Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

On the goals/assists thing - here's mine.  Thanks to the person that pointed out this screen's location - I knew it was in the game, but couldn't remember how to get to it (damn FMs nests of screens!),

Goal locations:
image.thumb.png.f2e782ef3c2b79d27c9d25b8ff07a65e.png

... and corresponding assist locations

image.png.b3c66703ef8d4089c306a5f347dea3e2.png

Edited by rp1966

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, herne79 said:

The Board (and the Media) think I use a Wingplay style.

I don't believe you... maybe it only happens to you!!!

10 minutes ago, herne79 said:

As an aside there seems to be something wrong with the data - according to the data below I've scored 67 goals along with 57 assists (positional map) or 61 assists (assist types).  The funny thing is I actually scored 98 league goals in the last 45 matches, so something's not adding up.

24bacf1a3859d8d5543ba988fb92a252.png

24a23b7edff1228146c01439645e1f40.png

ac8e6e0af4e6e11eb335daf4570137f3.png

Have you reported it as a bug?

2 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

Go to analysis, click on the second big bar titled scoring (from memory).

Then click on the assists tab near the smaller graphics. 

I think with the AMCs a lot of the roles make forward runs from an already high line so they won't be in position to receive in zone 14 as much as you'd like.

With the 4-3-3 they move into that space and mine do ok with "more direct passing" and "try killer balls" PPM on. 

But getting creativity from that area has been tricky in the last few FMs for me. 

I still can't find this by analysis do you mean datahub?

If so I don't even have a tab called scoring or anything even remotely like that 😂

I used to like looking at these before they moved them and hid them away somewhere...where I now have no idea.

The UI in FM is a labyrinthine mess.

@steve.bs69 - Please don't spam screenshots in here, you've posted in the bug tracker about crosses, and that's where bugs should go. There is no need to post endless amounts of screenshots in here anymore, thanks.

6 minutos atrás, kiwityke1983 disse:

If so I don't even have a tab called scoring or anything even remotely like that 😂

I used to like looking at these before they moved them and hid them away somewhere...where I now have no idea.

The path is

data hub -> team -> analysis report -> click on scoring -> and you have the goals/assists/position to choose from

7 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Data Hub - > Team -> Analyst Report, but it won't show up unless you have a performance analyst.

Just now, XaW said:

Data Hub - > Team -> Analyst Report, but it won't show up unless you have a performance analyst.

Thank you.

I also have the most basic analytical staff possible so that would be why I don't have these reports.

I have some basic numbers instead which say 36% of goals come from through balls and 40% from crosses. 

My guess the rest would be from set pieces and long balls.

Which would tally with what I thought they'd be about from just watching the games.

In my save ive been messing round a bit and it seems as long as a player has good physicals and mentals you can put them anywhere......striker wingback.....CD as an AF-h will bang goals in....Technicals dont mattervery much at all now which is a shambles -I think this is a massive issue....has anyone else noticed this?

10 minutos atrás, dannyo666 disse:

In my save ive been messing round a bit and it seems as long as a player has good physicals and mentals you can put them anywhere......striker wingback.....CD as an AF-h will bang goals in....Technicals dont mattervery much at all now which is a shambles -I think this is a massive issue....has anyone else noticed this?

That is true. Managing St pauli, I had Nicolas Siri scoring 21 gols in Bundesliga even though he is not a great striker, and he was young. He hasn't developed as I expected and I sold him, his career declined massively, he went to a 2nd division Mexican Club. Okay, this is not unusual (players having a great season and declining) but the point is, he is an average striker to score 21 gols in Bundesliga, and I manage St pauli, back then I was struggling to not get relegated.

Look at his 2025/26 season, 34 games, 21 gols, an average striker playing for a club that had just been 1 season in Bundesliga. What seems to me, is that happiness and morale gives a boost to many players, it doesn't matter much their attributes. As long as they are happy, they will perform. 

siri.jpg

siri2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

That is true. Managing St pauli, I had Nicolas Siri scoring 21 gols in Bundesliga even though he is not a great striker, and he was young. He hasn't developed as I expected and I sold him, his career declined massively, he went to a 2nd division Mexican Club. Okay, this is not unusual (players having a great season and declining) but the point is, he is an average striker to score 21 gols in Bundesliga, and I manage St pauli, back then I was struggling to not get relegated.

Look at his 2025/26 season, 34 games, 21 gols, an average striker playing for a club that had just been 1 season in Bundesliga. What seems to me, is that happiness and morale gives a boost to many players, it doesn't matter much their attributes. As long as they are happy, they will perform. 

siri.jpg

siri2.jpg

that can happen irl not often but it does this is based on premier league tho not bundesliga https://sport.optus.com.au/news/premier-league/os7456/one-season-wonders-premier-league

16 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

What seems to me, is that happiness and morale gives a boost to many players, it doesn't matter much their attributes. As long as they are happy, they will perform. 

I find this too. 

One of the devs said last week that a player with 17 for finishing may finish at a 13 rating if their morale, happiness etc was off. It often feels the other way around too.

Saliba got 16 goals for in a season playing upfront-all types of goals....looked like a world class striker...you could not tell the difference between hin and gabby jesus whilst watching...granted i was just fiddleing around with things but this explains a lot for me and the match engine

37 minutes ago, rjferguson90 said:

Very quickly getting very tired of dominating every game (15+ shots), scoring one or two, whilst the opposition have one shot and one goal. It seems every opponent is just stupidly clinical on this version.

Seeing a small but welcome change in goals from both teams in my save. 

image.thumb.png.d735108b485e0e2d173c0c1e590a2831.png

image.thumb.png.8fda17d534522994220d4261f79643e7.png

Player-wise:

image.png.a02c60240768b4143fd75ed284a84483.png

I'm 5.5 goals over my xG, 1 goal over my xGA, most players are over their xG.

Two of the teams above are outliers in xGA so maybe there's some cursed tactic or instruction IDK.

Edited by whatsupdoc

I've played a good amount since the last patch and although at first I was happy with the scorelines, sadly, it seems that they're still a bit too much. I haven't seen any crazy ones like 7-3 etc, but there are too many 3-3's, 4-3's, etc. 

Hopefully, SI can tinker with them a bit more. 

22 horas atrás, rp1966 disse:

I guess it must be down to the the players/roles elsewhere in the team because my AMC (an AM(At) in a 4-2-3-1 DM) is the absolute star of the show.  Last season  joint top scorer; most assists and highest rating.  This season (only 5 games so far) already top scorer and highest rated - only joint leader on assists so far. What may be part of the reason is that my AMC is the best player in the team by quite a margin, so maybe that means the ME focuses more play through him than if I had more comparable level players around him.

I guess I'll find out as I strengthen the squad and my high potential young players improve..

Have to say the same . My first season AMC AP(s) with just One pi (hold the ball) was man of the season with 15 goals and assists 

18 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, we're happy with the goal numbers at the moment, currently our numbers are lower than real life.

For example, this weekend in the PL, 4-3, 3-3, 3-2, 2-2, 5-0

And the last Champions League Fixtures had, 6-0, 3-3, 4-2, 3-3, 3-2, 3-1, 3-1, 3-2

At this point I'm convinced that IRL football is just a cheap simulation/projection of the FM match engine. :brock:

Goalie blunders (Hamburg derby, Onana), strikers scoring bicycle kicks (Garnacho, Auba) and trivelas (Wes Burns) left and right , stoppage time goals mostly (PL or Roma in general) and scorelines that represent hockey matches...just in the past 2 weeks.

Down on the line, give us a few months and we will be complaining about the unrealistic under 8 goals/matches or no acrobatic stunners or inexplicable own goals in every game based on this nonsense going on in the football world currently :D . And for sure FM stimulates the referee/VAR decision on a way superior level than the incompetence we see on an average weekend on the coverage.

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, we're happy with the goal numbers at the moment, currently our numbers are lower than real life.

And the last Champions League Fixtures had, 6-0, 3-3, 4-2, 3-3, 3-2, 3-1, 3-1, 3-2

Fair enough. I'm playing in Latvia which is a notoriously low-scoring league, perhaps that's why it seems worse than it is.

I wish the average scorelines would differ depending on the quality of the league. For example, the high scores are fine for the Premier League or the UCL, but it's very, very, very rare to have two 5+ goal games in the same matchday in, let's say, Polish Ekstraklasa. 

Thx to SI to make CaC compatible with the league mods that add the german lower leagues again!

It was not possible for quite a while so i checked it less and less but it seems that it already is possible in the latest FM23 version and right now in FM24.

This is great bcs it offers a little more functionality than the ingame editor and does not count as having used the ingame editor while playing!

PS: Oh well, to spoil my pleasure having find out i can use CaC again i also found that the ingame editor is more expensive than last year and still not offers the functionality the CaC Editor offers.

Changing he Club Logo is not available and naming the Stadium seems also not possible...therefore i feel the ingame editor is to expensively priced!

Edited by Etebaer

I've been saying this every year for a while now, but the squad building issues really do make the game a lot less fun. It's especially egregious at midtable teams in the top flight, where in reality there's a fair bit of churn with new managers adopting new systems, players running down contracts and so on - in FM Everton, Brentford, Brighton etc just have the same squads for years and years and years. Very boring and very immersion-sapping.

Possibly I missed this information, but could someone from SI or chat members clarify if another patch is planned before Christmas?… so that I could plan a new save. Thanks.

Currently playing FM23, also have FM24, but I think it is one patch away from becoming a better version (assuming the patch will be an overall improvement).

6 minutes ago, Golob said:

Possibly I missed this information, but could someone from SI or chat members clarify if another patch is planned before Christmas?… so that I could plan a new save. Thanks.

Currently playing FM23, also have FM24, but I think it is one patch away from becoming a better version (assuming the patch will be an overall improvement).

As far as I know, no such info has been released.

2 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Actually, thats not really good in my oppinion. Less goals also means more boring.

I play the series since cm2 95/96.

since FM 2019, I play every match hoping I don’t win the match. It’s too easy. It becomes boring. 

In the past it was a challenge to become champions with almost every team, now you become it with AS Roma first season.

I play always plug and play tactic, don’t do any team management and I’m succesful. 

What went wrong? 

7 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

IRL high goal numbers have increased due to having 5 subs and up to 10 minutes extra time . Personally I don't like it but that's just the way it is . Seems many goals IRL are coming after the 80 min mark . FM24s simulation for goals is spot on I think but maybe we are all use to the days when 1-0 or 2-0 etc were the norm . Well done I say