Advice and Help needed - jumping from fm16 to fm24

Hi All, 

As you can see from the title, I have been playing FM16 for the last 7 years and I love long term saves however, my steam account was hacked and I cannot gain access to it as whoever did it changed their email address to theirs and not mine. Anyway, this might be the boot up the backside I needed to finally make the jump to FM24, I am however really hesitant as there is no doubt so many changes to varying features. 

I was just wondering please could someone help me prioritise the areas of the game which most need my attention, like a priority list of sorts then I can do some research and improve my understanding before I download the new game on my new steam account.

Thank you

I am in a similar situation, I played FM18 for years and kept it up to date. This year I have decided to upgrade and bought the game last week. I can relate to your hesitance but I figured the longer I stayed away from updating the harder it would be, so I just did it. The differences are massive and can be overwhelming, however I have stuck with it and I am slowly getting up to speed and I am actually enjoying learning the game again. 

First....Throw the rock away where you living under for the last years :P

Second.... Just play, there is a lot of information that the game will give you when you start. In a couple of days, maybe a week you know everything. Click through the game, try things and after you have a good feeling you know the parts then start a real game.

Have fun!

10 hours ago, LEEMOD said:

Any advice please? Would really appreciate it, thanks

I'd just say watch out for the tutorial aspects that the game will throw at you through your inbox at the start of your first job as this will get you up to speed on the changes.

Other, non-FM advice - contact Valve support to see if they can help you get your account back.  Secondly, enable two-factor authentication on your new Steam account as this should hopefully avoid a repeat of the account loss.  You probably want to look at changing other passwords too.  Check the site below to see if any of your details have been part of any data leaks:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

On 06/11/2023 at 10:29, kevhamster said:

I'd just say watch out for the tutorial aspects that the game will throw at you through your inbox at the start of your first job as this will get you up to speed on the changes.

Other, non-FM advice - contact Valve support to see if they can help you get your account back.  Secondly, enable two-factor authentication on your new Steam account as this should hopefully avoid a repeat of the account loss.  You probably want to look at changing other passwords too.  Check the site below to see if any of your details have been part of any data leaks:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Hi Kev, 

Thank you very much for that, I will take a look, I emailed steam support twice but no reply and I can't use the account recovery on Steam as the hackers have amended the associated email address, and the mobile number linked to it as in an old one I had maybe 8-10 years ago so it's a nightmare. 

Hey LEEMOD, I often skip versions (or play some briefly) and there is nothing to worry about. If anything, it just become easier because you can delegate more now.

You may or may not be surprised how little has changed since FM17. Don't let the interface put you off - it is very much the same game under the surface.