Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

19 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Maybe although I think it's probably a bit more innocent than that. I think SI are a bit of an old school company trying to fit in with a modern gaming space and early access is the current buzz word. 

They've never liked patch notes because they don't want you reading what is essentially a bug list. In their eyes the less the player knows about what's going on under the hood the better.

That being said plenty of actual early access games launch with massive patch notes, and people like it.  BG3 will likely be game of the year and Larian are a shining light at the moment. They actually enjoy talking with their community. Not just a bunch of access journalist/youtube types.

Fact - You never get patch notes with final release.

True-  expectation was on key beta issues raised to be resolved but clearly what is required to fix them could upset the good and encourage the bad. That's the dilemma. Its still only release day, if change is to happen its unlikely to be soon but that's probably a good thing if we dont want a fix to one element that causes regression else where? Best positive move is to raise bugs with saves to highlight issues and enable recreation of the issue. Its not like this is our first FM release day gig

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

Mitoma signed a new contract at Brighton on 20th October, this still isn't reflected in game?

Database lock down before this. Maybe edit the start game data if its going to cause an issue for you

What was the point of allowing us to carry over FM23 saves but then locking us out from Steam Achievements?

Wasn't the whole point of this to allow us to not have to slog through the long start-over process and carry on the teams we have built?

Seem like it just forces players who want their achievements to start over.

19 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Yes, that all seems normal to me. 

Also, what is your total injuries compared to projected injuries? That will show at the top of the 2nd screenshot you shared. #

EDIT - Also, 5 major injuries in a season, none of which is more than 6 weeks long is far from excessive. The vast majority of clubs in real life would have similar, if not more. 

i've never had the quantity in any previous FM/CM. its one every week or two. might be worse as im running a beta save still?

i rest the players as much as possible and never play anyone with a heavy match load or increased risk of injury

these are since moving from the beta tonight!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.afc9e6772837f614933a76cddb9476e2.png

image.thumb.png.46c0c44b0a60b5ba568e43a5bb1112ba.png

Edited by Carninho

Goalkeeper injuries probably were overtuned but my football manager teams often have less injuries than the real thing.

I actually keep a smaller squad than average but play with regular rotation. Not got any data behind it but I tend not to get any crazy injury crisis.

14 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Fact - You never get patch notes with final release.

True-  expectation was on key beta issues raised to be resolved but clearly what is required to fix them could upset the good and encourage the bad. That's the dilemma. Its still only release day, if change is to happen its unlikely to be soon but that's probably a good thing if we dont want a fix to one element that causes regression else where? Best positive move is to raise bugs with saves to highlight issues and enable recreation of the issue. Its not like this is our first FM release day gig

Haven't they said in the opening post, fixes coming very soon?

7 minutes ago, r33Cy said:

What was the point of allowing us to carry over FM23 saves but then locking us out from Steam Achievements?

Wasn't the whole point of this to allow us to not have to slog through the long start-over process and carry on the teams we have built?

I never cared about steam achievements, Are they a big deal? Does it matter?

1 hour ago, Eoin Maguire said:

The one thing with this game, even on full release that is grinding my gears is the clinicalness of the AI. It doesn't matter what team you play, elite or amateur, if the AI get even a small bit of momentum they will more often then not score, often with their first shot on target and way too often do they finish the game scoring most if not all their shots on target. It happens way too frequently and if its not addressed in some way to try and balance the game it will be game breaking for many people. 

The game is easy enough as it is. This doesn't need fixing.

Edited by SPE3D

Does anyone else have a problem regarding the pre-game editor ?  I installed both the game and the editor on the same drive but everytime I try to open it I get the error as shown in the attachment. I tried re-installing, updating GPU drivers etc. but nothing seems to work.  It is the same with the resoursce archiver. The game runs fine, but I can't seem to fix the pre-game editor.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Haldirize

8 minutes ago, cris182 said:

I never cared about steam achievements, Are they a big deal? Does it matter?

To each their own really; not because it doesn't matter to you should it be ignored/looked down on.

I quite like achievements, seeing how well I've gone on and what I've been able to do compared to the previous FMs.

I'm sure there would be other players quite keen on carrying on their saves and unlocking achievements too but have to pick between them now.

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, Haldirize said:

Does anyone else have a problem regarding the pre-game editor ?  I installed both the game and the editor on the same drive but everytime I try to open it I get the error as shown in the attachment. I tried re-installing, updating GPU drivers etc. but nothing seems to work.  It is the same with the resoursce archiver. The game runs fine, but I can't seem to fix the pre-game editor.

Screenshot_1.png

This looks like it would be worth creating a support ticket via this link: https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360003117678

It will allow for a bit more bespoke troubleshooting based on the editor itself.

22 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Not with SI, that's for sure.

Other studios absolutely have launched their formerly in early access games with patch notes. Of course early access can mean plenty of things, be it 3 days early access you spend an extra £20, what SI have done on or a game that's been in early access for years and people have already bought, been playing and even helped guide development.

You know what I liked?  I liked the Baldur's Gate 3 process.  Act 1 (of three total) was in early access for -- two years?  maybe three? something like that.  Every patch had detailed release notes.  The move from Early Access to release had patch notes.  The four big patches that have been released since the game came out in August have had patch notes that are so long they don't fit in Steam.  They only give you the highlights there; they're over the allowed character limit.  You have to go to the website.

1 minute ago, Michael Sant said:

This looks like it would be worth creating a support ticket via this link: https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360003117678

It will allow for a bit more bespoke troubleshooting based on the editor itself.

I already contacted the support and tried their solutions but the problem still persists. FM 23 pre-game editor worked without issues on the same rig and OS so I really don't know how to fix this.

The way goals go into the net in this match engine is extremely satisfying, and a wide range of new animations to support that too makes it better. I love the little near post crosses where the striker flicks it off his head into the ground and over the line. That's a goal you never saw on FM before. 

3 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Does he need to be registered?  I mean not like is he good enough or whatever, but in prior versions there was a bug where players who didn't need to be registered in order to play would sometimes get upset that they weren't registered.

No I chose not to register him. I think he's 22 but it's a superstar squad.

He is a squad player and wasn't guaranteed to be part of the CL squad. Seems wrong that the half my superstar team is livid about some no name squad player not being registered. 

If I gave him playing time of regular starter then I'd understand.

Edited by whatsupdoc

1 hour ago, Haldirize said:

Screenshot_1.png

I just want to say that I fixed it. There was a difference regarding the names of the folders where the game and the pre-game editor were installed. One is called "FM24pregameeditor" and the other is "FootballManager24". Those are the default names that the Epic Games installer gives to installation directories so  every time I opened the editor the path in "special folders" .xml file pointed to an "FM24" folder that did not exist. So in Notepad I changed the path to "FootballManager24" folder and now everything is working fine.  If anyone is having the same issue just open the "special folders" .xml file in the folder where your pre-game editor is installed via notepad and change the "FM24" path to  "FootballManager24". You can use the "replace" option in Notepad so you don't need to manually replace every word.

• SI Staff
54 minutes ago, Haldirize said:

I just want to say that I fixed it. There was a difference regarding the names of the folders where the game and the pre-game editor were installed. One is called "FM24pregameeditor" and the other is "FootballManager24". Those are the default names that the Epic Games installer gives to installation directories so  every time I opened the editor the path in "special folders" .xml file pointed to an "FM24" folder that did not exist. So in Notepad I changed the path to "FootballManager24" folder and now everything is working fine.  If anyone is having the same issue just open the "special folders" .xml file in the folder where your pre-game editor is installed via notepad and change the "FM24" path to  "FootballManager24". You can use the "replace" option in Notepad so you don't need to manually replace every word.

Thanks for coming back and sharing this, I'll get this looked into on our side during the office hours.

There needs to be a "we use squad rotation at this club". Meaning player X will play the big games, but be rested more then a "key/important/regular starter" would. 

This isn't the same as being a "squad player".

Edited by whatsupdoc

5 hours ago, stevemc said:

Apologies if I've missed this on your Socials or something, but is there an ETA on when the Japan licensing will be fully rolled out then, as that was a pretty big selling point and feature for FM24, so presumably it can't be far off if it should have been including for launch today? It's still being adverting on the FM website now too: https://www.footballmanager.com/features

image.png.a1168a4679bf48203dfc0a57c5b40a1a.png

I've just read this elsewhere:

If you're wondering why lots of players are missing from the Japan leagues such as Gaku Shibasaki, Marcos Junior and Juan Mata it's because Japan is missing around 150 players in FM24 due to licensing reasons.

It's from a post where an attempt to add them to the game is offered.

4 hours ago, greenz81 said:
image.thumb.png.0ad8ed6078d0c0586c46de4f92ca7db7.png
Only the game breaking bugs were fixed.

My opinion on this is that there should not even have early access anymore. FM is getting more and more complicated and as a common player we do think everything can and must be fixed when in reality it's not even possible. It would save the time and mental health of SI and players if there wasn't this huge bug reporting (and handling) chaos. 

8 hours ago, Carninho said:

1 more game on and 

image.thumb.png.7f9110374d32e7584800d9d06f2c53e9.png

I thought this also after two weeks of early access, with 4-6 players continuously out.  Then I remembered I support Chelsea and they average 7-10 players out IRL, so I'm ahead!  Please don't up the injuries in game though, they are common enough to be in-game frustrating, but not over the top.

5 hours ago, stevemc said:

Apologies if I've missed this on your Socials or something, but is there an ETA on when the Japan licensing will be fully rolled out then, as that was a pretty big selling point and feature for FM24, so presumably it can't be far off if it should have been including for launch today? It's still being adverting on the FM website now too: https://www.footballmanager.com/features

image.png.a1168a4679bf48203dfc0a57c5b40a1a.png

scam move i must say 

19 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

My opinion on this is that there should not even have early access anymore. FM is getting more and more complicated and as a common player we do think everything can and must be fixed when in reality it's not even possible. It would save the time and mental health of SI and players if there wasn't this huge bug reporting (and handling) chaos. 

I went back and looked at FM 20 and 21 to see the dev cycle. There were release day updates although both games were released closer to the end of the month. That kind of coincides with their pre-winter update patch that has been happening the last few years. Some of the issues may have been known and worked on prior to beta release in 20 and 21. I can understand people thinking things will be changed for release but 3 weeks is not nearly enough time to review, test/reproduce, fix, QA fix, merge, QA merge, and release for a game of this scale and complexity. I'd like to think they're targeting a late Nov/early Dec patch for the high priority items.

I think the beta is invaluable research time for them to get a large swath of user behavior feedback to prioritize bugs much sooner and ensure the game is working as intended upon release. I'd hate for them to stop a beta release because a few people here use it as an opportunity to take cheap shots at the developers while contributing nothing in terms of concrete feedback or bug reports.

I was hoping with the extra transparency and road maps that were introduced for the game's launch we would get a list of what has changed and what hasn't between early access and the full launch. At least that would save the constant questions and we'd get an update on the issues acknowledged by SI during early access.

Taken a break from FM since FM19. Just downloaded the FM24 demo from Steam based on some positive reviews I've read.

Loaded up a Quick Save and created my Profile - Sunday League experience, no Badges - start Unemployed and holiday till current date.

Holiday ends and Immediately I'm asked by a SkySports journalist my thoughts on the pressure Ten Hag is under at Man United and if I might be interested in the job if it were available. 

Uh, what?!?

The next few days of Continuing are constant media questions about vacant managerial roles - at all levels.

1) Is there any way this barrage of questions can be turned off?

2) How hard can it be to make these contextual based on your selected experience level? I get that these can easily be ignored/ declined, but considering FM strives for realism above all else, to me this is a small thing that totally destroys immersion in starting a save at the lowest level

Eventually I'm approached by a National League North team about their vacant position - they "are impressed with my record" apparently - despite the fact I've never worked in football before. I didn't get the job. That's more like it!

10 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

I think the beta is invaluable research time for them to get a large swath of user behavior feedback to prioritize bugs much sooner and ensure the game is working as intended upon release. I'd hate for them to stop a beta release because a few people here use it as an opportunity to take cheap shots at the developers while contributing nothing in terms of concrete feedback or bug reports.

Yeah I guess there must be something beneficial for them to go through **** loads of stuff coming from frustrated users. I'm still worried how playing incomplete version year after year will affect user bases ability to see this game as a game when they spent their time thinking bugs and how those wasn't fixed. I intentionally stay away watching ME too closely nowadays because it really corrupts your ability to enjoy this game.

13 minutes ago, AlexJames said:

Taken a break from FM since FM19. Just downloaded the FM24 demo from Steam based on some positive reviews I've read.

Loaded up a Quick Save and created my Profile - Sunday League experience, no Badges - start Unemployed and holiday till current date.

Holiday ends and Immediately I'm asked by a SkySports journalist my thoughts on the pressure Ten Hag is under at Man United and if I might be interested in the job if it were available. 

Uh, what?!?

The next few days of Continuing are constant media questions about vacant managerial roles - at all levels.

1) Is there any way this barrage of questions can be turned off?

2) How hard can it be to make these contextual based on your selected experience level? I get that these can easily be ignored/ declined, but considering FM strives for realism above all else, to me this is a small thing that totally destroys immersion in starting a save at the lowest level

Eventually I'm approached by a National League North team about their vacant position - they "are impressed with my record" apparently - despite the fact I've never worked in football before. I didn't get the job. That's more like it!

Delegate press and tunnel conferences  to your assistant via the Staff, Responsibilities menu

After three league games (yes, I know it's a small sample), my league results were 4-0. 4-0 and 5-0. In every game I scored 1 goal from a penalty and 2 from corners (my set-peace coach deals with set pieces). Does anyone else have the feeling that corners are a bit overpowered?

But the matches are really great to look at and the speed is really nice and smooth.

Took over Dulwich Hamlet at the start of the second season. Within 3 weeks I have 8 players unhappy at me because they asked for new contracts and instead of just rolling over and giving it to them, I challenged them to earn it.

6 hours ago, r33Cy said:

Because it's a different game with different achievements. How would you propose to carry over achievements? That would only work if there'd be 1:1 parity in achievements, and that has never been the case. 

15 minutes ago, Shambolic said:

Took over Dulwich Hamlet at the start of the second season. Within 3 weeks I have 8 players unhappy at me because they asked for new contracts and instead of just rolling over and giving it to them, I challenged them to earn it.

Sounds like there's too little options how players react. I would like to think in worst case scenario players would be frustrated but depending on mentality willing to work harder or become complacent.

3 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

Sounds like there's too little options how players react. I would like to think in worst case scenario players would be frustrated but depending on mentality willing to work harder or become complacent.

Surely other players would see I'm not giving out new contracts just because they've asked for it and as such, won't ask themselves? 

1 minute ago, Shambolic said:

Surely other players would see I'm not giving out new contracts just because they've asked for it and as such, won't ask themselves? 

I'm guessing you got promoted on first season? Asking just for info. Anyway if you want to report this SI need a save before this mutiny happens :D

2 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

I'm guessing you got promoted on first season? Asking just for info. Anyway if you want to report this SI need a save before this mutiny happens :D

Nah doing the Youth Academy challenge so holidayed to the 2nd season and took over a newly promoted club. I'll make a report in the bug tracker now. 

6 hours ago, Zapoleon said:

Simmed into the future a bit, some weird transfers I have noticed. Now some could defo be explained away as failed transfers which happen IRL. None of these examples were young players at the time when they were bought. 

To me though seems like a recurring thing AI spends big but can't fit the player they bought into the team. 

Barca buy Hugo Ekitike 48 million plays 0 Times first season

Barca buy Carlos Soler for 43 million plays 0 times first season 

Man U buy Tomori 20 million gets played 5 times in one season moves to Crystal Palace the next season. 

Man U buy Marc Guéhi 45 million plays 17 times in his first season the second season only 7 times gets loaned out to spurs for 2.1 million at his third season for united.  Sold the next season to spurs. 

Arsenal pay 26 million for an aging Ferland mendy plays 6 times that season gets loaned out the next

Arsenal for 67 million buy  Mohamed Simakan he gets played only 5 times that season

Arsenal buy Angelo Stiller for 40 million they play him 5 times that season

Karim Adeyemi bought by spurs for 103 million he gets played 15 times his first season

Real Madrid buy Manu Koné 54 million plays 5 times the first season

Any one else notice anything like this?

Really does feel like whoever suggested AI managers are putting up with constant complaints about squad depth was right.

Combine that with them not making subs and you have your issue of them stockpiling players, not playing them, then presumably selling them cheap as the players demanded a transfer.

2 hours ago, marionk said:

scam move i must say 

Really struggling to see any difference between 24 and 23, and probably 22, bar the ME. Not sure a single promised feature has appeared bar the set play editor.

8 hours ago, PVP said:

No, mine launched fine but I had to restart my computer and Steam too, Did you get it sorted?

Sort of... I blocked it in firewall and the game launched fine. But then I couldn't save the game. This morning I tried unblocking the game but it still won't let me save my progress.

7 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Not with SI, that's for sure.

Other studios absolutely have launched their formerly in early access games with patch notes. Of course early access can mean plenty of things, be it 3 days early access you spend an extra £20, what SI have done on or a game that's been in early access for years and people have already bought, been playing and even helped guide development.

If there's no longer plans to fix things between the Beta/Early Access and the official release date then they shouldn't call it "Early Access".