Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Tempest83 said:

If you do this to the Config file present on the NEWGAN facepack, all will be good for the faces you have already.

Open the config.xml with a text editor and use "search/replace" to change "200" to "r-200".

It worked fine for me.

Ok tried to open my config file, it says I dont have an app to do this?

This may be a tad too complex for me.

Is there an app I can download?

2 minutes ago, Womaz said:

Ok tried to open my config file, it says I dont have an app to do this?

This may be a tad too complex for me.

Is there an app I can download?

Notepad should do

edit: right click theconfig file, open with > notepad,

Edited by waldywaldy

Can anyone confirm if the high number of goalkeeper injuries during games has been resolved? 

Cant see it on the change list. I know it’s “including but not limited to”, but this was a major one so I’m a bit worried about its omission. 

8 minutes ago, waldywaldy said:

Notepad should do

edit: right click theconfig file, open with > notepad,

Appreciate the post......still get the same message when I right click too

35 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

It's certainly unique but we feel it creates the best metric - if we based our xG numbers on real life finishing then it's never going to be as accurate within an FM world as when trained on FM data, even though we obviously always strive to make our finishing as close to real life as possible anyway, there'll always be slight differences.

But it also gives us a lot of added benefits when covering leagues where data coverage isn't the best, for example in lower leagues or in womens football it's very difficult or nigh on impossible to get the level of real-life data our xG models require. But when training using FM data we can play all the matches we like, as many times as we like with all the data that we could possibly ask for.

Some SI statistician is probably in heaven with that amount of data generated. I'm sure it's amusingly frustrating when some small change takes it off the rails.

Thanks for all your team's work. I'm looking forward to booting it up in a couple hours.

1 hour ago, Twostepsaway said:

I don't really know what people are on , literally now you can play gun-ho without getting punished... ! Even making this hotfix on corners imho wasn't the smartest way possible, but i do appreciate it. 

Beside that, this M.E. ASTONISHING, gameplay improved, everything improved. If people complain even about that, you should start to learn how to play this game, it's very simple, everything start from player selection. 

in papis name.jpg

papis name.jpg

Well I never, truly surprised that playing as Man City makes the game easy!

16 minutes ago, Deano565 said:

Can anyone confirm if the high number of goalkeeper injuries during games has been resolved? 

Cant see it on the change list. I know it’s “including but not limited to”, but this was a major one so I’m a bit worried about its omission. 

that was in the last patch

14 minutes ago, Womaz said:

Appreciate the post......still get the same message when I right click too

There goes my immersion for my save. I got Newgan Manager for first time last week and was enjoying it so much. No all the faces are gone because of SIs incompetence. Ridiculous. I can't play on until I know it either can't be fixed or is fixed 

58 dakika önce, Jack Sarahs said:

Hi There

I've just checked this internally for you and it seems fine for us?

Can you try closing the game, clearing your cache and starting it up again to see if this fixes it?

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19454208745745-How-to-remove-my-caches-and-or-preferences-folders-in-Football-Manager-

Thanks

I deleted the game and uploaded again.
Then verified game files and cleared my cache and preference folder
But same. This is Haaland.

EkranResmi2023-11-3021_13_23.png.c16f6b9721c48ae9a567437e74fc7ab8.png

1 minute ago, the_postie said:

Took a while but managed to get my manager face and regen faces back finally, now just have to decide to start a new game or not

Are all the other facepacks still good?Like DF11 etc....cant boot up a game until tommorow

Thanks

4 minuti fa, akinozcan ha scritto:

Not just Haaland.
Just started a new save... and ALL players look like that now.

2 minutes ago, dannyo666 said:

Are all the other facepacks still good?Like DF11 etc....cant boot up a game until tommorow

Thanks

In my save the other face packs are all still ok. It’s just the newgan packs that don’t work 

This is a temporary fix for NewGan breaking on the new update. (I recommend waiting for the official fix as this might cause other issues. Do it at your own risk)

Go to:
C:\Users\(YouUser)\AppData\Local\Programs\NewGAN-Manager\app

Open profile_manager.py in an editor of some sort.
Edit line 80 from 
xml_string.append("<record from=\"{}\" to=\"graphics/pictures/person/{}/portrait\"/>".format(dat[1]+"/"+dat[2], dat[0]))

to 
xml_string.append("<record from=\"{}\" to=\"graphics/pictures/person/r-{}/portrait\"/>".format(dat[1]+"/"+dat[2], dat[0]))

Copy your current config and store it elsewhere incase of issues.
Rerun the NewGan profile on preserve to keep previous data.

**NewGan stopped loading after i changed this.....**

Edited by BamBamBam

5 minutes ago, Batuhan86 said:

on the main screen it shows 24.2 but when i click start game the database shows : 24.0.0.. how can i make sure that i received the major update?

If you're on 24.2 you got the major upgrade. The database doesn't get separate versions until after the winter transfer window.

8 minuti fa, akinozcan ha scritto:

Look at this... THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME.
I mean, I'm quite sure that Lookman is black.

Schermata 2023-11-30 alle 19.26.37.png

1 hour ago, Tempest83 said:

If you do this to the Config file present on the NEWGAN facepack, all will be good for the faces you have already.

Open the config.xml with a text editor and use "search/replace" to change "200" to "r-200".

It worked fine for me.

Is this the same for the FMU Newgen face pack?

what is the search/replace function? 
I can’t find the 200

I think this is me getting out of my depth , do you think the makers of these packs will update the config file at some stage 

if it means a wait then so be it …..I can’t play without these faces now 

Edited by Womaz

40 minutes ago, Womaz said:

what is the search/replace function? 
I can’t find the 200

Open that file inside notepad and then click Ctrl+F then a popup will appear which is find/replace.

Edited by dzek

1 hour ago, Womaz said:

Can confirm all Newgen faces lost.

Why on earth would they do this?

I will try and follow the guidelines above but i cant open my facepack config file

I assume it was part of how they fixed the reusable uniqueID issue that caused newgens to reuse the ID of other players, so some times newgens came in with the image and history of a real player.

External programs like that isn't something I imagine the take into account when fixing issues in the game.

11 minutes ago, dzek said:

Open that file inside notepad and then click Ctrl+F then a popup will appear with which is find/replace.

Thank you so much .

I am hopeless at this type of thing, but with your guidance and a few others on here I have managed to do this and all of the faces are back.

I assume when I get to the end of the season and do a new batch of Newgens that it will just work as normal.

Have I changed my Config file permanently. Trying to understand how it work. Really appreciate your help as my save would been abandoned if I had not sorted this

Played Man Utd and Leeds fixtures since the update....

image.thumb.png.6004052b1589c3e4e2d83a3eba4bf852.png

I don't see me carrying on with this save. As newly promoted Leicester I was predicted to finish 15th but it seems every cross is headed in and keepers can't save a thing.

2 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

You can believe what you like, but I'd suggest that you need a lot more than one or two matches to draw any sort of conclusion over there being a lack of goals in the new engine or not.

You don't have to go back very far to see real-life matches with these exact sort of situations - PSG v Newcastle only a couple of days ago had an xG of 4.54 for PSG, and they needed a very questionable penalty to even score once. If a team never performed under their xG then football would be very boring!

The issue is the frequency in which this happens within the game. Not that it actually happens because as you've pointed out, it happens IRL.

The problem I have is how sporadic the xG per game is. Plus 4 one week and no goals, 0.25 the next with players such B.Silva, Foden and KDB looking pub team players.

On paper the average is correct but in reality its frustrating and unrealistic, especially when managing a big team with elite forwards. 

This year it seems big teams have been nerfed and average teams are able to out play and out score them on a regular basis.

Edited by The About Average Jake

43 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Took me a while to get my 40+ academy kids and staff faces back, but how do you add your manager photo?

Found ID for my user and put in a config for regens I use, created an extra line for picture and the ID for my profile and worked

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

I assume it was part of how they fixed the reusable uniqueID issue that caused newgens to reuse the ID of other players, so some times newgens came in with the image and history of a real player.

External programs like that isn't something I imagine the take into account when fixing issues in the game.

I don't use Newgan - I just manually label the faces and add lines to the config file. I lost 90% of my faces. After hours, have restored all bar the chairperson.

Is there a legitimate reason to remove support of custom manager profile pictures? It was a lovely QoL feature. I mean, it's still doable from outside of the game, which is... Just a harder, legitimate way to do something that was previously featured on FM. Shame.

3 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I don't use Newgan - I just manually label the faces and add lines to the config file. I lost 90% of my faces. After hours, have restored all bar the chairperson.

I don't either, in fact I just use the vanilla newgen faces, but I use the ID to rename my players rather than use the ingame nick names, as I want their last name to change only, and the only way is .lnc files.

And for me, using notepad++ I used "search and replace" 200 to r-200 and it took me a whole minute.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

I don't either, in fact I just use the vanilla newgen faces, but I use the ID to rename my players rather than use the ingame nick names, as I want their last name to change only, and the only way is .edt files.

And for me, using notepad++ I used "search and replace" 200 to r-200 and it took me a whole minute.

I don't know what 'notepad++' means. I'm not a coder, just an old git. Still done it all now. Just hope they don't 'fix' this by undoing all my labour.

Just now, phnompenhandy said:

I don't know what 'notepad++' means. I'm not a coder, just an old git. Still done it all now. Just hope they don't 'fix' this by undoing all my labour.

Notepad++ is a free tool you can download that works as notepad does, just better and with far more functionality.

image.png.c4700560ee3154d988befbc49e9806eb.png

image.png.88bab842fcfbc56778ef07ffb77140e0.png

Just searched for 200 and set it to replace it with r-200 and all is changed when I click "Replace all".

7 minutes ago, XaW said:

Notepad++ is a free tool you can download that works as notepad does, just better and with far more functionality.

Just searched for 200 and set it to replace it with r-200 and all is changed when I click "Replace all".

Oh, that's clever. So you used it to make a new config file to go in a different folder to another facepack? I should do that in my next save.

11 minutes ago, XaW said:

should just make sure there's no 200 inside that numeric sequence. Might be worth adding either regex to say only at the start of a string or search for "CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" [however many spaces that is] 200 and then do "CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" [however many spaces that is] r-200

just to be safe...