What will you do when FM24 is officially released on Nov 6?

What will you do when FM24 is officially released on Nov 6?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. How will you play on FM24 when it is officially released on Nov 6?

• Keep playing my current save (beta or FM23 import)
    • Start a new save unemployed
    • Start a new save picking a club of choice
    • I'm skipping (or undecided about) FM24
    • Other (please explain in comments)

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Maybe, but the point is that would be exactly the same whether you use a ported-over FM23 db or a fresh FM24 one.

Maybe and maybe not. Since it is the first version we are completely unaware of bugs that may happen because of import down the line. They could be unique bugs or they could be non existent.

This version is basically the test for all future versions. I hope it is smooth sailing I plan on doing the same thing but I feel like its slightly risky

Play my Beta save with Liverpool and win every trophy possible before I quit. Just Champions League, Club World Cup, Two domestic trophies to go. 

Then...in order.

Rushall Olympic F.C.

Chapecoense FC

Journeyman

Barcelona

FC Ryukyu

Then that should be me until FM2025

7 hours ago, Billbad said:

They should have done midnight Thursday release time. That would have made everyone happy. Monday 4pm is a crap time.

It is a midnight release for some of us at least. Time zones mean it's going to be a weird release time for some people.

Although 4pm is roughly when people will be getting home from school in the UK and not too long before people start finishing work, so it's not that weird.

13 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

4pm UK time

Its rare as hens teeth that I moan about SI Games but when you advertise that the game is released on the 6th Nov to me thats 12.01 am Monday morning and now after being told you need to wait till 4pm Monday it does take the biscuit a bit because thats half of the day gone.

Perhaps when you say a date for release then perhaps say what time on that day as well because it does matter to your loyal customers.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb albanie.:

Download the game, download the key add-ons, hope the game is well polished and start my first Non-League to Legend game (with Curzon Ashton). 

I love saves with Curzon Ashton. I had quite a good time with them the last time I managed them.

55 minutes ago, bezzy1970 said:

Its rare as hens teeth that I moan about SI Games but when you advertise that the game is released on the 6th Nov to me thats 12.01 am Monday morning and now after being told you need to wait till 4pm Monday it does take the biscuit a bit because thats half of the day gone.

Perhaps when you say a date for release then perhaps say what time on that day as well because it does matter to your loyal customers.

They did. I can't find a link to the announcement, but it was some time ago. It should have been stickied on this forum.

7 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

They did. I can't find a link to the announcement, but it was some time ago. It should have been stickied on this forum.

Yes it should've been stickied to the forum because you get sad bar stewards like me get up at some ungodly hour like 3am expecting for Steam to update the game to the final release so then I can get the Football manager in-game editor and the resource archiver and the main editor.

I apologise for being a grumpy git its because I got up early :lol: 

I saw someone post "I'll do what I always do..." and the same goes for me. But it's not a plan, rather it's a pattern of behaviour that has emerged after playing this game for years. And years and years. I tend to do a couple of shorter saves just to get a feel for the game. Then, sometime after the January patch, I launch a longer career that usually lasts for the rest of the cycle.

This year I'm gonna change it up though and instead keep running my FM23 save for a while. That way I can really compare the ME and see how my tactic works in the new game (with positional rotations, new set pieces etc.).

I fancy doing a South American save but with one of the lesser nations like Bolivia, Ecuador or Venezuela , however not sure these leagues will be available on the actual release date 

So still unsure . It’s part of the excitement 

Waiting for the editor to see what's new.

See what can be transferred to the new editor, which is rarely.

Start the file again on the new editor.

Play for a few months those files and getting stressed out by fat FM.

Playing the rest of the time on FM Touch via Arcade.

2 hours ago, Wolf616 said:

I don't understand the global release, although I do wonder which country is their most important market. I had assumed UK, but the 4pm time slot suggests not?

The UK is their most important market. 3/4pm releases local time are pretty normal. I believe Creative Assembly (also UK based and owned by Sega) does the exact same.

Midnight releases local time seem incredibly rare for PC games these days. Can't remember the last time one happened. I guess they're thinking why have staff working all night for the release when they could just do any stuff needed in the lead up to release during regular work hours instead.

Not sure why you don't understand the global release. It's a digital game, there's no reason not to release it at the same time globally.

18 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

The UK is their most important market. 3/4pm releases local time are pretty normal. I believe Creative Assembly (also UK based and owned by Sega) does the exact same.

Midnight releases local time seem incredibly rare for PC games these days. Can't remember the last time one happened. I guess they're thinking why have staff working all night for the release when they could just do any stuff needed in the lead up to release during regular work hours instead.

Not sure why you don't understand the global release. It's a digital game, there's no reason not to release it at the same time globally.

If the release date is 6th November then just let Steam update the game when you decide to start the game up on the 6th like its always been done definitely over the last 3/4 years . 

The question is why change things now ???

55 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

I understand it, I just don't like it for entirely selfish reasons which are I have the day off today due to working schedule and wanted to get real into it. Now I won't get the chance until the weekend, probably.

Edited by Wolf616

Most certainly, I'll begin with a french club save just to see how it goes.

Do you guys know when the first patch will be released? I read that there's a lot of problems to correct from the beta and I assume that it won't take only a few days to get it done.

5 minutes ago, polosuzou said:

Most certainly, I'll begin with a french club save just to see how it goes.

Do you guys know when the first patch will be released? I read that there's a lot of problems to correct from the beta and I assume that it won't take only a few days to get it done.

Pretty sure a bunch of issues are fixed when the game actually releases. It's not officially a patch though (and there are no patch notes to say what's fixed/what isn't) but there usually is an update from the beta version at least.

Journeyman save, titled The Celtic Tiger, start off unemployed no badges or experience, can only manage teams in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Rep of Ireland and the Bretagne region in France.

13 hours ago, Womaz said:

I fancy doing a South American save but with one of the lesser nations like Bolivia, Ecuador or Venezuela , however not sure these leagues will be available on the actual release date 

So still unsure . It’s part of the excitement 

You can download fan-created leagues of those countries and add them to FM.

9 hours ago, phd_angel said:

You can download fan-created leagues of those countries and add them to FM.

Yes I know as I have done this in the past. I just have to wait until one is created for fm24 …….although someone may have already done it 😀

On 05/11/2023 at 13:41, phnompenhandy said:

But there's no need. I've ported over my FM23 save with 84 realism files by Daveincid, FMTU and Notorious Pro along with my 13-tier lower league file. Not a smidgin of an issue.

I already hear someone say they ran into a bug where the fixtures get messed up big time and players are away on international duty for european games, not sure what files they had loaded though. But does show you no one at SI etc will have tested custom files from 23 to check if they have such bugs on 24. So its a big risk if you wanna do a long term save. 

I've got the full game, but I'm waiting for someone to put some lower leagues downloads, particularly the USA, Mexico, Spain, England and Austria. I'll probably start a save with whichever comes first.

My favorite save ever was a USA/Mexico save which took me from the fourth tier of the USA pyramid to winning the CONCACAF Champions League twice with Morelia in Mexico. I have a desire to try that again, but I'd also love to work my way up with a B or C team in Spain and try and get to the top by getting hired by that club's first team. And taking the Salzburg club that Red Bull replaced and enacting revenge upon the energy drink giants would be lovely. And there's always the classic up-the-leagues in England save. I'll probably go with whatever is available first.

Edited by MisterFoxPlaysGames