Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched all 3 goals in the last 5 matches, and in fact they came exactly from the areas this image show. But look, there were 2 assists from crosses and the other one was inside the penalty area, originated by a corner, that's okay. But the data shows that the assist came from corner taking, when actually the corner taking led to a player receiving the ball outside the area, moving into the area and passing to the striker to score, so the assist  type was not a corner type of assist at all, unless the game considers that which is a flaw. Has anyone ever tested it ? 

testeaqui.jpg

3 hours ago, jeru said:

Honestly the only improvement about this entire game is you can now make a 3 2 build up shape with the inverted full back role. That’s it that’s your most polished version ever, for all the promise of the ME the initial build up phase is great but approach the final third and it’s like football regresses 30 years into the past and we are right back in 90’s England - ball wide stand up a cross to the far post, ball wide blocked out for a corner, nod the set piece home 1-0 rinse reapeat. 

as for the shambles of the rest of the game the now standard interface bugs are still present and correct the interaction module lacks even more context than ever and the morale module is just a bare faced balancing algorithm attempt to make the game have some level of challenge by making professional elite level players act like teenagers. Do SI even pay attention to the actual real game at all? In real life people bemoan that the characters have gone out of the game as players are so professional now but yeah SI think it’s a simulation. 

if this is the love letter to the series then I have to say for the first time in 25 years I’m done with final straw game over.

im off to delete my manage avatar in all its face painted glory…………

Playing out from the back with full-backs and a half back definitely looks very dodgy.

The sad thing is the base of the engine is very fixed so stuff like precise positioning and movement seems extremely difficult for SI to tweak without breaking something unintentionally. 

How are people finding corners / set pieces in the new patch?

I feel near post corners were OP and the changes have dialled them back... Haven't had much success with other corners.

Also, does your Set Piece rating impact just your ability to coach them, or your ability to score them?

Edited by whatsupdoc

@Jack Joyce
https://www.footballmanager.com/news/future-football-manager

According to the link, in FM25, it mentions a shift to the Unity engine, stating 'FM25 - For the first time in decades, a true sequel. The Unity engine will bring a new graphics engine, a fresh user interface, and advanced animations'. What I'm curious about is whether the match engine (ME) in FM25 will also undergo a complete overhaul. I wonder if there will be improvements to the ME based on the existing series or if you will start completely anew with a new code.

Played a fair bit on the new patch now, update is definitely a step in the right direction. Still feel there may be a few too many goals and would still like more options / attention to detail in respect to set pieces, but there's a  better overall balance and on the tactical / formation front too, so it's been a decent improvement. However I do think the game with an extra patch where good care is put into it is needed.

Hopefully with the current time frame left for this game (which I expect will be another update to tidy everything up with january transfers), things can be tidied up further in all major areas, and make the game more sensitive / difficult with tactical suitability being important for the squad profile quality of players, as still at the moment some tactics that shouldn't be suitable for inferior teams are currently too strong, making the game too easy at present.

If this can be achieved, then it'll be the best overall medium for most players which is all one can ask for really, to cater for both hardcore and casual players for a game where there is no room available to have difficulty levels.

16 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, we're happy with the goal numbers at the moment, currently our numbers are lower than real life.

For example, this weekend in the PL, 4-3, 3-3, 3-2, 2-2, 5-0

And the last Champions League Fixtures had, 6-0, 3-3, 4-2, 3-3, 3-2, 3-1, 3-1, 3-2

That's the thing (please see it as a positive constructive comment): at them moment I have the feeling that the game is too much England-based (e.g. reflects the English dynamics of football even if you play the game coaching in another country). In Italy, for example, defenses are more careful and you see less goals during the weekend.

That could a be a possible improvement (at least for the top 5 European tournaments) for FM25, 26 etc, not only speaking of the ME but also from the dynamic point of view (again, in Italy after 4 bad matches you are questioned by the president and you risk to be fired, in FM you can run half a season under the expectation and the board is waiting and supporting you much more patiently...)

10 hours ago, Rashidi said:

This page has data that does not add up, it’s yet another area of the game that SI has slipped up with. It’s showing that I in the last 5 games I have had two assists from my AMC. Great AMCs work if only I were using one, wait I don’t.  I use a 442. So where did those 2 AMC assists come from.? Maybe the workflow on this screen should be improved so that when you change the number of games it recalculates everything, but is a user expected to know this? I don’t know.

So if this data page is inconsistent how can we rely on it being accurate. I do not want to sound negative, but if someone asks if I have submitted a bug report, I might throw a fit. I thought this game was meant to be a finished product. It does seem that FM24 despite a great match engine has a “fix it as we go” feel which makes it an extremely annoying. I might be a mod, but there is a line even I have to draw in the sand.

Only the positions tab refers to players. Unless I'm missing something the assists screen just shows areas of the pitch that the assist came from, so the player making the assist is irrelevant to the stats, only the area of the pitch they make it from - could be a defender recycling a ball from a corner for all that tells you - they just need to be in the zone just outside the area when they make the pass.

12 hours ago, jeru said:

Honestly the only improvement about this entire game is you can now make a 3 2 build up shape with the inverted full back role. That’s it that’s your most polished version ever, for all the promise of the ME the initial build up phase is great but approach the final third and it’s like football regresses 30 years into the past and we are right back in 90’s England - ball wide stand up a cross to the far post, ball wide blocked out for a corner, nod the set piece home 1-0 rinse reapeat. 

This is one of those things you just end up taking for granted when you play FM, but you're right - the game always shows its English 90s 4-4-2 DNA - every version of the ME just loves to launch aerial balls from the wings (usually to the far post). It's one of the reasons why 'heading-monster' type strikers are always wildly over-successful in FM compared to their quick, technical counterparts. And why a tall IF with good heading can often end up your top scorer. 

To be fair to FM24, the tendency does seem to have been tamed a little - I see far more ground-level pull-backs from players in wide advanced area than I used to do.  The automatic lofted ball into the area every attack does seem to have reduced in frequency (at least in my current save).

Edited by rp1966

11 hours ago, Rodrigogc said:

I've watched all 3 goals in the last 5 matches, and in fact they came exactly from the areas this image show. But look, there were 2 assists from crosses and the other one was inside the penalty area, originated by a corner, that's okay. But the data shows that the assist came from corner taking, when actually the corner taking led to a player receiving the ball outside the area, moving into the area and passing to the striker to score, so the assist  type was not a corner type of assist at all, unless the game considers that which is a flaw. Has anyone ever tested it ? 

testeaqui.jpg

This screen, and the accuracy of the data presented to the user, is about as reflective of real life as Lord of The Rings.

6 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

This screen, and the accuracy of the data presented to the user, is about as reflective of real life as Lord of The Rings.

An FM stat is never too low, nor is it too high.  It is precisely at the level it is meant to be.

Edited by rp1966

Scrolled but didn't see it confirmed.  Is the DB still listed as 24.0.0? Noticed a good few missing changes (as in database errors that were corrected) that may not have made it into this patch (Irish league is lower priority I guess)

30 minutos atrás, Jack Joyce disse:

This is actually normal and how most clubs and data companies track corner goals - a corner goal isn't just a goal scored directly from the taker's kick, it's a goal from the corner phase of play. Otherwise no short corner or 2nd phase play would ever be considered a corner goal.

Thank you for the explanation! 

Here's a thing I wonder if other people have noticed...
If my team are in relatively 'shaky' form - as in, not winning games regularly, spurning lots of easy chances, etc. - have you noticed how the officiating decisions *all* favour the AI team?

I've noticed - maybe anecdotally, which is why I'm asking - that we're suddenly giving away penalties that the in-game commentary says are 'questionable', "that looked onside" goals being disallowed, tight calls not going my way, and after-game news items suggesting the ref was favouring the other team.

I don't think this is the first time I've noticed this in an FM game. I hate to say the simulation aspect is rigged to enforce these spells, but it's definitely been the case for me more than once; usually early in a season, too. Anyone else pick up on this?

I don’t know what it is but the players were performing 100 times better before this new update

Odegaard Saka were scoring goals from everywhere and seemed unstoppable. This update has somehow decreased their ability 

same for other players they're  good but not as good as they were

Maybe we shouldn’t have given them feedback but it had to be done.

The game can be so fluid and good to watch but then all of a sudden even if your playing against a rubbish team the game goes so dead that u lose interest in even watching the highlights. The opposition gk turns into prime manuel neuer 

I can play a decent team away from home

15 shots on target 0 goals great  xG I still end up losing 1-0

- Also finding young players to buy is so annoying most are too rubbish to play in my team  I don’t believe this is realistic

- And when it comes to arranging friendlies on tour and choosing teams touring nearby there are no teams and I can’t choose other teams 

- It just feels like my team instructions, training and tactics have no real effect/impact on the game and match engine and this is just a massive script and the result is already made before the game has even started. For £40 I feel like I've been robbed FM 23's match engine was a bit funny at times especially with all the VAR but FM 23 was definitely more enjoyable than this years game. 

2 hours ago, Arnar said:

My Gk had go off injured. After the match i get a message that he fractured his arm after getting struck by the ball. The highlight shows him coming out for a cross, catching the ball and then kick it out of play. 

Fair play to him for going through the pain barrier.  A modern day Bert Trautmann.

5 hours ago, chris72 said:

I don’t know what it is but the players were performing 100 times better before this new update

Odegaard Saka were scoring goals from everywhere and seemed unstoppable. This update has somehow decreased their ability 

same for other players they're  good but not as good as they were

Maybe we shouldn’t have given them feedback but it had to be done.

The game can be so fluid and good to watch but then all of a sudden even if your playing against a rubbish team the game goes so dead that u lose interest in even watching the highlights. The opposition gk turns into prime manuel neuer 

I can play a decent team away from home

15 shots on target 0 goals great  xG I still end up losing 1-0

- Also finding young players to buy is so annoying most are too rubbish to play in my team  I don’t believe this is realistic

- And when it comes to arranging friendlies on tour and choosing teams touring nearby there are no teams and I can’t choose other teams 

- It just feels like my team instructions, training and tactics have no real effect/impact on the game and match engine and this is just a massive script and the result is already made before the game has even started. For £40 I feel like I've been robbed FM 23's match engine was a bit funny at times especially with all the VAR but FM 23 was definitely more enjoyable than this years game. 

My exact experience - I'm just too exhausted to talk about it now.

As much as i was wanting and needed an update to continue on with my successful save, now i barely want to even play it. Similar to you, i feel like i had less influence and control over my team and the way they played than i do now. 

Well no wonder why Scouts can't find anything.

afbeelding.thumb.png.f7f55acd2cf9e42c0a388d449666b25a.png

B rank recommendation, 2-2.5* PCA and 5* PPA, but not worth the recommendation because the asking price is above market value?! :D

Scouts don't mind recommending me random €100m+ transfer listed players I never asked about, but a young Brazilian talent is too expensive at €17.5m to get a recommendation.

The argument was about the creative 10 though, not the goal scoring 10. AMCs attacking the box have been very strong in that regard in recent versions, so turning one into your top scorer is hardly a surprise. But even with his involvement he is still only looking at 6 assists over 40 games.

21 hours ago, The About Average Jake said:

Can someone please teach me how to defend! 

I'm giving away 2 goal leads like there're going out of fashion. 

High press, max intensity on the ball off the ball, high line, don't sit deep if you don't know how to set it up its a lose situaton unless you pull it off somehow , its much easier to defend in FM having high press, hard tackling than to sit and wait for a counter which even in irl it is becoming more obsolete as many teams even small ones try to be proactive, use back 3/5 which are very good defensively if you struggle there easy to set up and not mess up in defense with a back 5.

For those complaining about too many goals being scored, Man C v Spurs, Liverpool v Fulham, Bournemouth v Villa, Chelsea v Brighton  and Luton V Arsenal, 29 goals in 5 games.

Edited by jc1

On 03/12/2023 at 12:07, dzek said:

If I understand you correctly you have a problem with “improved AI team selection” right? And you're showing us your team in the screenshot that's not relevant. You want to explain your problem better?

It was not my team, it was the opponents team mate.

9 hours ago, mpfm said:

I am quite furious right now and i am not sure if it's a bug or if there is something i can do about it. I am playing as Sochaux in France, and halfway through the first half of the season i asked my board to increase the youth intake, seeing as my goal with the save was to use as many homegrown players as possible. They agreed to increase the junior coaching but for the recruitment they wanted me to promise to "give young players first-team opportunities" to at least two players. I figured this would be an easy promise since my whole team is young anyway. Fast forward to the end of the season i and i have cruised to an easy promotion. I have also extensively used young players (i mean 90% of my squad is very young) and even played like the last 5-6 games with mostly youngsters (17 year olds) starting, since i had won the league. The board is very pleased with me and everything and i have a B rating.

After the season is done i am then immediately, without any warning, fired; for "failing to give first-team opportunities to our young players". Absolutely shocking.

There is nowhere in the game to even see this invisible "promise" that i made earlier in the season, all i can i see is a happy board. Also, i have gone way over the promise with using tons of youngsters all season. I also got a fantastic youth-intake with a golden generation, and it is now all down in the drain because "the most complete game ever" can't function properly.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there anything i can do to avoid my game being ruined? Is this actually a bug? I am fuming. If this means the end of this save i am not gonna bother to pick up this travesty again.

I saw a similar post a while back . Log it in bug section . 

CAN THE MODERATOR WHO POSTS THIS PLEASE TELL ME WHY IT TAKES OVER 7 HOURS TO POST ? 

PLEASE MESSGAE ME

Gotta admit, some of the goals I am scoring using the Segundo Volante to rip up defences is sublime. Done this same attacking pattern with a 4231 with a SV and with a back 3 system. A central attacking pattern where the SV plays a centrally placed through ball to carve the side open.  Must be lower league football marking where the central defender gets drawn out prematurely. Its the one thing I do like about the engine, the distinction in footballing styles in lower league as well as top tier. Its much harder to pull this off when I am playing against Bayern Munich using another bundesliga side.

1 hour ago, mpfm said:

I am quite furious right now and i am not sure if it's a bug or if there is something i can do about it. I am playing as Sochaux in France, and halfway through the first half of the season i asked my board to increase the youth intake, seeing as my goal with the save was to use as many homegrown players as possible. They agreed to increase the junior coaching but for the recruitment they wanted me to promise to "give young players first-team opportunities" to at least two players. I figured this would be an easy promise since my whole team is young anyway. Fast forward to the end of the season i and i have cruised to an easy promotion. I have also extensively used young players (i mean 90% of my squad is very young) and even played like the last 5-6 games with mostly youngsters (17 year olds) starting, since i had won the league. The board is very pleased with me and everything and i have a B rating.

After the season is done i am then immediately, without any warning, fired; for "failing to give first-team opportunities to our young players". Absolutely shocking.

There is nowhere in the game to even see this invisible "promise" that i made earlier in the season, all i can i see is a happy board. Also, i have gone way over the promise with using tons of youngsters all season. I also got a fantastic youth-intake with a golden generation, and it is now all down in the drain because "the most complete game ever" can't function properly.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there anything i can do to avoid my game being ruined? Is this actually a bug? I am fuming. If this means the end of this save i am not gonna bother to pick up this travesty again.

This is a bug that needs to be reported.

7 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

All the players decided to be against me because a backup player wanted to increase his salary from 9k a month to 30k a month and I didn't agree. I definitely give up playing FM24.

Exactly this, why the players are so sensitive and very easily to triggered. At this point I just hope they just make it so that the player will have 10% rate of disagree, and 20% for players with bad attitude at maximum since that would be most agreeable for me.

5% of disagree if we offer them promises since that should not be that easily to dismissed, if the player fulfill them I will give them what they want even if they are some backup with 1 star rating. If they can perform well in training over 7.5 I will give them chances in next 3 games. The way they just disrupt and end conversation so sudden make me mad as hell.

8 hours ago, alian62 said:

I saw a similar post a while back . Log it in bug section . 

CAN THE MODERATOR WHO POSTS THIS PLEASE TELL ME WHY IT TAKES OVER 7 HOURS TO POST ? 

PLEASE MESSGAE ME

Because maybe we're volunteers who don't work 24/7 and when posts come through at gone midnight, a lot of us are in bed asleep? There's no obligation to approve posts the second they're posted, things get approved when we get round to it. Easiest way to avoid this is to not get yourself on post moderation to begin with.

52 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

Because maybe we're volunteers who don't work 24/7 and when posts come through at gone midnight, a lot of us are in bed asleep? There's no obligation to approve posts the second they're posted, things get approved when we get round to it. Easiest way to avoid this is to not get yourself on post moderation to begin with.

I know i am on a differerent time zone so i guess that cant be helped . Just funny that when something gets posted its like im behind the 8 ball :cool: ..... But yes you are correct of course as it was my fault . 

11 hours ago, mpfm said:

I agree that 99% this is a bug, but I am just wondering: have you ever considered that the board made you promise to use at least two NEW YOUNG PLAYERS other than the ones already in your first squad?  

Feedback after the update...much worse that it was BEFORE the update...they've just toned down the chance of human team scoring and improved the chance of AI scoring...tons of penalties against, red cards, woodworks, while on the other side almost every shot is on target...very bad job

1 hour ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Continuing an old FM23 save. I tell Angel Di Maria I'm disappointed in his lack of commitment to training. He gets annoyed and immediately tells me I'm wrong and that he has good standing in the squad and can do whatever he wants. I back off by telling him I'm disappointed and hope he trains harder in future. He finishes by telling me he doesn't need to try harder.

Can whoever writes these scenarios please speak to an actual human being at some point in their life and get an idea of how interactions go? It's either 'you're right, I need to buck my ideas up' or 'I will kill you in your sleep and nobody will care or miss you'.

i find this year warning a poor training player may backfire more often than before. Jaydon Sancho effect i call it :onmehead:

1 hour ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Continuing an old FM23 save. I tell Angel Di Maria I'm disappointed in his lack of commitment to training. He gets annoyed and immediately tells me I'm wrong and that he has good standing in the squad and can do whatever he wants. I back off by telling him I'm disappointed and hope he trains harder in future. He finishes by telling me he doesn't need to try harder.

Can whoever writes these scenarios please speak to an actual human being at some point in their life and get an idea of how interactions go? It's either 'you're right, I need to buck my ideas up' or 'I will kill you in your sleep and nobody will care or miss you'.

I'm well aware that interactions are just broken to hell but maybe try and just not criticise in the first place? There are ways to completely avoid some of these issues.

2 ore fa, jam jameson ha scritto:

Feedback after the update...much worse that it was BEFORE the update...they've just toned down the chance of human team scoring and improved the chance of AI scoring...tons of penalties against, red cards, woodworks, while on the other side almost every shot is on target...very bad job

Bah not agree 

With My Serie B team Brescia i kicked out of Italy Cup three serie A teams Udinese Genoa and Roma all three after extra Times and especially Roma missed 100 chances

I find it too easy and i'm sure AI made me win, i agree with you it is very bad but for the opposit reason.....

14 hours ago, mpfm said:

I think there is a similar post a few pages back. Log it is a bug with a save before the sacking

3 hours ago, Costav said:

I agree that 99% this is a bug, but I am just wondering: have you ever considered that the board made you promise to use at least two NEW YOUNG PLAYERS other than the ones already in your first squad?  

I don't quite remember the exact message in the "promise" or what to call it, but i promoted several players from my u19 team to the first team and used them a lot. I do not recall the message being about having to "sign young players". I am quite sure i would have taken that into account when i read it. I'll report it as a bug when i get home from work. Needless to say, really gutted that my save got ruined because of this, especially since everything was going so well and i had a terrific youth intake aswell.

Edited by mpfm