Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kevinho7 said:

Haha yeah but that’s the thing tho. I bet we won’t want the update rushed because that could go at the cost of quality. But I bet everyone still wants the update be fully ready rather sooner than later. You know what I mean?
If not rushing means it will be ready later on, all fine. But if not rushing it means it could already be finished very early december, then why not? 🙂

Lol yeah, indeed :) Well, the game did effectively promise to be very high quality before the new engine kicks in. So I would like to think they are trying to make sure they will eventually live up to what they promised to deliver. Otherwise it will only diminish their reputation, which appears from comments to have been waning more recently.

Apparently it came out 1st December last year? An additional week or possibly two would be reasonable for me to ensure everything is as good as it can be with a tidy up with the final transfers.

I think it's v important to finish with a high quality product for this particular FM, especially on the enhanced ME side after all the good work put into it this year.

Otherwise, it will have all gone to waste if they cannot balance the ME well at the end of it all, being the mixture of enjoyment with good difficulty.

8 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

The fact that this is even being debated shows how poor the release was. The game should be fully ready on release day, after a beta period. Having to wait a month for the "headline features" (which really are just bug fixes from the last 5+ years of FM) to possibly be implemented is scandalous. 

Can’t even argue on this one tho. You’re absolutely right.

But I’m also the type of person that can’t go on with negativity for too long. This is just me trying to vent some positive ways of looking at things right now, because we can’t change what already happened 😅🤷🏻‍♂️

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Matej:

Im pretty sure that Man Utd and Chelsea spend in last 3-4  years more then Man city and their results are really bad. Pep and his formation, tactic, man managment is important. But i agree with you that so much money in some clubs are big problem in modern football. 

It may be they spend more as clubs in that specific league although i feel the networkspending is also important and i have no clue suggesting that Man Utd or Chelsea spend as much combined as the City Network does.

City already preoccupies players via the Feeder-Clubs in their Network that Utd or Chelsea will only have a chance to get if they somehow do not make it in the City network...

It is no longer 1 Club vs 1 Club - it is a conglomerate of multiple Clubs vs the rest!

To make matters worse Pep does indeed know what he does and is the master and as well profiteer of "Big Net Moneyball"!

End of season one. I'm 15% below my wage budget. My team has a positive bank balance. I can't renew any contracts because can't offer a reasonable wage. Depending on playing time status I can offer between 50% and 75% of what the game is elsewhere telling me I should be able to offer. External players also want similar wages.

I would be able to afford all renewals if I was actually allowed to offer the 'advised maximum basic wage' that's set out on the wages screen.

The phrase 'game-breaking' is probably overused but reckon this one qualifies.

Edited by Blünderbossu

Just to add to to the rubbish that press conferences are and always have been: Yes, I would swap my Uruguayan second divison striker for Erling Haaland. Stop asking me every time he scores a goal.

y

On 27/11/2023 at 15:24, Dadecane said:

But yeah, someone mentioned about their age, it doesnt mean theyre not worth a good 40m’s.

Point being that they're not gonna be given 3-5 year contracts, so they are more likely to leave on a free. Not that they're worthless.

Why does "Recovery" override Training Schedules still to this day? It is so frustrating making these only to have 4 training sessions disappear upon pressing continue or a fixture being rescheduled because the game forces you to do a recovery and rest session post matches. 

Edited by trviggo

Has anyone tried to add leagues mid game and it just…not working? I tried to add the Brazilian (playable) and Argentinian (view only) second divisions but the dates where they should be added passed and nothing happened. If I go to ‘Remove/Add Leagues’ it’s like I never even added them in the first place.

And before anyone asks, yes, I did confirm the changes.

I guess the amount of goals rly needs to be toned down abit. DUnno what it is, too good finishing or bad GK or someting else...

My last games were high scores, as it continues. Some games, i score 3 or 4 goals withing 25 minutes, yeah thats abit to much aint it...! :onmehead:

goals.png

1 hour ago, Micks112 said:

Every day I'm like, OK today I'll start a new game - it's fine I'll get used to the high scoring games before the patch. And then I see posts like this and I'm like .... actually no. I'll wait.

More than 6 weeks into the game now without this being fixed. It's laughable really at this stage. Also SI never mentioned in the change log that this is something they are actually working on for the upcoming December patch. 

Ok, some might say yeah but it ties into this and that from the change log. True, but couldn't they have written: "Changes to high scoring games" regardless?

SI have confirmed this will be adjusted in the next update

4 hours ago, Mitza said:

Was it ever explained why they removed the rival nations tab from a nation's profile?

I was wondering this and thought it might be the skin I'm using. Weird decision. Also the capital city of the nation has been taken out, not sure if that was this edition or not though

On 28/11/2023 at 15:22, Matej said:

Im pretty sure that Man Utd and Chelsea spend in last 3-4  years more then Man city and their results are really bad. Pep and his formation, tactic, man managment is important. But i agree with you that so much money in some clubs are big problem in modern football. 

Peps sporting director his name escapes me now, hes also spanish, is one of the best talent identifiers in the game. Thats something people dont mention enough about city. Besides the haaland signing, they dont simply outspend anyone or buy the most expensive dudes, they buy guys who fit their system well and years later double their worth. 

I haven’t posted for months maybe years, my posts are also restricted so who knows if the mods will allow this, (to be fair the mods here do their best but my dissatisfaction with the developers and improving the game got me acting negative childish and ultimately restricted.

I was ahead of the curve seeing how neglected the innovation and improvement side of things were , stop now dom your in for another ban, erm anyways I hope for more from fm25.

its a unique situation when u don’t have a competitor pushing you, enjoyed the gravy train for a long time but I genuinely feel that the devs/miles are being found out…shout out to the impartial mods if this get through it’s been a while , #savefootballmanager 

listening to miles on talk sport the other week didn’t fill me with any confidence either, damn it.

Edited by Domathon

On 24/11/2023 at 18:21, stopazricky said:

I'm going to go as far as quoting @Jack Joyce into this conversation. A growing portion of players feels more and more like virtually all the mechanics of the games are placebo. Through the work of Evidence Based Football Manager, this is being put to test in a scientific manner and increasingly proven to be true.

I would love to hear official feedback from SI about it. Not necessarily here, not necessarily now, but I believe they simply can't afford to ignore this - from a moral perspective, not monetary, of course.

If there's ONE thing I wish we'll get with Unity-based FM is precisely this - the game actually behaving the way it's supposed to, and the way it says it does. A glaring example is training penalties, which... should improve penalties. How quickly? How much? At what age? I don't know, but it should do something, something at all.

I know this is late, but I was searching for posts on penalties so I've only just seen this. 

I think, unfortunately, that you are starting from the wrong point.

You are starting from the assumption that the penalty taking attribute has some significant impact on the outcome of a penalty. 

I know that 1 of the many "hints and tips" that appear during processing/saving is that a player with a high penalty taking attribute might be a suitable candidate to take penalties, (or something like that), but my suggestion is that the penalty taking attribute absolutely influences the outcome of a penalty in such a small way as to make it largely meaningless. 

I've been scoring goals, (including penalties) with my GK's for 10+ issues of the game now I think. That's a LOT of penalties scored by players with a rubbish penalty taking attribute. 

Indeed my current 1st choice GK has a penalty taking attribute of 1. It doesn't get any lower than that. He's recently scored a hat-trick of pens in the same game. 

If the penalty taking attribute doesn't significantly influence the outcome of penalties then..... what does? 

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

If the penalty taking attribute doesn't significantly influence the outcome of penalties then..... what does? 

I'm pretty sure saw some test before on this and if I remember correctly the composure, technique and in-game body language were more significant then the Pen attribute. Didn't make sense for me neither at that time, but I now believe more the community test result than what the in-game descriptions are after the countless experiments done to prove how broken some things are (that we thought were working as intended).

2 hours ago, Eoin Maguire said:

Also the problem with a player asking for a new contract after one year into a 5 year deal, and a pay rise... Wage demands are ridiculous at the top level 

A question I have about this... 

The players that leave as a result of this, what type of contracts do they sign? Are they getting the big money they're asking for or not? 

21 minutes ago, marioNOW said:

I'm pretty sure saw some test before on this and if I remember correctly the composure, technique and in-game body language were more significant then the Pen attribute. Didn't make sense for me neither at that time, but I now believe more the community test result than what the in-game descriptions are after the countless experiments done to prove how broken some things are (that we thought were working as intended).

The only data I have seen on this is my own, (in the Experiments & Challenges forum) and it dealt with proving that penalty taking as an attribute was not a significant driver. I know what I think impact s a penalty, but I have not got round to proving that yet.

Never had a proper response from SI but they have changed the it so that in order to set your GK as a free-kick taker you have to control every aspect of free-kicks, (both attacking and defending), rather than just selecting the takers as you could do in previous versions of the game. 

I should just be thankful they didn't include penalty takers in this. 

For the record my GK's have taken exactly 100 penalties in FM24, (so this is perfect timing). 
They have scored 83 of those 100 penalties, meaning that GK's with ridiculously low penalty taking attributes are converting at a rate of 83% across about 10.5 seasons. 

The GK's I have used to take pens have the following penalty taking attributes. 

1. Penalty taking attribute of 2. 21/27 at 78%. 
2. Penalty taking attribute of 2. 9/10 at 90%.
3. Penalty taking attribute of 2. 29/34 at 85%.
4. Penalty taking attribute of 5. 6/7 at 86%.
5. Penalty taking attribute of 2. 2/2 at 100%.
6. Penalty taking attribute of 2. 5/7 at 71%.
7. Penalty taking attribute of 1. 11/13 at 85%. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

On the issue of whether too many goals have been scored:

It is possible that my experience on FM24 has been an outlier, but the promise to make changes to the match engine to lower overall goals scored worries me a little. In my three (and two-thirds) seasons played on FM24 goalscoring has been entirely normal and in line with RL number of goals. Here are the total number of goals across the three seasons I played in the PL:

Season 1: 994 goals (average 2.62 goals per game)

Season 2: 1,041 goals (average 2.74 goals per game)

Season 3: 1,138 goals (average 2.99 goals per game)

Season 3 is a little high (it breaks the RL record for PL goals scored, which is 1,084 from 2022/23). But there is an explanation that has nothing to do with the match engine. Three teams (Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace and Sheffield United) conceded 110, 110 and 98 goals respectively. Take their contribution to high-scoring matches out of the sample, and total goals scored would be normal. All three had weak squads, played 442, and defended abysmally from the opening day to the final day of the season. But that's not an ME issue; that's an AI issue. IRL the managers would have tried to fix the defensive issues in some way (improving the squad, changing the tactics); in the game, they ploughed on for 38 matches without any significant adjustments or any apparent awareness of the fundamental problems in their approach.

Across 200 matches played in FM24, I've still only had five matches with more than six goals (7-1, 4-4, 4-3, and a couple of 5-2 results, one of which was 2-2 after 90 minutes). I see a lot of 0-0, 1-0 and 1-1 scores, both in my own matches and in AI vs AI matches in my league. 

It is entirely possible that there is a problem and that I have been fortunate in not experiencing it. But I'm a little concerned that if ME changes do reduce the overall goals, the league tables I see will start to resemble Serie A league tables from the 1970s and 1980s.

Just had a strange one.

I had a match that went to penalties and I chose my keeper to take my 3rd penalty. The shootout started and, inexplicably, my LW was now in goal trying to save penalties :D he made no saves, plus missed the 5th penalty as I went out 5-4.

It was only the Community Shield so I wasn't too bothered, but still :rolleyes:

53 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Is it possible to tell your keeper to go up for a corner? I can't seem to do it in-game in the set piece editor.

I don't know this 100% but I feel I read it's triggered by mentality, so Attacking, Very Attacking maybe?

2 hours ago, SaintEtienne said:

On the issue of whether too many goals have been scored:

It is possible that my experience on FM24 has been an outlier, but the promise to make changes to the match engine to lower overall goals scored worries me a little. In my three (and two-thirds) seasons played on FM24 goalscoring has been entirely normal and in line with RL number of goals. Here are the total number of goals across the three seasons I played in the PL:

Season 1: 994 goals (average 2.62 goals per game)

Season 2: 1,041 goals (average 2.74 goals per game)

Season 3: 1,138 goals (average 2.99 goals per game)

Season 3 is a little high (it breaks the RL record for PL goals scored, which is 1,084 from 2022/23). But there is an explanation that has nothing to do with the match engine. Three teams (Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace and Sheffield United) conceded 110, 110 and 98 goals respectively. Take their contribution to high-scoring matches out of the sample, and total goals scored would be normal. All three had weak squads, played 442, and defended abysmally from the opening day to the final day of the season. But that's not an ME issue; that's an AI issue. IRL the managers would have tried to fix the defensive issues in some way (improving the squad, changing the tactics); in the game, they ploughed on for 38 matches without any significant adjustments or any apparent awareness of the fundamental problems in their approach.

Across 200 matches played in FM24, I've still only had five matches with more than six goals (7-1, 4-4, 4-3, and a couple of 5-2 results, one of which was 2-2 after 90 minutes). I see a lot of 0-0, 1-0 and 1-1 scores, both in my own matches and in AI vs AI matches in my league. 

It is entirely possible that there is a problem and that I have been fortunate in not experiencing it. But I'm a little concerned that if ME changes do reduce the overall goals, the league tables I see will start to resemble Serie A league tables from the 1970s and 1980s.

Amount of goals and difficulty level are ridiculous. If you try any other league except PL and La Liga you can take Genoa, Strasbourg or Heidenheim and the First season you can win the championship. If not the first sure the second cause PSG and Bayern.For sure you are finish 2nd and easily get into the Champions League and money coming like rain from the beggining. If you go out of top 5 leagues it's just chaotic. You take the worst team and you win the top teams 1-5, 6-2 and every match is over 3,5 goals. Also you take a look at the AI matches and your eyes bleeding. Scores from AI matches, like 6-5, 5-5, 4-5 are almost every week and in real life these teams maybe never experienced a win with than 3 goals or game with over 6 goals (no matter the winner). 

We are not child's to "clap clap" a winning simulator with highscoring super powers. If we want that we can play another manager games out there who mades for childs. Uh and these games are free and not promoted as most completed and blah blah, costing yearly 50 euros. 

7 minutes ago, WelshMourinho said:

Just had a situation in which Porto offered me a job, and Malaga asked for a meeting to try and keep me. Telling the Malaga board that I felt my time had come to an end for whatever reason rescinded the Porto job offer and obviously ensured my resignation from Malaga. 

I think this is a bug, I'm sure it's been mentioned a couple of times on YouTube and Twitch by content creators.

As we wait for yet another update to fix the continuing problems in game, it's quite amazing that these bugs are still part and parcel of this game. Players interaction is still a mess with players falling out with you for the slightest thing and asking for extortionate wage demands. The latest massive bug bear is the amount of shots hitting the woodwork, I've just played a friendly where the ball hit the woodwork 14 times during the game, realistic I think not. Headed goals from corners are just too many, I can sometimes score 2-3 a game, it's really needs toned down, Please get the youth development attributes sorted, you try and develop youngsters only see them either showing zero improvement or even some of their attributes decreasing, what is the point, may as well keep buying players ready for 1st team  instead of developing home grown.

2 hours ago, WelshMourinho said:

Just had a situation in which Porto offered me a job, and Malaga asked for a meeting to try and keep me. Telling the Malaga board that I felt my time had come to an end for whatever reason rescinded the Porto job offer and obviously ensured my resignation from Malaga. 

Same thing happened to me. Very frustrating

6 hours ago, marioNOW said:

That may explain why Kvaratshkelia with 17 penalty taking and great finishing and composure missed more than half of the penalties taken for me. But in that case, what does actually influence penalty taking success rate?

its very dissapointing that after so many years we still cant do a long term save in the MLS due to the AI being unable to handle the squad registration. 

what is the issue?. i know there is alot of complicated rules but how can they stick to the registration rules for leagues in europe (england,italy,spain until this year etc) yet in the mls and probably other nations i dont play in personally,  2/3 years in and AI teams cant manage the squad registration and constantly sign&release their better players. 

is it just not a priority league? is it too much hassle that would cause knock on effects in other parts of the game world? i have never seen any communication on it either way. at least having an understanding of why it has remained this way for so long would be better than nothing at all. 

#JusticefortheMLS.

Edited by dannyrefc

4 hours ago, FM Addick said:

a formation maybe only 10% of real teams use. 

Do they?

Scottish Premiership wise you have 8/12 playing a back 3 (Aberdeen, Dundee, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, St Mirren, St Johnstone) all using a back 3

Celtic, Rangers and Hibs dont.

Ross County just changed their manager but likely to play a back four now but played a back five previously.

Wouldnt be too surprised if thats repeated in a lot of other leagues.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do they?

Scottish Premiership wise you have 8/12 playing a back 3 (Aberdeen, Dundee, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, St Mirren, St Johnstone) all using a back 3

Celtic, Rangers and Hibs dont.

Ross County just changed their manager but likely to play a back four now but played a back five previously.

Wouldnt be too surprised if thats repeated in a lot of other leagues.

He said real teams ;)