Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Leon_fogo said:

It was actually better...
Player mobility, sweeping passes, direct free kicks and also a more rhythmic game.

I don't think anyone enjoyed the number of corner & throw in goals or the defenders watching opponents walk by them (even more than they are now).

il y a une heure, whatsupdoc a dit :

I don't think anyone enjoyed the number of corner & throw in goals or the defenders watching opponents walk by them (even more than they are now).

Honnestly, the beta engine was flawed, buggy, but fun. This one is different buggy, maybe less, but boring. The main problem was "too many goal scores". The way it was nerfed seem to be by systematic clumsyness and dumbness of attacking players. That take us back to previous editions. Not much of a gain here. I wasn't planning on buying this edition, but was convinced by the new ME... Then it was dumbed down. Feel cheated a little bit.

2 hours ago, Mr Tonio said:

Honnestly, the beta engine was flawed, buggy, but fun. This one is different buggy, maybe less, but boring. The main problem was "too many goal scores". The way it was nerfed seem to be by systematic clumsyness and dumbness of attacking players. That take us back to previous editions. Not much of a gain here. I wasn't planning on buying this edition, but was convinced by the new ME... Then it was dumbed down. Feel cheated a little bit.

Don't agree with that personally. I think it's mainly defending that has improved (but not enough). Less defenders walking alongside the ball carrier or running off to mark someone else... Better defending from corners and set pieces... 

Edited by whatsupdoc

On 10/12/2023 at 12:21, DavutOzkan said:

What tactic do you use as a weaker side? I've been looking for something more "realistic" for the first few seasons when I use a weak squad. 

Play with the tactic the team uses in team life would be a good starting point 

hello, im doing a save i Switzerland as Vaduz FC which is based in Liechtenstein(another country). Im having trouble with players under-21 that i dont need to registrer to be available to play, but it doesnt work. I have tested other teams in the swiss leagues with no problem. So something most go wrong when you have a team based in another country. Can it be fixed? And if so, can those changes apply to my current save or do i have to start over....?

I've noticed that something is not right with early European qualification scorelines and the overall balance between the teams. Sheriff Tiraspol, Astana, Sligo Rovers, and HJK's results are absolutely bonkers and completely impossible in real life. It's happening at each stage and in each European competition. 

Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 23.19.46.png

Il y a 9 heures, whatsupdoc a dit :

Don't agree with that personally. I think it's mainly defending that has improved (but not enough). Less defenders walking alongside the ball carrier or running off to mark someone else... Better defending from corners and set pieces... 

That is not what the ME is showing me. I still see lots of incoherent defensive beaviour. Lot of shot blocked also, or over the bar oof, or headless chicken run towards a still defender or free man behing ignored by offensive mids and mostly, good striker missing a lot.

On 23/12/2023 at 00:37, Chris2509 said:

I get this kind of leaves on different saves in different times. I suspect it has something to do with the fitness of the player - but can find zero explanations in the game for that.

Does anyone have an idea?

WhatsApp Bild 2023-12-23 um 00.21.13_283d1079.jpg

image.png.a56582e2fefae2adae5b33b17e11c303.png

Happens again on matchday 35. No international break. They just all leave for six days. What is it?

What's happened to being able to fine player or give them a warning after a poor game, I skipped code of conduct and usually I can warn or fine players, now I can't, is it a known issue?

Also when I enquire about players their wage demands are just absolutely ridiculous, hence why I use the in game editor, so much less hassle.

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

What's happened to being able to fine player or give them a warning after a poor game, I skipped code of conduct and usually I can warn or fine players, now I can't, is it a known issue?

You should be able to warn them, I think, but fines are no longer permitted.  That's a real-world law change, not an FM one, and it's not a bug.

This promise mechanism is still a bit broken...

I'm doing my second season with Manchester United, and at the start of the season, I had to make promises over competitions, and I had to make a promise for reaching the latter stages of the champions league (in the first season of the new structure). I wanted to promise that we reach the knockout stage, but the players were not satisfied with it, so had to change it to reaching the latter stages, because I didn't want to make the atmosphere bad...
Later at the end of the season, we are now winning the PL  after 30 matches with advantage of 10 points (scoring 91 goals...), still in the FA cup in quarter finals, we finished second in the "league phase" (with 21-7 goal rate) in UCL and Real Madrid were drawn as opponent for the best 16 stage. The game handled this like that we are the underdogs...
So in the first game we won 1-0 away and the second game took place at home. During the normal 90 mins we had 25 shots and 2.3 xG while Real Madrid had only 3 shots with 0.3 xG. I wasn't afraid with this picture of the match, but the 90+5 min. came (with +4 minutes of extra time...) and Real Madrid scored and we went to extra time.... In the end, we lost with penalties... Final stats: 28 shots for us, 2.9 xG and 0 scored goals and Real Madrid had 4 shots with 0.4 xG (Courtois had 9.5 rating....). So we were unlucky, the players couldn't score despite dominating this match. Okay, this happens.

Okay this is not that bad, because we are at the early stages of the re-build, we're winning the PL with domination, the atmosphere couldn't be better in the dressing room, A and A+ rating from the board and the supporters. The future looks bright, so nothing indicates that there should be any big problem. 

BUT!

After the RM match, the players wanted to talk to me because I couldn't fulfil the early-season-promise that we reach the latter stages of the UCL. I didn't want to answer with any promise because I got *****d off a bit, so only answered with an apology ("Yes I am responsible, but everyone have to work for future success, blabla... something like that). And this dropped the bomb, I lost the support of the team leaders and they think I am the only one who's responsible for being knocked out against Real Madrid in the way I described and the game handled us as underdogs (during team-talk before the match etc.). Everything went well until this match happened. 
HOW IS THIS OK? Why is this promise mechanism soo broken that one thing can ruin my save?

Sorry for my long post and my *****d off tone of voice, but the game forces me to make promises even if I want to avoid it, because it's been always problematic... And I had enough a littbe bit.

Edited by tibiszollosi

6 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

You should be able to warn them, I think, but fines are no longer permitted.  That's a real-world law change, not an FM one, and it's not a bug.

What's the point of the code of conduct thing then?

5 minutes ago, jc1 said:

What's the point of the code of conduct thing then?

Not all fines, but fines for poor performance is prohibited by FIFA (and confirmed by a CAS ruling). The reason behind it is that performance is subjective. Other things like missing training and the like as still eligible to give fines for.

3 hours ago, LingLing said:

1JMuW2L.jpeg

How's this not offside? Like, bloody hell game.

Also, how broken and useless are set pieces? You're not even allowed to put the player you want to do what you want.

VJvCoR6.png

So I have here Levi Colwill, who, for whatever reason, is on 'stay back' even though he's a centreback. Alright, lets change it, but there's no option to do so, why?

PK6bJUF.png

So here we have areial threats, and Colwill is 5th total, 4th among starters. Why is Garnacho set to "go forward" by default?

rjdPywQ.png

Lets swap them. Colwill is d2, as shown here:

29PM2jG.png

QSYORkI.png

Lets drag him to "box threats". After that, he's switched to "creators", completely ignoring what I did. Even if I did somehow screwed it up, how complicated can this be?

uX0WFck.png

Like it's end of December, this is a new function? Did no one even test this? How greedy do you need to be, adding 'new' stuff no one wants, completely ignoring core of the game, core that is rotten by now, and you still have the nerves to charge 40-50 bucks every year for a sidegraded product? I know some stuff the others don't, but at least if you're not going to make a new game, charge reskinning accordingly. Call your game Football Manager "X" or whatever, and charge for DLC's after that. Release new game when you have something to release, not bad additions like this that make no sense.

I've been alfa/beta tester over 10 years ago, and stuff have never been this bad. You even have 'early access' where you give yourself some tome to iron some bugs, and you still fail. You're failing your fanbase.

Well said. Set pieces creator is awful and unrealistic to boot.

Edited by whatsupdoc

12 hours ago, XaW said:

Not all fines, but fines for poor performance is prohibited by FIFA (and confirmed by a CAS ruling). The reason behind it is that performance is subjective. Other things like missing training and the like as still eligible to give fines for.

Hadn't heard about that, hence why I was confused when I tried to fine a player a day's wage because he got 5.8 in a game, cheers for clearing that up. 

So just a rollocking and dropped it is then.

Edited by jc1

Can we talk about press conferences? Generally I don't do them, but it's a real shame having to skip something that is supposed to add to the immersion, but doesn't do that and has never been improved since its introduction.

On my Man Utd save I won the league on goal difference and unexpectedly won the CL (a kind knockout draw made it possible). Over that summer I sold a bunch of big name players and more or less overhauled the squad.

What do I get asked about in my first three press conferences in a row that season? Is it our achievements in the previous season? Is it how I'll bed in all the new signings and whether I plan to change how we play? Is it the sales of influential players like Varane, Maguire, Casemiro, or even club captain Bruno Fernandes? Is it the fact that Rashford is angling for a big move to PSG? 

No, none of that. What the press really want to know - and ask me in three press conferences in a row - is how I will cope with the retirement of Tom Heaton. Tom Heaton, my third choice keeper who played a grand total of zero minutes in the four competitions we competed in last season.

I understand a question might get asked about retirement if the player was a regular and/or particularly influential in the dressing room but Heaton was neither. This is not something a real manager would be asked time after time especially when there are so many topics he could be asked about (and I'm not even including the actual fixture the press conference relates to!). This could be so much better and it's frustrating they did the bare minimum on this and have never tried to improve it.

48 minutes ago, Fox990 said:

Can we talk about press conferences? Generally I don't do them, but it's a real shame having to skip something that is supposed to add to the immersion, but doesn't do that and has never been improved since its introduction.

On my Man Utd save I won the league on goal difference and unexpectedly won the CL (a kind knockout draw made it possible). Over that summer I sold a bunch of big name players and more or less overhauled the squad.

What do I get asked about in my first three press conferences in a row that season? Is it our achievements in the previous season? Is it how I'll bed in all the new signings and whether I plan to change how we play? Is it the sales of influential players like Varane, Maguire, Casemiro, or even club captain Bruno Fernandes? Is it the fact that Rashford is angling for a big move to PSG? 

No, none of that. What the press really want to know - and ask me in three press conferences in a row - is how I will cope with the retirement of Tom Heaton. Tom Heaton, my third choice keeper who played a grand total of zero minutes in the four competitions we competed in last season.

I understand a question might get asked about retirement if the player was a regular and/or particularly influential in the dressing room but Heaton was neither. This is not something a real manager would be asked time after time especially when there are so many topics he could be asked about (and I'm not even including the actual fixture the press conference relates to!). This could be so much better and it's frustrating they did the bare minimum on this and have never tried to improve it.

I always find it amusing when 10 journalists including BBC show up at the gates and want me to hold a press conference about the unknown 50 PA U21 squad filler I just signed.

Very high amount of goals from indirect throw ins, i mean the player passes then the opposition defense is very slow to react goal, also corners, better than the beta ME but still need to be toned more i mean very very rarely in real life you see goals which came from throw ins direct or from passing which lead to a goal very rarely seen, here in FM every few matches there are goals with it, also set piece goals are much rarer in real life from corners than in FM which happen way to often this need to be fixed more

Edited by avenger22

On 25/12/2023 at 23:07, Chris2509 said:

image.png.a56582e2fefae2adae5b33b17e11c303.png

Happens again on matchday 35. No international break. They just all leave for six days. What is it?

Do u send your assistant to do interactions?

theres certain interactions, with players being home sick, or not feeling well, being jaded, etc where it becomes extremelyyy hard to get his morale back up, has happened to me, and I was given the option to send him on a leave on absence. Once it was even over mental health issues if I recall. After that leave of absence the player came back feeling better, but a month latee in the window I sold him because he just never recovered his best form. 

anyway im thinking if you delegate all interactions to your assman, you may have never seen that option, but your assman probably sent them on the leave of absence himself. Things like this is Kinda why I still do all interactions myself really. 

I've said this before but transfer valuations are just sheer nonsense. Not only do the AI set absurd valuations for anyone half good (I've posted this in the thread before), but the human valuations are just so clearly lower than they should be.

JonathanDavid_Profile-3.thumb.png.1dd7ffaf0e1edcc4da59660aaf844761.png

Jonathan David has scored 24 league goals in 25(2) games, as well as 9 goals in 15 Champions League games, and I'm supposed to be expecting a measly 18-25m? The most expensive player I have in my squad is Karim Konate, and he's on loan from Bayern. His valuation is 60-71M. The transfer market on the game is dead.

On 23/12/2023 at 15:25, 2feet said:

So why dont you make a 'Consult Assistant Manager' option inside the game?

You click this option and it opens up a chat where you can get your assistant to explain some things about how different roles or positions work to clear up any confusion or issues I might be having with my formation and tactics?

This is a really good idea. I love the idea of actually chatting tactics with my Assistant.

On 25/12/2023 at 10:04, Mr Tonio said:

This happens every year, you can set your clock by it.

Since the update it has been turned back into crossing manager.

1 hour ago, chris72 said:

Are they going to improve the match engine? it is far too boring 

If they do improve the ME will I need to create a new game?

You shouldn't need to create a new game, as it'll run separately to the actual save game file content.

And along with the difficulty needed, yes agree, especially the 4231 formation, one in particular which uses a few identical roles purely designed to exploit the engine.

I hope this gets fixed to make the game more balanced and an incentive to use other systems, which matters when you're playing online.

There is something wrong with the calendar here 

I play two times within one month against Benevento always in the 1st round

20231228_105411.jpg

Btw do not look at the results, I relegated from Serie A last year (was newly promoted from Serie B but arrived 2nd from bottom) and now i have a really strong team for Serie B level

Edited by steve.bs69

Not sure if this is the right place, if it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong. I have it set, in staff responsibilities, that all contracts to players in all squads will be offered and decided by me However, my players keep mysteriously signing new contracts which is really annoying. Am I doing something wrong? I've been playing FM for years and never had this problem. Trying to get screenshots but for some reason I am unable to.

Secondly, where has 'play offside trap' gone from the tactics? 

Edited by DolphinSpain

On 27/12/2023 at 18:46, WelshMourinho said:

I've said this before but transfer valuations are just sheer nonsense. Not only do the AI set absurd valuations for anyone half good (I've posted this in the thread before), but the human valuations are just so clearly lower than they should be.

JonathanDavid_Profile-3.thumb.png.1dd7ffaf0e1edcc4da59660aaf844761.png

Jonathan David has scored 24 league goals in 25(2) games, as well as 9 goals in 15 Champions League games, and I'm supposed to be expecting a measly 18-25m? The most expensive player I have in my squad is Karim Konate, and he's on loan from Bayern. His valuation is 60-71M. The transfer market on the game is dead.

Hes 27 not exactly young anymore. Mediocre skills and playing in Portugal. 25M seems pretty realistic. IMO many other issues far greater than the transfer valuations.

I'm a little discouraged, I'm hoping for a hot fix at least this year. Mainly reducing goals and making the game more dynamic with passing passes, with less robotic goalkeepers and also with the game being more adjusted in instructions and the transfer market.

54 minutes ago, chris72 said:

does anyone else feel like the game is scripted? like the result is already made before the game has even kicked off 

The game is scripted but it's what you do as a manager in the game that changes the results . Tactics , shouts , substitutions etc 

I could be wrong though but that's what I've read in the past

Edited by alian62

2 hours ago, chris72 said:

does anyone else feel like the game is scripted? like the result is already made before the game has even kicked off 

The game is made for you to literally change the script lol. See what I just did 😂

It's been a long time since I played FM the last time. This year, it also took me a long time to start playing the game properly. 

I have only managed about 10 games in total throughout the whole version, but I have to say that I like it, especially when I found a season 03/04 retro database. I think the last version I played was FM 20, and the newer one is a real upgrade. especially in terms of the match engine. I like the fact that the game is creating a lot of turnovers in the midfield and the variety of goals is huge compared to the older versions of the game that often seemed to have a few scenarios that kept repeating themselves. 

I used to put a lot of effort into reporting big issues within the match engine when I was doing beta testing in the past. Back then, most of my reports were ignored, but I would like to think that at least some of them have now made a difference as the game seems now much more football-like than the versions a few years ago, where Harry Kane was completing 80+ pass attempt and playing 5+ key passes per game as a centre forward. 

Still early days, but really enjoying this one so far.