Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

I

4 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

But isnt Unity only for the match engine? I see the issue is more to do with outside of the match engine. I suspect the processing time improving was that turned off a few old bits of code that was hogging it, but whatever that was doing, in a way broke the AI 'common sense'. Hopefully its just something 'simple' they havent spotted yet. Been dying to play the full release for past 2 weeks. Was wondering why my MK Dons team won 2 straight titles and now sit top of the Championship, then checked the subs the AI was making was, very late in-game. Also noticed Man City  basically have the same team after 3 seasons, but Doku has only played 10 games!!

Oh I wasn't implying that the switch would automatically fix the under the hood stuff. 

We don't really know how they see the switch to Unity. It could be a full blown reset for the game and a chance to rebuild some aspects from the ground up, or it could just be graphics and UI. I could see them stripping some aspects of the game down to the bare bones and then building up. I think they've been on it for 2-3 years already.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I

Oh I wasn't implying that the switch would automatically fix the under the hood stuff. 

We don't really know how they see the switch to Unity. It could be a full blown reset for the game and a chance to rebuild some aspects from the ground up, or it could just be graphics and UI. I could see them stripping some aspects of the game down to the bare bones and then building up. I think they've been on it for 2-3 years already.

I hope they do get rid of the UI. Its too clunky for me. I hope for completely customizable, resizable boxes. Even moving away from the big boxes with little text by adding a graphic instead. I really do have high hopes for FM25 as I hope it is a complete re-write. Im liking FM24 this season though, still playing it as BETA to be honest as my save is from beta and the Japanese database wasnt correct, plus all my usual 'add-ons' havent been released yet either. Out of curiousity, why do SI release the editor after beta, if it only affects the database (because the database isnt beta code?)

Edited by greenz81

23 minutes ago, Piotr Sebastian said:

Playing Style has been removed from the staff profile. Why? This was a valuable clue for opponents.

Is that on AI manager pages?

In the beta every single one had "Wing Play" as their playing style, have to assume thats a deeper issue than UI and its being hidden as it would likely be a simple fix if the wrong words were coming up.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is that on AI manager pages?

In the beta every single one had "Wing Play" as their playing style, have to assume thats a deeper issue than UI and its being hidden as it would likely be a simple fix if the wrong words were coming up.

Can confirm. I was noted for my ''wing play'' style with my 5-3-2 WB with... *checks notes* no wingers or width.

something something most polished version ever

Why so many Managers has Wing Play as their tactical style? 

England 14/20 (the rest are Control Possession x2 Gegenpress x3 Tiki-taka x1)
France 13/18
Spain 18/20!
Germany 11/18
Italy 13/20

Compared it with FM 23 and there is a noticeable difference in diversity of tactical styles 

Edited by Elder

5 minutes ago, StephenG said:

this is also still happening - playing against another 2 english teams. how does this make it to release day!?image.png.cc78fecaad55a101a644ab9ebbee82b7.png

I'd imagine if this is a save game and if they have actually done some fixes to db/comps, then you'd need a new save as it's a competition rule.

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

I'd imagine if this is a save game and if they have actually done some fixes to db/comps, then you'd need a new save as it's a competition rule.

that would be strange. it's an FM23 save and it worked fine there. it only broke in FM24.

1 hour ago, Carninho said:

I'm just going to keep adding these. its like playing that FM version from 16 or 17 years ago when it was released with a massing injury issue 

following my latest game this comes up

image.thumb.png.7a3c37275ae51b314eb5a1e6a84e5ef8.png

And yet it’s still lower than real life

Why is 200 million for a player the new 100 million, like i know inflation happens(which i was told long ago inflation doesnt happen in FM) but neymar was bought for 200 million over 6 years ago and that transfer record still hasnt been broken, but now every good player that is happy at a club takes stupid amount of money to buy, something is really of here. Like top top players go for 300 million, and everyone other good player below that cost up to 200 million, its ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Zek said:

I can't actually remember if there was one for previous releases, but there will be a data update within the next two weeks, won't there?

This is the first time after Beta where it looks like not much if anything at all has been touched, every other FM up untill this point has had at least its ME tweeked on release day. Unless Si are completely happy where the ME currently sits which may well be the case. Data issues are totally different, they should be fixed ASAP, or heads would roll if i was the head of department.

1 minute ago, iAlwaysWin said:

This is the first time after Beta where it looks like not much if anything at all has been touched, every other FM up untill this point has had at least its ME tweeked on release day. Unless Si are completely happy where the ME currently sits which may well be the case. Data issues are totally different, they should be fixed ASAP, or heads would roll if i was the head of department.

Nope. Last year was the same. Absolutely no changes to the ME from beta to full release. Same again this year. 

6 hours ago, Rayban_DK said:

Cant launch demo - keeps crashing on start up. Something about a dump file of some sort... Anyone else?

No, mine launched fine but I had to restart my computer and Steam too, Did you get it sorted?

4 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

Nope. Last year was the same. Absolutely no changes to the ME from beta to full release. Same again this year. 

Well i will take your word on that, even thou i purchased FM23, i did not like the Beta version and didnt stick around long enough to notice any changes on full release, i guess they got away with it last year so i guess same approach this year, which btw if the match engine is so perfect in beta and dont need touched for full release then the match engine should never need touched, which isnt the case so not acceptable to me.

Edited by iAlwaysWin

For me I'm not noticing any wrong with the ME or a lot of goals in the matches

I really enjoy this version of the ME 

Maybe a little bit tweaks to defending especially the center backs but overall decent and enjoyable ME , way way better than FM 23.

Edited by GOODNAME

5 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

We haven't released a changelist between Early Access and Full Launch, this is in line with previous editions.

We do have further updates planned in the near future so please stay tuned. Not every issue raised during the Early Access stage can be resolved in time for Launch, but once we have it under investigation we will look to find a solution as quick as we can.

Not sure if this has been posted here, but I feel they should pin this on the top.

The one thing with this game, even on full release that is grinding my gears is the clinicalness of the AI. It doesn't matter what team you play, elite or amateur, if the AI get even a small bit of momentum they will more often then not score, often with their first shot on target and way too often do they finish the game scoring most if not all their shots on target. It happens way too frequently and if its not addressed in some way to try and balance the game it will be game breaking for many people. 

1 minute ago, GOODNAME said:

For me I'm not noticing any wrong with the ME or a lot of goals in the matches

I really enjoy this version of the ME 

Maybe a little bit tweaks to defending especially the center backs but overall decent and enjoyable ME , way way better than FM 23.

i would second that, way better than FM23!!! to be honest the match engine plays well, its easy on the eye and being successful and watching nice football is all there, my major problem is with the transfer market.

2 minutes ago, Eoin Maguire said:

The one thing with this game, even on full release that is grinding my gears is the clinicalness of the AI. It doesn't matter what team you play, elite or amateur, if the AI get even a small bit of momentum they will more often then not score, often with their first shot on target and way too often do they finish the game scoring most if not all their shots on target. It happens way too frequently and if its not addressed in some way to try and balance the game it will be game breaking for many people. 

The match engine doesn't differentiate between the AI and the human player, it's the same for both. 

20 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Apologies if I've missed this on your Socials or something, but is there an ETA on when the Japan licensing will be fully rolled out then, as that was a pretty big selling point and feature for FM24, so presumably it can't be far off if it should have been including for launch today? It's still being adverting on the FM website now too: https://www.footballmanager.com/features

image.png.a1168a4679bf48203dfc0a57c5b40a1a.png

Yeah this is a bit of a letdown. 

Will start with the "Your World" issues like:

- No pre-arranged transfers for Endrick, Kendry Paez, and Vitor Roque (I suspect it's the same with other pre arranged transfers), despite the deals happened before 1/7
- Weird thing with injured players after the cut off date (Timber, Courtois, and others)
- Fagioli is suspended, but Tonali isn't (literally the same case)

Edited by Azariiix

The match engine is for the most part good. It’s an improvement on 23 for me personally, particularly in the animations and new physics. Positional play has also been positive.
But I have felt there are too many goals, my own team plays passes that I feel are too good sometimes. And I’m not saying to just nerf me (the user), but the overall accuracy maybe, particularly at high tempos depending on attributes. 
I am Ajax playing in a poor league though. 

the lighting feature is a huge disappointment. I looked forward to that experience, my purchase decision was influenced by this and it never came as shown. 

struggling to sell players at the moment for anything near my players market value. 

I’m considering leaving the game alone for a bit until an update before committing further. 

14 minutes ago, Bahoi said:

Ar least we cam now tell why they called it Early Access and not Beta.

Because from Beta to Full you create the expectations that things will get fixed, be changed, moved on, looked at etc.

While Early Access creates the premise for no expectation whatsoever for Full release. 

Early Access = 6th Nov version.

Maybe although I think it's probably a bit more innocent than that. I think SI are a bit of an old school company trying to fit in with a modern gaming space and early access is the current buzz word. 

They've never liked patch notes because they don't want you reading what is essentially a bug list. In their eyes the less the player knows about what's going on under the hood the better.

That being said plenty of actual early access games launch with massive patch notes, and people like it.  BG3 will likely be game of the year and Larian are a shining light at the moment. They actually enjoy talking with their community. Not just a bunch of access journalist/youtube types.

Edited by KeiranShikari

4 minutes ago, ch said:

How did the substitution bug make it to the full release, surely this shouldn't even have made it into early access. I started a game in Italy and there's no substitutions at all. Only injured players get subbed off. Both youth teams and senior teams play the full 90 if they're not injured, crazy.

My guess would be that it's something they could have fixed with a sledgehammer quickly by reverting backwards but they're looking to find a fix with more finesse as this likely links in with a lot of other systems. I'd assume it's tied in with things like AI squad building. 

This is really the sort of things where transparency would be amazing. Preferably before a release (some posts on an enthusiast forum probably aren't going to hurt the bottom line).

8 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Young squad player with low rep joins mid season. 

Immediately put up for loan. 

No issue.

Not registered in CL squad. Furious.

Me: what? 

Entire squad: furious. 

Busted morale for weeks. 

Does he need to be registered?  I mean not like is he good enough or whatever, but in prior versions there was a bug where players who didn't need to be registered in order to play would sometimes get upset that they weren't registered.

30 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

And you're yet to answer the question about the injury rates at the other clubs in your league. Show us that screenshot. 

do you mean this?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.93b042b0be4e1bcc44fbd311aa780c0d.png

not sure it really shows much as its just a snapshot. most of mine have been and gone

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6d54bc3800502fb1fc0a88f7d3155496.png

this page scrolls down a long way!

2 minutes ago, Carninho said:

do you mean this?

Hide contents

not sure it really shows much as its just a snapshot. most of mine have been and gone

Hide contents

this page scrolls down a long way!

Yes, that all seems normal to me. 

Also, what is your total injuries compared to projected injuries? That will show at the top of the 2nd screenshot you shared. #

EDIT - Also, 5 major injuries in a season, none of which is more than 6 weeks long is far from excessive. The vast majority of clubs in real life would have similar, if not more. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave