Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, astrocreep2000 said:

I'm hopeful of a patch ASAP really. I've been locked out of my save that I was really enjoying due to the adding leagues bug. Don't want to start a new one, so just kind of waiting.

Same

I’ve loaded a new Save with other teams but just can’t get into a second save :stop:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not understand how tactics/squad screens STILL cant remember your view even if its saved. If you even made it thorugh the lovecraftian nightmare that is even getting the columns you want to show up in the plenty of space available for them...

Auto size all columns remains baffling.

Edited by Purple Bane

Copa Libertadores final result - I won 10-2

image.thumb.png.c2577c42b57da7738980cdd3c613144e.png

This is a perfectly balanced game that is no way riddled with bugged AI that is completed skewed in favour of the human player.

The fact I played against a team of greyed out players in the final of the most prestigious competition in South America is in no way linked to all the top Brazilian sides getting knocked out due to a lack of subs and rotation.

Edited by rdbayly

6 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Copa Libertadores final result - I won 10-2

image.thumb.png.c2577c42b57da7738980cdd3c613144e.png

This is a perfectly balanced game that is no way riddled with bugged AI that is completed skewed in favour of the human player.

The fact I played against a team of greyed out players in the final of the most prestigious competition in South America is in no way linked to all the top Brazilian sides getting knocked out due to a lack of subs and rotation.

Why didnt you load all the players from South America for your save? If im doing a south american save, im loading all the players from that continent

1 minute ago, andu1 said:

Why didnt you load all the players from South America for your save? If im doing a south american save, im loading all the players from that continent

It's a worldwide save so already have the whole of Europe loaded. I also loaded the whole of Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Columbia and Mexico.

My bad for forgetting those giants of Paraguay.

These are my results from UCL in my save... No  high scoring games and the element of surprise is still there...

Won against Arsenal, Atletico, Newcastle and lost to Celtic at home...

image.png.dcd580a7c292985afed83f422aad793b.png

Edited by andu1

9 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

To tag on cause this is a feedback thread after all.

8. Mentoring is flawed we are getting clones of players showing similar hidden attributes after being welcomed.

9. Training and development might be borked while some players are developing well. I have noticed some players hitting their PA in less than 5 seasons. This might be by design as others seem to be a bit slower, but a lot of the gains seem to be focused on mental and physical attributes. There can be drops in technical attributes or stalls there.  A save by me was uploaded and it’s something I am paying a lot of attention to.

10. I am scoring bangers from outside the area and conceding dodgy throw in goals when up against systems that play wide with wingers. There does seem to be a lot of highlights that start as a throw in and finish as a goal for either me or the AI.

11. On imported saves you can sometimes end up playing on 3D and both teams have the same coloured jerseys. If you check 2d, the colors are contrasted red and white, On 3D both are white.

Throw ins are an issue for as long as I can remember. I don't know why there isn't more talk about this. Teams don't know how to defend these. They are more dangerous than corners

1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

I was going to ask that. It updated for me when I fired up the game about 8 hours ago. Anyone know what the "patch" (as it is labeled on Steam) does.?

Just a small update related to adboards.

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I was going to ask that. It updated for me when I fired up the game about 8 hours ago. Anyone know what the "patch" (as it is labeled on Steam) does.?

It was small so probably just terms and conditions upgrade . 

It seems to me so far that morale snowball from good form has been toned down? 

I am top of my league in 3rd division with a 10 point advantage in April, and have gone 10 games unbeaten. Yet my players' morale is on yellowish-green, not excellent as previous FMs

Could somebody else confirm this from their saves?

59 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

I must be one of the few that is very much enjoying FM24 so far. 

Or is it just the case that the noisy minority are in this thread complaining about various aspects. While some are genuine complaints (the J-League licensing) there are many that seem very unfair.

I'm enjoying it.

Despite the issues...most of which are listed below.

With the squad depth mutinies being by far the most annoying and noticeable so far for me as they make very little sense most of the time.

But nothing that I can't wait for a patch to fix.

30 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Key issues appear to be, among others:

1. Significant GK injuries, appear to be above norm in real life

2. Increased number of goals scored / chances converted compared to real life, may vary across FM nations and leagues and ME detail they are played in

3. Missing circa 150 players from J-League 

4. Unwarranted squad depth complaints from squad, also causing squad unhappiness 

5.  AI sub issues

6. Player rotation / player condition

7. AI Squad building

I guess people can make their own minds up regarding waiting for potential fix resolution or starting a save but there have been a number of people advising how much they are enjoying their FM24 save as is

Whilst GD has never been a patient group I would echo Jack's comments that its best the fixes are not rushed to avoid the "Wack-A-Mole" effect as disappointing as it is for everyone wanting to commence their long term saves. It would also be worth noting that no matter how many times asked, SI are unlikely to confirm an expected date of any fixes and for us to remember "its ready when its ready" and that should be "very soon"

35 minutes ago, Mitza said:

It seems to me so far that morale snowball from good form has been toned down? 

I am top of my league in 3rd division with a 10 point advantage in April, and have gone 10 games unbeaten. Yet my players' morale is on yellowish-green, not excellent as previous FMs

Could somebody else confirm this from their saves?

Con't confirm because I didn't test it properly but it seems that losing streaks also don't have as strong effect as before. It is easier to get back on track.

1 hour ago, Skora11 said:

I must be one of the few that is very much enjoying FM24 so far. 

Or is it just the case that the noisy minority are in this thread complaining about various aspects. While some are genuine complaints (the J-League licensing) there are many that seem very unfair.

Im enjoying it mostly but its not fair to say people are loudmouths for complaining about the likes of the amount of goals being scored, AI using hardly any subs during a game, the player unhappiness. For me the game is all about immersion, the thing i am finding most annoying is the sheer amount of corners giving, ive had over 20 in a few games in the scottish lower leagues

Goalkeeper injuries just hit

14th Feb - backup goalkeeper injured in training with strained ankle ligaments - out for 4 weeks
15th Feb - main goalkeeper broken hand catching a cross in game - out for 6 weeks

Third time in 6 months that my main goalkeeper has been injured catching a cross, broken finger, damaged neck and now broken hand

Liked it at the start of the beta that goalkeepers now get injured but this all seems a little excessive to me.

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

To tag on cause this is a feedback thread after all.

8. Mentoring is flawed we are getting clones of players showing similar hidden attributes after being welcomed.

9. Training and development might be borked while some players are developing well. I have noticed some players hitting their PA in less than 5 seasons. This might be by design as others seem to be a bit slower, but a lot of the gains seem to be focused on mental and physical attributes. There can be drops in technical attributes or stalls there.  A save by me was uploaded and it’s something I am paying a lot of attention to.

10. I am scoring bangers from outside the area and conceding dodgy throw in goals when up against systems that play wide with wingers. There does seem to be a lot of highlights that start as a throw in and finish as a goal for either me or the AI.

11. On imported saves you can sometimes end up playing on 3D and both teams have the same coloured jerseys. If you check 2d, the colors are contrasted red and white, On 3D both are white.

No. 10 is an absolute annoyance of mine. More than 50% of my key highlights that leads to goals are from short throw-ins followed by a few passes into the box.

10 minutes ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Hey all,

Thank you for your feedback so far. Please find an update on licensing here and look out for further update information coming soon.

Thanks

I mean it's nice to have something, but that barely counts as something. Not even an apology for the delay or anything of the sort. That's not even acknowledging the fact they weren't ready to begin with. Is this also saying that the missing 150-200 players from the J League won't be added at all or?

Edited by craiigman

8 minutes ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Hey all,

Thank you for your feedback so far. Please find an update on licensing here and look out for further update information coming soon.

Thanks

How about updating us on when the broken mess that is the Argentinian league will be fixed. I feel like I am losing my mind, it's not been mentioned much on this thread but this is literally the most broken thing in the game right now, you quite literally cannot play a save in Argentina and it's two days POST release.

14 minutos atrás, Dan Sheppard disse:

Hey all,

Thanks

I mean... You guys basically said what Miles answered on that tweet but with formal words.

You are a big company. You should be doing better acknowledging this situation.

Nice to see this thread is as calm and composed as ever.

I have to say that it feels like a particularly rough release with the bugs around. Personally I don't feel like I can play it at the moment, mostly because I am waiting for the database updates to be implemented which will require a restart anyway. So I can't really recommend it in its current state.

That said, some of the responses are very over the top implying that they'd be happy releasing the game with major issues and aren't working frantically to fix things. I skipped FM23 but compared to FM22, I think the improvements to the game are a big step up. The game itself is really solid, the match engine looks fun and I'm enjoying the small features. Once they fix the bugs it'll be a great instalment, I just have to wait impatiently for that day.

So current review is negative but once it gets a bit more polish, I think it will be fantastic.

16 minutes ago, rwidodo said:

No. 10 is an absolute annoyance of mine. More than 50% of my key highlights that leads to goals are from short throw-ins followed by a few passes into the box.

The problem originates when the ball is played back to the throw in taker, who then plays a horizontal pass to a team mate who is always unmarked and is allowed to dribble into the area to score in the far corner. There is a definite sense of defenders being 'locked in' to their set piece position and not being aware of box threats.

Defenders are about as much use as subbuteo figures in this type of situation.

13 minutes ago, craiigman said:

I mean it's nice to have something, but that barely counts as something. Not even an apology for the delay or anything of the sort. That's not even acknowledging the fact they weren't ready to begin with. Is this also saying that the missing 150-200 players from the J League won't be added at all or?

Would also like to add, and think I will just leave it here after this since clearly not getting any actual meaningful communication on the subject. But simply adding an asterix on the initial annoucement or even the current website that still has no mention of there being any issues with the licenses btw, just saying something like "J League Data will be correct up until X date" or "some logos/badges/faces may not be available at launch, but will be added at a later date" would actually be completely fine. BUT you are still advertising it as fully licensed including all the graphics, which is factually incorrect and misleading.

Like if the state it's currently in was the expectation I would be over the moon with what we have honestly. Fine it's not the most up to date data, but at least the leagues are in! But this is a mess, and the response, or lack of one really, to it is even worse.

22 minutes ago, craiigman said:

From the wording it would appear they won't be adding the missing players as they don't have the license to do so.

Which surely they must have known prior to making the announcement that the league was being added fully licensed, or they didn't know and this was sprung on them either way it makes them look amateurish.

Still an easy enough fix now we know they aren't being added.

I highly suspect we won't be seeing the J-League next season what a mess.

Edited by kiwityke1983

13 hours ago, nimbleshadow said:

It is weird with regens, height - jumping reach - heading are very disconnected. Those three attributes should be more dependent on each other.

Height and Jumping were originally interconnected, but to make it simpler they changed it to jumping reach. Height dictates a newgens initial jumping reach and the min/max it can get to.

13 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

From the wording it would appear they won't be adding the missing players as they don't have the license to do so.

Which surely they must have known prior to making the announcement that the league was being added fully licensed, or they didn't know and this was sprung on them either way it makes them look amateurish.

Still an easy enough fix now we know they aren't being added.

I highly suspect we won't be seeing the J-League next season what a mess.

No-one outside of SI has any idea what the real story is at this point, and I suspect that "real" story is one that can't be told, like others have said.  The most believable given what we do know (Japanese licenses and approach to them is very difficult) is probably that when the feature announcements were made, everything was on track.  They hadn't received the licenses, but there was nothing pointing to the fact that they wouldn't by release.  The question then is whether they had confirmation that it wouldn't be available by the release, or whether it was one of those things where they were just hearing absolutely nothing, so it could arrive in a couple of hours, or never.  

Should they have said something prior to release given this?  Probably.  But attributing some malicious edge to it doesn't seem particularly fair (unsurprising though, given the absolute heads gone a lot of people are having).  Relying on an external party - particularly one that is known to work a fair bit differently - and then having the rug pulled isn't necessarily amateurish.  They wanted the license, plenty of others did, so they went for it.  And they've been burned.  The bit we can hold them to account for though is the next few weeks and how they'll react to it.  

Simming the intra-squad friendly ( after you enter the match and press the whistle icon on the custom skins) causes the game to be stuck on "Processing' forever, which means you can't save the game, and can only quit at that point.

image.png.8e1d18bade1f8f676e156ee516d2c38f.pngimage.png.8e1d18bade1f8f676e156ee516d2c38f.png

1 minute ago, dℍaisa said:

Simming the intra-squad friendly ( after you enter the match and press the whistle icon on the custom skins) causes the game to be stuck on "Processing' forever, which means you can't save the game, and can only quit at that point.

image.png.8e1d18bade1f8f676e156ee516d2c38f.pngimage.png.8e1d18bade1f8f676e156ee516d2c38f.png

This is a feature of the WTS skin and isn't normally enabled in Vanilla FM. Try shift + enter and see if it moves forward.

3 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

This is a feature of the WTS skin and isn't normally enabled in Vanilla FM. Try shift + enter and see if it moves forward.

almost all skins have the feature of simming; it worked in fm23.

Edited by dℍaisa

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

No-one outside of SI has any idea what the real story is at this point, and I suspect that "real" story is one that can't be told, like others have said.  The most believable given what we do know (Japanese licenses and approach to them is very difficult) is probably that when the feature announcements were made, everything was on track.  They hadn't received the licenses, but there was nothing pointing to the fact that they wouldn't by release.  The question then is whether they had confirmation that it wouldn't be available by the release, or whether it was one of those things where they were just hearing absolutely nothing, so it could arrive in a couple of hours, or never.  

Should they have said something prior to release given this?  Probably.  But attributing some malicious edge to it doesn't seem particularly fair (unsurprising though, given the absolute heads gone a lot of people are having).  Relying on an external party - particularly one that is known to work a fair bit differently - and then having the rug pulled isn't necessarily amateurish.  They wanted the license, plenty of others did, so they went for it.  And they've been burned.  The bit we can hold them to account for though is the next few weeks and how they'll react to it.  

To make something a headline feature you haven't actually gotten signed off fully from the respective rights holders is absolute amateur hour I'm sorry it just is.

Especially knowing that the people you are negotiating with are notorious for being difficult to work with.

They should have announced the league as an additional playable league as the headline feature then only announced it was fully licensed if/when they'd gotten the league to actually sign off on it.

People would have been just as excited at the news the J-League was playable

As it is it's easily fixed so no big deal to me but SI are getting roasted here and on Reddit.

2 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

To make something a headline feature you haven't actually gotten signed off fully from the respective rights holders is absolute amateur hour I'm sorry it just is.

Especially knowing that the people you are negotiating with are notorious for being difficult to work with.

They should have announced the league as an additional playable league as the headline feature then only announced it was fully licensed if/when they'd gotten the league to actually sign off on it.

People would have been just as excited at the news the J-League was playable

As it is it's easily fixed so no big deal to me but SI are getting roasted here and on Reddit.

Sign offs can change. Anyone who has worked in licensing can tell you that. Especially if you're at the mercy of the other party, and they havent got their ducks in a row. Licensing is notoriously expensive, extremely slow, complicated, prone to change and potentially litigious, and that's at the best of times

6 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

They are still connected, from the research guidelines:

Ah I didn't know that! From previous threads on here I was under the impression that as far as the match engine was concerned it took into account just jumping reach now.

So a 6"4 player with 15 Jumping reach would be more likely to lose out to a 6"5 player with 15 Jumping reach?

Edited by Dotsworthy

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Sign offs can change. Anyone who has worked in licensing can tell you that. Especially if you're at the mercy of the other party, and they havent got their ducks in a row. Licensing is notoriously expensive, extremely slow, complicated, prone to change and potentially litigious, and that's at the best of times

This is probably why SI shouldn't have said the J League was fully licensed.

54 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Which is why you don't announce anything as a headline feature of your product until you are triple sure they are signed off and in the product surely.

Especially when dealing with people as notoriously difficult as the Japanese football authorities.

People would have been extremely excited at the J-League is playable.

Anything beyond that would have been a bonus and probably the conversation here would be very different and possibly even dare I say positive.

54 minutes ago, RHKC said:

This is probably why SI shouldn't have said the J League was fully licensed.

Think youve both missed the point here. If you've been given the information something is done or will be done, and the information changes after the fact, there's not a lot you can do. They can't work in hindsight 

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

Ah I didn't know that! From previous threads on here I was under the impression that as far as the match engine was concerned it took into account just jumping reach now.

So a 6"4 player with 15 Jumping reach would be more likely to lose out to a 6"5 player with 15 Jumping reach?

Ah, i think I misunderstood what you meant. Jumping Reach is more or less all that matters yes, since it factors in height already.

I believe this is actually how it always worked, and the UI/name was just updated to help people understand it better.