[Suggestion] Contract planner in negotiations

Enzu225

While negotiating contracts, there should be something like a contract planner included on the screen as it is very easy to greatly increase the clubs wage bill without it. What I mean is that somewhere on the screen in the middle of negotiating a contract, likely on the left side that I have outlined in a yellow square next to Bonuses & Clauses, there are details of the contract and the impact it has on the team. This includes a calculated yearly wage (possibly with yearly loyalty bonus and agent fee included as they are spread out during the duration of the contract, not payed out up front), possibly also wage with promotion increase and division relegation drop. Bonuses should not be included there as you never know how many goals the player scores or if the team wins any competitions.

I have made an example with Juan Foyth of Villarreal of the contract negotiation screen with the contract starting at the end of the season, to show an example what it could look like. He wishes for 247K P/M, which is 2,96M a year. 2023 he will still have the old contract, 2024 he will have the new contract with 247K P/M, 2025 he will have the contract with X2 Wages (2,96M with an 5% wage rise, also with loyalty bonus and agent fee/2,96M, with a 25% wage drop if the team is relegated that season, also with loyalty bonus and agent fee).

Contract.thumb.png.891369ca3fb084689e155877354a8987.png

Budget impact shown at the bottom is not very useful if the team is spending more than they can make.

There should also be a separate contract planner on the main screen like the squad planner where you can plan and calculate player and staff contracts for current and future seasons. That would work like this: you can assign players to groups based on playing time (it will not affect the players playing time, and will only be used in suggestions of contract negotiations), each group has a minimum and maximum wage you are willing to pay for the players or staff in that group, you can also set a maximum number of players or staff for the group (in my example there are a maximum of 8 regular starters in the group, with the team currently having 10 regular starters) and the minimum and maximum total amount you are willing to pay for the group used when calculating the total wage bill for the seasons. That information then could appear on the negotiation screen in order to get an overview on how much you are willing to pay the player or staff of that group.

Edited by Enzu225

• 4 months later...