Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

We can confirm that the only change that made it into today's update in regards to the ME is a change to the GK injury rates. Perfecting the ME is a non stop process and we are continuing to listen to feedback and monitor issues that are raised. 

Please stay tuned for further update information coming soon. 

Thanks for clarifying. The post on Friday and how it was worded gave me hope some GK improvements might answer some of the high conversion rates. I'm still personally finding the game unplayable currently due to the amount of goals (there's no possible way to play defensive football), but at least I know and don't need to run tests now to see if changes have been made. My personal recommendation would be to continue down the route of pushing out updates when they are ready, and not as big batches and waiting for all console/platforms to be ready at the same time, especially for immersion stuff like the above. Disappointing, but thanks for clarifying! 

Edited by Domoboy23

I'm guessing the subs issue wasn't resolved today? That's the only thing that really irks me because my Youth Managers do the same thing and half the youth team doesn't get any playing time at all. It's quite fiddly to set their teams up every match. That and, as stated before, AI teams rarely make any subs.

14 minutes ago, wazza said:

So I'm guessing the high scoring games bug, subs bug and team talk bug fixes comes in the next update under match engine fixes

Yep. Don't get me wrong, I understand they're wanting to move away from quick fixes to ME's due to the knock on effects and only releasing when they're sure internally it's fine. But internally they were happy with the initial ME with the team talk bug, subs, high scoring games etc. In the past when they did used to do ME changes more happily and publish them, they got a lot of feedback (both positive and negative) in regards to any other potential issues so they knew about them sooner and could fix them again due to the sheer amount of players being able to test and raise reports. 

The quicker and therefore longer we get with our hands on ME changes, to help them, the better. Hopefully with changes to the finishing in the ME, it will help people who want to move away from gegenpressing and be able to play defensive football with at least some degree of success.

The last thing I will also say is whilst I can excuse bugs, the ones listed above (especially team talk) are hard to justify having 4 weeks after a beta release and 2 weeks after a full release. So I'd be hoping these come very quicky as seen as we are over week 3 since Beta and on the end of week 1 for the full.

Edited by Domoboy23

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

After final internal checks, we are happy to say that all issues in the bug fixing section are save-game compatible, meaning the fixes will be applied to your existing save games, allowing you to continue your career.

We have now amended the update blog to reflect this.

Great to hear!

Why the fake player ID BUG and the youth team not using replacement player BUG, the beta has not been fixed until now, such a serious issue should not be dealt with first?

I can't continue playing without fixing these bugs. Is there an estimated time to update these issues?

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

After final internal checks, we are happy to say that all issues in the bug fixing section are save-game compatible, meaning the fixes will be applied to your existing save games, allowing you to continue your career.

We have now amended the update blog to reflect this.

Great news - thank you.

1 hour ago, SynergyIso7 said:

Is scouting too easy? Too many grade A players in my inbox and reasonably priced. Are my scouts really that good?

Your scouts are grading them compared to the players you already have rather than on a global scale, and they may make mistakes (ie telling you someone has the potential to be the next Messi but in fact turns out to be more Josh McEachran!), especially if the scout's attributes are low. So if you're playing as a smaller club the players they find may improve your squad, but may not be any good once you get promoted etc.

2 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

The current live ME is the exact same ME as from the early access.

Then something else is up. Here's a quick video I made, I only have the 1 example from Full Release since it's the only goal I've got where you can see the lack of a pass being made, aware it is therefore entriely possible for the player in this postion to dribble himself, but this is happening in every game now. Followed by clips of passes being made where they just aren't being made now (aware clip 2 is a bit further out, but I've also yet to see that type of touch since full release). So if the ME is the same, then what could possibly be causing the passes from the Early Access to stop happening in the full release?

If anyone has goals like the video since the update I would love to see them. I cannot get passes into my strikers like I was getting before.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb alian62:

A plethora of lighter skins to choose from in the Skinning section and with backgrounds too . 

There is only Light Skins for older FM games - none for FM24.

I need one with a white background bcs how Text-Heavy FM is.

And a Background under that Text only makes it harder for me...

Still no fix for the Argentinian league. Nor even a mention of it being fixed in the future. What the hell? Why? This should be top priority. Where is someone at SI to acknowledge this and, more importantly, confirm it will be part of the next update?

Edited by dpt8544

1 minute ago, dpt8544 said:

Still no fix for the Argentinian league. Nor even a mention of it being fixed in the future. What the hell? Why? This should be top priority. Where is someone at SI to acknowledge this and, more importantly, confirm it will be part of the next update?

If it's a database related one then it probably be in the other update this week reading their post

5 hours ago, greenz81 said:

Have you read Miles post? They have admitted the game came out with issues. No point in trying to say it may not have. Everyone plays the game differently. Some people just love the buzz of being undefeated and smashing teams! They wouldnt complain about it being too easy if they are enjoying it. Others notice the issues because they go 'deep' into FM, me being one of them as Ive played the games since 1995. Hopefully by Christmas its fully patched up and then we can all play long-term saves without issue!!

Christmas ?!?
:stop::idiot: :herman:

2 minutes ago, Peter G said:

If it's a database related one then it probably be in the other update this week reading their post

I hope so mate. However, I have absolutely no faith in this being the case for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I've always understood 'data updates' to mean things like updating players, kits etc. Competitions are a separate thing. Besides, it is not a database problem, but the actual functioning of the competition. Also, it is a big enough problem to warrant its own mention - but the fact it didn't means they clearly aren't looking to solve it. Also, contrary to what you said, I'm not under the impression that the next update is coming out this week. At least that's not how I read the post. Which means it will be even longer.

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

Thanks for clarifying. The post on Friday and how it was worded gave me hope some GK improvements might answer some of the high conversion rates. I'm still personally finding the game unplayable currently due to the amount of goals (there's no possible way to play defensive football), but at least I know and don't need to run tests now to see if changes have been made. My personal recommendation would be to continue down the route of pushing out updates when they are ready, and not as big batches and waiting for all console/platforms to be ready at the same time, especially for immersion stuff like the above. Disappointing, but thanks for clarifying! 

I guess you found the Chelsea v Man City game last night pretty much unwatchable then 😂

I'd love to see how you worked out the 15% conversion rates because in my current save J3 League the top two teams have conversion rates of 6.5% and 6.7%.

The top 3 teams however have scored over 100 goals (101, 103 and 107).

I'm one of those teams and honestly we should have scored about 70 more goals the amount of times we miss sitters and hit the post.

The teams in relegation have barely managed 1 goal per game and were at one point averaging 0.6 and 0.8 goals per game.

The teams in-between have all gotten between 40-60 goals which is entirely normal for a 38 game season.

It seems a very complicated issue does the goal scoring in the ME so I'm please they aren't rushing it.

The conversion rate is higher in FM 24 compared to 23. This could affect some of the higher scorelines in 24 vs 23. Attached a comparison between FM 23 and 24 . I think it's clear those percentages in FM24 are abnormal

image.thumb.png.9c6df27b52f769454a56ad16fc02988c.png

image.thumb.png.5da678f123458b2d27a648a50167cfdf.png

25 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I guess you found the Chelsea v Man City game last night pretty much unwatchable then 😂

I'd love to see how you worked out the 15% conversion rates because in my current save J3 League the top two teams have conversion rates of 6.5% and 6.7%.

The top 3 teams however have scored over 100 goals (101, 103 and 107).

I'm one of those teams and honestly we should have scored about 70 more goals the amount of times we miss sitters and hit the post.

The teams in relegation have barely managed 1 goal per game and were at one point averaging 0.6 and 0.8 goals per game.

The teams in-between have all gotten between 40-60 goals which is entirely normal for a 38 game season.

It seems a very complicated issue does the goal scoring in the ME so I'm please they aren't rushing it.

As has been explained countless times, there's a difference between matches (I can point out high scoring IRL games too) and the difference this makes consistently over the season. As also stated, the freak results that make you take note should be the 4-4'sm the 5-3's and Jesus, even the 10-8 I saw earlier, not 0-0's and 1-0's and 1-1's which is currently the case for a lot of people.

It's not a minority noticing this as an issue, as your post yesterday and the response to it proved. I feel you are simply terrified that changes could ruin the ME, which isn't the position to be in. That says more about your faith in the ME changes being made by SI historically rather than what SHOULD actually happen to simulate real life football, or at least bring it closer in line. People need to be able to play as they wish, that includes high intensity pressing tactics and low intensity, deeper soak tactics.

I'm more than happy to post the conversion rates again, and the workings out. I can even sim some J leagues for you if you'd like and do the same. If you've found a sweet spot in the J3 league, I'm very happy for you. But the amount of soak tests and the amount of leagues covered does show still significant discrepancies (only ones with a +GPG compared to IRL below +0.3 and therefore being classes as not significant in yellow) in GPG over 3 and some 5 season spreads in all leagues tested (England PL, CH, L2, Spain D1, D2, Italy, D1, D2, Holland D1, D2, Croatia D1, Denmark D1, D2, Austria D1, Switzerland D1, D2, France, D1, D2, Turkey D1, Czech Republic D1, Slovakia D1  bar the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2. And that's purely because they take less shots compared to the other leagues.

Edited by Domoboy23

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Finishing is too good in this ME. It's not a question of too many shots , but the quality of the shots that is too good

Is it worth checking to see if the chance creation is too good, as opposed to finishing, or both?

I do think the defending in general needs more work more. Maybe that’s where the problem is?

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

As has been explained countless times, there's a difference between matches (I can point out high scoring IRL games too) and the difference this makes consistently over the season. As also stated, the freak results that make you take note should be the 4-4'sm the 5-3's and Jesus, even the 10-8 I saw earlier, not 0-0's and 1-0's and 1-1's which is currently the case for a lot of people.

It's not a minority noticing this as an issue, as your post yesterday and the response to it proved. I feel you are simply terrified that changes could ruin the ME, which isn't the position to be in. That says more about your faith in the ME changes being made by SI historically rather than what SHOULD actually happen to simulate real life football, or at least bring it closer in line.

I'm more than happy to post the conversion rates again, and the workings out. I can even sim some J leagues for you if you'd like and do the same. If you've found a sweet spot in the J3 league, I'm very happy for you. But the amount of soak tests and the amount of leagues covered does show still significant discrepancies (only ones with a +GPG compared to IRL below +0.3 and therefore being classes as not significant in yellow) in GPG over 3 and some 5 season spreads in all leagues tested (England PL, CH, L2, Spain D1, D2, Italy, D1, D2, Holland D1, D2, Croatia D1, Denmark D1, D2, Austria D1, Switzerland D1, D2, France, D1, D2, Turkey D1, Czech Republic D1, Slovakia D1  bar the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2. And that's purely because they take less shots compared to the other leagues.

If you go through this thread it really is about 6 of you consistently complaining about it.

And yes I am terrified they'll ruin the ME as it's the only enjoyable bit of the game so far 😂

Just now, kiingallen said:

Is it worth checking to see if the chance creation is too good, as opposed to finishing, or both?

I do think the defending in general needs more work more. Maybe that’s where the problem is?

Shots per game seem in line with FM23 for a lot of the league (which is less than IRL anyway) as well as xG. xG overperformance however...

6 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Also in the brazilian league the conversion rate is really too good.. 21% ? LOL that is enormous.. That's we have too many 4-4's , 5-3 etc

image.thumb.png.eb9c240c355beb8dc8c90f9cfafb45bf.png

I guess it's pretty variable - this is my Brazillian Serie A after 21 games ...
image.thumb.png.6b93fb81b78a98376f273c2e7c79a846.png

Goals per game is on the low side, too ...
image.thumb.png.c2b37903d1110c8e1c9292e0fb42f963.png

Just now, rp1966 said:

Are you running the league in full detail? I bet that's with QME

1 hour ago, hammer man said:

Has the Editor been fixed yet? That should never have been released in the state it is!

I have no issues with the editor ? I've created a new nation with leagues and cups and continental tournaments etc . No issues at all . Why is there an issue ?

3 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

Just also to note this is a TEAMS GOAL PER GAME, not GOALS PER GAME.

Two very different stats.

Also from the conversion rate, presuming this isn't being ran as ''full'' in the detail level stat.

9 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

If you go through this thread it really is about 6 of you consistently complaining about it.

And yes I am terrified they'll ruin the ME as it's the only enjoyable bit of the game so far 😂

I'm aware of the issue , and glad others are on the ball with it more than myself   I have  seen it on my game not as in depth as others have as decided to stop playing because of it this bug 

I have also seen others posting the results showing strange high scoring un-realistic results.

The ME deffo needs tweaking to bring this in line and make it more realistic as it should be.

Edited by wazza

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Are you running the league in full detail? I bet that's with QME

Could be right - detail level was 'mixed'. Have bumped it up to 'competitive matches'.  In J1 where I'm playing GPG range is 2.67 - 1.1 and conversion rate from 23% to 13% and for South Korean K1 league which is also full detail GPG 3.17 - 1.12 and conversion rate 21%-11%

(European leagues on full detail aren't playing yet)

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Shots per game seem in line with FM23 for a lot of the league (which is less than IRL anyway) as well as xG. xG overperformance however...

Fair enough. 

Although based on my entirely subjective experience, I would still welcome some defensive improvements or, less successful passes, especially at higher tempos under pressure (that reflect player attributes of course). 
Sometimes I feel like everyone is press-resistant one-touch masters. 

i will say - I haven’t ran any tests or checked stats. Just purely off the eye. At one level with Ajax.  

1 minute ago, rp1966 said:

Could be right - detail level was 'mixed'. Have bumped it up to 'competitive matches'.  In J1 where I'm playing GPG range is 2.67 - 1.1 and conversion rate from 23% to 13% and for South Korean K1 league which is also full detail GPG 3.17 - 1.12 and conversion rate 21%-11%

(European leagues on full detail aren't playing yet)

Yeah... That is almost 10% more than FM 23... Thats insane in my opinion

13 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I agree that if they stuff around with the ME it will then be ruined and those 6 complaining will complain even more . Cant help thinking there are serial complainers who just want to cause issues . Apologies to those who are genuine but you get my drift . 

6 minutes ago, wazza said:

I'm aware of the issue , and glad others are on the ball with it more than myself   I have  seen it on my game not as in depth as others have as decided to stop playing because of it this bug 

I have also seen others posting the results showing strange high scoring un-realistic results.

The ME deffo needs tweaking to bring this in line and make it more realistic as it should be.

One off strange results happen all the time IRL. My team beat a side 7-0 first game we had 8 shots on goal!

If that happened in FM people would post it as a bug.