Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

4 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Pretty much every negative review is either there's nothing new but the gameplay is the same old great fun loop as it always been I'm just giving a negative review as he games a cash grab these days because... 

Of the J-League fiasco, player interactions and or keeper injuries.

Or mentions all of the above.

The only person to mention too many goals I saw had played for 350 hours!

So they can't be hating it that much.

My favourite though has to be the guy with 250 hours who just wrote "unplayable"!

I take hours played with a grain of salt. For me, the game is always running on my capable laptop, even when I'm not playing.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, TokyoWanderer said:

No. You are the only one who refuses to accept that the match engine is the same, even though you were told BY THE GUY IN THE MATCH ENGINE DEVELOPMENT TEAM that the match engine is the same.

You seriously need to stop looking for ghosts and like read a little about randomness and variance. 

Sorry for being harsh. It's a shame that you are wasting time in such a ridiculous quest.

Can you show me any goals like the examples from the early access since release?

• SI Staff
24 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Bit of a weird one... should this be showing in preferences?

image.png.582e13b2fb855158b57147e0f0fb8842.png

It should not be - it's a debug-only preference used for internal builds and should be reported as a bug. It's used to test experimental changes that aren't quite ready for test by the wider studio - but only works in specific branches of development code where those changes are being made.

I'd recommend not using it, since it could cause instability issues. However the (if available) part is key, I'm pretty sure it won't have any effect at all.

Just now, Jack Joyce said:

It should not be - it's a debug-only preference used for internal builds and should be reported as a bug. It's used to test experimental changes that aren't quite ready for test by the wider studio - but only works in specific branches of development code where those changes are being made.

I'd recommend not using it, since it could cause instability issues. However the (if available) part is key, I'm pretty sure it won't have any effect at all.

Thanks. No problem, I'll raise it as a bug. It happened when I clicked the ''graphics level'' and changed it. This menu then appeared.

3 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

The through balls I am seeing in England level 10 make me feel like I'm playing with Barca. 

2 hours ago, kiingallen said:

That’s a sad confirmation of what I’m experiencing. 
don’t get me wrong though, I would expect to see some quality play at times, but the frequency should be much much lower. 
as nice as it is to see my team play crazy one-teach no-look passes, it’s not reflective of their attributes which breaks immersion immediately. 

I seem to be experiencing the opposite since full release. My team is capable of playing those type of passing but I'm not seeing any of it now

Hello.

My first post here. I am forum shy! :onmehead:

Been playing CM/FM since CM 01/02, big fan of series! Now we need to discuss FM24. To this day, most unrealistic CM/FM ever. Without a doubt if you ask me. Why? For simple reason of crazy amount of goals scored, freekicks, corners, throw ins, whatever. For that reason game is boring, repetitive and kind of set piece simulator more than football manager game. I will attach few SS of some of my crazy results in past month or so. Question is, should I report this as bug???

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss6.jpg

Edited by FranckG

3 minutes ago, FranckG said:

Hello.

My first post here. I am forum shy! :onmehead:

Been playing CM/FM since CM 01/02, big fan of series! Now we need to discuss FM23. To this day, most unrealistic CM/FM ever. Without a doubt if you ask me. Why? For simple reason of crazy amount of goals scored, freekicks, corners, throw ins, whatever. For that reason game is boring, repetitive and kind of set piece simulator more than football manager game. I will attach few SS of some of my crazy results in past month or so. Question is, should I report this as bug???

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss6.jpg

Please please create a bug thread here: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/match-engine-and-set-piece-creator/match-stats-data-hub/ and upload the .pkm of the matches (just go back on to the match and click save match)

Edited by Domoboy23

Anyone having issues with the newgen faces and backgrounds since updating today?

I'm getting these odd black backgrounds and faces...

image.png.cff326c72b07c861e490f1d7e0e39973.png

image.thumb.png.ef383a9c5c80c6182b88e47495d5e52e.png

image.thumb.png.1b70966e5ef904c6d14d1658bd758785.png

EDIT: Uninstalled the game, and reinstalled, and all seems fine now (Mac OS Sonoma)

Edited by stevemc

The same issue with FM23 is back. Defenders positioning just don't make sense. Defenders not marking, not tackling even running away from opposing ball carrier. Players would dribble forward and then just suddenly stop for no reason and lose the ball, Creative playmakers with high passing and vision would not and could not thread a through pass to save their lives. It's really frustrating

Where can I find a list of the competitions that include match day presentation packages for FM24 (not just licenses), that are complete with like the scoreboard, adboards etc? For example, like Germany Bundesliga and Champions League.

5 hours ago, andu1 said:

Finishing is too good in this ME. It's not a question of too many shots , but the quality of the shots that is too good

Ironically the complaint last year was that finishing wasnt good enough. But id agree its probably slightly too good, but also there's argument for more defensive tweaks. Adapting both could bring it down too far, or make the game sterile. I expect any tweaking to be done in cautious steps. 

9 minutes ago, Bahoi said:

I cannot but second that. Posted it in feedback thread for Beta at first pages. Chaos factor is gone. Pass % rates is up to the sky. Someone from the staff rebutted me ("It's how the game counts wrong passes as Interceptions") as in last year it counted in such a vastly different way that nobody in the league passes with under 82% success rate anymore. Hard to believe. It's more than how the game counts. It's how the ME plays out. 

Chaos factor is a goner. Positional Play is the word. I was gutted but somehow got used to it. 

Those who said that teams in very low leagues play like Barca - you are on to something. 

Yes, and I want to be clear when I’m comparing to Barca or any top clubs in the world, it’s not the flair but the pin point accuracy and elite first touch.

24 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Ironically the complaint last year was that finishing wasnt good enough. But id agree its probably slightly too good, but also there's argument for more defensive tweaks. Adapting both could bring it down too far, or make the game sterile. I expect any tweaking to be done in cautious steps. 

Yeah. I booted FM23 and the finishing is certainly worse. I see more misses from good angles and a less amount of long shots goals. 

However in FM24 the matches look more realistic in 3d so its tough to go back

By the way, i changed Guardiolas pref formation to 4-2-3-1 in the editor, i ran a one season test and City scored 120 goals lol. I never seen AI reach so high numbers in any FM. It would be nice if freak seasons like this will pe also possible in the next ME update

4 minutes ago, andu1 said:

By the way, i changed Guardiolas pref formation to 4-2-3-1 in the editor, i ran a one season test and City scored 120 goals lol. I never seen AI reach so high numbers in any FM. It would be nice if freak seasons like this will pe also possible in the next ME update

I simulated a few different tactics with newcastle and it seems 4231 is the meta this year, especially 4231 asymmetric with the AM to one flank and lone striker to the other. The defenders tend to double mark the striker leaving the AM in a ton of space to score a lot of goals.

5 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

The through balls I am seeing in England level 10 make me feel like I'm playing with Barca. 

Which is funny, because the through balls (and passes generally) I'm seeing in the Champions League make me feel like I'm playing in England level 10.  The most effective defensive actions seem to be waiting for either a ridiculous heavy touch or an underhit pass.  Pressing is like watching an under-sevens game, with all the children rushing around after the ball or picking daisies.

After the update, focus on individual training is still not fixed (reported at bug tracker).

There still seems to be a few hockey results (3-3, 4-3) a lot more that it happens irl, at least for the portuguese league. Also, lots of half chances and clear cut chances. Would this lead to the those kind of results?

2 hours ago, Evgeni Angelov said:

They really need to fix regens assuming UIDs of pre-existing players in the database. I've abandoned my season-long save - which I had the intention of keeping up for a while - because I just can't trust that this isn't going to completely screw the database. Pretty shocking oversight.

Is this on a new FM24 save you started or on an imported FM23 save? Cause that is a major issue for long term saves

Edited by Slates84

9 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

A feature that has been stupid in the last couple of years is the Board approaching you when you're doing well with the idea of increasing the wage budget for sports scientists or some other small job. You've just won the league, lets pump that money into the physio's wages!

Yep. something else that totally lacks context. 

I am probably in the minority, but getting players on trials should be more challenging when managing a low-rep team. There is no way I should get a starting 11 from trials. I should be getting rejected by players that are way too good. Players offering their services should be easier to get on trial versus some random guy I found through scouting.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Mars_Blackmon:

+1

I wish the defensive side of the ball got as much love as the offensive. Every time we hear anything about the ME, it is always in possession. 

Yeah, from watching the Bundesliga this season. The majority of teams i would say are actually better out of possesion than they are in possession.

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

+1

I wish the defensive side of the ball got as much love as the offensive. Every time we hear anything about the ME, it is always in possession. 

Because scoring will always make more people happy than it offends. I am always the same, when I see a goal in my match or like I did the other day on a particular youtubers tactic video, I'm looking at what the defence is doing. And more often than not it's less than ideal......

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen examples of the 2000 new AI responses? I thought the conversations would be fleshed out more. Make it easier to justify your decisions.

It would be nice if they have a percentage of positive reaction with each response. 

Even players being outright angry with you should be a rare occurance also, unless it was something major. I doubt 90% of footballers would react in such a way with their manager, considering that’s the boss they are reacting to. 

Every disagreement with the player should be able to come to some form of outcome or agreement for both player and manager, not just an angry player with negative moral.

Edited by greenz81

I have just been promoted to Level 8 with a team that has Level 10 talent. Currently, we are in a takeover situation, which means the board has not allowed any new transfers. As a result, we have had a rough start so far. However, there is an issue of integrity that needs to be addressed. Despite conceding many goals, the fans and the board are happy with my tactics as we are scoring plenty of goals and showing great passing. I believe this is mainly due to the high-scoring games and high passing accuracy not necessarily the genius of my tactics.

7 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Kits are not visible.

There's a fix for that . Easy as 

You will need the Resourse Archiver 

You need to extract the graphics file from    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\game . Save it to your desktop or wherever . After you have extracted it click on it and then click on pictures and you will see a file called restricted . Just remove it ( best to save it wherever ) . Then go back into resource archiver and click create archiver and return the extraced file back into FM24 to the game file you extracted it from . 

Reload editor and you will see your kits 

Edited by alian62

13 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

The current live ME is the exact same ME as from the early access.

I think this game suffers from how vast it is. How many different configurations It can be played under and how many different systems it can be played on. Then you add in the user's management styles and different levels of understanding and people convince themselves that things are wrong and in some cases they are but I bet in many it's mostly user issues.

I'm excited about Sigames seeing the comments here on the forum, we have everything to make the game perfect! I understand that many people talk about goals, I believe that the data should in fact be left in line with real life but we cannot forget that we have had FMs where no goals are scored and that takes the fun out of the game... There has to be a balance .

I hope Japan gets enough attention in this next patch.

- In corner kicks, the players' body movement could be more varied (I just saw a move in which the player seems to pedal while running to take the corner), he could raise his arm, to the side of the ball, be more agile or simply take the corner.

- I would like to see more free kick goals from takers with attributes above 16-17

- I find it incredible how the game has varied shots, but I believe that goalkeepers must pay attention, they punch the ball and are sideways in shots coming from in front, this is very unrealistic

- Teams practically do not substitute (the vast majority of times this is after 70 minutes of play, and teams often have tired or injured players).

Regarding AI:

- I hope for better management in hiring correct tactical pieces, SI must urgently fix this, the coaches must have standard tactics like in reality, they must invest in this and be reproduced within the game

- Newgens cannot have photos of real players, this bug needs to be fixed as soon as possible

- I ask that the editor be corrected urgently, I use it a lot to edit files and the delay to start is terrible

- I would like to see more media present, the more than 2 thousand responses in the press should be more present in decisive games for the championship

Furthermore, I'm still waiting for the patch this week, and I ask you to take it easy because this game is very good in processing, in ME and especially set pieces and player movement, the patches have to be punctual with changes in the ME.