoppages and it will fix itself. also found that restarting my computer works too.

Yeah that works but you shoudn't have to do the extra click, it should just appear in order - was fine prior to the update so it's a definite bug. Just a frustration.

6 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Yeah that works but you shoudn't have to do the extra click, it should just appear in order - was fine prior to the update so it's a definite bug. Just a frustration.

It's definitely been there the whole release, I guess you have been lucky up until now.

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

My last hope of FM24 having replayability for the duration of the cycle has been well and truly dumped on. Extreme over achievement kills all saves before they really get going and it seems to be getting worse with every release.

I'll be very interested to see if the current player count drops in response to the decision to not update the ME.

Indeed - it's been clearly neglected.

46 minutes ago, stevemc said:

It has been like this for months. And will be continue to be so.

I find scouting's been improved

This is top focus for right back

Immediately get 8 recs and it just started

image.thumb.png.8a6ea51613869cc30d92cb3ff528d3d8.png

g4HW6y9.png

This is a focus I set up 2 seasons ago but new report is below

UVV3fhU.png

QQIVEsw.png

edit - another one

KDjWN2d.png

Note: i do NOT include results found in other focuses, so there are brand new players

Edited by -Jef-

26 minutos atrás, -Jef- disse:

Note: i do NOT include results found in other focuses, so there are brand new players

0 in progress.

Can you see if in a month this 19/5 changes?

7 minutes ago, zeza said:

0 in progress.

Can you see if in a month this 19/5 changes?

0 in progress because that focus is done. Croatia focus has 14 in progress,

This is another focus that is ongoing and not finished

A2sRbUB.png

I can check in a month if there is a change, sure