Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

I have just won the Premier league with Brighton on my second season, I think my squad is well enough to qualify for European Football but being champions is not quite realistic whilst team media prediction was 8th. Few things on this,

-Almost all teams in the PL use new roles(IFB-IWB etc) which is so easy to defend. In previous FM's, it was almost impossible to beat Liverpool, City, Arsenal etc away but now it's much easier. If this is the most popular system in the world football and most succesful teams are using them, then these should be strengthen

-Teams do not subtitute/rotate enough and starting low condition players

-Massive bug on welcoming players that i didn't know until I ended up having quite few of Model Citizens in my team just because I asked James Milner to welcome new signings. Now i feel like it's a cheat code because these players work extremely hard on and off pitch so i'm planning to buy in-game editor to balance these players

-I have seen many goal glores in the first season but second season is quite balanced so nothing to complain on my side.

My squad

image.thumb.png.7f5739a89157fe396a255ac5303500fa.png

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

You can compare it over one season, or compare it over 3 like I have to get the average.

False. I want realistic play where you can get 1-0's and 0-0's. At the moment it's impossible to tell if a result is justified, lucky, due to tactics, personnel or just because goalkeepers and strikers are useless/deadly.

You've yourself said lower leagues are awful. Every league is over the GPG on each sim bar the Bundesliga. So your claim about play being stale is false, I just don't want immersion breaking bugs.

ALSO - you state 2 goals per game is too low. Correct, as average for GPG across all teams it is. But look at the screenshot. It's from one single team who averaged 1.95GPG because I set them up that way. Guess what? 6 teams in the division last season had under 2GPG.

The average across the division on that FM23 save was 2.62. Perfect.

Well marginally low at 2.62.

And yes lower leagues tend to have a lot of weird blowout scores that occur after 60 minutes.

But they also have a fair few 0-0's and 1-0's.

I don't think it's an easy fix because higher levels don't seem to be that wildly oOTT for goals when I was managing at that level.

7 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Well that's my mistake.

My point still stands that FM23 had far too few goals at 2.

I don't get why so many people on here hate goals and every year whinge until we get an unrealistically low level of goals scored.

FM23 averaged for the Premiership and CH on my save the following over 3 seasons:

PL: 2.42, 2.75, 2.77

CH: 2.78, 2.40, 2.62

FM24:

PL: 3.16, 3.02, 3.10

CH: 3.35, 3.51, 3.27

You're clearly getting confused with my screenshot in which I managed one team Birmingham, had awful attackers and set up to draw out 0-0's and managed on 1.95GPG for one set of games and 2.0 GPG for the other where on FM24 it was 3.75 over the same fixtures.

Edited by Domoboy23

9 hours ago, Mohan said:

Anyone had anything like this? 7 point drop seems insane when he doing well in training and in games

There are rare off field events that will massively impact personality, both positively and negatively. Looks like that's what happened to your player. Check your inbox, the message about it might still be in there.

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

FM23 averaged for the Premiership and CH on my save the following over 3 seasons:

PL: 2.42, 2.75, 2.77

CH: 2.78, 2.40, 2.62

FM24:

PL: 3.16, 3.02, 3.10

CH: 3.35, 3.51, 3.27

You're clearly getting confused with my screenshot in which I managed one team Birmingham, had awful attackers and set up to draw out 0-0's and managed on 1.95GPG for one set of games and 2.0 GPG for the other where on FM24 it was 3.75 over the same fixtures.

I was attempting to eat breakfast look after my daughter and read at the same time.

This is two more things than my brain are capable of.

Some of the high scores are facilitated either by AI using 4-4-2's, not making subs or by the bad goalkeepers..  If you look at the match stats, the number of shots per game is much closer to reality than FM 23 or any previous version. Only problem is that the teams outscore their xg quite a lot more often than they should.

Apart from the AI teams not making subs and the high scoring games (which I think will be fixed in due course), I'm really enjoying this version of FM. Best in over a decade for me. Love the match engine, which looks and feels like a football match, and particularly the way that my players listen to what I'm telling them and (mostly) follow my instructions on the field. Although I am only just into my second season (I started in early access) I get the feeling that this version has longevity...by that I mean that my save can last for years (in game terms) and I can finally see my wonderkid youth players reach the first team and realize their potential. I'm putting more hours into this version than I have for the last few years and that's always a good sign.

One small niggle is that I can't get my head round the set piece creator, although to be fair I haven't really given it much time, it feels a bit clumsy to me but that might just be me. But that is a small gripe. SI advertised that the AI teams would be smarter in the transfer windows and although I haven't seen this yet I did like the way Al-Ittihad snatched DeBruyne and John Stones off me...it feels like something that would happen. I think I pissed them off somewhere along the line and both refused to sign new contracts.

So well done SI :cool: I think this game is just about perfect (for me anyway) - look forward to the total revamp for FM 25...

19 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Some of the high scores are facilitated either by AI using 4-4-2's, not making subs or by the bad goalkeepers..  If you look at the match stats, the number of shots per game is much closer to reality than FM 23 or any previous version. Only problem is that the teams outscore their xg quite a lot more often than they should.

Its varying across leagues and saves, so id definitely want SI to approach any changes with caution, which I suspect they will tbh

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Its varying across leagues and saves, so id definitely want SI to approach any changes with caution, which I suspect they will tbh

Yeah.. thats why i connect some of the high scoring issues to AI's 4-4-2 and how it's presented in game compared to IRL... Most IRL teams that use 4-4-2 to defend never leave 2 players forward, one striker is always behind  helping the midfield making it a 4-4-1-1.

Not to mention ultra cautious teams that put all the players behind the ball making it a 4-4-2-0.

SI should really adjust the 4-4-2 and make it closer to how it's played now IRL.

Just look at how a team playing 4-4-2 is shaping up in attack ( the team with black shorts ).

My team in red is in a 4-3-3 while the attacking team is basically in a 4-0-6 lol... No wonder im leading 4-1 in the 75th minute, they have NOBODY in the midfield... :lol:

4-4-2 should get SI's attention....

image.thumb.png.376893a758f82a26c75a96a1917cc156.png

1 hour ago, craiigman said:

Something has changed, if it's not the ME it's something feeding the ME. I remembered I had a save before last game of the season (in case needed to raise a bug report on something for team in 2nd) so decided to just replay the game and take a look. I got the exact same result, but look at the stats:

Before:

Screenshot2023-11-10at09_17_37.thumb.png.3bab3d8f7638ef692e1494fa89e016f4.png

After:

Screenshot2023-11-10at09_17_17.thumb.png.1f47eaf363466a501ef53c3dd8b1eabb.png

But what is more evident for me is the passing maps.

Before:

Screenshot2023-11-10at08_59_52.thumb.png.3b766c409f4294ab85b91ab800bef58d.png

After:

Screenshot2023-11-10at09_16_32.thumb.png.406396f93175d4f4bb86850b0346ae41.png

My AMC is number 8 on both. He's deeper than the BWM(D) on the passing map on the new one. Look how much higher the defence is well in the 2nd one

Average positioning before:

Screenshot2023-11-10at09_43_16.png.d3fe061ad5f51f300e547d97cf6587a6.png

After:

Screenshot2023-11-10at09_43_41.png.c5b28c627d6680efd1e20f915e190232.png

Does seem minor, but it's having an impact on the flow of games. 59% possession before, just 2 shots against me. 68% possession after, 9 shots against. Don't get me wrong it could easily be put down to a small sample size, but what I am seeing and the data from other games, looks different to what I am seeing now and the new data (that the game provides).

Is the difference not down to you being 2-0 up after 11 minutes compared to 0-0 at the same point in the other game?

Struggling to understand your point here, unless you expect every match to be identical?

2 hours ago, Dadecane said:

I dont know tho. Most games IRL where a team takes a 2-0, 3-0 lead and goes defensive too early in the game, it usually results in a comeback. Underdog teams suffer from this often, they go defensive too early and panic. 

look at it this way; if youre up 3-0 it means youre being fairly dominant, due to the score the other team is likely to go attack, if u sit back and defend youre allowing them to make it 3-1, maybe 3-2, and get in trouble. But if you keep attacking them, they may get 1 on you, but due to pushing up desperately, youll have spaces and probably score again too. Before you know it its 4-1, late in the game, thats when u time waste and go defensive 😉 

just my advice; usually works for me

I think those names should've been changed a long time ago. I don't think it means go defensive or attacking. Feels like more of a how much risk the players will take, and how much numbers they will commit to an attack.

For example, as Arsenal I'm playing in Attacking. That works well, but against teams like City, I get dominated, and it's when I change to very attacking that I regain control of the match, cause the team gets on the ball more. Against weaker opponents, I usually drop to positive.

What I usually do is change between "mentalities" until match higlights seem more in my favor, and match momentum graph is on my favor as well.

When I want to go defensive, I keep the "mentality" and drop the press and defensive line, and remove the counter press

The motion of raising a hand to claim offside is too unrealistic.
It doesn't make sense to claim to be offside when you receive the ball in front of a defender.
It makes you wonder if they're even soccer players.

Yes, it is clear that the center forward is in an offside position when the pass is initiated, but it is not an offside penalty because he is not actively involved.

Honeycam 2023-11-10 20-01-58.gif

18 hours ago, JordanMilly said:

The Premier League does get congested a lot due to two different cup competitions, European football and the league itself - top clubs, like City, Liverpool, etc, regularly end up with that sort of congestion. I'm not entirely sure what you want SI to do when real life has this happen regularly too.

Agree, sorry forgot to show that not all the teams I played didnt all go deep in the cups, and most had free midweeks leading up to the last week, surely one of those fixtures could have been slotted into a midweek earlier? Just seems the game doensnt proactively try and prevent this end of season run of games when it has opportunities leading up to it. 

image.png.6af53142ef00887de3e6210ad6cda5db.png

image.png.34dac82f07baf230a16405b62c66733a.png

image.png.692b2fa5693212877dc2be3495ba45b0.png

image.png.cc7eb69ffce6eb0d3d9c455253a093ce.png

I had just 3 games in March:

image.png.4995377e0ed414578cf6addab9f3e018.png

When others had league games on 21st, so odd that one of mine couldnt be moved there as it was fa cup semi-final weekend so only 4 teams are involved:

image.png.66d32b26aafaad345d208dc6b2d6f2fd.png

It never really used to be an issue until the new CL format came in last season.

Sadly cant see when the fixtures were rearranged so next season will see if when they are re-arranged if there are potentially better places to place the rearranged games.

Still regardless havent enjoyed a release as much as this for quite some time.

Edited by dunk105

1 hour ago, craiigman said:

Something has changed, if it's not the ME it's something feeding the ME. I remembered I had a save before last game of the season (in case needed to raise a bug report on something for team in 2nd) so decided to just replay the game and take a look. I got the exact same result, but look at the stats:

Before:

Screenshot2023-11-10at09_17_37.thumb.png.3bab3d8f7638ef692e1494fa89e016f4.png

After:

Screenshot2023-11-10at09_17_17.thumb.png.1f47eaf363466a501ef53c3dd8b1eabb.png

But what is more evident for me is the passing maps.

Before:

Screenshot2023-11-10at08_59_52.thumb.png.3b766c409f4294ab85b91ab800bef58d.png

After:

Screenshot2023-11-10at09_16_32.thumb.png.406396f93175d4f4bb86850b0346ae41.png

My AMC is number 8 on both. He's deeper than the BWM(D) on the passing map on the new one. Look how much higher the defence is well in the 2nd one

Average positioning before:

Screenshot2023-11-10at09_43_16.png.d3fe061ad5f51f300e547d97cf6587a6.png

After:

Screenshot2023-11-10at09_43_41.png.c5b28c627d6680efd1e20f915e190232.png

Does seem minor, but it's having an impact on the flow of games. 59% possession before, just 2 shots against me. 68% possession after, 9 shots against. Don't get me wrong it could easily be put down to a small sample size, but what I am seeing and the data from other games, looks different to what I am seeing now and the new data (that the game provides).

After some tactical changes (which shouldn't be needed if ME was exactly the same?) am now starting to see something closer to before. Had to drop my D-line and engagement to Normal and Midblock, and then change width to fairly narrow. However Wing backs are still higher than before. I am also noticing less passes in the final third, more shots into the side netting. I have "more risky passes" on for my AM, 2 CM's, both Strikers, both wing backs. Yet when a striker is making a run between 2 defenders and a player has a ball, they aren't making those passes anymore.

I'm still winning games, just not in the same ways as before. My goals feel more lucky at the moment, where as before they seemed like well worked goals. Possibly placebo is there really has been no changes made.

3 minutes ago, dunk105 said:

Agree, sorry forgot to show that not all the teams I played didnt all go deep in the cups, and most had free midweeks leading up to the last week, surely one of those fixtures could have been slotted into a midweek earlier? Just seems the game doensnt proactively try and prevent this end of season run of games when it has opportunities leading up to it. 

image.png.6af53142ef00887de3e6210ad6cda5db.png

image.png.34dac82f07baf230a16405b62c66733a.png

image.png.692b2fa5693212877dc2be3495ba45b0.png

image.png.cc7eb69ffce6eb0d3d9c455253a093ce.png

I had just 3 games in March:

image.png.4995377e0ed414578cf6addab9f3e018.png

When others had league games on 21st, so odd that one of mine couldnt be moved there as it was fa cup semi-final weekend so only 4 teams are involved:

image.png.66d32b26aafaad345d208dc6b2d6f2fd.png

It never really used to be an issue until the new CL format came in last season.

Probably quite a difficult one with the new CL format coming. Especially with extra games (I think at the very least two?) And it not having took place in real life yet to see how it pans out scheduling wise.

I think this is why a lot of elite players are against it, the sheer number of games in such a short space of time

9 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

My feedback is, 4 days after release, the game is still not playable as a long-term save due to the following reasons

J-League still incomplete (still no update with regards to the situation)

Player interactions very short and abrupt and most of the time ends in negative (where´s the extra 2000 AI convos??)

Im MK Dons, 3rd season in, won the League 2 and League 1, now sitting pretty top of Championship (Signed the likes of Deli Ali and Jesse Lingard whilst in League 2 and League 1, they not really top performers tbh), seem to breeze the leagues too easily

Player contracts are very unpredictable. If i promise player we will be promoted, he wants about more money. If i dont, less money (Player should have a option to ask for his wage to be reviewed once promoted!!)

Opp teams are subbing 85th minute to the 90th minutes, far too late in game

Team talks have no effect before game and during half-time(so i constantly interact in-game, part of the reason i think im winning too easily as well, because i doubt the AI does this as much)

GK still being injured too often, though during my 3rd season, seems to have mellowed on my side

Still weird graphical glitches where the previous highlight of an offside line, would still be on the next highlight (been there since FM21, so im not even going to report it as a bug, as your moving match engine anyway)

Media interactions still get things wrong, I come back from 2-0 down only to be asked by media why did i throw away a comfortble lead

Big teams stockpiling youth players and not playing them. Saw Doku only played a total of 15 league games in 3 seasons, and Man City basically have the same team!!

Teams like Arsenal and Man City are also letting some really good youth players go (My MK Dons side have about 8 Arsenal rejects, 2 Liverpool rejects and 1 Man City)

The AI at present is the worst its ever been. I think the last time player interactions were this bad was FM21 or FM22 i think, but you guys patched it up pretty quick.

Thats my feedback and this is my opinion. 

I've seen so many people reporting getting back to back to back promotions 

42 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

My feedback is, 4 days after release, the game is still not playable as a long-term save due to the following reasons

J-League still incomplete (still no update with regards to the situation)

Player interactions very short and abrupt and most of the time ends in negative (where´s the extra 2000 AI convos??)

Im MK Dons, 3rd season in, won the League 2 and League 1, now sitting pretty top of Championship (Signed the likes of Deli Ali and Jesse Lingard whilst in League 2 and League 1, they not really top performers tbh), seem to breeze the leagues too easily

Player contracts are very unpredictable. If i promise player we will be promoted, he wants about more money. If i dont, less money (Player should have a option to ask for his wage to be reviewed once promoted!!)

Opp teams are subbing 85th minute to the 90th minutes, far too late in game

Team talks have no effect before game and during half-time(so i constantly interact in-game, part of the reason i think im winning too easily as well, because i doubt the AI does this as much)

GK still being injured too often, though during my 3rd season, seems to have mellowed on my side

Still weird graphical glitches where the previous highlight of an offside line, would still be on the next highlight (been there since FM21, so im not even going to report it as a bug, as your moving match engine anyway)

Media interactions still get things wrong, I come back from 2-0 down only to be asked by media why did i throw away a comfortble lead

Big teams stockpiling youth players and not playing them. Saw Doku only played a total of 15 league games in 3 seasons, and Man City basically have the same team!!

Teams like Arsenal and Man City are also letting some really good youth players go (My MK Dons side have about 8 Arsenal rejects, 2 Liverpool rejects and 1 Man City)

The AI at present is the worst its ever been. I think the last time player interactions were this bad was FM21 or FM22 i think, but you guys patched it up pretty quick.

Thats my feedback and this is my opinion. 

Agree on the AI. If they didn't score the spawny goals where your player turns into a moron i think i'd win every game haha

I'm season 3 in La Liga and Atletico have the same starting X1 as season 1 (except Saul because i bought him). I think they're on their 3rd manager too so you would expect even that alone would bring changes (also Simeone will probs never get sacked anyway IRL)

Sociedad are 3rd in the league and Kubo has played every game but is transfer listed as not needed. 

Rico Lewis has been listed for loan for at least 2 years

A lot of the players in Saudi seem to be some of the best on the game - Ruben Neves / Malinkovic-Savic etc seem way overrated to me. Bellingham is way overrated from the off too. I know he's having a killer season but if you attribute compare him to Pedri or Gavi he's literally about 40% better than both of them in every area haha

I'd not played FM for about 10 years before this one. I'm surprised at how many issues there are.

9 minutes ago, Rowingkid said:

Rico Lewis has been listed for loan for at least 2 years

Sounds like a reputation issue, and you're far from the first person to report this kind of thing happening. My FM hot take is that the 'reputation' system holds the entire game back massively. I'm not a coder and I don't have an alternative way of having AI distinguish what decisions to make, so I understand why reputation is a thing, but you see players like Rico Lewis, who in real life are getting decent, consistent and meaningful game time under the best manager in the world get ragdolled about on loan for years before ending up in relative obscurity. It's the same reason why AI international management and awards are so, so bad and not reflective of in-game form or ratings, because the AI selects these players based on their reputation alone.

I'm not holding my breath but I hope reputation is severely nerfed in FM25's reboot, as it's probably the single biggest under-the-hood immersion killer for me just because the AI relies on it so rigidly.

1 minute ago, rjferguson90 said:

Sounds like a reputation issue, and you're far from the first person to report this kind of thing happening. My FM hot take is that the 'reputation' system holds the entire game back massively. I'm not a coder and I don't have an alternative way of having AI distinguish what decisions to make, so I understand why reputation is a thing, but you see players like Rico Lewis, who in real life are getting decent, consistent and meaningful game time under the best manager in the world get ragdolled about on loan for years before ending up in relative obscurity. It's the same reason why AI international management and awards are so, so bad and not reflective of in-game form or ratings, because the AI selects these players based on their reputation alone.

I'm not holding my breath but I hope reputation is severely nerfed in FM25's reboot, as it's probably the single biggest under-the-hood immersion killer for me just because the AI relies on it so rigidly.

I think they should split reputation into a few catagories. Have catagories in 

Player rewards (more rewards, more rep)

Injury Prone (more injuries, lower rep)

Personality (could work both ways, extremely lazy, Neymar, or professional Messi)

Media Mentions (Player on form or something amazing) should be dynamic all season

National Rep (league dependent) Updates once a season

International Rep (Call-ups) Updates once a season

I think the rep doesnt update often enough throughout the season, as form players get bought up pretty quickly and out of form "famous" players always get bought up too!!

Ive always envisioned FM having like a back page of a paper pop up every now and again with stories of your local league or country, where you could really feel the world your playing in

Also with the 'backpage' thats another way to add rep to players without the needs of rewards. Just my take on it

3 minutes ago, rjferguson90 said:

For what it's worth, I think FM24 is actually a lot better then FM23 at developing players. In the game I've simmed to 2043, the game has been pretty consistent with youngsters developing and 5/10/15 years into the game the number of young players with 140/160 CA is much more balanced. 

At international level, the number of younger players with international caps is also a lot lot better, even at the big nations. So I don't think reputation is the immersion killer it was in FM23.

20 minutes ago, rjferguson90 said:

A few editions back I went on big rant about reputation - it definitely causes massive issues in so many places across the game related to development and recruitment. My suggestion was as reputation in game is basically a long-term measure it should be matched with a short-term equivalent which I referred to as 'hype'. That way you could have a system that made reputation like decisions but based on much shorter term changes in manager/team/player performance and also based player choices of team for transfers and manager choices of player/team based on varying susceptibility to hype around a player or manager.  (Maybe it could be done with more bias towards recent form in the decision making algorithm).

Edited by rp1966

I usually come here to complain but this time I really have to give a compliment to you guys, especially the match engine team and animations team. Superb work, it's the first time really I feel like the players play together an utilize space in a clever way instead of just running along certain areas which are determined by their role and duty. Imo this is the best ME ever, if you upgrade the graphics next season I think it will be absolutely marvellous. :applause:

On top of that, the new set piece editor is great. Great concept, great usability, I love it. Very welcome change. It takes away a lot of the possibilities for unwanted errors in the setup.

Edited by Flohrinho

25 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Reputation isn't really as big of a factor as some people make it out to be, especially in team selection and dealing with your squad players. In this example (Rico Lewis going on loan) it's a very close call - we're talking about an 18 year old who's not got the CA to be making regular starts. It's a tough call between handing them the occasional appearance in cups, or keeping them around in case of injury crises - or sending them out on loan to get regular football. You could argue that in real life Man City are a bit unusual in how they handle young players like that - people were complaining about Foden not getting enough game time for years.

If I told you City had a 136 CA 18 year old in the team and they sent him out on loan to develop and get match experience, would that sound so crazy? Because that's Rico Lewis. This is the data the game is working with, and it doesn't seem like a bad call really in isolation looking at the data.

So in my game Doku has only played like 15 games over 3 seasons and Man City basically have the same team whilst also letting go alot of their youth players. Rico is still not being played at the age of 21, because he isnt being developed early enough. Take Saka for example, he played 20 something games at 18 and has developed into the player he is today. I see Rico being in that boat but by the time he´s 21 in-game, he is not getting the level of development Saka has had

2 hours ago, andu1 said:

Just look at how a team playing 4-4-2 is shaping up in attack ( the team with black shorts ).

My team in red is in a 4-3-3 while the attacking team is basically in a 4-0-6 lol... No wonder im leading 4-1 in the 75th minute, they have NOBODY in the midfield... :lol:

4-4-2 should get SI's attention....

image.thumb.png.376893a758f82a26c75a96a1917cc156.png

@Jack Joyce if you have a spare moment, penny for your thoughts on the 442

9 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Anyone had success with a false 9?

In what formation? What style of play? Ive used it in a 4-2-3-1 system, genpress, postive with 1 IF and 1 IW. Worked well for me, but my false 9 also has a very high work rate

13 horas atrás, Mars_Blackmon disse:

After looking around at numerous staff in the editor, a lot of the attributes and other details are vanilla. I would guess that most of our issues might be data issues. I haven't done a deep dive, but whenever I check out a random manager, their directness is low (which could be influencing the high pass % and the team's willingness to pass it in the back).

Many details available to align the staff with their real-life counterparts are not utilized, especially for board members. For example, many of the tendencies available would probably make hiring managers better if they were used.

One noticeable thing is that many managers have a low attribute for rotating players, and I also noticed an inconsistency, which may or may not be a problem. A manager would have "will use sub" as a tendency with an attribute, but when you look at the tab that lists all attributes, "Use of subs" is always 0.

Also, "versatility" is always 0 for most managers outside the most known guys, and even their attribute is low. I don't know what it does, but that brings up another point: is there a source that defines all of these options inside the editor? Maybe it is tied to the manager's starting games with their other formations, IDK.

This needs to be urgently analyzed. Have you opened a topic on the bug tracker?

3 hours ago, Bahoi said:

I love it how every metric like Conversion rate, xG-OP, GPG etc etc shows that there is an insane amount of goals being scored, comparable to a hockey league, and yet, there are guys here giving feedback to feedback. Which is not how feedback works.

Maybe for you kiwityke1983 things look normal, but all the numbers prove you wrong. This is not an opinionated feedback, it's numbers. There is no need for anyone to try to prove numbers are wrong.

In my save, last matchday had a 5-3 . The team with 5 goals had a player rated 10 (see screenshot) - now, you see, I can't tell if I want to transfer him for next season, as I might get promoted and he might help, because I don't know if he really is good or just overblown. That 10 rating means less and less with each hockey match. All those metrics of his (like xA, Assists, Key passes) mean nothing. Is it him being good, defenders being bad? Who can tell... and it's just a simple example, there is at least one or two each gameday. Things start rolling like this, and it becomes immersion breaking.  And no, it doesn't require anyone to tell me it is not. It's just my feedback.

And also - maybe it's just me. I posted above, a couple of pages ago already, the xG-OP and xG-UP in my save and asked people to share - maybe it's just in my save, of course it is a very small sample size - I again encourage people here to post their feedback with examples and metrics, like Domoboy23 does.

Screenshot 2023-11-10 121715.png

I'm not wrong though because I could produce numbers that show there aren't too many goals.

I could also provide numbers to prove there are too many goals.

There's definitely an issue at the lower levels in my experience.

Higher levels I noticed hardly any problems at all, again in my experience.

That's the problem with numbers you can produce them to prove literally anything you want with enough time and patience.

I'd rather have too many than too few which is what often ends up happening and the ME just turns into a series of unrealistic sitters being missed.

I believe SI should keep a minimal team for FM25 development and put all efforts into fixing FM24 bugs.

Receiving reservations based on user trust, going through an early access period, and experiencing numerous bugs in an officially released game is quite peculiar.

It's the first weekend after the official release. How this weekend will be remembered by users depends on SI.

So seems the 2 main issues are too many goals (especially when sides play 4-4-2, basically end up being shoot out games) and the lack of substitutions in most cases.

In terms of attributes, I wonder if anyone has tried tweaking them for managers re using of subs and rotating squads on a mass scale and do some tests on that?

2 minutes ago, dosh said:

I believe SI should keep a minimal team for FM25 development and put all efforts into fixing FM24 bugs.

Receiving reservations based on user trust, going through an early access period, and experiencing numerous bugs in an officially released game is quite peculiar.

It's the first weekend after the official release. How this weekend will be remembered by users depends on SI.

Don´t think they will.... FM24 is already legacy code and to be honest, if it was me, i would want to move on from FM24 asap if FM25 is being re-written from scratch. In that way all code is fresh and everybody in SI fully understand the system, instead of some legacy code written by an ex-employee 5 years ago. I think they should´ve just skipped this edition and just bug fixed FM23 to FM24 DLC and fully pushed for FM25 next year!

35 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Talking about high GPG, guess which 2 teams are using 4-4-2 aka 4-0-6 on this list.

image.thumb.png.c2530082f7467b64f9ff786955f7d6fe.png

:lol:

I am assuming Southampton with their ridiculous 13-27 (5 goals a game in their matches!) and Forest going 9-23 (4 goals a game).

Perth Glory in my game had a season where average goals per game in their games was 5.15, and yes they play 4-4-2.

1 minute ago, Alex100001 said:

I am assuming Southampton with their ridiculous 13-27 (5 goals a game in their matches!) and Forest going 9-23 (4 goals a game).

Perth Glory in my game had a season where average goals per game in their games was 5.15, and yes they play 4-4-2.

Yep.. those are the ones