Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

ngl, the only thing in this update that interests me and will affect my games in any positive way is the fact that Spanish team registration issue has been fixed. The competition rule changes are nice at least, but not important enough for me to start a new save game over them.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, zeza said:

Hope scouting is fixed. Fingers crossed

It is though..

• Tweaks to how players are scouted that will ensure more Recommendations and Near Matches are generated in Recruitment Focuses

This must be the biggest kick in the teeth to the user base. Thank god I have 24,1,1 to play because me.2.20 is the most soulless edition of the game and they didn't bother to change it, so people are stuck with laser ball perfect passes, strikers who are useless, no chaos and no midfielders who play threaded passes to the attack but attacking midfielders who play like strikers.

4 minutes ago, rrreee3 said:

It is though..

• Tweaks to how players are scouted that will ensure more Recommendations and Near Matches are generated in Recruitment Focuses

I think he means that the patch actually fixed it. 

I'll believe it when I see it personally, as this issue has affected me for months, 

Maybe the lack of ME changes is down to the tenth anniversary of the poor throw-in defense. 

To be serious, I'm not surprised at all that they have full focus already on FM 2025. Most of the match engine problems have been present for years and this tells you that these are not easy or even possible to fix with the current match engine. 

I'm happy with the game in general and have been enjoying it a lot. Will continue doing this and definitely also purchase the next version. 

1 minute ago, Litmanen 10 said:

Maybe the lack of ME changes is down to the tenth anniversary of the poor throw-in defense. 

To be serious, I'm not surprised at all that they have full focus already on FM 2025. Most of the match engine problems have been present for years and this tells you that these are not easy or even possible to fix with the current match engine. 

I'm happy with the game in general and have been enjoying it a lot. Will continue doing this and definitely also purchase the next version. 

I agree. I am ok with the ME as it is. Just would have been nice to get a slightly more polished version but I can certainly live with it until we see the shiny new 25. 

2 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Just checking in. After seeing the changelist, please let me just quote myself from early January:

"As long as steam reviews remain Very Positive nothing is going to change and I guess it is better to just accept the reality of this game never going to be as good as it once was. I've been frustrated for several years as I tried to post bug reports and provide feedback in this thread, only to get confronted with no fixes and hostile moderators . I haven't launched FM24 for a month now and it will probably remain this way. Time to retire on this series after ~25 years. I have zero expectations that FM25 with a completely new engine will be anything better. "

I stand by this, it's actually disgusting how they treat their customers.

Amusing to imagine they've got a massive screen in the offices constantly tuned to Steam reviews of all things, steadfastly refusing to do anything until they tick below a certain level.

I mean, ridiculous, but amusing.

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Updated, now stuck on "disk write error".

Any ideas?

image.png

Hello, can you please read the guide linked below.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19428807950481-What-should-I-do-if-I-receive-Content-File-Locked-Steam-Error-message-or-Disk-Write-Error-while-updating-Football-Manager

What ME changes you guys think it should have?

I guess it needs some adjustments too, but each person has a different opinion about this and I'm just curious to know. From my side, it would be great to see less set pieces and throw-in goals being scored.

Stopped buying since 2021, haven't regretted it since, even less now after seeing how they even stopped trying with the ME, what a way to reward their loyal fan base. Tried the demo every year, never enough on offer to justify its purchase. I would be shocked if 2025 were to be released in a playable state (I expect it to be such a bug mess I want nothing to do with it) and if it truly ended up being a real improvement. Only time will tell.

Edited by Pendraz

4 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Done, thanks - it was a "full disk access" issue on Mac Sonoma 14.3.1 :thup:

This problem is partially fixed: the issue is that you added a licence to it, but other bugs related to it were never fixed. Among other bugs:

No new owner of Zhytomyr Polesie named Gennadiy Butkevich (https://forbes.ua/ru/profile/gennadiy-butkevich)
No new owners of Manchester United and at least some links to Nice
Everton didn't get their four points back
Michael Beale is still coaching Sunderland.

It's been going on for a while, but the amount of fixes from patches, practically amount to hotfixes, and a completely new version is what a patch should be.

I still remember when we actually got a new feature in the winter patch, I think it was FM08 or 12, so it is possible.

And what does "...and more" mean in the changelist? If something was changed, simply list it, there are tools to generate the changes automatically

A joke

edit: screenshoting the post in case it's deleted, like the one above

Edited by SkaldfraNorden

30 minutes ago, Kaminsky said:

Could they not have said months ago that they are still working on FM24, but the match engine team has moved on?

Sadly the cynic in me says, from a business perspective, why would they do that. Absolutely no benefit for them to say that. I personally agree that you'd hope that the loyal community this franchise is built on would get that level of communication from SI but sadly, that isn't the world we live in. 

1 hour ago, Kevinho7 said:

It’s actually true. No changes to the ME. This feels like the most polished kick in the sack ever 🤷🏻‍♂️

First match:

Animation12345.thumb.gif.14779e796cec2fface95f9bf922c5f26.gif

Animation1234568.thumb.gif.80ca913d35baef8a58f392d4fab382f0.gif

What I love most about SI games is the pride they take in their work and their respect for their customers. 

1 minute ago, maestro31 said:

I don't know why they keep deleting my posts and issuing me warnings for speaking about how I feel about the game, it is still feedback that you need to take in instead of dismissing it, FM24 is a complete joke of a game, if you don't like what I or anyone else has to say then maybe incorporate the peoples feedbacks into your game instead of trying to silence us.

To be fair, if you made a separate article and listed your frustrations in a non sweary way, you may be ok. They never tolerate anything on the feedback thread that isn't constructive towards identifying the issues that are raised.  

3 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

To be fair, if you made a separate article and listed your frustrations in a non sweary way, you may be ok. They never tolerate anything on the feedback thread that isn't constructive towards identifying the issues that are raised.  

This. 

6 minutos atrás, wazzaflow10 disse:

have you had a chance to play yet?

Started a new save and it doesn't feel good, I think devs didn't understand our complaints at all.

3 minutes ago, zeza said:

Started a new save and it doesn't feel good, I think devs didn't understand our complaints at all.

I'm a couple hours away from being able to play and try it out. Wish there was a way to save 24.1, 24.2.1. and 24.3 and run a scouting report in each and compare.

Wonder what it would take for SI to release let you play different versions of the same game (understanding issues from older patches won't be fixed if you have a bug).

The point being, that nobody should be trying to convince others to change their opinion on their experience of the game.

Understand that everyone plays differently. What bothers one person, the other people may not even notice. Something so big to one, is so small to the other.

I think it's one reason why many play FM. They're not forced to play a certain way. Some people would still love the game to death if 3D got removed tomorrow. Me being one, but some won't be able to play without it. It's why you get some people so passionate about recruitment focus - made it hard for them to enjoy scouting. Some didn't even comment on the recruitment focus because they don't even touch it.