Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

This is always a good laugh, isn't it?

When the AI walks through your press and tight defence to score immediately after you've grafted to take the lead. Mint. 

image.png.8fa7da89a4cee17bd4584ad5d254d535.png

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mst82 said:

When the AI walks through your press and tight defence to score immediately after you've grafted to take the lead. Mint. 

Happens a lot. I suspect there's some complacency/determination fiddling going on so that they make a reality of the "you're at your most vulnerable after you've scored" footballing cliché.  SI do seem to love coding probabilities that reflect clichés.

Edited by rp1966

hace 1 hora, moriartysb28 dijo:

Dijeron que la actualización llegaría a finales de febrero o principios de marzo. Espero que llegue lo antes posible

El año pasado fue el 29/03/2023, así que...

Edited by mackboss

46 dakika önce, zakbrown96 said:

Please Remember this is an FM24 feedback thread and not a “where’s the update” thread. When SI have news they’ll release information. 

where 'where is the update thread' ? I didnt find any information. Only information late feb early march.

2 hours ago, rp1966 said:

Happens a lot. I suspect there's some complacency/determination fiddling going on so that they make a reality of the "you're at your most vulnerable after you've scored" footballing cliché.  SI do seem to love coding probabilities that reflect clichés.

2 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

Far too much of this in this FM.

Yeah, it happens often but admittedly, it is one of those things I don't mind it being exaggerated to a certain extent.

I far from want to see it every other game, but it happening more often than IRL I guess can keep the entertainment value when playing?

Sometimes how it happens is a bit forced though. Like a CB making a mistake, he never would like freezing when AI play the long ball (someone touched on some complacency/determination fiddling). And how they NEVER seem to miss that highlight :lol: So if you score and their highlight loads instantly, just know you're conceding :lol: 

7 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

What? lol 

and it’s getting passed silly people running straight after a match irl to try and prove a point here.

Has anyone had players who are good in receiving on the half turns especially in the halfspaces like in IRL.almost all players receive with back to goal.

34 minutes ago, Davienene said:

Has anyone had players who are good in receiving on the half turns especially in the halfspaces like in IRL.almost all players receive with back to goal.

There are half turns in the game but you can’t really instruct players to receive on the half turn.

Youve almost got to pass to players as they’re about to turn - or don’t pass into space, allow players to receive to feet and hope they do a spin on the half turn under pressure. Maybe the “likes ball played into feet” increases the likeliness.

all theory based, but also instructing those players to dribble more so they don’t do a first time pass maybe can help

10 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

There are half turns in the game but you can’t really instruct players to receive on the half turn.

Youve almost got to pass to players as they’re about to turn - or don’t pass into space, allow players to rneceive to feet and hope they do a spin on the half turn under pressure. Maybe the “likes ball played into feet” increases the likeliness.

all theory based, but also instructing those players to dribble more so they don’t do a first time pass maybe can help

Likes ball to feet and dribble more looks like a good combination for that tbf, coupled with good agility I thought. Thanks man

6 hours ago, Mst82 said:

Always been the same ,you can out play the AI but you still clinging on to a 2-1 lead as haaland cant score for toffee but scunny bring on a 16 year kid who scores with his first touch 😁

21 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Always been the same ,you can out play the AI but you still clinging on to a 2-1 lead as haaland cant score for toffee but scunny bring on a 16 year kid who scores with his first touch 😁

Do you not remember the name Wayne Rooney? (sarcasm)

On 25/02/2024 at 16:32, Litmanen 10 said:

Decided to watch a game of football for the first time in about 5 months as Betis and Athletic are the two teams I like the most in Spain. 

What FM still lacks is the impression of lack of time and space and battling for possession that are practically all the time present in real life.

This also is what separates FM from real football as this affects to so many things in the game in general (turnovers, pass competition, fouls, cards etc). 

This is also a thing that I used to talk about a lot when I was one of the beta testers. It's especially evident when you look at short delivery from keepers where you basically get a free path to the midfield as defending sides are not able to mark away passing options or block passing lanes like they do in real life. 

Doubt any game will come close to simulate that tempo and duels in real life as in FM a game, but maybe the Unity will bring some new stuff which makes the flow of the game better who knows

7 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

Yeah, it happens often but admittedly, it is one of those things I don't mind it being exaggerated to a certain extent.

I far from want to see it every other game, but it happening more often than IRL I guess can keep the entertainment value when playing?

Sometimes how it happens is a bit forced though. Like a CB making a mistake, he never would like freezing when AI play the long ball (someone touched on some complacency/determination fiddling). And how they NEVER seem to miss that highlight :lol: So if you score and their highlight loads instantly, just know you're conceding :lol: 

See I rarely ever immediately concede the next goal. More likely to get the second on the trot :D feels like one of those things some get more than others. If it was "morale tuning" it would go both ways, if it's only going one way, suggests its something else or combination of other issues

6 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

Youve almost got to pass to players as they’re about to turn - or don’t pass into space, allow players to receive to feet and hope they do a spin on the half turn under pressure. Maybe the “likes ball played into feet” increases the likeliness.

I think half turns is something they have been tweaking over the years, as players generally tend to try and play on the half-turn. But you dont want everyone doing it perfectly because that doesn't happen irl either. Hard one to balance. 

9 hours ago, moriartysb28 said:

I remember that CBs, who had low finishing in previous series but have scored a lot of goals (of course corners). Is it only important the heading or the heading + finishing feature?

Heading
Jumping Reach
Strength

30 minutes ago, Serial42 said:

Anyone is experiencing lags, stuttering in 3D match engine with high-end PC ?

Lock to 60 FPS. Choose Prefer Maximum Performance in NVIDIA panel. Reduce it to Medium from Preferences.

1 hour ago, fc.cadoni said:

Heading
Jumping Reach
Strength

Positioning (defensively), anticipation (attacking), decisions, technique, etc, etc, etc! :D 

image.png.de0baac2ff6a22d1bb0515650fc93b1f.png

I know this has been around forever, but this really need to stop.

I haven't kept a clean sheet in 11 games conceding 1 in each, and nearly every game has looked pretty similar to this.

Opponent scores with their first shot on target that is barely a chance. :rolleyes:

And because I can't make the point in this match cause everything went right in this game for once.

here is another when their goalie is superman while my keeper gets beaten with the only shot he has to deal with.

image.png.eefb26ae3835314a5a5eca8d21c07bb1.png

They need a better way of balancing the game.

It's a cheap way of balancing the scales because I'm dominating the match too much. 

il y a une heure, fc.cadoni a dit :

Lock to 60 FPS. Choose Prefer Maximum Performance in NVIDIA panel. Reduce it to Medium from Preferences.

Do you lock to 60 FPS on NVIDIA panel or in-game setting preferences ?

4 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

checking this out because mine lags and it really shouldn't on my PC. Always thought it would be a setting but will have try

3 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

No ME fixes? 😂

That cannot be true, can it? Every team playing the same, no pressing, all perfect short passes, whatever your instrunctions are? I hope there are secret changes, but I don't want to find out myself. If there are no ME changes after the abysmal state of the ME in FM 24, I'm done.

5 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

No ME fixes? 😂

I’d be lying to myself if I said I was surprised. 
months I’ve been waiting for this, it would only be right to find out nothings changed.