Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

12 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

Was so happy when I saw the update was released today, too bad my enthusiasm ended immediately as I found the manager picture not working now... Lack of comments from SI on this also worries me a bit.

you can enter it yourself, get the manager id and add your picture the usual way in the picture pack entering in the config file. takes about a minute or two. Bit annoying i agree but easy enough to sort.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, krkyseventwo said:

I quite agree with that. The AMC role is almost a 2nd striker nowadays, with goals and pressing vital rather than just an out and out creative machine. Alvarez, Bruno, Nkunku and Maddison being examples. Bellingham also in his new role at Madrid. 

In 2023 i have yet to find one AMC on support AP Support type in a 4-2-3-1, all have some sort of SS or AM (A) even Brighton everyone they attack the box and half spaces this is hugely to the speed of the game irl which has become much more faster than before, i remember Simeone who said that none of 2014 players defenders would cope with today's game speed and complexity the way they played, that is why he also evolved, also AM is easiest positon to take out of the game because today cover shadows screening is basically impossible for a player to sit in the hole to do anything, just watch a match 2000s and you see huge massive space in between the lines in the center today there is none only behind and halfspaces which is how all teams today attack.

Edited by avenger22

33 minutes ago, makavali said:

I'm pretty sure that the majority of us watch the highlights. I find it hard to believe that you love football/this game so much that you watch an extensive amount of highlights, but the ridiculous amount of goals scored was not bothering you. 

What's the point in seeing beautiful buildup if it happens 5 times a half and the game ends 4-4. Personally, I think that we should be thankful that a major update arrived way earlier than anticipated and a lot of complaints have been addressed. Keep providing feedback instead of your emotions and I'm sure that we will get more tweaks and updates along the way. 

Saying 'Well done SI, you ruined the game' 6 hours after the update has been released is wild. 

Stop making sense around here its not allowed bro

SI, Thanks for the early delivery. 

it looks like you guys put a lot of work into this update and it is greatly appreciated. I have been playing 200+ hours since early release and will stick with my save, gladly welcoming any new changes I may encounter. 

thanks again for a great game 👍🏽 

Not full details. Missing 200 goals per league. English Premier only 870 goals, German Bundesliga only 701 goals, Scottish Premiership only 508 goals and French 1 only 699 goals so missing about 300 goals!!!!! Dear SI, do you usually test? :(

And yellow cards are also missing.

Bundesliga_ Stages.png

cinch Premiership_ Stages.png

Ligue 1 Uber Eats_ Stages.png

Premier League_ Stages.png

Edited by Cle

Hi folks got a question, hopefully someone can answer. 

Does the wage budget take into account bonuses such as appearance fee's and goal bonuses? 

I've just started a new LLM save and my weekly budget is 25k and its maxed out but when I added all the wages together it came to 20.5k.

4.5k is a massive deficit when squad building in the lower league.    

1 minute ago, Cle said:

Missing 200 goals per league. English Premier only 870 goals, German Bundesliga only 701 goals, Scottish Premiership only 508 goals and French 1 only 699 goals so missing about 300 goals!!!!! Dear SI, do you usually test? :(

And yellow cards are also missing.

Bundesliga_ Stages.png

Are you running these leagues on ''full detail'' under the detail level? If not, this is the QME.

I was one who got extremely disappointed with the game prior to this update, but I must say that I'm now impressed. Ok, I played only 2 months and focused on spotting ME issues, and I found none worth mentioning! I have not seen woodwork ball hiting often, goals are now being scored in many different ways, my team is defending better, and all of these tests I made watching games completely. At the beginning I was worried about the players rushing forward like someone pointed out earlier in this topic, but I made tweaks, reduced mentality and tempo and I saw great build up play! Think I'll be able to create my long term save now, and I'll focus on building a defensive tactic up until the next patch to test it out. Probably the game will get even better, but I think it is worth praising SI when they need to be praised.  

34 minutes ago, makavali said:

I'm pretty sure that the majority of us watch the highlights. I find it hard to believe that you love football/this game so much that you watch an extensive amount of highlights, but the ridiculous amount of goals scored was not bothering you. 

What's the point in seeing beautiful buildup if it happens 5 times a half and the game ends 4-4. Personally, I think that we should be thankful that a major update arrived way earlier than anticipated and a lot of complaints have been addressed. Keep providing feedback instead of your emotions and I'm sure that we will get more tweaks and updates along the way. 

Saying 'Well done SI, you ruined the game' 6 hours after the update has been released is wild. 

First of all,not all.the games were high scoring ones, far from it. Second, the biuld up play I mentioned did not corespond to.gigh scoring games. With the update, there are things that I noticed and confirmed after watching several games:

1. Biuld up play is much faster.

2. Passes are moving much fater

3. As  I mentioned before, players rush the ball far more instead of combining from their own half, which was indeed the case before the update.

In short, watching the games before the update felt much more lime an real game than after the update. 

We can debate on this forum and I believe that you.do not own the exclusive right of opinion.

Thank you,

Anyone else having problem managing Newcastle? I have tried tactics from the internet that should be good as a desperate attemtp to turn the save around but nothing works. I believe that some teams arent meant to work, as i have deleted and began an new save 4-5 times with them

1 hour ago, jozza800 said:

Utterly broken the the set pieces, I have now lost my last 4 league games all from set piece goals.

There sholud be an option if you want to download the patch, or at least schedule it. This is going to wreck my season.

this was mainly an issue before the patch. seems odd.

Edited by StephenG

2 hours ago, krkyseventwo said:

I quite agree with that. The AMC role is almost a 2nd striker nowadays, with goals and pressing vital rather than just an out and out creative machine. Alvarez, Bruno, Nkunku and Maddison being examples. Bellingham also in his new role at Madrid. 

Reality though is they also still create. Maddison and Bruno from your own examples are top and joint 2nd in the premiership this season for key passes per game at 2.8pg and 2.7pg...alvarez is ranked 9th at 2.3pg. Then nkunku at rbl had 40 assists. Bellingham key passes is 1.6pg and 49passes per game, Maddison is averaging 44.5ppg, bruno 54.2ppg, Pacqueta at west ham has 1.3 key pass pg and 50 ppg this year.

So they're still involved in build up play and creatively where this isn't done so well in FM.

1 hour ago, avenger22 said:

Simeone who said that none of 2014 players defenders would cope with today's game speed and complexity the way they played, that is why he also evolved, also AM is easiest positon to take out of the game because today cover shadows screening is basically impossible for a player to sit in the hole to do anything, just watch a match 2000s and you see huge massive space in between the lines in the center today there is none only behind and halfspaces which is how all teams today attack.

The thing is simeone can say this all he wants but it's folly. The likes of ronaldo, benzema, lewandowski, ibrahimovic, quagliarella all experienced increases in their scoring rates after the age of 30 which indicates it became easier to score as their career's went on implying defending has got worse. Good defenders from the past would find it very easy playing these days.

Just take thiago silva at chelsea...he's 39...I saw him struggle a lot more in his mid 20s prior to 2014 than I have seen him in recent years. Couple of instances this year where he's made mistakes but prior years at chelsea he's glided through many games and he looks a better defender in his late 30s than he did in his late 20s...so any suggestion of simeone re 2014 defenders not being able to cope with the speed and complexity of the game these days is complete and utter nonsense and removed from reality. Thiago silva provides us with evidence of that...he's finding it easier these days.

Maddison has been a great example of a creative attacking midfielder this season...sure teams can attempt to block space centrally but that just implies they be more mobile as maddison has done this year. These players just need to move more into pockets of space to move and create from there. Again these type of players from the past would be fine these days. Take messi...he hasn't found it that difficult to create and score in his advancing years...that despite an assumption the game is faster and these positions are easily taken out of the game these days. Messi provides real world evidence to the contrary.

FM simply isn't simulating creative positions and creativity overall as well as they should in the attacking third of the pitch

Edited by akkm

3 ore fa, Muja ha scritto:

Also... since patch 24.1.0, AMC is once again useless in creating chances.
I've done countless tests. 
It can still be good as an attacker coming from deep (SS, Am-At) but I've observed he doesn't move much from the central position and that means he rarely makes decisive passes (since most of them come from wide areas), so he doesn't create chances, and if you want to use him as a pure creative player, he'll contribute very poorly to build up and get low ratings .

Look, no offense, but...
Is there a way to go back to the Beta ME?
Despite GK injuries and weird results, it was much more fun. 

Can I take it back? I want to take it all back.
With positional play it's quite easy to make the AMC move wider and participate more in the build-up: make one of the players behind him go forward, and he'll accommodate. 

Positional play. My god, this year's ME might have its faults, but overall it's fantastic.

5 hours ago, Eoin Maguire said:

There goes my immersion for my save. I got Newgan Manager for first time last week and was enjoying it so much. No all the faces are gone because of SIs incompetence. Ridiculous. I can't play on until I know it either can't be fixed or is fixed 

SI are not responsible for outside of the game MODS . Thats the peril of using them . If you want to complain then complain to the MOD maker

By far the biggest issue I had with the game was the ridiculous amount of goals scored and after a couple of hours of gameplay tonight, I'm quite confident that it has been addressed. I'm playing a calm, low tempo, possession football and I don't see much difference in terms of the buildup or how the chances created are visually represented. Most importantly, scores around the world seem absolutely fine which was a huge deal breaker for me and others I'm sure. 

Also, I've noticed a bit more penalties, but to be honest, I like it. I'm a huge fan of realism/immersion and I've always felt that there's too little of them in the game. We're living in VAR era where every little contact is reviewed and possibly called, so it doesn't feel like it's ruining the simulation or the experience in general. Instead, it makes you hate the referees just like in real life lol 

Defensive football and parking the bus works, which is lovely. Of course, if you're the underdog and you're putting 11 man behind the ball, most likely, you will concede a ton of chances and lose, but it's possible. In previous games playing a catenaccio against a heavyweight would ruin your day within the first half. 

Player interactions are still broken. When trying to convince a player who's willing to explore their options to stay, they confront you for even bringing it up which seems stupid. Not too big of a deal as we can edit the unhappiness, but I don't recall such a sequence in the previous game or the beta. 

Thank you SI for the update! 

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 02.15.42.png

Edited by makavali

Full details. English Premier League goals: 1086 goals this is correct. German Bundesliga 773 goals missing about 150-200 goals. French 1 828 goals missing about 200 goals. Scottish Premiership 724 goals overplus about 10%. And yellow cards missing English Premier and Scottish Premiership about 30-40% and French 1 about 55%. I did not test Spanish, Italian and Portuguese leagues.

Bundesliga_ Stages.png

Ligue 1 Uber Eats_ Team Detailed.png

8 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Gonna take me all night to put my faces back in my Scottish save.

Why??? Was it something to do with adding Japanese faces or something?

Nope, it was that some newgens were managing to spawn with the same ID number as an existing player, so now all newgens spawn with "r-" in front of their ID so that it doesn't matter if the number itself is the same.

Additionally, not sure why it'd take you all night - it'd just be a matter of using Find/Replace to change "graphics/pictures/person/" to "graphics/pictures/person/r-", unless you made the error of just having one huge config file for all faces, for both newgens and existing players, rather than having 1 folder for real player faces and 1 folder for newgen faces. 

3 hours ago, damjanovski said:

From beautiful ME to pinball one, with playars just rushing forward with no biuld up play. 

Well done SI, you ruined the game. But, for some players who just want stats and just simulate the games, this is dream come true. But, for the rest of us, who are watching the games, this is 2 steps back.

Just FYI, none of that was changed, it was basically fixes for set pieces and the GK not missing backpasses tonnes.

Additionally, there is 0% chance that you have played anywhere near enough games since the patch to be able to categorically say that the entire ME has been changed.

10 minutes ago, JordanMilly said:

Just FYI, none of that was changed, it was basically fixes for set pieces and the GK not missing backpasses tonnes.

Additionally, there is 0% chance that you have played anywhere near enough games since the patch to be able to categorically say that the entire ME has been changed.

Just to clarify - can someone officially confirm for sure whether any of the "open play" changed, such as pressing or defensive movements etc.. outside of set pieces? If this is clarified then people may stop making incorrect assumptions and drawing false conclusions.

Edited by StephenG

30 minutes ago, JordanMilly said:

Nope, it was that some newgens were managing to spawn with the same ID number as an existing player, so now all newgens spawn with "r-" in front of their ID so that it doesn't matter if the number itself is the same.

Additionally, not sure why it'd take you all night - it'd just be a matter of using Find/Replace to change "graphics/pictures/person/" to "graphics/pictures/person/r-", unless you made the error of just having one huge config file for all faces, for both newgens and existing players, rather than having 1 folder for real player faces and 1 folder for newgen faces. 

Yeah, I put all my newgen faces in my 'faces' folder full of sortitoutsi mega pack faces, and added lines to that config file. Sorted now anyway

so after reporting this bug 2/3 times 3 different places long long time ago

its still not fixed

U20 U18 MANAGER ASKING MY ADVICE BUT NOT USING IT

Never spending even a penny on this game again and im asking refund wich i wont get from steam probably

How can anyone play longterm save or try to develop players if ur u20 18 manager sabotaging you and letting ur talents u want to develop rot on the bench?

someone from SI explain that to me please

How can i even train them...they dont have match fitness...

joke

Edited by mrmiituu

5 minutos atrás, alvinho922 disse:

After the update I noticed that that absurd amount of goals seems to have decreased. The issue of substitutions has also been resolved. The goalkeepers are more efficient. In the same way that I criticized, I come here to congratulate SI for the good work delivered even before the deadline. I just think there should be an option to talk to the base coaches so they can use the young talents that we prefer and that we know will evolve. I'm with Athletic Bilbao, I took a young promise from Basconia to play for Athletic B and he wasn't used once.

Did you start a new save?

How am I able to sign Helmut Jungheim as my coach for measly 39k/year? As Lech Poznan? As the first thing in my save? I will keep coming back, after every update, to see if the realism has been fixed. I don't think I will ever be able to start a long term save.

jungheim.png

3 hours ago, Etebaer said:

And which if the none would that be?

I have read someone took the official FM22 light skin and loaded it up on FM24 and it works fine . Mustermann has a skin in the Skinning section and is releasing a light version soon . There are plenty of skins while mainly dark offer lighter backgrounds to choose from.  

Has the training/development been fixed?? usually i see massive drops in atributes along a season without the player being injured - I know its been raised in bug forum but cant see a fix on it? 

Again im hugely dissapointet again this year (I never learn)... Gonna skip fm25, new engine and all... it will be an epic cluster#%#&#&

I loved, LOVED! fm in early years.. Now, not so much...

8 minutes ago, JensenS said:

Has the training/development been fixed?? usually i see massive drops in atributes along a season without the player being injured - I know its been raised in bug forum but cant see a fix on it? 

Again im hugely dissapointet again this year (I never learn)... Gonna skip fm25, new engine and all... it will be an epic cluster#%#&#&

I loved, LOVED! fm in early years.. Now, not so much...

not all players are meant to get better sir, just like IRL some stagnate or get worse due to known or unknown reasons

6 ore fa, Cle ha scritto:

Full details. English Premier League goals: 1086 goals this is correct. German Bundesliga 773 goals missing about 150-200 goals. French 1 828 goals missing about 200 goals. Scottish Premiership 724 goals overplus about 10%. And yellow cards missing English Premier and Scottish Premiership about 30-40% and French 1 about 55%. I did not test Spanish, Italian and Portuguese leagues.

Bundesliga_ Stages.png

Ligue 1 Uber Eats_ Team Detailed.png

I'm sure that goals in Premier League are correct, and everywhere else are not, because you're only simulating the Premier with full detail.
Leaving aside the realism of simulated data with QME, I would advise everyone to simulate as many leagues as possible in full detail - it makes long-term saves more realistic and engaging.

2 minutes ago, Davienene said:

not all players are meant to get better sir, just like IRL some stagnate or get worse due to known or unknown reasons

Did i write that anywhere...

If u havnet experienced the issue, Great! sadly I have.. I havent seen in other years a 22-23 year old player in under one week getting drops 1-2 points in severel attributes without being injuried or otherwise overplayed, and it takes forever to bump em back up - if they regain em .. But again, great u havent seen it - I know its been flagged in bug-track and looked into from early november, just wanted to know if it had been fixed, or its just another "working as intended" feature :) 

3 minutes ago, JensenS said:

Did i write that anywhere...

If u havnet experienced the issue, Great! sadly I have.. I havent seen in other years a 22-23 year old player in under one week getting drops 1-2 points in severel attributes without being injuried or otherwise overplayed, and it takes forever to bump em back up - if they regain em .. But again, great u havent seen it - I know its been flagged in bug-track and looked into from early november, just wanted to know if it had been fixed, or its just another "working as intended" feature :) 

I have experienced and i understand what you are saying but Safe to assume player attributes mimic perfomances or ability and  I've seen players being poor suddenly the midst of a season or even a match IRL and go on a downward spiral a bit(onana perfect example of this slight or massive ups and down,maguire,havertz,sterling, too many players to associate this variables with)..maybe game of course doesn't have some of out of game events coded into it to(donno if personality matters that much)play a part but this stuff occuring means we are having the closest we can to real life. but again I understand you want a game that makes you happy and everyone develops as you wish and thats cool, thats fantasy world but it's okay and understandable 

5 hours ago, JordanMilly said:

worked, thanks for thiss

vor 4 Stunden schrieb alian62:

I have read someone took the official FM22 light skin and loaded it up on FM24 and it works fine . Mustermann has a skin in the Skinning section and is releasing a light version soon . There are plenty of skins while mainly dark offer lighter backgrounds to choose from.  

Well, one Person has stated so and i was unable to repeat that.

Mustermann is released "soon" means it is not available yet and it was crashing my PC in FM23 and has a data format for displaying the player attributes in a spaced put manner that increases my workload - it is not my choice to go with.

There are no Dark Skins that offer dark text on light background which is what i need!

So, there is none!

Edited by Etebaer