Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, rjferguson90 said:

Just read that a reasonably well-known editor has quit due to a disagreement with SI; on top of all the issues already this has killed FM24 for me. I play for the smaller league databases and whatever the disagreement was has upset this person enough to make them not want to support the company.

It's been said multiple times, as recently as on this very page, but SI's leadership and goals with the series have to be called into question at this point. It really is starting to feel like a cash grab ala EA with FIFA, and in the process alienating players who have loved the game for years - and worse, people who have poured their heart and soul into the game to make it so much better.

Just to nip this in the bud, if it's the one I'm thinking of, I'm guessing they left out the part where the "disagreement" was them repeatedly abusing a researcher despite being told to stop and getting banned for it rather than an issue with SI. 

13 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

SI had a public beta running previously. Many people didn't use it and the ones who did used it mostly for early access to updates rather than actually doing any beta testing, completely negating the point of a beta. 

I think you will find, especially with this version, you would get a lot of people using it now. I bought the game early access. Haven’t been able to play it much since release as I feel I have a big advantage over the AI and cannot immerse myself into that world. I normally run nearly every league, from every country, plus add-ons. Everything full detail! Of course people will play the game for early access for that patch but will also spot an issue by playing as they normally would, rather than looking for an issue. I think it’s pretty obvious the public spotted alot more issues than the alpha testers! Because it didn’t work a few years ago, when the game was able to be playable ‘long term’ from beta, it’s different now. Miles is tweeting record number of players are playing now more than previous editions. That’s means different sort of fan base are playing the game. It’s the last FM of its kind. Why not just do it! 

Apart from the exceeded amount of goals problem, IMO this has been indeed the best match engine that we've played. Altough it's unplayabe for now.

Which is kinda funny, it's unplayable but it's one fix away for beeing the best ME of all time :lol:

15 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

SI's glacially slow speed at fixing most bug reports basically negates any point of a beta anyway. 

Never used to be - from what I re-collect the game was updated on release and sometimes even before,during beta stage and then further again after release and the bugs fixed, especially major ones quickly.  Cant re-call when this stopped though or if it was the same for FM23 / 22,.  Maybe its more difficult for SI to update like that now a days for some reason, possibly to do with complexities in the game or match engine as its advanced so much.

Edited by wazza

11 minutes ago, skiante said:

Apart from the exceeded amount of goals problem, IMO this has been indeed the best match engine that we've played. Altough it's unplayabe for now.

Which is kinda funny, it's unplayable but it's one fix away for beeing the best ME of all time :lol:

I mean, it isn’t like there is something that was great to compare it to. The animation alone makes it the best as the prior years made the players look robotic.

1 hour ago, welshdragon said:

I've been an Championship Manager/Football Manager player for 30 years (yes, I'm one of those guys!) since it was released on the Amiga and I've spent HOURS playing the game religiously every year. I'm an obsessive, even used to buy the magazine (google it). The one element of CM/FM that always completely immersed myself into the game is - the realism.

This is the first edition of FM I am unable to play since it's release. The inflated goal count and unrealistically high scoring matches has absolutely killed it for me. My mate and I always play online and it's the first time we are having zero satisfaction from the game due to the goal count and the seemingly easy nature to win.

Now, I'm a simple man and not intelligent enough to understand why this is happening - is it higher conversion rate, is the defending weaker this edition, is gegenpressing overpowered. All I know is that this version has lost it's USP for me - the realism.

I can never overly criticize SI Games due to the amount of hours I've spent playing their product, which is like an addiction to me - but this is the first time it's been mid November and I'm not able to play the latest FM version - plus it's an international break, which compounds the frustration!

Next step  - has to be COMMUNICATION. Yes, we've seen an improvement on this front with a list of changes that will form the next patch, but a release date of 'Coming soon' is too vague.

Life is about planning and people have busy lives and we all know how we can lose hours playing FM and so people need to book this time off (wives, kids can dictate this).

So I don't think it's too much to provide a best endeavors/aspirational date for the next release. If this date is not hit, there will be an understanding that this was caveated by stating that this is the earliest we should expect a patch. If this date is not met, a follow up date should be provided. This would allow the FM die hards to plan accordingly and the transparency would only enhance relations.

I work as a Programme Manager for a sports data company (yes, I know how arrogant/unlikable I'm probably coming across!), but I do understand the challenges of releasing/delivering incrementally. I believe that SI Games work in Sprints, which should allow them to gauge when they HOPE to release.

All I'm asking for is more transparency on what is happening in the background, thus allowing the FM obsessives to plan their lives accordingly (and yes, I know how extreme that sounds) - but it's winter now in the UK and we are ready for our FM hibernation season:)

41 minutes ago, skiante said:

There is never a one fix in FM. There is a fix and multiple new bugs in exchange. 

The Ai squad building is actually worse this year. I'm seeing a lot of bizarre transfer decisions. Arsenal signing 2 veteran keepers in one summer & Thiago Silva. Liverpool selling their only defensive mid & their top scorer Darwin Nunez without bothering to replace them. Average 25yr old Norwegians joining top clubs never to get a game. Constant loan signings that never get a run out. Most premier league sides seem to have a preferred starting 11 that they never change unless there are injuries.

5 hours ago, jayedson said:

Ah, great. I've been getting around most things but finally something which is a bit of a showstopper for my save.

Won the swedish league in my fourth season so qualified for champions league playoff.

First leg fixture finally gets confirmed for 10th August but I can't register anyone for the competition until the 12th and there was no option for me to do it prior.

Great, and I imagine the same will happen in future years.

Anyone else hit the same issue? The swedish league runs April - November so there's always a weird 7 month lag before starting the european campaign you qualified for, might be a factor.

EDIT: Just checked and is a known issue. 

So I confess this isn't strictly feedback and I'm sure nobody even remotely cares but I feel compelled to briefly share my progress following the discovery of this Champions League Play-Off squad registration bug...

Firstly my U19s and greyed out goalkeeper managed to go to FC Copenhagen and keep the score to a respectable 2-0 loss, bravo to them.

With me then being able to register my first team players, I was hopeful we could get a result at home to turn it around.

We did manage to take it to extra time after finding the two goals we needed but neither side could find a winner so it came down to an epic penalty shootout in front of our own fans.

Good penalties all round, no-one missing any of the first ten penalties so it goes to sudden death and it's at this point my back-up left back decides to try a panenka which goes straight into their keeper's hands.

I was all set to just transfer-list him and be done with it but our keeper saved their next effort so we had a reprieve.

More well-placed penalties followed until my 9th taker hit a tame effort straight at the keeper. Relief once more though as their next taker hits the post.

Finally it comes down to the keepers....our keeper smashes his effort into the top corner and their keeper steps up and slams his effort against the bar.

Pandemonium ensues. In your face registration bug!! Champions League here we come!! :lol:

There is no way back for players who move to Saudi Arabia.

28 year old Rico Henry in my save is listed by Al-Hilal for 12mil. Currently on £850k pw with 3 years left on his deal. They signed him on a 4 year deal in 2024. The contract seems long, not sure what Saudi teams are doing IRL. No club subsidised wage for any buying club. It all seems broken, 

Unfortunately he's looking for a weekly wage between £1m - £1.1m........seriously it seems there is no mechanism in the game to reintegrate these players into wage structure of the "other" leagues. 

Edited by janrzm

i know promises are broken but dam.

Star player demands more playtime - Actual playtime = star player. As i play him anyways as star player i make him promise that he will get his playtime.

first game - 90mins. get injured then. Misses 3 games as injured and then takes part 3 games in row whole 90mins. = Promise broken i expected more games. Theres not even option to say u sht were injured. and even right now his actualy playtime is star player. nice.

33 minutes ago, qwerty22 said:

Absolutely embarrassing that they still exist while so many bloat features have been prioritized in development

It's almost like certain features are a lot easier and quicker to develop than rebalancing AI interactions in a complex system.  Whodathunkit?

Have they been an issue for ages? Absolutely.  It's part of the biggest problem the series has had for the past few years. But that doesn't make them any easier to fix.  In fact, it makes it quite the opposite.  

Playing POAK in the Conference League.

Their squad.....the AI is totally incapable of building any kind of sensible squad. It's incapable of meeting competition registration rules as a result. At this point I'd say there is almost no AI under the hood. It undervalues every achievement in the game because your opponents are totally hamstrung by a lack of AI.

POAK 1.png

POAK 2.png

7 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

The thing is, we have those on here that have made very eloquent and valid points, but.... ultimately Miles and all the senior management will do is look at the numbers and they blow away anything previous in terms of game time by those who have the game. 

This isn't actually true, they take in a range of views. But here's the thing - everyone has an opinion and those opinions differ, on here and across the board. And they will have their opinions too. People need to be accepting of that even if they disagree. I think thats the one thing this forum probably isnt good at, understanding that everyone has different views, expectations and experiences. And some of that might be contrary to someone else's. Doesn't need to be constantly argued or debated. This isnt a forum where whoever shouts loudest to SI gets heard. Despite what some users (and streamers ( think, thats not really how they work. 

11 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

The frustration for me is that the integrity of the game world felt in pretty good shape back in the FM17 / FM18 era. Long-term saves felt far more viable as the AI could maintain and manage their squads far more effectively (not perfectly I admit).

I remember having a 10 year battle with Mourinho's Man Utd well in to the future. We were always completing for the same players and were very evenly matched.

That kind of rivalry with the AI is just flat out gone.

When a key component of the game objectively worsens, you have to question whether the developer is even in control of the product anymore. If adding peripheral bloat breaks existing fundamentals, then stop adding peripheral bloat.

I agree and I'm sure that's not lost on them. If you have no opposition, you have no game in my eyes.

But, and I keep saying this, there are loads of people that don't look beyond their team, their achievements and if they are winning, it's a great game. 

10 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

I think this of SI’s own making. With the lack of information in regards to known bugs, game mechanics and patch release dates, users on these forums then resort to theories. There are HARDCORE players who can afford to spend 100s of hours into the game debating with a CASUAL player who probably spends few hours a month due to other commitments. They will of course see 2 different different things. A known bugs list is really needed! I see alot of players spending hours of their time testing the game, just to prove to other users of their findings. For me, they should be enjoying the game, with peace of mind that their issues are being looked at. I don’t venture into the bugs forum too much, because once I know there’s a issue, it ruins the immersion for me and then cannot unsee it.

This is nothing to do with SI, because I'm talking about experiences, which are subjective. 

The fact that people think they need to prove their point to others is exactly what im talking about. Its a waste of their time. Other users arent the ones who will look at it and decide if its a bug, or an area of the game that needs improving - SI are

People need to stop being obsessed with winning arguments with others and simply leave their view and be done with it. 

I'm eager, like many here on the forum, for an update that actually makes the game playable. Yes, it's the best ME of all time but mainly the interactions bug is making FM2024 unplayable.

Team meetings happen without any logic, players keep complaining about unrealistic situations within the game: They ask to be a starter when they already are, they ask for quality reinforcements in positions that have varied options, they complain for days on end about the team's situation when the meeting had already been held and had a result (which disappears on the next date).

Loans are happening in a way that irritates those who are playing, I believe that the transfer AI has been improved, but this situation is ruining the fun of the game. At the same time, I'm enjoying having several proposals from players, the market has become more optimized, however, there has to be a balance between players who add to the machine's teams and according to their values. We noticed that teams make strange signings and sell their best players without bringing players of the same level. I don't agree with some people here, who say that the game is easy, the reputation of the coach, the chosen team and the database created helps to make the game more complex. But, if you train according to tactics, with good staff and correct attributes in correct positions, there's no problem winning games, that's football. I'm really enjoying the teams dominating playing at home and when they play away from home it's more difficult, just as I'm loving the processing of the game, this FM is the fastest in history and ME the best, varied plays, participatory defenses with positioning apparent and the attack with the gunners being gunners. A lot of people complain about the goals in an absurd amount, I'm not getting that here... what I notice is a lot of penalties converted, a lot of balls hitting the post (although as I play in highlights, I don't see the big game and so the highlight is a ball hitting the post ), but I've seen reports and I've seen games where we had more than 3 balls hit the post, totally unrealistic!

The licensing in Japan is a huge disappointment for me, I always wanted to play in that league, and I used alternative updates that didn't satisfy me, now with the licensed game not having more than 150 players it's totally ridiculous, amounting to false advertising, because Japan simply doesn't exist in the game.I hope Sigames pays attention to the forum reports here, I see a lot of important information and crashes that can be avoided in future patches. I believe that many users here are casual, but the reports must be analyzed and tested before the patch... I am confident that this FM will be perfect. But at the moment I'm dissatisfied because I don't consider the game playable.

1 minute ago, greenz81 said:

Experiences with a game that is not in the state that was promised. Experiences with a game which mechanics are not working as they are supposed to. It has a lot to do with SI. 
If the game was released as promised, what would people even be debating about? 

The same thing they always do, their subjective experiences of the game. Like AI conversion myths. 

I don't know if anyone has raised this bug but WCB(A and S) doesn't overlaps or underlaps like at all, i mean he advances early and is in a good position to provide a good deep cross but nowhere in position for byline cross because he doesn't overlap the wingback or underlaps just stays there.

Logically the wingback has the ball the WCB(A) either attacks the halfspace so in this case he underlaps or goes outside and overlaps he does neither of these and this is something from FM 23 too so basically WCB(A) its just a CB who is much more advanced but does not overlaps or underlaps at all.

4 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Have you read peoples experiences on these forums? At present you have people saying it’s full of issues and pointing them out with screenshots and soak tests. Then you got the other side, who wouldn’t want you to have a bad word to say about SI and totally deny there is anything wrong with the game, even though said issues have been identified and are being fixed. These are the main arguments on these forums.

Funny thing, you can see who these people are, as it looks like they like to antagonise the users who have the issues, but no mods intervene to point out, “actually it is an issue that’s being worked on”

We've just gone back to the same point that's ultimately down to SI to sift through whats relevant, not users arguing with each other so ill leave it at that 

8 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

We hear this all the time but the actions of SI (the game and the features that get added because SI don't do words) would suggest they're in their own bubble well away from the community. 

It's probably just a dissonance thing and the game is perfectly fine for the 99.9% hence why SI feel no need to talk to the .1% that want to know what's going on,  I'd think a lot of people that aren't enjoying this edition of the game are canaries in the coalmine for how a lot more people will be feeling if things don't change pretty soon. 

The features that get added are overwhelmingly from the features request thread over the years  

5 minutes ago, janrzm said:

As I see it there a currently 3 priority issues with the current release and to me I'd prioritise them as follows. 

1. AI Squad Building. It's fundamental to the game, if the AI can't manage it's squad everything falls apart. It can't meet competition rules, it can't keep players happy, it can't rest and rotate players it can't develop and improve players......and if it can't do those things then it can't compete. If it can't compete all your achievements are undermined.

2. Interactions. SI introduced 2000 new interactions, Put simply it should have given us the ability to respond to player interactions in a logical manner with dialog that was previously missing. Instead it's introduced chaos, with players requesting additions to the squads that aren't required, a situation made worse by being unable to satisfy those demands. Chaotic interactions still exist, like transfer listed players demanding new contracts, both with the potential to tank team morale. I'm sure there are many other examples.

3. ME. It's the best looking ME ever, some of the attacking movement is a thing of beauty, the animation selection as taken a leap forward. However, defensively it's off the pace, there are too many goals, I didn't see it initially but now it can't be ignored. There are obviously changes to be made here but I do accept the conventional wisdom that caution is the watchword with the ME. I've seen in the past how a change to the ME can correct one thing and make others worse. So, I think we probably need to be more patient with this.

Outside of those I do feel there's way more QA issues than I'd like to see in any new game, if an issue causes you to lose functionality of a league for instance that's a pretty serious issue to my mind. I just have no idea how these things find their way into the game along with historical issues I think they really do tend to rub people up the wrong way. Understandable to my mind.

I genuinely think this will be the best and most complete version of the game, unfortunately it will once again be in April.

They'll stop development in December/January so they can focus on FM25. so the sooner this major fix is out the more time there is to fix any resulting issues.

Edited by StephenG

On 15/11/2023 at 14:25, RandomGuy. said:

They have no effect.

You give your team talk, your squad is "fired up", then you enter the match and every player is "neutral".

Same at half time.

I've played some games and can't see any issue, when I make the team talk I see the players' reaction and don't see it disappears.

Does it happen to everyone? As I haven't read any more posts here regarding this bug.

1 minute ago, gggfunk said:

I've played some games and can't see any issue, when I make the team talk I see the players' reaction and don't see it disappears.

Does it happen to everyone? As I haven't read any more posts here regarding this bug.

It happens when the players go back onto the pitch. All neutral again. I started 12 different saves from 5 different leagues. All the same. If you see different, post a screenshot for us to see please 

3 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

It happens when the players go back onto the pitch. All neutral again. I started 12 different saves from 5 different leagues. All the same. If you see different, post a screenshot for us to see please 

Have they confirmed if this is just a UI bug, or it's their actual body language and they forget the team talk? 

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Have they confirmed if this is just a UI bug, or it's their actual body language and they forget the team talk? 

I wouldn’t know unless I go into the bugs forum and look for a post someone has made about it. Again, if there was a known bugs list pinned somewhere, we wouldn’t have to do that. 

6 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Oh I didn't look there. I don't have the game open right now to check but I guess you're right and it happens to me as well.

It seems like a game breaking bug then :( I guess I'll wait for the next update before starting my save, hopefully it will be fixed.

11 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

this worked in FM23, yet still not fixed in FM24.

1 minute ago, gggfunk said:

Oh I didn't look there. I don't have the game open right now to check but I guess you're right and it happens to me as well.

It seems like a game breaking bug then :( I guess I'll wait for the next update before starting my save, hopefully it will be fixed.

As a workaround, I was talking to the players mid game. Not too much, or they get information overload! That’s why initially thought i was spanking teams… until I realised they wasn’t using subs properly, but that’s another issue they dealing with 

5 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

So some people/users. You didn't need to add in brackets "and streamers".

The context was also about people staying streamers having SI ear and being able to divert things their way etc Pointing out streamers in that way is relevant, in that whether youre Joe or Jane bloggs or X streamer with 100,000 followers - all that matters is the quality of your feedback

Yes, it is somewhat too easy. Yes, there are too many goals per game.

But I'm afraid that it won't become the other way around, that game won't be balanced -that after updade it woould become too difficult, that the attackers will stop scoring goals, which was once the case. Than it's just unplayable and creates a feeling of frustration.

I also think that gegenpress should remain as an ideal option, if it is going to be touched now, I am afraid that the balance with the tactical approach will not be completely disturbed.

I think gegenpres is needed, because it's not quite as perfect as the Diablo tactics of 20 years ago, but it's still good enough to give the player certainty. Not everyone has the time to spend hours before each game choosing the ideal tactic.

You need something the player can count on, an option that the player knows they can have good enough results with if they do everything else right. Someting not perfect but good enough.

Basically, it seems to me that the difficulty, the number of goals, the distribution of goals according to positions should be like in FM 22 and FM 23. And that the real hardnesst should come with smart transfers of AI and good squad building.

In short, if the number of goals is reduced as it is on FM 23, and at the same time SI boost the AI squad building - it can be a great game.

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

This isn't actually true, they take in a range of views. But here's the thing - everyone has an opinion and those opinions differ, on here and across the board. And they will have their opinions too. People need to be accepting of that even if they disagree. I think thats the one thing this forum probably isnt good at, understanding that everyone has different views, expectations and experiences. And some of that might be contrary to someone else's. Doesn't need to be constantly argued or debated. This isnt a forum where whoever shouts loudest to SI gets heard. Despite what some users (and streamers ( think, thats not really how they work. 

I'm not saying they only care about the numbers. I am saying that human nature dictates that even if you've read every single negative on here, the numbers show that people are playing and obviously enjoying the game and those people are just as relevant as those who say it is unplayable.