Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

Name a more realistic football simulation.  It's marketing speak.  It is the most realistic football simulation, even if it isn't always particularly realistic.

My point was flippant, but it shows the problem SI have.  There are hundreds - probably thousands - of people who have completely different ideas about the direction the game should go in.  SI have to pick the best fit, which is pretty much impossible.

Really cool strategy when you are alone on market. I really doubt they listen to anybody. These forums are crying to fix current features for as long as I remember for example.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

Same here. I had a St Paulli save in FM23 that I was willing to keep playing in FM24 but got completely disappointed once I won Bayern without them even creating good scoring chances. I'm very happy with the whole positional play thing though, I think it is interesting but the state of the game now makes it uncalled for.

I haven't played my solo save in this FM 24 for a couple of months now, just bored of playing with this engine. I do wonder whether trying to implement that is the main cause for the tactical imbalances.

But that's why I wonder whether they will bother to try and improve this aspect, especially if their attempts to balance the ME end up being at a detriment to the positional play feature for this year's game.

5 minutos atrás, g1nh0 disse:

I haven't played my solo save in this FM 24 for a couple of months now, just bored of playing with this engine. I do wonder whether trying to implement that is the main cause for the tactical imbalances.

But that's why I wonder whether they will bother to try and improve this aspect, especially if their attempts to balance the ME end up being at a detriment to the positional play feature for this year's game.

I'm sure the Positional play and new set piece creator are the main causes of the whole imbalance in this ME. Maybe SI didn't see it coming, and I suppose they won't have time to fix all the issues. I'm wary of this new patch, it might be that the game will get better but I suppose it will not fix all the issues that I think should be fixed. 

To be honest I'm just waiting but already preparing to go back to FM23 that was the version I enjoyed the most. I haven't gone back yet just because I really liked Positional play and the new set piece creator. 

Just now, g1nh0 said:

Go and tell that to every player that plays FM online that abuses the same broken tactic :D 

I remember back in the day there was nothing you could do to rustle someone's jimmies more than using Diablo.  

5 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

I'm sure the Positional play and new set piece creator are the main causes of the whole imbalance in this ME. Maybe SI didn't see it coming, and I suppose they won't have time to fix all the issues. I'm wary of this new patch, it might be that the game will get better but I suppose it will not fix all the issues that I think should be fixed. 

To be honest I'm just waiting but already preparing to go back to FM23 that was the version I enjoyed the most. I haven't gone back yet just because I really liked Positional play and the new set piece creator. 

Indeed, they were the features I was most excited for - but, funnily enough it has caused me the greatest disappointment due to the unsuccessful implementation of them.

I can't imagine it being worse, but whether it will be improved upon significantly enough for me to stay with FM24 is also my huge doubt. It will be the first time I've ever gone back to an older version, and generally I never consider it because I don't like to go back to anything outdated. I might have to this time around.

1 hour ago, g1nh0 said:

Why it would be nice to know what the intentions were with the improvements on this last patch. If they aren't going to make any improvements to the difficulty and brokenness of this year's game which is extreme, I'd revert back to FM 23 now and be done with 24.

Immagine if they announce that they will work on a specific topic and then the result of the patch is not what some of the players will expect: DRAMA! "They said they were going to work on it and the result is bad!"
And even if you do everything correctly and you improve and correct everything you announced, there will always be somebody complaining about the fact that the changes are not the ones that should be implemented.
The fact is that here in this blog we don't even manage to agree to what's good or not. Now there is a wave of people reporting (more or less) the same feedback about something and a participant in the conversation could think: "see, evrybody agrees with me!", just because people that do not agree with you don't step in to say "no you are wrong" (there is not a judgment value behind the sentence, it's just the dynamic regarding wide blog conversations). So every announce they make will result extremely false to some...whenever they do a move, they're mistaken.
Would you announce something similar if you were in their shoes?

Can somebody tell me having read a few replies here and my own experiences please.. Is this game actually anywhere near an acceptable level for doing anything other than High press and putting everybody on attack? I have wasted hundreds of hours of my life so far trying my hardest to find a way of developing a possession style football, ones that have worked on previous versions (I'm not saying that means they should work definitely on FM24) But i just find anything other than going gung-ho impossible as teams that have a far lower reputation are just stifling me and I've no way of developing a style of play. Each time I start I think surely this time I can get the basics right and the outcome is still the same. I'm getting absolutely tonked by teams in divisions below me. I can't make it make sense!

34 minutes ago, Costav said:

Immagine if they announce that they will work on a specific topic and then the result of the patch is not what some of the players will expect: DRAMA! "They said they were going to work on it and the result is bad!"
And even if you do everything correctly and you improve and correct everything you announced, there will always be somebody complaining about the fact that the changes are not the ones that should be implemented.
The fact is that here in this blog we don't even manage to agree to what's good or not. Now there is a wave of people reporting (more or less) the same feedback about something and a participant in the conversation could think: "see, evrybody agrees with me!", just because people that do not agree with you don't step in to say "no you are wrong" (there is not a judgment value behind the sentence, it's just the dynamic regarding wide blog conversations). So every announce they make will result extremely false to some...whenever they do a move, they're mistaken.

While it might seem that forums are a hostile environment for developers, my experience from other game communities is that dev engagement is almost always well and respectfully received. Posters who respond rudely are quickly shut down by others who want to engage constructively.

SI’s policy of near-absolute omerta is an outlier in game communities despite this forum being a relatively benign place. Posting here is definitely not going to be for everyone and no dev should be obliged to do so, but those who are willing should be allowed and would be well received. And it is very hard to see the rationale for complete official silence on patch timing and development.

4 hours ago, santy001 said:

There is no other player in my save that could do what this particular RB does I feel at this time. When he begins to decline it will necessitate an adjustment in tactics because even if I retrain other players to have the knock balls past opponents & crosses early PPM they can't do it to the same level. Perhaps counter-intuitively with my previous tactic this RB would have been a waste. He may have gotten a few more assists than Tchamadeu in a season, had some better performance indicators but it wouldn't have changed anything in the team overall because it wasn't a role designated to have substantial impact on the team. 

This actually makes perfect sense to me. I have a save in 21 where I have Wan-Bissaka and Hakimi (Hakimi wanted to leave PSG and I had cash to burn). I definitely ask them to play different roles. Wan-Bissaka is more of a basic FB-s, mark opponent winger, recycle possession back to a playmaker. Hakimi plays a CWB/WB-a and asked run wide, dribble more, cross more often, more direct passing, take more risks. I had a good run in that save of being completely untouchable for about 15 matches.

I assume you're asking your RB to play as an IWB-a just based on his goals/assist tally and being a creative force. He's actually got attribute values that are in the world class area 17+ so that makes sense to me why he's so good and impossible to replace like for like. Maybe it's just a personal preference I'd like to see the players that are elite/world class talents or have elite/world class abilities in the game be a more dominant force. Not to the extent that no matter what role you pick they'll give you 8 or 9s out of 10 every week. But just show that extra little bit of quality. It's probably completely anecdotal and if I analyzed it I'd find they do actually provide appropriate separation from the rest of the pack.

5 hours ago, santy001 said:

How often are you asking a player in that position to do something actually difficult for a footballer? 

This is a fair point though. Not so much in a FB position. In central midfield though it sometimes seems very difficult to get the best out of world class players. I struggled for a long time in 23 to get Bruno Fernandes going. He's maybe a step/half step down from the best of the best but I've had much more success with other players playing similar roles. I probably didn't craft the right tactic for him to shine initially. But I suppose that's a real life problem too.  

Anyway thanks for the clarifications.

46 minutes ago, Costav said:

Of course is it impossible to please everyone, duh :) but yes they should, because after the game being one where SI pride themselves on creating a "realistic football management simulation", if after review of the existing game they do agree with certain elements that (in their opinion after scrutinising the game internally) they are discontent with how it is currently running, then there is nothing wrong letting people know where and what are the most important aspects they consider of the game that needs to be improved, and this communication would most certainly be appreciated by players within the community.

Doesn't need to be a promise this will be fixed and perform in this exact way in the next patch version, but something that is at least being looked at closely so that at some point in the near future it would be looked at, and not something being completely ignored. Likewise if they deem something that in their opinion, is at a good level then at least we all know what they deem to be functioning at a good / acceptable level. 

47 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

While it might seem that forums are a hostile environment for developers, my experience from other game communities is that dev engagement is almost always well and respectfully received. Posters who respond rudely are quickly shut down by others who want to engage constructively.

SI’s policy of near-absolute omerta is an outlier in game communities despite this forum being a relatively benign place. Posting here is definitely not going to be for everyone and no dev should be obliged to do so, but those who are willing should be allowed and would be well received. And it is very hard to see the rationale for complete official silence on patch timing and development.

The reason behind it is literally because of the reception they got previously.  I can completely understand why they wouldn't want to open themselves up to that, particularly when they do communicate pretty extensively in the spaces where such communication is actually of use.  Given there's likely a long list of things they wouldn't be able to discuss on a public forum at that time, what are people really going to gain?  What do you imagine them saying?

And it's quite easy to see the rationale for no information on patch timing and development, because they're incredibly volatile things that can't easily be planned out, no matter processes you put in place to try and change that.  Currently, patches arrive when they're "ready".  Apart from moaning from people that believe everything can easily be fixed in minutes, no real issue with that from SI's perspective.  If they change to saying "Patch X will arrive on 24th February", and they meet that date, they're no better off than they were before.  Miss the date, and that's reputational damage.  So why would they do that when you can do everything right in development terms, and still miss the date because something new has come up?  And if we're talking purely on updates on development, then it should be even more obvious.  People can take three word sum-ups of a feature and hype them up until they're nothing like what was actually going to be released.  Unrealistic, of course, but personally I'd rather they just released the game with little fanfare or prior marketing and let people form their own opinion, rather than let people's minds run away and invent something so they can complain about it not existing.

Edited by forameuss

59 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

And it is very hard to see the rationale for complete official silence on patch timing and development.

But they did not go with "complete official silence on patch timing". I don't remember when/where it was but I've read a couple of time SI staff saying in this forum that the winter update and the patch would have arrived end-February/early March (and I honestly do not spend too much time on the forum, so it could be ever more often that they stated this).

If people expect an official statement saying "you are going to have the patch at XXam of day XXX" I don't think it is realistic for two main reasons: i) you have official statements for facts, not forecasting or things you are willing to do, ii) it may takes more time to fix known and/or unknown issues.

Imagine they notice an issue the day before the announced release of the patch. Would you prefer them to have the issue solved or to have the patch at the time and date they announced months ago?

Bonus: iii) you should announce only things/actions that you will be able to hold...

4 hours ago, Eoin Maguire said:

Am I the only one that thinks that SIs communication policy is terrible and works in ways other dev teams just don't? 

It's the 23rd of February and there has not been a single word on the Winter Update, what they want to change, when will it be out (approx). The last update (only a minor one) was the beginning of December, this game has a 12 month cycle...  It really baffles me to how two FMs ago the Winter Update was already out by now and two years later it's the same time and nothing, not even communication.

It just seems to get worse every year at this stage. For the life of me I can't understand why a dev team don't communicate directly to their consumer, it's just "here it is, we did this, see you in 7 months". If anybody can tell me another dev team that works like that then I will be surprised...

Ye it is shockingly bad to be fair. They should take a leaf out of studios for games like Hell Let Loose or Undisputed, they are constantly posting what they are working on, roadmaps, what to expect in upcoming updates etc

3 hours ago, Jonthedon26 said:

Ye it is shockingly bad to be fair. They should take a leaf out of studios for games like Hell Let Loose or Undisputed, they are constantly posting what they are working on, roadmaps, what to expect in upcoming updates etc

Undisputed? You're joking right? Game came out completely unplayable that it's probably the only game I've requested a refund for. Clunky controls, graphics are underwhelming, missing boxers etc.

I have to disagree with everything the OP has said.

I am managing AFC Wimbledon. I have never used the Gengenpress. Stuck to the preset tactics and let my DOF buy the players. Despite that I won the EFL L2 and I am doing well in L1 (where I am 2nd favourite to go down). I use a mixture of Fluid Counter and Control Possession so sometimes I am defensive. I find shape is just a good way to win matches than the Gengenpress - I purposely have banned the use it of it in my game. 

After career mode was promised by a certain date with Undisputed I fired up the game about a month after then and found it wasn't there. I then did a quick internet search and the top result was for the inclusion of career mode on that now elapsed date, from their own website. As someone not particularly immersed in the Undisputed community it meant I had to then go trawling to find some old steam thread where it was announced it was delayed. Most people will find dev communication to be great when there is a communication about the aspect they care about, and not so when it covers other areas. 

If you only play FM then to an extent I can understand some of the viewpoints, but if you're someone who plays other games you know a load of communication and promises of X and Y by Z time are generally the hallmarks of a terrible game dev looking to buy time and keep people playing in the promise tomorrow will be better. 

Anthem being one of the best examples with the promised "Anthem 2.0" after the release game was awful, Ubisoft with their games and live service elements often times falling flat on their face. The things some companies promise these days make Peter Molyneux look relatively restrained. 

1 hour ago, santy001 said:

If you only play FM then to an extent I can understand some of the viewpoints, but if you're someone who plays other games you know a load of communication and promises of X and Y by Z time are generally the hallmarks of a terrible game dev looking to buy time and keep people playing in the promise tomorrow will be better. 

Most established game devs (or "community managers" really) know better than to make promises. But some engagement is always better than none. I play Path of Exile on and off, have for years now, and IMO they do a great job of engaging with the players. They deal with issues/problems, criticisms and praise, and all the rest that goes along with online these days and they do it pretty well. I don't see anywhere near that level here. 

I guarantee you if you play another human player that employs a broken 4231 gegenpress several times, then it will be extremely evident :) 

But against the AI, yes the AI isn't difficult at all it's a lot more workable if you only play solo. And again that's another big problem of this year's game, it's way too easy compared to last year's game.

The host/admin in a network game should be able to retire/ban a manager who isn't currently online. We're stuck with Mr. Thanh (password protected profile) whose assistant is using his dodgy near post corner and dodgy 9000 crosses per game tactic. Puts about 7 goals per game past anyone not doing the same.

image.thumb.png.c7507f299182f75660883e20821ea85f.png

5 hours ago, jcafcwbb said:

I have to disagree with everything the OP has said.

I am managing AFC Wimbledon. I have never used the Gengenpress. Stuck to the preset tactics and let my DOF buy the players. Despite that I won the EFL L2 and I am doing well in L1 (where I am 2nd favourite to go down). I use a mixture of Fluid Counter and Control Possession so sometimes I am defensive. I find shape is just a good way to win matches than the Gengenpress - I purposely have banned the use it of it in my game. 

Obviously if you "banned" gegenpress you know it is a better tactic if you want to win.  So you aren't disagreeing with OP; he didn't say it was the only way to win, just that it is the easiest way to win.  If you have better players you can win with almost any tactic but if the AI has exactly the same players as you then youre going to lose by messing around with possession tactics.  Fast  counters with players coming inside from the wings turn the ball over a lot less than slowly passing it around the midfield.

26 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

The host/admin in a network game should be able to retire/ban a manager who isn't currently online. We're stuck with Mr. Thanh (password protected profile) whose assistant is using his dodgy near post corner and dodgy 9000 crosses per game tactic. Puts about 7 goals per game past anyone not doing the same.

image.thumb.png.c7507f299182f75660883e20821ea85f.png

I'd open a support ticket, in some cases SI can provide some troubleshooting steps to remove such a manager from the game. 

7 hours ago, Rodrigogc said:

I don't think SI should communicate better, that actually doesn't matter much. What they have to do is deliver what they promise, so they won't have to say anything afterwards. 

Or in the very least, Dont promise what you cant deliver.

They knew most people would skip FM24 as FM25 was getting major changes so they got on big marketing campaign and managed to fool many.

Edited by Razal

It's interesting people mention the makers of Undisputed as a game developer for SI to emulate.

I'm a huge fan of boxing games and so have followed Undisputed for some time and never purchased the game.

The reason, just a cursory glance down the mixed trending negative reviews on Steam are full of comments such as:

"The Developers are scammers"

"The developer often makes promises they never keep"

"The game has gotten progressively worse since it started early access"

"Developer announced X or Y feature for Z month, it's now 6 months later and we are still waiting. They didn't even announce a delay they just deleted the original announcement."

Etc, etc etc and as I say the game is sat at mixed for recent reviews as the career mode promised for September only just released and again quoting various reviews is "unplayable trash".

I've said before I think game developers are damned if they do and damned if they don't in the current gamer(TM) climate.

Edited by kiwityke1983

5 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

It's interesting people mention the makers of Undisputed as a game developer for SI to emulate.

One person mentioned that, and s/he was mistaken.

27 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I'm a huge fan of boxing games and so have followed Undisputed for some time and never purchased the game.

The reason, just a cursory glance down the mixed trending negative reviews on Steam are full of comments such as:

"The Developers are scammers"

"The developer often makes promises they never keep"

"The game has gotten progressively worse since it started early access"

"Developer announced X or Y feature for Z month, it's now 6 months later and we are still waiting. They didn't even announce a delay they just deleted the original announcement."

Etc, etc etc and as I say the game is sat at mixed for recent reviews as the career mode promised for September only just released and again quoting various reviews is "unplayable trash".

I've said before I think game developers are damned if they do and damned if they don't in the current gamer(TM) climate.

I've been on the undisputed journey from the beginning. Ran a big competitive community in the brief window where the game was fit for it. Have provided a lot of feedback publically and privately. 

The devs there are younger and less experienced than SI's. It's the communication and direction from the leadership that is among the worst I've seen from a gaming company.

Key issues are:

- heavily soliciting community involvement and feedback and then ignoring it; often going against it.

- marketting an authentic / sim product but not delivering it.

- when bombarded with community complaints over longstanding issues, they commit to addressing them but they go to the very bottom of the pile and it remains to be seen whether they will actually get addressed. 

Not something to emulate. 

Il 21/2/2024 in 19:07 , RDF Tactics ha scritto:

Sorry to post this here - it's not totally self-promotion haha but you can count this as feedback too.

I remember being a part of tactical conversations here, talking about why people use aggressive tactics and how it is the only way to succeed in FM. I've always said FM is what you make it, sort of, when it comes to tactics. The option to use aggressive "OP" tactic is there but there is always another way to play if you're interested in being a reacted manager (react to the opponents, looking to expose their weaknesses and negate their strengths).

There was also a discussion about content creators only making said tactics. So, I did create this in-depth video about how to be reactive in the game and how you can approach the game in a more defensive-minded manner.

The feedback is that FM can be great with their analytical data from matches. You have very detailed information there for you (most opt to not use it). From being able to see what zone (left, centre or right) in the attacking third players receive passes to where players are dribbling when attacking (towards the flank or towards goal). Even with a decent eye, you can see certain roles teams are using simply by using the analytical data in matches. The video does showcase what you can do with this information to play well against your opponents (you won't win 100% of the time).

I hope you don't mind me posting this here - I do feel like it relates to some of the tactical feedback the game gets here. And it might be easier for some to digest with visual content.

Just the fact you're defeating Man City that easily and they're playing like a whatsover Sheff Utd (with all respect) is simply ridiculous 

Infact i'm not playing anymore from one month now and counting............

1 hour ago, steve.bs69 said:

Just the fact you're defeating Man City that easily and they're playing like a whatsover Sheff Utd (with all respect) is simply ridiculous 

Remember this? Didn’t seem all to difficult for them back then. Probably should’ve won by more than one even.

I mean, these things can happen irl as well…

IMG_2621.thumb.jpeg.67ea25865cae8e44abde14ce50a638ab.jpeg

Edited by Kevinho7

2 hours ago, steve.bs69 said:

Because this has never happened to Man City? Because I've certainly seen it happen - ironically against Aston Villa, too. I'm Aston Villa, who are currently 4th and just 4 points behind City might I add.

In the same season, I played City and LFC away from home and these were the results. Not even a shot on target at Anfield. It's fine you chose not to play the game from one month ago and counting (I will still be playing lol), but here you're complaining about nothing. You won't like it if I used an over-aggressive tactic, and now you're complaining that, in a video that explains pre-match preparation by analysing weaknesses and negating opposition strengths, I beat Man City.

This place can be a confusing place when reading lol.

image.png.9ec634fb80d1ed7807eded9434148d37.pngimage.thumb.png.0d67509cdc5124e483e95f9620306297.png

25 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

Remember this? Didn’t seem all to difficult for them back then. Probably should’ve won by more than one even.

I mean, these things can happen irl as well…

They're probably just using my video comment as an excuse to tell the forum that they're not playing FM lol

Nothing constructive with the comment.

17 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

They're probably just using my video comment as an excuse to tell the forum that they're not playing FM lol

Nothing constructive with the comment.

Hopefully they don't have ad blocker if they viewed your video :D

Just had the most hilarious set of circumstances in my save here.

In the summer my transfer plans were to sell a 32 yr old Darwin Nunez to Saudi and replace him with a 23 year old newgen from Leverkusen for 83m. Unfortunately Nunez does his ACL while playing for Uruguay, so instead I end up bringing the player in anyway without recuperating anything from the Nunez sale. Fast forward to August and this new striker, just 3 games into his Liverpool career is out for 3 months with a fractured skull from "a robust tackle in training." No idea what we're doing in training, maybe practicing wrestling finishers? Either way I'm down 2 strikers and I'm left with a 21 yr old Uruguayan who I've been developing. He's a good prem striker, but certainly not good enough to lead the line of a title charge.

Now we get to deadline day, and a rejected offer from Real Madrid for Romeo Lavia leads the lad furious. The offer would've been accepted had I had anytime to get a replacement sorted, but I tell him to get on with it. A few players on the peripheral side of the squad (including what is essentially my last fit striker) decide to kick off, I, much in the same way I dealt with Lavia, tell them just to get on with it.

My next football match at this point was Chelsea away, and this 21 year old Uruguayan is absent because on the friday night before he's gone out on the ****. Absurd, but we have to go without him and we lose 1-0. Sunday morning comes around and he also is absent from training. Because on Saturday night he was out on the ****. I have no idea if it's a relative's birthday, or maybe a mates stag do. The only 'negative' I can deduce from his player profile is that he is supporting Romeo Lavia. I have a striker, my only fit striker, who is so upset that his mate can't go to Real Madrid, he is spending entire weekends on the bevs.

I have a CL game in midweek, and then Man City at home. I am intrigued to see whether he continues his binge drinking, or whether he's got it out of his system. Maybe the back to back fines he received will encourage him to live a life of sobriety for the time being.

18 minutes ago, WelshMourinho said:

M next football match at this point was Chelsea away, and this 21 year old Uruguayan is absent because on the friday night before he's gone out on the ****. Absurd, but we have to go without him and we lose 1-0. Sunday morning comes around and he also is absent from training. Because on Saturday night he was out on the ****. I have no idea if it's a relative's birthday, or maybe a mates stag do. The only 'negative' I can deduce from his player profile is that he is supporting Romeo Lavia. I have a striker, my only fit striker, who is so upset that his mate can't go to Real Madrid, he is spending entire weekends on the bevs.

One of my all time favourites players was a Colombian regen striker I signed for about 350k from Once Caldas. Can't remember his name sadly but he came as a reserve.

Injury crisis meant he got thrust into the team.

He gets an insane amount of goals and  assists and at 19 wins all the awards including the Ballon D'or.

Next season goes on the **** about 19 times still scores and assists a bunch.

Season after his drinking is now basically daily, I've dropped him.

Season after that he goes on loan to Manchester Utd does nothing (except drink I imagine) and comes back to me.

Sees out his contract still drinking himself to death and retires at 24.

I probably think about this lad more than some of my family, just how good could his career have been had he not found drink 😂

I've played Gen-Press for the past two or three versions of FM. I'm glad that I read this post because I think i've been kidding myself with the success i've had (I play lower league but have done well regarding promotions & cup runs.) I've started a new game & personally, I won't be using the Gen-Press option again as to my mind now, it's like pressing the 'cheat' button. Just my opinion. If you're enjoying your game using it, carry on. Pleasure from the game is the ultimate point; my opinion certainly isn't :)

10 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

Has anyone from si said what’s gonna save game comp with new update? Is it worth starting my main save now or waiting ? Not bothered about upto date transfers. 

The updates of Game Version and Match Engine Version are always game save compatible. The Database Version (i.e transfers, league rules etc), not and require a new save.

Edited by fc.cadoni

1 hour ago, daveh83 said:

Has anyone from si said what’s gonna save game comp with new update? Is it worth starting my main save now or waiting ? Not bothered about upto date transfers. 

Outside of the up to date transfers and potential competition fixes (if there's any that needs to be fixed), you are absolutely fine to go ahead to start a new game, any updates will always be save game compatible apart from updated transfers/competition fixes. 

7 hours ago, Brodie21 said:

I've played Gen-Press for the past two or three versions of FM. I'm glad that I read this post because I think i've been kidding myself with the success i've had (I play lower league but have done well regarding promotions & cup runs.) I've started a new game & personally, I won't be using the Gen-Press option again as to my mind now, it's like pressing the 'cheat' button. Just my opinion. If you're enjoying your game using it, carry on. Pleasure from the game is the ultimate point; my opinion certainly isn't :)

While you're at it don't use low crosses or focus out wide.

6 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

While you're at it don't use low crosses or focus out wide.

14 hours ago, Brodie21 said:

If you don't/haven't already, and if you want to, have a go trying out a target-forward role and/or no-nonsense CB.

Those two roles have been fairly impressive for me (of course, depending on what the style of play)

3 minutes ago, sgevolker said:

Good morning,

any idea why I cannot adapt set-pieces anymore? I have the full responsibility but cannot change anything?

Thanks in advance

Yours looking like mine? I control set pieces but the set piece coach does the takers and personnel list - if you want control over them then 'take control'

image.png.c67f707d7f5e5957b5d51349431f079c.png

image.thumb.png.20877b6c6c8d2d1f580d65b6d736d0be.png