Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, molemenacer said:

Goalkeeper injuries just hit

14th Feb - backup goalkeeper injured in training with strained ankle ligaments - out for 4 weeks
15th Feb - main goalkeeper broken hand catching a cross in game - out for 6 weeks

Third time in 6 months that my main goalkeeper has been injured catching a cross, broken finger, damaged neck and now broken hand

Liked it at the start of the beta that goalkeepers now get injured but this all seems a little excessive to me.

If its recurring then its an issue, but my club in real life (St Johnstone) had a keeper break his leg, then another keeper break his arm, within a week or two of each other just a month or so ago.

3 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

He's natural at both positions.  Star rating is just a coaching judgement of his attributes for that position.    Color of the dot is the indicator. 

He's used by AI only in the DL position since the ML position is only available for AI in a 4-4-2.

So clearly the game can create good quality full backs.

4 minutes ago, TOMetz said:

Just a feeling: long shots seem a bit OP this year? My U21 left back is scoring screamers in preseason against teams similar to my stature. 

Anyway, curious to see if it's just me.

I would agree. I feel like I’ve seen too many both for and against. To a point where I almost expect it from the most unlikely players on my team and almost disappointed sometimes when they don’t go in. Which shouldn’t be the case. 

9 minutes ago, andu1 said:

If i believed everything i read on this forum... i would think the game is an unplayable mess... too bad im just enjoying it for what it is ATM.......

But that is the point… enjoying it for what it is… not what was promised. It’s not a dig… but everyone on here have their version of what ‘playable, is. Personally for me, a game I’ve been waiting for since the last version, that wasn’t 100% perfect, to be promised to be the best FM for its generation, plus I play journeyman saves… anti climax.

Edited by greenz81

vor 58 Minuten schrieb Iggster:

Might have been written in this thread already, and if it has apologees for the repetition, but the Schweizer Cup winners and runners up (Young Boys and Lugano) from 22/23 are missing in FM24.

That happened for Germany too with Leipzig and Frankfurt.

11 minutes ago, andu1 said:

There you go, i looked randomly at Portugal. This is their main DR.. I see absolutely no issue with him. He has all the needed attributes for his position

image.thumb.png.f52a87828daa5529b42762e529769394.pngI don

The main problem is not that the game doesn't produce such players. I have seen plenty of great rounded CB'S, wing backs, ST's  etc etc The real problem is the further into the game the harder and harder it is to find such players because the game does not produce enough of them. So the overall quality of players goes down for certain positions. 

5 hours ago, molemenacer said:

Goalkeeper injuries just hit

14th Feb - backup goalkeeper injured in training with strained ankle ligaments - out for 4 weeks
15th Feb - main goalkeeper broken hand catching a cross in game - out for 6 weeks

Third time in 6 months that my main goalkeeper has been injured catching a cross, broken finger, damaged neck and now broken hand

Liked it at the start of the beta that goalkeepers now get injured but this all seems a little excessive to me.

Managing Liverpool and during the first international break I had Alisson, Kelleher and Adrian all out injured for 2-4 weeks. I had to play my U21, 1 star, keeper against City (who themselves had Ederson out injured too)....drew that 0-0 (should've won it to be fair).

So now I have to bring in Kubo, a Japanese keeper from Sociedad, on loan until they return.

It wasn't just keepers injured during the break, Szoboslai and a few others were injured too.

I'll keep an eye on when, and who, is injured for the rest of the season.

Edited by rich10

1 minute ago, Zapoleon said:

The main problem is not that the game doesn't produce such players. I have seen plenty of great rounded CB'S, wing backs, ST's  etc etc The real problem is the further into the game the harder and harder it is to find such players because the game does not produce enough of them. So the overall quality of players goes down for certain positions. 

I think si should bring back the old school regens for like 2% of the players. The old way of regens was, say Messi retired…. A regen version of Messi would exist. I think that’s what would bring the generational wonderkids back!

6 minutes ago, rich10 said:

Managing Liverpool and during the first international break I had Alisson, Kelleher and Adrian all out injured for 2-4 weeks. I had to play my U21, 1 star, keeper against City (who themselves had Ederson out injured too)....drew that 0-0 (should've won it to be fair).

So now I have to bring in Kubo, a Japanese keeper from Sociedad, on loan until they return.

It wasn't just keepers injured during the break, Szoboslai and a few others were injured too.

I love Take Kubo, he was incredible when I saw Sociedad play last year, never thought of playing him in goal tho 😂

8 minutes ago, Zapoleon said:

Yes, exactly.  The game does produce those players, but it produces fewer of them than exist at game start. 

7 minutes ago, Zapoleon said:

Maybe it depends on how many nations and players you have loaded? I see no such issue of finding plenty of top quality players... Just see below, some of the top players in my save ... If anyhting .... the regens are better than starting players... lol

image.thumb.png.498e8286657163d4e36441baf46e19ff.png

image.thumb.png.efcc07b98c9114c1e2901cb5abbf1cec.png

image.thumb.png.43dd2d0fc3e6ed601b1835e2240502f9.png

image.thumb.png.29b594ada5ecc14a8f04e0da9fa1ded7.png

image.thumb.png.5fcdadcfb8e719b5e08ffc1e8a3067c9.png

13 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

I think si should bring back the old school regens for like 2% of the players. The old way of regens was, say Messi retired…. A regen version of Messi would exist. I think that’s what would bring the generational wonderkids back!

Are you playing the game or just running soak tests? Look at the players above i just posted... Do those look bad to you?

Hi I am playing FM24. I am using my FM23 save, there is a regen player with a swearword as his surname. The f word and his first name is Advaldo so it reads A.F*** which is quite funny lol. Plays in the premier league so hes done well for himself. I have no mods or anything. I wanted to know if thats a proper surname or is it a bug?

5 minutes ago, Zanarkand99 said:

Hi I am playing FM24. I am using my FM23 save, there is a regen player with a swearword as his surname. The f word and his first name is Advaldo so it reads A.F*** which is quite funny lol. Plays in the premier league so hes done well for himself. I have no mods or anything. I wanted to know if thats a proper surname or is it a bug?

Finally some positive feedback 😂

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Are you playing the game or just running soak tests? Look at the players above i just posted... Do those look bad to you?

There are already a lot of people who run tests over the past few years that show significant decrease in number of full backs with good crossing and defending. I think even someone from SI said they are aware of the issue, but i cant be bothered to find the post. So issue is definitely there.

Also there is big decrease in good penalty and corner takers. Sweeper keepers also dissapear. In my experience, a lot of them have great vision for some reason but technique and passing is lacking.

This is something SI is struggling since long time ago. It would be unfair to say it has been like this since forever because i cant remember, but its an old issue never solved.

25 minutes ago, Iakovenko said:

I love Take Kubo, he was incredible when I saw Sociedad play last year, never thought of playing him in goal tho 😂

Champ punished me for mocking your keeper injuries, just had mine dislocate his shoulder while making a save 

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, Zanarkand99 said:

There are a couple of Brazilian players with this name so it's possible there's a newgen with this name as it will pick from the name pool. To avoid any offence we can stop this happening to newgens in a future update

17 minutes ago, Cro-cop said:

There are already a lot of people who run tests over the past few years that show significant decrease in number of full backs with good crossing and defending. I think even someone from SI said they are aware of the issue, but i cant be bothered to find the post. So issue is definitely there.

Also there is big decrease in good penalty and corner takers. Sweeper keepers also dissapear. In my experience, a lot of them have great vision for some reason but technique and passing is lacking.

This is something SI is struggling since long time ago. It would be unfair to say it has been like this since forever because i cant remember, but its an old issue never solved.

Well my save certainly doesn't lack top quality players as i showed above.. I think it helps i have over 200k players and almost all nations selected as playable

11 minutes ago, Woodg SI said:

There are a couple of Brazilian players with this name so it's possible there's a newgen with this name as it will pick from the name pool. To avoid any offence we can stop this happening to newgens in a future update

Thanks yeah hes Brazilian. So its fine no bug. Its pretty funny I don't mind. He plays for Bournemouth and yeah it was surprising when I saw his name playing against me lol.

Just finished my 1st season with City.

Some things I've noticed:

1) Wingers or wide players still go for goal regardless of how tight the angles are, rather than square the ball for a tap in.

2) Floated crosses are in general ineffectual, due to the attackers preferring to head the ball towards goal resulting in an easy take for the keeper. I'd prefer to see my striker head the ball down for a on rushing attacking midfielder to blast into the net or an player in a better attacking position, but this never happens.

3) Players are too sensitive and interactions in my opinion haven't been massively improved. I praised Josko Gvardiol for his recent form and he actually fell out with me! This happens a lot actually and doesn't make any sense, everyone appreciates praise.

4) Media still ask irrelevant questions in press conferences and comment on how a player is playing in a new role/position when they've been doing it all season and are natural in that position. 

4) Contract demands are out of control, especially for high potential youth players. I've actually got a 15 year old demanding 30k a week. I mean C'mon be real here. IRL Rico Lewis went from 5k to 25k after a season in the 1st team so I expect new gens to be on similar money until they've shown some real potential and featured in the 1st team.

5) As above, but 1st team players demanding double salary. Ederson 300k, Rodri 300k, B.Silva 450K per week!!!

6) As expected Man United are OP, nothing new there though, they have been for years.... not salty or anything :)

7) Average to good player valuations seem excessive. Joelinton for example was valued at 150m.

8) Player fatigue in my opinion needs toning down, not by much but it is a little harsh to have half my team "jaded" by October. Keeper injures are an issue for me too. Ederson damaged his knee in Feb and was out for the rest of the season. This, annoyingly was after he signed his new 300k per week contract.

I appreciate this post is quite negative, but I have enjoyed my time with the game and despite the games best efforts to make me cry after breaking Ederson, I did manged to retain the Champions League with Ortega in goal, so yeah, that was nice.

So far so good. Onto the next challenge...

Edited by The About Average Jake

3 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Well my save certainly doesn't lack top quality players as i showed above.. I think it helps i have over 200k players and almost all nations selected as playable

I never said there is a lack of top quality players, just like nobody else here.  But these issues exist. And i would bet on everything if someone does a test on your save it would show exactly what we know to be an issue for years.

39 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Maybe it depends on how many nations and players you have loaded? I see no such issue of finding plenty of top quality players... Just see below, some of the top players in my save ... If anyhting .... the regens are better than starting players... lol

image.thumb.png.498e8286657163d4e36441baf46e19ff.png

image.thumb.png.efcc07b98c9114c1e2901cb5abbf1cec.png

image.thumb.png.43dd2d0fc3e6ed601b1835e2240502f9.png

image.thumb.png.29b594ada5ecc14a8f04e0da9fa1ded7.png

image.thumb.png.5fcdadcfb8e719b5e08ffc1e8a3067c9.png

Yep, the more leagues and nations you load the better the game world tends to be. 

If you only load a few nations and leagues the issue becomes much worse. 

This is a bug report that shows how game wise certain postions quality declines over time. 

24 minutes ago, Woodg SI said:

I don't really think that's worth devoting any time on tbh. Names are names.

7 minutes ago, Cro-cop said:

I never said there is a lack of top quality players, just like nobody else here.  But these issues exist. And i would bet on everything if someone does a test on your save it would show exactly what we know to be an issue for years.

Im a big fan of long term saves..

The newgen are much better in FM23 and 24 than were in previous years.

I know that crossing fullbacks were an issue in FM22 and previous games but its much better now

12 minutes ago, robot_skeleton said:

Could you please link it? I am very bad at finding stuff.

That should be it.  In a nutshell:

• United's facilities are more highly-rated in-game than IRL public sentiment/results suggest
  • United's board expectations do not reflect the Glazers' IRL priorities, and are an idealized version of what the fanbase would like
  • United's coaching, scouting and developmental staff are overrated compared to IRL results over the last five-plus years
  • United's youth setup is overrated compared to IRL results

I bolded the one that I think is most important.  The United board in-game places an extremely high priority on internal youth development and maintenance of excellent facilities.  Since Alex Ferguson left, though, United has been more likely to prioritize signing high-reputation players, even at the cost of destabilizing the team and system.

Plus, I have a long-standing belief that the largest weakness of FM as a sports simulator (and I don't blame them at all, no one does this right) is that it is very bad at modeling bad governance and bad corporate culture.  Man United should be highly successful.  One of the reasons they're not is that their ownership uses the club as a bank, and the whole sporting hierarchy has devolved as a result.  FM isn't set up to deal with any of that.  It can only sim United's results as any club that has infinite money, good-to-great facilities and a sterling reputation, so United does well, just like every other club with similar resources and reputation does well.

Edited by Sunstrikuuu
typo

9 minutes ago, DP said:

Definitely not Messi. Below par technical attributes and 4 stars. 

Messi he isn’t. 

So you want the game to create just a clone of Messi once every 10 years? I would rather take that guy then any Messi clone.

Below par techincals? 17 dribble 19 finish, 18 technique... yea maybe passing is a bit low. But if thats below par then you will never find by any player to your liking...

1 hour ago, rich10 said:

Kubo a japanese keeper from sociedad? Whut?

take kubo is a top 5 player in liga lol, he’s a AMC

On 07/11/2023 at 15:04, Freakiie said:

Looking at my holiday save, where I do run most top leagues in full detail, total goal numbers might be a bit higher than RL (partially due to lots of added time supposedly), but overall I don't see anything too crazy.

Well Villa won the PL, that is crazy, but that wasn't the issue here right? :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.fd41e3d434a8affbdbd772b67c0644a2.png

In Spain Barcelona went pretty nuts, but nothing crazy considering how dominant Barca and Real have been at times. 104 points might be a league record though?

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.7219ac7d2b00a8080c81bfaa92b9f1a9.png

Bayern in a pretty dominant season only scoring 82 goals and nobody else hit 70 in Germany.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.8f2e5c95f37808b3267c6db509db6ab4.png

Italy looks like a pretty high scoring season, but I wouldn't say it's completely out of the ordinary, especially if you compare it with the 19/20 and 20/21 seasons.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.d5faad89c1bbd396c994b2a77b984349.png

PSG dominated France, no surprise there, but a massive drop off after their 94 goals.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.08eebe6de55d49057b0921a8a9d2e9bd.png

In the Netherlands the top 4 scores quite a bit, but after them there is a massive drop off. (Groningen got a Consortium takeover, but it must've pumped in some cash as well. :D)

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.44125c973ced74f1ba6a9ae6a9db7a91.png

And finally Portugal sees a rampant top 3, which does look a bit iffy, although 100+ goals have happened before as well.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.e13b306ced7693539907770686b6ae50.png

What was squad rotation like? 

il y a une heure, Meraklija Vujevic a dit :

en raison d'un mauvais moteur de match, j'ai dû jouer à Gegen Press !

titre instantané pas de transfert pas de changement de personnel 

j'ai joué tout en live sur mon Twitch

image.thumb.png.0080e7e216d0b8ab11d8b9ae5303a68f.pngimage.thumb.png.c28976e2cf9295edef3849cdab0298f7.pngimage.thumb.png.d55e62754428a27d65f7455d56d67af2.pngimage.thumb.png.27e01ac458b9da24afa4bc7c5ef89917.png

What is your skin please ?

21 minutes ago, andu1 said:

So you want the game to create just a clone of Messi once every 10 years? I would rather take that guy then any Messi clone.

Below par techincals? 17 dribble 19 finish, 18 technique... yea maybe passing is a bit low. But if thats below par then you will never find by any player to your liking...

Not at all, that player is just not close to Messi, like you claimed. 

“Below par” when compared to the best player of all time. 

Edited by DP

9 hours ago, Purple Bane said:

Do not understand how tactics/squad screens STILL cant remember your view even if its saved. If you even made it thorugh the lovecraftian nightmare that is even getting the columns you want to show up in the plenty of space available for them...

Auto size all columns remains baffling.

Are you using a skin?

Am I the only one who is not happy with the match day graphics?

Like the ME has improved , but almost every game is played in hazy conditions. I am in Colombia for a save , its sunny and 80 degrees and it is grey and looks like fog. 

Spoils the visual for me.

EDIT - I went to report this as a bug and somebody has already done so. There was a reply to say they are looking at improving the lighting in an update

Screenshot (39).png

Edited by Womaz

9 hours ago, robsfc said:

When I start a new career and go to select a team to manage, all leagues are greyed out apart from English leagues.  So I can only  select an English club to manage. Anyone know why?

Have you added any other leagues?

Anybody else thinks that strikers are doing bad at FM 24? I think that they score to less goals and to be honest I think that they dont get much opportunities to strike a goal (mine and SI's) for example Kane in Bundesliga only 6 goals in 12 matches, Haaland 11 in 15 and they are top scorers... 

4 minutes ago, Bobek said:

Anybody else thinks that strikers are doing bad at FM 24? I think that they score to less goals and to be honest I think that they dont get much opportunities to strike a goal (mine and SI's) for example Kane in Bundesliga only 6 goals in 12 matches, Haaland 11 in 15 and they are top scorers... 

I dont disagree, but 11 in 15 is actually pretty good for most strikers, 6 in 12 is not horrendous numbers also. I think we all get a bit blinded by the insane numbers from Haaland last season + the massive OP strikers in fm23 if they were tall, strong and fast. 

Sold a player that went away in the 31th of December.

image.thumb.png.e7fb246061c953f6cd48d91bfcf73dfb.png

I literally have to wait 1 day to be able to sign a replacement...

I really hope the entire game is being written from scratch for next year... The big mess that all this legacy code probably is, just serves to create issues after issues...

21 minutes ago, pamf said:

I dont disagree, but 11 in 15 is actually pretty good for most strikers, 6 in 12 is not horrendous numbers also. I think we all get a bit blinded by the insane numbers from Haaland last season + the massive OP strikers in fm23 if they were tall, strong and fast. 

Hirst got 40 for me in beta. Full release save he's got 17 in 17 as top scorer but the next two in the league have 16 in 21 and 14 in 17. Small sample size and not top division but more goals than real life where top scorers have 9 in 15

4 minutes ago, KamyKaze said:

Sold a player that went away in the 31th of December.

image.thumb.png.e7fb246061c953f6cd48d91bfcf73dfb.png

I literally have to wait 1 day to be able to sign a replacement...

I really hope the entire game is being written from scratch for next year... The big mess that all this legacy code probably is, just serves to create issues after issues...

Either I can't barely understand English, or neither of these answer options make any sense for the issue raised.

FM25 has to be a generational game with flawless release next year to pull SI out of this mess what they created with this version (actually since FM18). The ME is really good, but anything below that shiny surface is way too complex for anyone to understand at this point, this is why they can't fix simple bugs.

I so badly want this game to be so good, but how can I have any hope or trust in going forward with this many unsolved issues that after the Unity change it will not be even worse?