Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

42 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

The problem originates when the ball is played back to the throw in taker, who then plays a horizontal pass to a team mate who is always unmarked and is allowed to dribble into the area to score in the far corner. There is a definite sense of defenders being 'locked in' to their set piece position and not being aware of box threats.

Defenders are about as much use as subbuteo figures in this type of situation.

They're like that all the time though. To my eye defenders can only see the ball carrier - the ball going in one direction then back in the other is probably sufficient for the defensive players to reset and no longer be near the unmarked player.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Think youve both missed the point here. If you've been given the information something is done, and the information changes after the fact, there's not a lot you can do. They can't work in hindsight 

No, but now that it has happened, it could at least be acknowledged properly and removed from the official website as still being true, which at present still says:

Meiji Yasuda Insurance Ltd J1, J2 and J3 leagues will be fully unlocked and playable across all platforms, with official logos, kits and player photos all available.

The update on the SEGA website is not on the main football manager website nor is it linked to there either.

2 hours ago, MrPompey said:

Key issues appear to be, among others:

1. Significant GK injuries, appear to be above norm in real life

2. Increased number of goals scored / chances converted compared to real life, may vary across FM nations and leagues and ME detail they are played in

3. Missing circa 150 players from J-League 

4. Unwarranted squad depth complaints from squad, also causing squad unhappiness 

5.  AI sub issues

6. Player rotation / player condition

7. AI Squad building

I guess people can make their own minds up regarding waiting for potential fix resolution or starting a save but there have been a number of people advising how much they are enjoying their FM24 save as is

Whilst GD has never been a patient group I would echo Jack's comments that its best the fixes are not rushed to avoid the "Wack-A-Mole" effect as disappointing as it is for everyone wanting to commence their long term saves. It would also be worth noting that no matter how many times asked, SI are unlikely to confirm an expected date of any fixes and for us to remember "its ready when its ready" and that should be "very soon"

I would say that this is general. There are a lot of bugs at the league level for different competitions, which makes those leagues unplayable.

41 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I get exactly what you are saying but I think you've missed the point that it's better to under promise and over deliver.

Than announce something as a headline feature that is subject to possible change and it change and you look like utter twerps as a result.

Which is where we are.

I actually said yesterday that when SI announced the J-League was fully licensed they probably thought they'd got exactly that or they could negotiate for the players etc to be added before release.

Which is a mistake when you are dealing with people who are so notoriously difficult to work with basically everyone on Earth knows they are a nightmare.

Either way as I said yesterday it's an easy fix and I look forward to starting my Asian journeyman as soon as I can get a fix for this issue.

This is all hindsight though. And not a realistic way of working (assuming this is the issue) you've to trust the process youre working with and include caveats where possible. If they have been done by the third party making errors having done due digilience, I'm personally not going to hold them to account if its not their fault (again if thats the issue - this could all be irrelevant). The brevity and language in the statement suggests thats as much as they can say for now either way. 

39 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Going to suggest the fact that its written that way and on the Sega website means thats likely all they can say at the moment. 

Maybe, but they can do much more. You do understand that they just left that info into Sega official page that not many  regular users use or you posted it here where it will just another post in memory.

Why no official post on twitter, steam or even pinned thread here. Or this is talked about somewhere else? Even on the official fm site under the  feature page the first thing is J.LEAGUE MAKES LONG-AWAITED DEBUT

We all know it is seems minor thing to nag on and it would have been easily fixable with updates on main social channels.  Yeah, might be hard to negotiate with them, but then dont yell as it is big thing. What is there to lose but only gain community trust in shouting out that there is issue, "current saves dont have the league fully, we might or not get this fixed stay tuned".

It is the credibility of SI that is the issue, not the scope of the missing feature.

I am not conspiracy guy really but I have yet seen any content creator bringing it out also that looks strange. Everyone praising it as next coming of Messi. Maybe someone can point out if they have talked - I know Zealand is doing Japan save, but only look at the vidds not stream.

2 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Maybe, but they can do much more. You do understand that they just left that info into Sega official page that not many  regular users use or you posted it here where it will just another post in memory.

Why no official post on twitter, steam or even pinned thread here. Or this is talked about somewhere else? Even on the official fm site under the  feature page the first thing is J.LEAGUE MAKES LONG-AWAITED DEBUT

We all know it is seems minor thing to nag on and it would have been easily fixable with updates on main social channels.  Yeah, might be hard to negotiate with them, but then dont yell as it is big thing. What is there to lose but only gain community trust in shouting out that there is issue, "current saves dont have the league fully, we might or not get this fixed stay tuned".

It is the credibility of SI that is the issue, not the scope of the missing feature.

I am not conspiracy guy really but I have yet seen any content creator bringing it out also that looks strange. Everyone praising it as next coming of Messi. Maybe someone can point out if they have talked - I know Zealand is doing Japan save, but only look at the vidds not stream.

As ive said, the brevity,  language and location makes it feel like legal. And that will trump just about everything. I might completely wrong on that but thats my immediate instinct. 

11 minutos atrás, saihtam disse:

Not anymore. He did only for the beta. He did make a video giving 5 stars to the game, I don't if it was before or during the Japan save.  But I agree with you, it is weird.

44 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Ah, i think I misunderstood what you meant. Jumping Reach is more or less all that matters yes, since it factors in height already.

I believe this is actually how it always worked, and the UI/name was just updated to help people understand it better.

53 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

They are still connected, from the research guidelines:

"Jumping Reach defines how good a player is at reaching a ball in the air. It indicates the highest point an outfield player can reach with their head. It is not necessarily reflective of how tall a player is, but when considering their jumping ability, it makes sense to take into account the player's height. For example, a male player of 200+cm will still possess a high reach even if he is a poor jumper, while a player who measures in at 170cm will struggle to compete at the same height due to the 30cm difference in height between the two."

image.thumb.png.746671c1b254b267155d943b9a1d7504.png

If you're seeing newgens that break these guidelines in a significant way - then it should be reported as a bug.

Just out of curiosity Jack, how does it work with shorter players with surpreme jumping? Cannavaro and Zamorano could be two example of this, as they were 176 cm and 178 cm tall, yet had a jumping reach of 17 (?) or better.

3 hours ago, Skora11 said:

I must be one of the few that is very much enjoying FM24 so far. 

Or is it just the case that the noisy minority are in this thread complaining about various aspects. While some are genuine complaints (the J-League licensing) there are many that seem very unfair.

I'm really not much of a complainer generally. This year's realease is geniunely awful

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

This should have been made abundantly clear within the feature launch and/or at point of purchase.

The official purchase locations did tbf, this is on the Steam store page:

image.png.ff5d0faf74ac4c758ee707740ce98fa7.png

If you bought from somewhere like CD Keys which isn't an SI official vendor then they may not have displayed it.

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, Dacourt said:

Just out of curiosity Jack, how does it work with shorter players with surpreme jumping? Cannavaro and Zamorano could be two example of this, as they were 176 cm and 178 cm tall, yet had a jumping reach of 17 (?) or better.

It should be factored in to the jumping, so even though they're exceptional jumpers, because of their height their actual 'jumping reach' would still be lower than it would for someone who's really tall.

11 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

If you bought from somewhere like CD Keys which isn't an SI official vendor then they may not have displayed it.

Not on the Fanatical website (which is where I got it and is an official vendor). Also do we know how long that snippet has been there?

23 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

Fair enough, although I purchased from Fanatical and I don’t remember seeing this, I’d also argue that from a compliance point of view that the prominence of that message is much less prominent (and not in the same visibility space) as the colourful feature reveal creative.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon as no one is benefiting from this current situation. :)

Edited by stevemc

16 hours ago, Dotsworthy said:

Surely he would not come through the youth ranks as a natural CB, but as a DM/WB. That is my point.

My best position was CB and I played it until I was 16. I am 5'6. 

Besides if you play 3 at the back you could get away with someone shorter if you played them as a Libero. It might be unconventional but the game would be boring if players could only be comprised of a small set of templates. This guy is like a shorter version of Cruyff probably play him like that.

Hi there,

Long time fan, first time commenter.

Just curious about the changes that were made to the full release from the beta. The match engine seems a little different to me. In the beta my team were creating and scoring some fantastic goals. The team pressed really well. Watching them play and move was really enjoyable. It made for a truly unpredictable experience, like watching real football. But since then I've noticed the following

1. My player's long shots miss every time. If I'm lucky they hit the post. 
2. A lot more shots off target as well. Could be due to better AI defending.
3. AI defenders block a lot of crosses.
4. Players shoot with less power most of the time unless it's off target. 
5. My Winger doesn't cut inside anymore. I loved Wingers in the beta. They were so good but now all he does is run wide with the ball, despite my instructions. 
6. Still a lot of offsides. Not disallowed goals. Just offsides.

I've tweaked my tactic and I'm still doing well and scoring a lot, I just don't feel as immersed in the matches as I did in the beta. Still loving the game though. Had a VAR review for a red card last night which blew my mind. 

Interesting finding. If you play in the mode where transfers happen on the date they did in real life, so you have someone leaving for free or transfer. If you demote them to B or U squad, they will become unhappy and no talk will help with it. Even as they are leaving in coming weeks or month :)

Edit:
Aa some of them have contracts to 2025 even when they are leaving for free transfer in few weeks... Will update and make bug report if they for some reason stay in limbo because of this.

As QA team lead, I am ashamed seeing this :/ probably it is somewhere in the backlog to be fixed soon.

Edited by saihtam

Still seeing a stagnation when it comes to non-playing staff, with clubs keep previous manager's staffs long after they've left (if they didn't leave at the same time as the manager). There doesn't seem to be any active recruitment to make the coaching staff better, especially after promotions. I'm not even sure AI teams expand the number of coaches they have available. 

Seems to be a problem with assistant manager teamtalks. I've just started my save, and set the assistant manager to manage all of my friendlies.

Half the squad have now fallen out with me and moral has taken a big hit, as they are upset with how I have handled a half-time team talk - which I didn't give.

Untitled.png

34 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Seems to be a problem with assistant manager teamtalks. I've just started my save, and set the assistant manager to manage all of my friendlies.

Half the squad have now fallen out with me and moral has taken a big hit, as they are upset with how I have handled a half-time team talk - which I didn't give.

Untitled.png

I've had the same thing as I generally don't bother with the league Cup because I'm I just don't care about it but on 2 saves it's backfired with the squad unhappy about the team talk 

12 minutes ago, craiigman said:

Not on the Fanatical website (which is where I got it and is an official vendor). Also do we know how long that snippet has been there?

I know there was a disclaimer there following the announcement of the J-League around 20th October, because it wasn't long after that I bought a copy to gift to a friend for their birthday, and it was there then.

2 hours ago, krkyseventwo said:

I do see big score lines often in game but there’s crazy results far more often now IRL so this isn’t an issue for me. It’s certainly not something that has caught my attention to the point I think it’s an issue that needs resolved. 

It does when it's the majority of games for all teams over a season. Stop looking at the scorelines (yes crazy ones happen, seeing a 0-0 and a 1-0 however shouldn't make your mouth drop which it does in FM24) and look at the total amount of goals

Edited by Domoboy23

3 minuti fa, Cro-cop ha scritto:

Of course i cant speak for other people, but i can guess the frustration for certain people (myself included) comes from false advertising that, as much as i can remember, started few years ago. AI squad building, AI transfer, improved match lighting, J league. All of these were treated as HEADLINE FEATURES. And non of it works. If you add stuff from previous years, like dynamic youth rating that never actually worked, i can understand frustration

You got exactly the point… dynamic youth development :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

Untitled.png

Is this game breaking nonsense still around? Why? I'm glad I'm still editing the database and not playing. Sometimes, OCD pays off. :p

Edited by Viking
Spell right, you muppet.

I've been playing a little with Sporting and I've had two instances where two players whose contracts end in 2025 and 2026 (2 and 3 years time) coming to ask to renew and refusing to accept to speak about it at the end of the season. So now I have them angry and the rest of the squad are bothering me as well. This shouldn't happen, right?

56 minutes ago, Iakovenko said:

What kind of a defensive set up is this? 3 of my players just left unmarked on one side, obviously my freekick taker gave them as much attention as the defence did.

20231108_160013.jpg

I have noticed this. Mine was more at an angle. I was begging the free kick taker to take advantage and make a simple pass that puts the attacker clear through for a 1v1.
Of course my free kick taker chose to shoot at the keeper side for a simple catch.  

5 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

I have noticed this. Mine was more at an angle. I was begging the free kick taker to take advantage and make a simple pass that puts the attacker clear through for a 1v1.
Of course my free kick taker chose to shoot at the keeper side for a simple catch.  

It seems you have 9 men involved in the attacking free kick including the taker and because they have what looks like 5 men in the wall you have 3 men unmarked. This would be an interesting ploy for attacking free kicks ;) 

Player unhappiness is just crazy. I have  a player with SLT next to his name because he wants to leave because of the interest showed in him. The reason there's even any interest in him is because I've hired an intermediary to get rid of him and have accepted every bid that's been made. Wasn't unhappy before I tried to get rid of him, isn't unhappy because I tried to get rid of him but unhappy because the transfer hasn't gone through yet which is completely out of my control.

12 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

It seems you have 9 men involved in the attacking free kick including the taker and because they have what looks like 5 men in the wall you have 3 men unmarked. This would be an interesting ploy for attacking free kicks ;) 

I have no idea. When I noticed it was just the 1 player completely free rather than 3, but was ignored anyway. 
the first instance I saw it, the pass was made and it was a simple goal - which made me gasp because I instantly thought “set piece coach!” In amazement.

cant say I’ve seen often though. Or at least haven’t noticed it.  

36 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

The annoying thing about this for me as an ipswich fan comes from last night's game. We played a corner to the edge of the box and Morsy popped it top bag. McKenna was asked after the game if that was straight from the training ground, he said no, "we work on things but players have agency to take the opportunities that appear in the game"(paraphrased) and had that situation arose last night I 100%  believe we'd have played in one of those 3 players

16 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

He's a natural left midfielder and an accomplished AML.  I think the position most affected is fullback.

He's a natural left back. He has more stars at left back than in midfield.

image.thumb.png.d261e7fb3532ae2b694d492a96a0f39d.png

Just a feeling: long shots seem a bit OP this year? My U21 left back is scoring screamers in preseason against teams similar to my stature. 

Anyway, curious to see if it's just me.